Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 08/18/2009

Nude Tape Leaked of Eric Dane, Wife and Former Beauty Queen; Paula Abdul Angling for 'Idol' Return

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Headlines: Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart in nude video with former beauty queen; "Not a sex tape," says Dane's lawyer... Michael Jackson to be buried on 51st birthday, says Papa Joe... Judge approves deal for sale of Jackson merchandise... Steve Harvey joins "Good Morning America" for family, relationship segments... Shania Twain next up for "Idol" guest-judging slot... Robin Wright Penn says she won't reconcile with Sean Penn... Mark Wahlberg treated for smoke inhalation on set of new movie... Tyra Banks to reveal her "real" hair... "Real Housewives of Atlanta's" Nene Leakes admits to stripper past... John Cleese reaches $19 million divorce settlement with third wife.

Pix: Ryan Seacrest snapped filming E! stand-up on a booster box.

Rumor Mill: Paula Abdul negotiating a return to "Idol"... Colin Farrell spooked by obsessed fan... Robert Downey Jr. to play vampire Lestat?... Did Tony Romo dump Jessica Simpson because of booze?... Gwyneth Paltrow shunned Scarlett Johannson on "Iron Man 2" set.

Not News: Jessica Simpson not headed to "Idol," says rep... Brad Pitt not joining the cast of "Sherlock Holmes."

Say What?
"I still slip into different styles very easily. I can be a little bit hip-hop in sweatpants and sneakers and a baseball hat. Or I can put on a head wrap and get kind of bohemian with glasses and a caftan. I can dress conservative '60s glamour, or I can go supermodern chic ... I love all different kinds of things. I'm open. I think that's what makes it exciting to people. They don't know what I'm going to do next. Honestly, I don't know half the time." -- Jennifer Lopez, on keeping us guessing, in the September issue of InStyle.

By Liz Kelly  | August 18, 2009; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kristen Stewart is Hott, and You Can Be, Too
Next: Celebrity Sex Tapes: A Brief History

Comments

Eric Dane deserves some kind of Emmy.

(Rob Lowe can present).

Posted by: molsonmich | August 18, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

Jennifer Lopez makes our Gwynnie sound brillant.

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 18, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Eric Dane should be ashamed of his McThreeway video: the production values are lousy, the lighting is bad, and there's no 'pow-chickapow-pow' music.

My favourite part is where cinematographer and Former Miss Fired From Beauty Queen Job For Appearing In Playboy says "I have to sit down now. I am so high."

"Michael Jackson to be buried on 51st birthday, says Papa Joe... " Still celebrating birthdays: more proof that MJ is still alive.

Steve Harvey on GMA gives that show a news credibility that The Today Show sorely lacks.

"Shania Twain next up for "Idol" guest-judging slot..." Well, that don't impress me much.

"Tyra Banks to reveal her "real" hair... " Snakes. I bet it's snakes, and when you see them you're turned to stone.

In honour of John Cleese's divorce settlement...
BASIL: Do you remember when we were first manacled together? We used to laugh quite a lot.
SYBIL: Yes, but not at the same time, Basil.

InStyle might claim that's what Jennifer Lopez told them, but I swear I said The exact same thing to The Lovely Mrs. byoolin three weeks ago. They'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 18, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Finally a sex tape we WANT to see.

Guess it isn't twu wuv Buttercup.

Jennifer, it's not that we don't know, it's that we don't care.

Posted by: epjd | August 18, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm pretty sure even James Brown's family thinks it is taking too long to bury Michael Jackson.

Is it wrong that I hurried to work just to see what everyone has to say about the McDreamy sex tape?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 18, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Would this be the same lawyer who counseled President Clinton re Lewinsky to weasel-word, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

ep
Jennifer, it's not that we don't know, it's that we don't care.

Who has custody of the rim-shot URL? This might be an appropriate juncture.

Robin Wright Penn says she won't reconcile with Sean Penn.

Maybe Robin can sit the still-holding-out-a-sliver-of-hope Jenny Sanford down for a good talking-to re reality.

Rumor Mill: Paula Abdul negotiating a return to "Idol."

Schadenfreude would dictate that she grovel her way back at lower pay than previously.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I saw "Dane" and panicked thinking it was Dane Cook. Who's Eric Dane?

I am just waiting for Shania to say, "who do you think you are, Elvis or something?"

Sorry to hear about Marky Mark and the Smoky Bunch.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 18, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

byloolin has convinced me of the undead MJ idea to the point that I am now worried that Joe Jackson's comments constitute a threat - he plans to KILL MJ and then bury him on his birthday. I'm shuddering from fear.

And JLo is way, way dimmer than I ever even suspected. No one, and I mean no one, is interested in her wardrobe. Poor, delusional girl.

Posted by: Amelia5 | August 18, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I know how to cut and paste web links. Can I be a Wash Post reporter too?

Posted by: wiatrol | August 18, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

td
Eric Dane plays Dr. "McSteamy" on "Grey's Anatomy."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 18, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Doppelgänger alert!

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 18, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"I can be a little bit hip-hop in sweatpants and sneakers and a baseball hat." - J.Lo.

Attention, Wal-Mart shoppers: You are now "a little bit hip-hop." That is all.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 18, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Hmmph. Personally, I call that look "laundry-day chic."

------------------

Posted by: northgs | August 18, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Queen Liz, maybe Celebritology needs its own daily Crickler-style puzzle!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Northgs, it's not dead. It's pining for the fjords.

Beautiful plumage...

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 18, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Note to the ladies of Lizard Island, the third item down on the Nene Leakes article is a sneak peek at the 2010 FDNY Calendar. Possibly not as hot as the McSteamy sex tape, but probably much safer for work.

Posted by: northgs | August 18, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Happy 81st Birthday shout-out to jazz giant Horace Silver (born Horace Ward Martin Tavares Silva in Connecticut of ½-Cape Verdean ancestry), gifted pianist and prolific composer of such jazz standards as "Song For My Father" and "Canteloupe Island" (itself homage to Herbie Hancock's classic "Watermelon Man"):

Oooh, want me some canteloupe right now!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

One more factoid re Horace Silver: Wikipedia claims that "Silver's talent didn't go unnoticed among rock musicians who bore jazz influences, either; Steely Dan sent Silver into the Top 40 in the early 1970s when they crafted their biggest hit single, 'Rikki, Don't Lose That Number,' off the bass riff that opens 'Song for My Father.'"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

As I see it, Tony Romo was clearly not drinking enough booze to put up with Jessica.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 18, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I love Watermelon Man, of course now I won't be able to get it out of my head. Though I prefer the Mongo Santamaria rendition.

Posted by: zn123 | August 18, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

zn, I consider this to be a both/and situation, not an either/or. In other words, how lucky we are to have TWO such terrific renditions!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

"Judge approves deal for sale of Jackson merchandise" -- "The deal with Bravado will cover everything from Jackson trading cards to clothing and mobile phone themes."

YOUNG GIRL: Hey look, Dad, I just got an "I Want You Back" card. Finally, after all those "Man in the Mirrors"....

DAD: Keep that away from your little brother; I don't want him seeing that. Just a sec, Billie Jean; Daddy's phone is ringing. It's your mother.

[Sound: tinkly, synthesizer-y version of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"]

Hi Diana. We're at Wal-Mart looking bad really bad. What's up?

YOUNG GIRL: Daddy, come ON. I need to try on the Thriller jacket for the retro party before they run out.

DAD [on phone]: OK, got it dear. I'll pick up the "ABC" mobile for the nursery and the "Remember the Time" clock for the birthday party. You rock my world too.

YOUNG GIRL: Meet me in the "P.Y.T." aisle.

DAD [looking up from phone]: I'll be there.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 18, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Shania Twain a judge? hmmmm

JLo should just not wear anything and stop talking about it. That might feed into the Celebrity Sex Tape followup.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 18, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Td, I thought I was the only one who refused to watch Grey's Anatomy. (I also had no idea who Eric Dane was before this story). I say >yawn<.

Bet the MJ burial keeps getting put off because Madame Tussaud is not yet finished. I too buy into the "he's not dead" conspiracy. Going to Vegas in October, bet I'll see him and Elvis there. Where else could they go in broad daylight and everyone assume they are inpersonators?

Robert Downey Jr as Lestat? I don't see it. Lestat is supposed to be very young looking and beautiful.

Posted by: hodie | August 18, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Should say "impersonators". Can't type.

Posted by: hodie | August 18, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

hodie, You're not alone. I stopped watching "Grey's" a few years ago. Just.Too.Farfetched.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I think RDJr would make an interesting Lestat. And he couldn't be any worse than that pantywaist that played him in Queen of the Damned....checks for name in article...Stuart Townshend.

I never thought Cruise could pull Lestat off either yet he did.

Posted by: wadejg | August 18, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

The next "ripped from the headlines" gimmick on the L&O or CSI franchise? No doubt right as I'm typing, they're racing to see who can get their script written first. "DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show":

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

"'Not a sex tape,' says Dane's lawyer"
-And I believe him. I'm sure it was just a harmless skin cancer self examination.

"Papa Joe... Judge approves deal for sale of Jackson merchandise"
-I hope Chuckie's sister finally finds a good home.

"Gwyneth is not friendly to anyone, and tends to make people feel awkward and uncomfortable."

-I pulled this straight off of GOOP:
From Cynthia Bourgeault: "it seems as if some of the most maliciously evil-tongued folks live on to a ripe old age (but then, they always said vinegar was a good preservative!!)....G.I. Gurdjieff would merely cluck his tongue and mutter, “Misuse of the sexual center” – and it does indeed seem true that negativity can become a kind of aphrodisiac. You can actually get high on it."

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 18, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

mdreader, I suspect ANYTHING "can become a kind of aphrodisiac."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

9 a.m. troll was 7 min. late today.

it's so hard to get good help these days.

Posted by: memphis1 | August 18, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

northgs: John Cleese settles third divorce for $19M - no word on who got stuck with the dead parrot, though.

Don'cha mean EX-parrot? LOL!

zn and Nosy, I like the Mongo version of Watermelon Man too. What a coinicidence I was listening to it just two days ago!

Posted by: hodie | August 18, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Didja see the Associated Press story that Michael Jackson will be buried on his birthday?

Or, maybe, what they SAY is Michael Jackson will be buried on his birthday.

Yours in gross speculation,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | August 18, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

hodie & zn, it may be worth noting that Herbie Hancock (composer of "Watermelon Man") finally won the top Grammy for his latest album a year ago, so is arguably still at the top of his game after all these decades.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

BTW, I think that parrot belongs to the Lindburgh Baby now . . .

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | August 18, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Just for ep:

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 18, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Let me try this again...

"Judge approves deal for sale of Jackson merchandise..."

I'm waiting for the line of "Michael Jackson Leave Me Alone" Isolation Chambers which will go perfectly with the line of "Man in the Mirror" facial masks.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 18, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Much as I love and adore RDJ, he's not right for Lestat. Gwynnie reportedly is all hacked off that Scarlett is getting so much more attention in the media etc for appearing in IM2 (ie, Ent. Weekly cover of RDJ, Scarlett and Mickey Rourke), so of course she snubbed her. Being rude to the crew is extremely bad form. She's fortunate not to be shooting with a British crew--they take nothing from nobody and are seriously NOT impressed by fame or celebrity. Would willingly sabotage scenes if a star gets above herself.

JLo, you are seriously deluded if you think you hold that level of fascination for anyone. You and Gwynnie need a joint get-over-yourself session.

While I'm sorry for the demise of their marriage, it is so time for Robin Wright Penn to move on. And good news that we'll see her in movies again.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 18, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Breaking news: Célion Dion expecting second child.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 18, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

northgs ... THANKYOU. Hummunna hummunna.

I like Gwynnie, but grow up, girl!

I'm all for owning and rocking what we've got, but it's slightly disingenuous coming from someone who suddenly dropped a ton of weight after unflattering bikini shots of her were published.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 18, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Robin Wright Penn has decided not to reconcile with Sean Penn because she's trying to give up second hand smoking.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 18, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Or I can put on a head wrap and get kind of bohemian with glasses and a caftan. -- Jennifer Lopez.

-And then there's Maude...

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 18, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Did someone say head wrap? How Posh.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 18, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Pretty soon they'll be referring to John Cleese as Nearly Cashless Nick.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 18, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse