Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 09/29/2009

Polanski Wants Out of Swiss Jail; Courtney Love Frozen Out of Daughter's Account

By Liz Kelly

Amber Rose, Kanye West and Anja Rubik attend amfAR Milano 2009 Dinner on Monday in Milan. (Getty Images)

Tuesday

Headlines: Roman Polanski asks Swiss court to release him from jail... Polanski's attorneys may have precipitated arrest... Tickets for Michael Jackson documentary sell out in two hours... Pam Anderson denies bankruptcy claims... Will son's death cause John Travolta to break with Scientology?... Daughter blames mom for David Hasselhoff hospital drama... Lady Gaga named Billboard's "Rising Star"... "Hills" cast salaries revealed... Paul Newman liked being on Nixon's enemies list, says daughter... Courtney Love frozen out of daughter's trust fund... Ione Skye gives birth to daughter Goldie Priya Lee... Jon Cryer and wife adopt baby girl... Fred Durst divorcing after three months of marriage... Emmy Rossum's husband files for divorce.

Crime Watch: Second Lindsay Lohan burglary suspect turns herself in.

Video: Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig chide cell phone offender... Tracy Morgan's "Dumplin' Butts."

Rumor Mill: Mel Gibson wants court to expunge DUI conviction... Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy marry... Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush back together... Khloe Kardashian sells wedding pix for $250K... Mary-Louise Parker accused of stealing boyfriend... Amy Winehouse flies Caribbean faith healer to U.K... Johnny Depp planning to jump "Pirates of the Caribbean" ship?... Britney Spears drops $3,000 in candy store... Randy Quaid's wife used fake credit card, says former employee.

Not News: Jamie Kennedy not stepping out on Jennifer Love Hewitt, says rep.

Chat: Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore takes questions and comments about his latest film, "Capitalism: A Love Story," and more at 1:15 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | September 29, 2009; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Your Take: Parsing Polanski and Phillips
Next: Remembering John Cusack (No, He's Not Dead)

Comments

Amy, for what ails you, I don't think anyone believes enough to heal it.

Do not let Polanski out of jail pending a hearing. Look what happened the last time.

I guess when your name is Ione, Goldie is not that bad a baby name.

I think it is revealing that anyone is paying the Hills cast real money. Can they pay with Mrs. Quaid's fake credit card?

Posted by: epjd | September 29, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

'The 31-year-old singer — who once dated Claire Danes - says he and Skye, 38, are "over the moon."'

I'm not sure why dating a home wrecker is relevant, but I would think that Inoe's marriage to Adrock deserves a mention.

Ad Rock Down With The Ione
Listen To The Sh*t Because Both Of Them Is Boney
Got To Do It Like This Like Chachi And Joanie
Because She's The Cheese And I'm The Macaroni

Posted by: MzFitz | September 29, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Today's piece of advice: if you've been on the run for thirty years, don't taunt the prosecutors.

Courtney Love frozen out of daughter's trust fund...
-There is a god.

Mel Gibson wants court to expunge DUI conviction...
-Well that and anything that might have occurred in Germany between 1939 and 1945.

Fred Durst divorcing after three months of marriage...
-I guess she finally heard one of his albums.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | September 29, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

When your name is Ione Skye you really have to step up your game in the Whacky Celebrity Baby Name Sweepstakes.

Posted by: yellojkt | September 29, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

The more I hear about Paul Newman, the sadder I am I never got the opportunity to meet him. (Take that, Nixon!)

Not sure what's going on with John Travolta, but I'm hoping for the best for him and his family.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | September 29, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Micheal Moore is also planning to release an autobiographical documentary - Doughnuts: A Love Story.

Posted by: MStreet1 | September 29, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I'd have thought Roman Polanski could just sneak out of a Swiss jail. Aren't they full of holes, just like the cheese?

"Polanski's attorneys may have precipitated arrest... " Stuff like that is why I *always* agree with anything ep says.

Lady Gaga winning is to Billboard's "Rising Star" as [insert name here] is to winning the Grammy for Best New Artist. Discuss.

"Hills" cast salaries: the fact that anyone would pay Heincer a combined salary in the six figures for anything that doesn't involve the phrase "black market organ transplant" is depressing.

"Fred Durst divorcing -
The poor man was harried.
Such is love's coursing
That Fred durst not have married."
- Wm. Shakespeare, The Taming Of The Shrewd.

I believe Dorkus has already won the Mel Gibson portion of the comments.

"Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush back together... Khloe Kardashian sells wedding pix for $250K... " ... other Kardashian sister fails in bid to get her name in the paper.

"Mary-Louise Parker accused of stealing boyfriend." Maybe the grass really *is* greener.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 29, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

What a veritable smorgasbord of dish on celebrities and the Kardashians!

Dorkus, well done on the Gibson!

John Travolta will only break with Scientology if he admits he's gay (if he is). I think that's what's being held over his head if he risks a break. Come on, John, go for it.

Has anyone asked Tom Cruise or Kirstie Alley what they think of John Travolta's admitting his son had autism?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 29, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

If you can 'expunge' a multi-decade and multi-progeny marriage, what's the big shakes on dumping a nagging little DUI???

Posted by: LTL1 | September 29, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

"Britney Spears drops $3,000 in candy store" -- Fortunately she had a personal assistant to pick it up off the floor. She scored a couple M&Ms and a Starburst too.

"Daughter blames mom for David Hasselhoff hospital drama" -- Because Lord knows, the man can't get any press otherwise.

"Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig chide cell phone offender" -- Oh for Pete's sake, you two. Stay in character. Like this is the first time a cell phone has gone off in a theater. It's annoying, but it happens. This is no surprise. You are not being paid to chat with the patrons during a performance. Ignore it, do your jobs, and let the audience take care of the offender with a few well-placed stares and coughs. With the media play on this, you'd think we were talking about Barrymore and Olivier and not Wolverine and Bond. Honestly....

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 29, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

td, I would have been ok if they had taken some of their clothes off while chatting.

Khloe sells her wedding pictures for $250K - now we know why she rushed down the aisle. I guess the economy must be hitting them pretty hard. Now she has a set up for her own reality show....

As does the knocked-up sister..."Unmarried Knocked-up Kardashian Supports Baby's Daddy who had No Real Source of Income".

I'm sure their deceased papa would be soooo proud.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | September 29, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Brittney, come talk to me about a good family dental plan.

MzFitz--sploot, you owe me a new computer screen.

What good will expunging Mel's record do when very few will ever forget?

I can't get the picture out of my head from that scene in Independance Day where Randy Quaid's character yells just before he crashes his plane into the Mothership in a sneery, Shining kind of way "heeeerre's Johnny!"

Posted by: hodie | September 29, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

hodie, I think he says, "Hey boy's, I baaack!" I love that movie...I know, I know, but I can't help it...."Welcome to Earth!"

Posted by: VaLGaL | September 29, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin:
Lady Gaga winning is to Billboard's "Rising Star" as [insert answer here] is to winning the Grammy for Best New Artist. Discuss.

I got it! I got it! Perhaps the most egregious was Marvin Hamlish, 1975. He had been writing and recording since the early 60's.

Next up, Bette Midler 1974. She had been performing on Broadway since 1968.

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 29, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Sorry mdreader01 - I was thinking more along the lines of

Lady Gaga wining Billboard's "Rising Star" is to Heincer winning the Grammy for Best New Artist

Posted by: LTL1 | September 29, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I think I'm with most of society when I say Scientology leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I take malicious pleasure in seeing it discredited - defectors are the best.

However.

Using Travolta's son's death as just another opportunity to slam on the religion/philosophy/cult is equally icky. Dare I say, it's even ick. nast. Yeah, when/if Travolta admits autism exists, I will silently think "oh, REALLY?" But I hope the tabloids don't use this situation as just another juicy cover story.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | September 29, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Emmy Rossum? Isn't she a teenager?

Well this is interesting. So if I'm ever arrested, I can just ask and I'll be let out of jail and have my conviction expunged? Or are those offers void where not a celebrity?

This is perhaps NOT news, but Courtney Love looks horrible.

And to top having the geighest name ever, Hugh Dancy looks the part. Will it be karma if he leaves Claire for a guy?

Posted by: Californian11 | September 29, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

ValGal you are right but I always think Jack Nicholson and the Shining when he says that, hence the confusion. (one of my favorite movies too and you pegged my favorite line POW "Welcome to Earth!).

Posted by: hodie | September 29, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse