Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 10/ 1/2009

Dennis Hopper Hospitalized; Timberlake and Biel -- On or Off?

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Dennis Hopper hospitalized with flu-like symptoms... French spokesman changes tone on Roman Polanski case, calling charges "serious"... Polanski getting by on $5 a day, cable TV in prison... Nude photo of a young Brooke Shields withdrawn from London exhibit... Spencer Pratt withholding sex for fear of impregnating Heidi Montag... Mariah Carey now cool with pix from the left side... Shakira to guest-star on "Ugly Betty"... Lauren Conrad makes movie deal for debut novel... Matt LeBlanc lands new TV series... Will Ferrell and wife expecting third son... Realities collide as "Real Housewives" and "Kate Plus Eight" show up at same event... Walkie-talkie conversation reveals tightly scripted Khloe Kardashian wedding.

Crime Watch: John Travolta testifies, says he was told to pay up or be blamed for son's death | Bizarre courtroom sketch... Audrina Patridge granted restraining order against alleged stalker... "Hills" co-star Jason Wahler jailed on assault and drinking charge.

Pix: Madonna eats pizza (extreme close up, see full clip below)... Michael Cera, master photo bomber?... Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet.

Video: Madonna on Letterman...

More: Chris Rock makes slavery joke, Oprah and audience titter... "Sesame Street" spoofs "Mad Men."

Rumor Mill: Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel split? Maybe not... Michael Jackson's daughter blames "working too hard" for dad's death, claims aunt LaToya... A hungry Kanye West pitches a fit backstage at Common charity concert... Robert Downey Jr. to star in "Harvey" remake?... "Mad Men's" Bryan Batt set to marry longtime partner?... Emma Watson harassed by Harvard students?... Suri Cruise has $3 million wardrobe.

Say What?
"You've got me in a dork moment." -- Jon Hamm when spotted buying two copies of "Mad Men" on DVD at a Boston book store.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live -- we'll talk Lizzies results and the latest episode of "Twits." Then, stick around for detention: The "Lost" Hour at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | October 1, 2009; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Stylists for Male Celebs?
Next: VIDEO -- Twits: Rev. Run, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian

Comments

Polanski: Who would have thought that Kirstie Alley would be the voice of reason? She is the ONLY high-profile Hollywood persona to forcefully condemn Polanski.

I think most actors are afraid that the big-name directors and producers have signed that stupid petition for Polanski's release.

I saw a cnn clip where they were asking actors for their thoughts on the event - and Phoebe (what's her name - Lisa Kudrow?) looked VERY uncomfortable and kept muttering "well, it was a 13-year-old girl."

Why are there no high-profile Hollywood groups signed a petition demanding that he be brought to justice for anally and vaginally raping a 13-year-old? Where's Susan Sarandin? I thought she never let a major cause get past w/o her strident commentary? Meryl Streep? Jane Fonda? Where ARE they?

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 1, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

"Spencer Pratt withholding sex for fear of impregnating Heidi Montag."

This is an embarrassment of riches:

1. Apparently Heincer missed their high school health classes when birth control was covered.

2. Even oral, Spence? EVEN ORAL?

3. Plus side: reduced chance of little Heincers running around any time soon.

4. Sounds like a convenient cover story to account for Spencer being a all-around 24/7 wanker.

5. Win-win: neither has to engage in post-coital pillow talk with the other.

6. Lose-lose: Heidi now getting it on with Skid Row bums in an attempt to enjoy any human contact; Spencer unable to wear briefs, having rubbed himself raw.

7. That sound we keep hearing is Heidi's sigh of relief.

8. Win-win: Both of them now have more time to devote to her music career.

9. Sweet Jesus on a pogo stick.

10. Spencer, Divine Brown. Divine Brown, Spencer.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 1, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

NOW can we say the family is exploiting MJ's kids? Did we really need that quote from his daughter, via Auntie Latoya?

The French are just now figuring out the charges are serious? They have only been out there since 1978. No wonder they keep getting invaded and we have to save their butts.

I thought Kanye was in rehab. I know you are hungry Kanye, but don't eat at Tori's house or have whatever Dennis Hopper had.

Prat is not withholding sex for fear of impregnanting Heidi. He is just not into girls.

Posted by: epjd | October 1, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

(The correct answer, for those of you scoring at home, is #9. Sweet Jesus on a pogo stick.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 1, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Polanski getting by on $5 a day, cable TV in prison...
-He's in prison why does he need money?

Pop quiz hotshot, you've got aches, a fever, and chills. What do you do? What do you do?

-Not that aunt Latoya would ever know about working too hard.

Liz, I'm glad you liked the January Jones tweet I sent you. (I feel special now)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 1, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

I have to say Madonna held her own in that little bit with Dave... She's kinda funny.

Agree on the Polansky thing - why the hell are these folks not coming out and shunning him. Seriously. If they were self absorbed enought to just be worried about their careers (as if that is justification!) didn't he do that heinous Tom Cruise movie?

Posted by: LTL1 | October 1, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

PS had I been the judge in that case, I wouldn't have accepted that pathetic plea bargain that the prosecutor 'negotiated' and would have thrown his a** in jail too.

Posted by: LTL1 | October 1, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Dennis Hopper hospitalized: whatever you do, don't let him get near the ether.

"Polanski getting by on $5 a day, cable TV in prison..." $5 a day? Luxury!

"Spencer Pratt withholding sex for fear of impregnating Heidi Montag."
Have I mentioned Sweet Jesus on a pogo stick?

"Realities collide as "Real Housewives" and "Kate Plus Eight" show up at same event." That has to be the least literally accurate use of the word "realities" that has ever happened.

I was really hoping that "Bizarre courtroom sketch" link was to video of the late, great John Byner's show. No such luck.

Heincer, Lauren, Audrina & Jason Wahler: geez - the news is alive with The Hills, ain't it?

That picture of Madonna eating pizza is the kind of gruesome closeup you might expect in her "Sex" book, but not in a family internet.

Justin and Jessica can't deny the split now - Dorkus called "dibs" yesterday.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 1, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

While I want to believe that Spencer Pratt is being altruistic by preventing his spawn from entering the world (sweet Jesus on a pogo stick indeed), I have the sneaking suspicion that this is just a scheme to keep generating publicity.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 1, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Both byoo and dorkus are hitting on all cylinders this AM. Save it guys, the chat is this afternoon. It'll be so hard to top what you've already said.

I made the mistake of actually following the Kate link. Someone call Family Services.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 1, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Expelliarmus, you Harvard oafs! Leave Hermy alone.

Matt LeBlanc has a new show? Whatever. Better him than Schwimmer.

Will Ferrell's son -- they're hoping for a comedian this time. Would be nice to have one in the family.

Madonna looks good (Tip: Always cover your arms). I didn't need to know about the joint, but seeing them walk to the pizza place was great.

That courtroom sketch of Travolta is weird. He looks like a little person, and it takes a lot to make him look anything like one, if you get my drift.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 1, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I would like to say that I am also afraid of Spencer impregnating Heidi.

Posted by: paujwill | October 1, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Spencer Pratt withholding sex for fear of impregnating Heidi Montag."

This is an embarrassment of riches:

2. Even oral, Spence? EVEN ORAL?

3. Plus side: reduced chance of little
5Posted by: byoolin1 | October 1, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

LOL! No birth control classes in my high school. Health - Hygiene class in 8th grade covered the changes of puberty and the necessity of daily grooming only. If Spencer Pratt isn't getting some kind of sex from Heidi, he is gay ,gay, gay.

Posted by: jezebel3 | October 1, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

td, thanks. I meant to give the LeBlanc a wgaf as well.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 1, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

That Kate Gosselin story is something. Talk about deluded; my Gosselin Sympathy Meter is starting to point toward the middle again in Jon's direction.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 1, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Have to agree with Jez's eloquent assessment of the Heincer situation. Or it is God intervening preventing the spawning of the Antichrist.

Unfortunate but timely sketch of Travolta morphing into a swine.

A big "how YOU doin'?" to Matt LeBlanc.

Gotta love Jon Hamm for his comment.

Can't see the Madonna pic. Does it involve pepperoni stuck between the gap in her teeth?

Posted by: hodie | October 1, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

hodie, fyi i LOVE women with the tooth gap thing (in moderation). That is, most of the time. Doesn't aoply to Madge, to whom my reaction has always been ew.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 1, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I officially have something in common with Madonna. We are both in desperate need of a manicure.

Posted by: kbockl | October 1, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

I don't watch "Mad Men" so I had no opinion of Jon Hamm until I read that quote. Now I lurve him!

Posted by: jaybbub | October 1, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Kanye West... at least he's got chicken.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | October 1, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

madonna always holds her own w/letterman. love her or hate her, there is some sort of chemistry between the two of them. he has the same sort of love/hate relationship w/cher. always fun to watch the interviews.

Posted by: frieda406 | October 1, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Madonna seemed almost likeable in that clip! Though I don't believe she's never had NYC pizza either.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | October 1, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

oh, John Hamm - I'll take you in a dork moment anytime. mmmmm....

Posted by: anonymouslurker | October 1, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

It's too bad stupidity isn't painful. While I definitely agree that the Speidi genes should NOT be passed on, I find myself wondering if the dippy male half of that train wreck has ever heard of, you know, a CONDOM? Most of Hollywood hasn't, so I could understand if the answer was "no".

But yeah, I think it's just a publicity stunt.

Madonna? Eats? No way.

Celeb tell-all I might actually read: Suri Cruise.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 1, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

"[Mariah] Carey . . . nabbed the role [of a dowdy social worker in the drama Precious] after Oscar winner Helen Mirren dropped out."

Just mull over that line over for a while. Seriously. Go on. I'll wait.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 1, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

td, I've heard that Mariah actually turns in a good performance. Who knew?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 1, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Per Jon Hamm: I don't care how dorky you are, honey. You go ahead and be as dorky as you wanna be.,,

Per Emma Watson: Can you imagine the outrage coming out of Harvard if Brown had done something like that to Natalie Portman while she was there? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | October 1, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Holy crackers on the MJ autopsy news!!!

Posted by: Californian11 | October 1, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse