Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 09/ 2/2009

Spencer Pratt Changing His Name to 'King Spencer Pratt'; LeAnn Rimes Divorcing

By Liz Kelly

AnnaLynne McCord, dressed in equal parts Avril Lavigne and Ren Fair Wench at a '90210' launch party, helps build the case for disallowing people named 'McCord' to dress themselves. (Getty Images)
Tuesday

Headlines: Spencer Pratt legally changing his name to "King Spencer Pratt"... DJ AM had nine OxyContin pills in his body, agreed to go to rehab one day before death... Whitney Houston blames Oprah for mediocre performance... LeAnn Rimes and husband divorcing... Muhammad Ali honored by ancestral Irish town... Sarah Jessica Parker gets to work on "Sex and the City" sequel (More Pix)... David Boreanaz and wife welcome second child.

Pix: K-Fed hits the pool in Miami.

Rumor Mill: Halle Berry pregnant with second child?... Lindsay Lohan considering offer to pose for Playboy?... Nicole Kidman hasn't seen kids Connor and Isabella for two years... Paula Abdul considering her own talk show?... Brassiere boost for Jennifer Aniston?

Not News: Tyra Banks not engaged.

Say What?
"I definitely have some kind of mental problem and I haven't pinpointed what it is." -- Megan Fox

By Liz Kelly  | September 2, 2009; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Madonna In a League of Her Own?
Next: Help Spencer Come Up with a Better Name

Comments

From the Pratt article:

Pratt thinks his wife Heidi Montag deserves a royal title, too.

In a recent interview with The Hills: The After Show, he called her "the new, modern-day, 2010 Michael Jackson," who was famously known as the King of Pop.

"Michael Jackson's in heaven," he said. "The Holy Spirit now has extra Michael Jackson juice, so boom! For all we know, Heidi gets possessed with some of that Michael Jackson divine spirit."

[end quote]

Tell me...tell me I didn't just read that...

Posted by: KevFromArlington | September 2, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

I know forced sterilizatin is illegal -- but just this once maybe?

The scary thing about that Spencer Quote, when I saw the King name change, I immediately thougt he was planning on getting custody of MJ's kids. I ruled out he was the DNA father only because of age.

Megan Fox, your mental problem is you think you are a great actress.

Posted by: epjd | September 2, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Megan Fox - I think I can help her out: you're an idiot for starters. I also believe that narcisism is a mental disorder too.

Who won the LeeAnn Rimes/Eddie Cibrian pool?

Paula Abdul & TALK SHOW? - perhaps they could have a separate daytime emmy category for Best Incomprehensible Babbling Show?

Posted by: anonymouslurker | September 2, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I'm guessing K-Fed is getting his wish of being larger than life.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | September 2, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Oh, speaking of riding on the MJ legacy. I saw a headline yesterday about the LA fires (stay safe out there Lizards) that said something like Jacko Cat Sanctuary endangered. So, I clicked it. It's about Tippi Hedren's sanctuary. You know, celeb in her own right, mother of another celeb. But, nope, the fact that her sanctuary for big cats is threatened is only newsworthy is because she took in two of MJ's former pets.

Posted by: epjd | September 2, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

When I opened up the page with the K-Fed pix, there were 3 options: previous, next, and full size. I was disturbed to think that it could get any bigger.

Posted by: MzFitz | September 2, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Pix: K-Fed hits the pool in Miami. NSE (Not Safe EVER!)

Posted by: zn123 | September 2, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Megan:

Here's your mental problem:

Narcissitic Stupidity Disorder.

Here's the cure:

STOP TALKING.

There. That's better. You LOOK really so much prettier when you are silent.

Posted by: Amelia5 | September 2, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Wow-some serious moobage in those K-Fed pix. I love the tags: bikini, fatties, kevin federline.

Posted by: jelo97 | September 2, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

My browser won't even open the K-Fed link. How many megapixels big is he?

Wasn't one SATC movie enough? What a load of danecook that movie was. Earth to SJP, et al.: Do something for humanity and cancel production now.

Here we go; the blame game with Whitney. It was Oprah's fault, blah blah blah. No, Miss Crackiswack, it's yours. A free concert? Who's harebrained idea was that? The same people who think Madonna singing live is a good idea? They call those guys in the recording studio PRODUCERS for a reason. Look, I'm all for Whitney trying to regain some dignity and former glory and all that, but she's not ready now. Will she ever be? Or did they rush the CD out because she's broke?

Muhammad Ali is Irish? Sláinte!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 2, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

All hail, King Spencer Pratt the First, supreme monarch of delusioned faux-celebutards everywhere! (Lizards get your tomatoes ready). And presenting Her Royal Heiniousness, Queen Heidi. I nominate Jon Gosselin as Court Jester.

Posted by: hodie2 | September 2, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Change your name all you want, Spence... you'll still be "Dipsh*t" to us.

Whitney blames Oprah doesn't fly unless there's been some sort of Willie Tyler & Lester thing going on that we didn't know about.

LeAnn Rimes with "D-I-V-O-R-C-E/becomes final today/'cause she was B-A-N-G-I-N-G/that Eddie Cibriani." I smell hit single!!!

Unanswered question about that picture: Did K-Fed win the cannonball contest?

"I definitely have some kind of mental problem and I haven't pinpointed what it is." Of course you haven't, dear Megan. For one thing, you're not a qualified psychiatrist, psychologist, neurologist or or other specialist, and for another, you've got some kind of mental problem.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 2, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Nine oxy contin pills...that qualified DJ AM to host a right wing radio talk show.

Oprah to blame for Whitney's lackluster performance...she should have waited to go on Paula's show. Both the performance and the praise afterward would have been incomprehensible.

"For all we know, Heidi gets possessed with some of that Michael Jackson divine spirit."
- If so, the title he needs isn't royal, it's PharmD.

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 2, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Megan, being delusional is definitely a sign of mental illness. Go talk to Ms. Houston, she's an expert on it.

King Spencer the Pratt? What, is this some kind of publicity stunt sponsored by the British Republican movement?

K-Fed pool pix: photographic proof that somebody in this world still thinks he has money (or the ability to make/aquire same). 'Cause there ain't no other reason that hot young thing is hangin' on his arm...

Posted by: northgs | September 2, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

byoolin: Unanswered question about that picture: Did K-Fed win the cannonball contest?

Don't know but I'll bet he won the belly-flop contest.

Megan, honey, come to Lizard Island Clinic and we'll give you your diagnosis. Just a small copay. Then I will send you to Dorkus for your therapy.

Congrats Muhammed Ali! You are the Greatest! A round of Guiness for everyone at the Tiki bar.

Posted by: hodie2 | September 2, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

What a coincidence! I also blame Oprah for my mediocre performance.

Posted by: libwy | September 2, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Spencer Pratt legally changing his name to "King Spencer Pratt"...

Surely if we just ignore them they'll go away.... Won't they?

Posted by: memphis1 | September 2, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Reading the Spencer Pratt article makes me want to commit regicide.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | September 2, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Surely its "King Spencer" that has the narcissistic personality disorder. Now does one contracts this by starring in bad reality shows on cable t.v. or is it genetic predisposition (nature vs. nurture)

Posted by: kvs09 | September 2, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

And a ditty to accompany that round o' Guinness:

Mohammed O'Grady,
We know him as "Ali."
Weighing 180
and standing at six foot three.
He floated like a butterfly,
and stung just like a bee.
The best Irish boxer that ever lived
The Greatest, Mohammed Ali!

Posted by: mdreader01 | September 2, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus
Reading the Spencer Pratt article makes me want to commit regicide.

Hey, didn't we fight a War of Independence over royalty? Guess His Heiniousness (thanks, hodie!) never was taught the Declaration of Independence in school.

Brassiere boost for Jennifer Aniston?

In any event, it sure seems like she's having unrealistic body image issues (to do more with being dumped by Brad, or having recently turned 40?), what with those 2-hour workouts starting at 3 AM. That's so not mentally healthy! Anyone else notice that in the "after" photo Jen looks like she's starting to develop "Madonna-arms." Ick.Nast.

Liz
...the case for disallowing people named 'McCord' to dress themselves.

Hmmm, I don't recall Kent McCord dressing outrageously.

mdreader

Comment of the Week nom for mdreader!

In other news...

Proving that there may still be some normal celebs in the world!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 2, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

"The Holy Spirit now has extra Michael Jackson juice"

Ick. Nast.

Need kitteh brain bleach stat! Ah.... That's better.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | September 2, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

DCQb, I wondered if anyone else had the same reaction.

Megan Fox is more self-aware than I thought, which isn't saying much.

Posted by: reddragon1 | September 2, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Megan Fox feels the need to publicly proclaim that she has mental problems so she can be more like her idol, Angelina Jolie.

Leann Rimes' divorce really should be under "not news" ... along with her soon-to-be-ex's public proclamation "Yep, I'm gay!"

Posted by: Californian11 | September 2, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Yet again, I would advise Megan Fox that it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Come to think of it, that would apply equally to Spencer Pratt, who, as pointed out several times on the other post, is already so aptly named PRAT!

The K Fed pix....first thought was it's a science experiment on the feasibility of keeping whales in captivity.

OxyContin being a powerful pain medication, I'd say we were right in guessing he got addicted to it during his burn treatments after the plane crash. Posted late yesterday that he had serious PTSD issues too, and a lot of survivor's guilt, especially as he had nearly committed suicide in his 20s. He was about to start seeing a counselor. Too bad, that many pills at once seems like suicide to me.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 2, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 2, 2009 2:27 PM

Sorcerer's Cat, they already do keep belugas (they're the pretty snow-white ones) in captivity quite successfully.

Posted by: northgs | September 2, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

And orcas, but K-Fed's no orca.

Posted by: northgs | September 2, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I was thinking more along the lines of a humpback. Or a gray.

I have personally given a 45 foot 40 ton gray whale a belly rub, so I've been up close and personal with large waterborne mammals. I'll take the real thing over KFed anytime.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 2, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for that mental picture -- now I am having visions of someone giving the large K-Fed a belly rub. Ick. Nast.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 2, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

LOL, sorry td!!!! Here, look at these instead (most of them are babies, but a couple are the big mamas) to get a better mental picture:

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 2, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, sorcerers_cat. Much better.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 2, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Oh my. Cate Blanchett was struck in the head during a performance of A Street Car Named Desire last night. She was bleeding so badly, the performance was cancelled.

Here is hoping she is okay.

Posted by: epjd | September 2, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

*****
those pills were not digested. and supposedly a valentine's card from the gf from whom he recently split. looking more like a suicide. so he dies and limbaugh lives. go figure.

Posted by: frieda406 | September 2, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

frieda-
so he dies and limbaugh lives. go figure.

It's just a simple matter of weight ratios...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | September 2, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to nominate the following from TD for comment of the week:

"My browser won't even open the K-Fed link. How many megapixels big is he?"

Well done, TD!

Posted by: clw96 | September 2, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

"K-Fed Hits the Pool in Miami..." Damn, that pool didn't stand a fighting chance.

Posted by: clw96 | September 2, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

"AP source: DJ AM autopsy finds pills in stomach"

Maybe he was just holding them for a friend?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 2, 2009 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: clw96

Nice.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | September 2, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

SJP should be sent to the glue factory.

Posted by: angelos_peter | September 4, 2009 11:08 PM | Report abuse