Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 09/11/2009

Megan Fox to Host 'SNL' Season Opener; Jackson Tribute Concert Falling Apart

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Megan Fox to host "SNL" season opener... Ellen DeGeneres says she'll be tough, respectful to "Idol" hopefuls; record companies sue DeGeneres over song copyrights... Michael Jackson tribute concert lineup continues to fall apart... Guitar Hero maker contradicts Courtney Love's claim that Kurt Cobain's likeness was illegally used... Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig hit Broadway... Edward Norton to run New York City Marathon to benefit African charity... Maura Tierney leaves show to undergo cancer treatment... Lindsay Lohan unleashes Twitter rant at Samantha Ronson... Dustin "Screech" Diamond sued for $21K in unpaid taxes.

Pix: Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page kiss for Marie Claire photo shoot... Victoria Beckham gives fashion week the boot.

Video: Kathy Griffin as Kate Gosselin...

More: Stripping Italian journalist propositions George Clooney... Charlie Sheen asks President Obama to open 9/11 investigation...

Rumor Mill: Matt Damon victim of death rumor hoax... Alleged Lindsay Lohan voicemails posted online (some NSFW audio)... Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler share "intimate" L.A. dinner... Paula Abdul "stunned" about "Idol" replacement DeGeneres... Fran Drescher angling for her own talk show?

Not News: John Mayer denies hooking up with Kristin Cavallari.

Say What?
"He wasn't God, but he was certainly God-like. He was the closest thing to a god that I knew." -- LaToya Jackson on late brother Michael.

Follow post.com Movie editrix Jen Chaney all weekend as she Tweets from the Toronto Film Festival.

By Liz Kelly  | September 11, 2009; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: VIDEO -- Twits: Tila Tequila, Courtney Love, Jessica Simpson
Next: Creative Captioning: Iman Dances Stands with Wolves

Comments

LiLo's Twitter rant: how angry can you really be if you can express it in 140-character segments?

"Dustin "Screech" Diamond sued for $21K in unpaid taxes." I guess he wasn't saved by the Bell reunion.

"Victoria Beckham gives fashion week the boot." Since Posh is English, should we interpret this sentence as meaning she's given fashion week the trunk? If so, what does that mean?

"Charlie Sheen asks President Obama to open 9/11 investigation." Good luck, Charlie. I've written him hundreds of times about the UFOs and have had zero response.

Matt Damon is NOT dead! Yet.

I hope Jennifer and Gerard do make a go of it, if only so we can call them Butiston.

John Mayer has NOT hooked up with Kristin Cavallari! Yet.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 11, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Ooooh, I heart Edward Norton! Thanks for the mention.

And - Friday love to The Swayze! We're pulling for you, today and every day.

Posted by: jaybbub | September 11, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Don't you wish George Takei could take Jon Gosselin's place permanently? Funny clip!

Posted by: kvs09 | September 11, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

jaybbub, I second the motions on Edward Norton, The Swayze, and let's not forget Maura Tierney (who's battling breast cancer) and all the other celebs in the Lizard Island sick bay.

byoolin
I've written [Obama] hundreds of times about the UFOs and have had zero response.

Maybe Charlie Sheen also thinks the President's been too busy faking Hawaiian birth records?

Matt Damon victim of death rumor hoax.

Lessee here, Matt and Paul McCartney were rumored to be dead when they weren't, while MJ and Elvis (not to mention Jimmy Hoffa, Judge Crater, Hitler and Jack the Ripper) were long rumored still to be alive. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin:

_____________________

I dunno, I'm kind of partial to "Antler" myself.

Posted by: KevFromArlington | September 11, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Next week on "SUBSTANISAN ***FRIENDS***********"

@Joey: Feeb- Got any food?

@Pheobe: Quit calling me Feeb, U perv

@Bingo: Rach, need name + # of your hot frnd.

@Rachel: Chandler, your Twitter name sux.

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 11, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Kev, you made me go SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Matt Damon victim of death rumor hoax.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 10:37 AM
===========

How are those death panels in the new health care reform package supposed to work if we can't agree on who's dead and who isn't?

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 11, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

mdreader, I believe Sarah Palin gets to decide.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Better idea: Tina Fey made up as Sarah Palin gets to decide. Now THERE'S an idea for the cold-open of one of this season's SNLs.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

So, does that mean if you don't believe in God, that Michael Jackson didn't really exist? And if he didn't exist, was this just sort of existential nightmare? Which would make sense, since I never understood his appeal anyway.

Posted by: zn123 | September 11, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Fran Drescher? That voice wants a talk show? Anyone want to borrow my ice pick after I ram it in my ears???

Posted by: ChuckFi | September 11, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

zn, excellent point. Although when I first saw that quote, I misread it as "He was the closet thing to a god."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

ChuckFi, Don't despair. Fran Drescher is an actor of many voices, even a received (BBC) English accent. Her "Nanny" character of Fran Fine was but one, and a caricature. When Drescher speaks seriously (e.g., re cancer), rather little of the Queens accent comes through.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Charlie, drunken wackjob is supposed to be your acting role, not your real-life role...

Posted by: memphis1 | September 11, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Many thanks, Nosy. You cleared that up just before I lanced the second ear. Whew.

Posted by: ChuckFi | September 11, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

nosy, she does say "god-like" which I still ridiculous. there are several artists that I've given high status (in my own head), but never deity status.

Posted by: zn123 | September 11, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

...is still ridiculous

where's an editor when you need one.

Posted by: zn123 | September 11, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

zn, agreed.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

(zn, I meant "agreed" re your content, not the mere typo)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

All good thoughts and prayers to Maura Tierney.

LiLo + SamRo = big yawn.

LaToya Jackson clearly lives in a parallel universe. Face it, LaToya, talent notwithstanding, the guy was a complete freak show.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 11, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday to Harry Connick, Jr., a true artist!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin asks:

"'Victoria Beckham gives fashion week the boot.' Since Posh is English, should we interpret this sentence as meaning she's given fashion week the trunk? If so, what does that mean?"

------------------------------------------
I would say that she's planning to put some junk in the trunk so she can claim the Butiston title, but considering that we're talking about skeleboobs here, there is a big BUT attached to this idea.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | September 11, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin:

_____________________

I dunno, I'm kind of partial to "Antler" myself.

Posted by: KevFromArlington

Kev, you will have to requisition a new keyboard for me from the lizard island stores for that one.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 11, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

RIP Larry Gelbart. Creator of M*A*S*H.

It is still technically summer despite the rotten weather.

Posted by: epjd | September 11, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I meant writer. The gin from the Swamp's still is affecting my brain.

Posted by: epjd | September 11, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone else getting a message re their comment being held for review before posting? I didn't write anything inappropriate, just a brief homage to Larry Gelbart.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Larry Gelbart was also among the genius writers on the legendary "Your Show of Shows," along with Carl Reiner, Howie Morris, Neil Simon & his brother, even an exceedingly young Woody Allen.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, was the offensive expression that got my earlier attempts to post quarantined the names Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Nope, must've been this:

Hmmm, was the offensive expression that got my earlier attempts to post quarantined "The Dick Van D*ke Show" (based on Carl Reiner's experiences on "Your Show of Shows")?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Yep, it must've been the "Y" in DVD's name.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse