Posted at 2:25 PM ET, 09/11/2009

Weekend Update: Live Tweeting the Toronto Film Festival

By Liz Kelly

All weekend, washingtonpost.com Movies editor Jen Chaney will be live tweeting the latest news live from the Toronto International Film Festival -- including tidbits from interviews with festival-featured actors Viggo Mortensen ("The Road"), Jeff Bridges ("The Men Who Stare at Goats") and screenwriter Diablo Cody ("Jennifer's Body").

Bookmark this post to keep up.

By Liz Kelly  | September 11, 2009; 2:25 PM ET
Categories:  Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Creative Captioning: Iman Dances Stands with Wolves
Next: Kanye West Ruins Taylor Swift's VMA Moment; Tina Fey Wins Emmy for Palin Impression

Comments

Jen, are you at the Intercontinental Yorkville or the one down by the lakefront?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 11, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Jen, when can we read your interview with the stars of The Road?

Posted by: 4_change | September 12, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for your blog.

I am also in Toronto at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).

The website is well worth visiting:

The weather is pleasant (about 80 degrees was the high today) and the central part of Toronto is humming with film industry people and film fans. Not much rain as we is not affected much by tropical storms in the mid-Atlantic area.

I am a film fan, with tickets to Michael Moore's "Capitalism" tomorrow, as well as "Glorious 39" on Monday about the summer of 1939 in the UK before the outbreak of WWII and the Johnny Depp film "Dr. Parnassus" on Friday.

In addition, there are some very interesting international films, including Romanian films, that will never see wide distribution in Canada and the USA, but nevertheless are thought provoking and/or amusing.

For those who want a break from the heat of the Washington area (I know; a good friend used to live in Delaware), TIFF may be a nice break. People are eating on outdoor terraces and the Toronto Islands that form Toronto Harbour give a beautiful view of the City.

Posted by: Beprudent | September 13, 2009 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Beprudent, Wish I were there (sigh)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 13, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Hi NP:

Thanks for your note.

I am just leaving to see Michael Moore's film, "Capitalism", and tomorrow, I see "Glorious 39". Others depend on my schedule.

The weather is 24-25 Celsius (80 F) and sunny and dry. Also, with our northern latitude, dusk comes later in summer so people are on restaurant patios having Arctic Char or salmon with dessert of gelati *or* fresh sliced peaches and blueberries with whipped cream (my dessert today as I can have gelati anytime).

But as they say, to everything there is a season, as I have been to Washington and Delaware in springtime and your region is wonderful there at that time of year. Also, the Delaware shore and Cape May are really wonderful to visit, especially in the heat of summer.

Cordially,