Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 09/ 8/2009

Chris Brown to Perform at Jackson Tribute

By Liz Kelly

George Clooney (right) and Ewan McGregor arrive at a photo call for their new movie 'The Men Who Stare at Goats' at the Venice film festival. (AFP/Getty Images)

Monday

Headlines: Chris Brown to perform at Michael Jackson memorial concert... Jackson glove sells for $48,000... Megan Fox calls "Transformers" director Michael Bay "Hitler"... Emma Watson kicks off freshman year at Brown... Hugo Chavez walks Venice film festival red carpet with Oliver Stone... George Clooney brings new girlfriend to festival... Ludacris gives away 20 cars to drivers in need... Lady Gaga admits to now-kicked cocaine habit... Annie Leibovitz could lose rights to works if she doesn't come up with $24 million today... Rapper Doug E. Fresh (you know, this guy) cops to Scientology conversion... "Welcome Back Kotter's" Arnold Horshack (Ron Palillo) now a Florida teacher.

Crime Watch: Tila Tequila claims boyfriend choked her, he says he was just trying to keep her from driving drunk, she denies being intoxicated.

Pix: Lindsay Lohan, vampire.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan hits the clubs with underage sister, Jason Segal... Nicole Richie checks into hospital, ready to give birth?... Rihanna and Chris Brown planning Mexican vacation?... Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart expecting?... Sean Penn dating swimsuit model?

TMI:
"I could do the splits when I was nine months pregnant. I could put my leg over my head still. I used to be a ballerina." -- Ashlee Simpson

By Liz Kelly  | September 8, 2009; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Good Reads: Celebrity Twitterings
Next: Wear Faux Fur While Reading About Faux-lebrities

Comments

Chris Brown to perform at Michael Jackson memorial concert... in Vienna.

Isn't Brown on probation?

Posted by: jezebel3 | September 8, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Normally, I would not make fun of domestic violence. However, considering Shawne Merriman (he plays for the Chargers) was trying to keep Tila Tequila from leaving his house, all I can say on behalf of the rest of the world -- thank you.

Also, he is a famous pro-athlete he couldn't find someone better to date. I hear Kim Kardashian is available now.

Posted by: epjd | September 8, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | September 8, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Chris Brown to perform at Michael Jackson memorial concert...
-Joe Jackson says he's like the son I've always wanted.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | September 8, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

More proof that Megan Fox is a foolish girl: there's no way that the guy who directed "Transformers" executive produced "Triumph Of The Will."

Horshack now a teacher: "My name is Mr. Pallilo, and this is Irony 101."

"Lindsay Lohan hits the clubs with underage sister, Jason Segal." LiLo, LiLo, LiLo... since when does a drunken teenaged girl needs not one, but two wingmen? Stay home and let Ali learn on her own, like your mom did for you.

When asked what on earth she was thinking when she agreed to go on a Mexican vacation with Chris Brown, Rihanna appeared to stumped. "Beats me," she said.

Now that Ashlee Simpson - that's the kind of wingman you want, Ali.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 8, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Where's my *$&%$%@^ editor?

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 8, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

It is too early. I was wondering how on earth Jason Segal could possibly be Lilo's underage sister.

Posted by: sbainum | September 8, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

"George Clooney (right) and Ewan McGregor arrive at a photo call for their new movie 'The Men Who Stare at Goats' at the Venice film festival."

LOL! Again, Venice!

Posted by: jezebel3 | September 8, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd

KK does love dark meat.

Posted by: zn123 | September 8, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

George Clooney dating a 30-year-old Italian former pin-up and TV presenter. Next thing we know, he'll be quitting film to run for Prime Minister of Italy.

And why does it look like Ewan MacGregor is wearing a bra in that pic?

Tila Tequila's boyfriend is a linebacker, so shouldn't he know that a horse-collar is *always* a personal foul, regardless of intent? And isn't the size differential between the two of them such that he could just pick her up and carry her like a purse dog, no throttling required?

Posted by: northgs | September 8, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Ooh, ooh,ooh, ooh, ooh! Does Horshack keep in touch with Vinnie? Whatever happened to Washington and Epstein? (showing my age)

Agree, it does look like Ewan is wearing the Manzier or bro.

I would like to let George know that Dr. Hodie will see him now and make his hand all better.

Posted by: hodie | September 8, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Wait, Ashlee Simpson has a talent? Why hasn't she pursued this? Why have we been subjected to her lip syncing?

Posted by: MzFitz | September 8, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Is Ewan McGregor George Clooney's new girlfriend?

Posted by: agog1 | September 8, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

"Chris Brown to perform at Jackson tribute". There are oh so many things very very wrong with that concept.

Posted by: agog1 | September 8, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Is Ewan McGregor George Clooney's new girlfriend?

Posted by: agog1 | September 8, 2009 10:46 AM
========================
I thought his "new girlfriend" had something to do with his bandaged right hand and a repetitive motion injury.

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 8, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

If, as I suspect, the Chris Brown-Rhianna Mexican holiday story is made up, then shame on showbizspy or whoever it was that is perpetuating it. If it is for real, will someone PLEASE show Rhianna the pictures of her face right after Chris beat the cr*p out of her? Out of character? Riiiiiiight.
[sorry, shoulda put these altogether in one post.]

Posted by: agog1 | September 8, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

"Chris Brown to perform at Michael Jackson memorial concert"
- Is he going to use the Michael Jackson patented anti-gravity boots for his rendition of "Smooth Criminal?"

"Hugo Chavez walks Venice film festival red carpet with Oliver Stone... George Clooney brings new girlfriend to festival"
- How much sulfur was Hugo smelling that night?

"Rapper Doug E. Fresh cops to Scientology conversion..."
- And with one swell foop, one man disproves the old adage that Scientology can make anyone more successful.

"Lady GaGa admitted she consumed 'bags and bags of cocaine' while sitting at home listening to The Cure."
- Is what everyone does while they're at home listening to The Cure?

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 8, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Thank you mdreader! A contender for Comment of the week, and it's only morning of the first day of this week. ROTFL...

On another happy note, over the weekend I was able to introduce a group of people to Celebritology and the Lizards. It's so fun to share the luv....

Posted by: agog1 | September 8, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

And Doug E. Fresh just came up with scientology's new slogan, scientology: Not Just For White People Anymore.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | September 8, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I was referring to the "new girlfriend" comment, though you are in great form with many marvelous snarks today!

Posted by: agog1 | September 8, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Can someone on Probation leave the country?

Posted by: jezebel3 | September 8, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Lady Gaga had a cocaine habit? Well, get over you, Cokerface.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 8, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Ashlee, Pics or it didn't happen. On second thought, we'll take your word for it.

Posted by: yellojkt | September 8, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

dorkus, the late Isaac Hayes belonged to the $cientolocult. Remember the flap he raised over a cartoon parody of it?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 8, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I have nothing clever to say. But I did want to thank you for the Clooney picture. (Perhaps I'll have another dream tonight where I get to go on a date with him.)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | September 8, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I think everyone's pretty well got it covered already, although the picture looks to me as if Ewan's fighting off the urge to bite George's hand....

Posted by: memphis1 | September 8, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Tell Jeremy Piven to stay away from pythons:

Posted by: yellojkt | September 8, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Ewan McGregor has bigger problems than an injured hand. He has an Arabic man's head growing on his shoulder.

Posted by: TMiami | September 8, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

So much snark, so little time.
"One swell foop" ... ROFL.

Megan Fox, biting the hand that feeds you is not a good career strategy. Just ask Katherine Heigl.

And is this the guy whose Ferrari she washed in a bikini while he filmed her or whatever?

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, the fabulous Emma Watson. Hope she doesn't follow the Claire Danes route and drop out.

I would have thought 30 was a bit long in the tooth for George Clooney's taste.

Mickey Rourke described as "wrinkly playboy" ... ROFL.

If that rumor's true, there is no sympathy for Rihanna. Hopefully it is just a rumor and she's not that idiotic/messed up.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 8, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

no Sasquatch? -- I think I know why:

He's been out gathering....

Posted by: anonymouslurker | September 8, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Can someone on Probation leave the country?
*****
depends on what the terms and conditions are of his probation. in many instances, court approval needed. however, my understanding is that one of the terms of probation is that he stays away from rihanna for 5 years. if he violates that, probation is revoked and he serves the entire term.

Posted by: frieda406 | September 8, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Ah, Californian you beat me to it--same exact thought on the Fox/Heigl mind meld. On the other hand, what has MF said that WASN'T illustrative of her complete vapidity?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 8, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

My God, that picture of Kidman and Urban...she's actually SMILING! Every time the cameras showed her during the US Open coverage she looked absolutely miserable. They both did, in fact, and it was a great match they were watching.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 8, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

What if the person he's supposed to stay away from, wants him around and invites his company?

(Not saying this is what's happening, but if the rumor is true, she's not staying away from him.)

Posted by: Californian11 | September 8, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Where's my *$&%$%@^ editor?

Posted by: byoolin1

--------------------------------------
I've been *$&%$%@^ busy in the garden.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | September 8, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

With all those little rug-rats around the house, he doesn't think one of them could've swiped (or even swallowed) the ring? Sheesh! And besides, is he planning to repurpose his wedding band for his next marriage? LOL!

"Jon Gosselin says he despises estranged wife Kate"

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jon Gosselin says he despises his estranged wife Kate, and believes she took his wedding ring. The reality TV star told ABC News' Chris Cuomo on "Good Morning America" that he set down his ring one day and it vanished. He says no one else could have taken it. He also accuses Kate of verbally abusing him and beating him down during their marriage...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 8, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I'm with you. I think the proper order of things should be

1. get counseling

2. get divorce

3. date.

Jon went straight to #3 when #1 didn't work out.

Jon's other mistake is that he doesn't realize that his 6 year olds will be reading in a few years. His older girls probably already wonder why their dad is being such an asshat.

You can't make your kids choose sides. Nobody is perfectly evil, unless they are managing Megan Fox.

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 8, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Liz, did you catch this lovely column by your friend Kim?

"10 things cooking taught me about life"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 8, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Chris Brown at the violence-hating Michael Jackson tribute? That's a bad choice. I wouldn't like to see him. I doubt Michael Jackson would like him to perform in his honour.

Posted by: asoders22 | September 9, 2009 1:48 AM | Report abuse