Posted at 8:37 AM ET, 10/30/2009

'Fan' threatens to kill cat unless Miley Cyrus returns to Twitter

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: "Fan" threatens to kill cat unless Miley Cyrus returns to Twitter... Jon Gosselin apologizes for "mantrums," causing Hailey Glassman any pain; Gosselin consulting rabbi for spiritual advice...Michael Jackson's "This Is It" earns $20M in first day of release... Madonna promises electricity for Malawian village... Lady Gaga to get fashion award... Chelsea Handler poses for Playboy... Sandra Bullock is aware that she's annoying... Jessica Simpson on the lookout for an intellectual man... "Slumdog" kids could lose their trust funds... Jenna Elfman expecting baby boy... Dennis Hopper diagnosed with prostate cancer... Nicolas Cage's father, August Coppola, dead at 75.

Crime Watch: Another alleged stalker arrested near Georgia set of Miley Cyrus movie... Anna Nicole Smith kept drugged by boyfriend and psychiatrist, says former nanny... Man who caused John Travolta extortion mistrial won't be charged... Paris Hilton says she "hates" teens who burglarized her home... Amanda Peet's assistant surprises burglar in her New York apartment.

Pix: Angelina Jolie models at 16... Heidi and Spencer Pratt dress as Jon and Kate for Halloween... The story behind Taylor Swift's swastika pal pic... Robert Pattinson briefs.

Video: Britney Spears releases clips from new video.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson like totally broken up this time... Is Twitter deleting tweets deemed unflattering to celebs?... John Mayer busted trying to smuggle knife on plane?... Did Arnold Schwarzenegger purposely lace a letter with hidden expletive?... Evi Quaid reportedly vandalizes Texas town hall... Chris Brown romancing reality TV star?... Joe Jackson tried to score comped hotel rooms for New York "This Is It" premiere.

Not News: Mary-Kate Olsen not engaged, says rep.

Say What?
"In many ways, he's sent from God because the world's a mess." -- Sting on President Barack Obama

By Liz Kelly  | October 30, 2009; 8:37 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caption This: When Carey met Holly
Next: Celebrity-inspired Halloween horror

Comments

I've had this problem all week - please someone fix it. Every time I click on Celebritology through the drop-down of "Latest Posts," or even through the list of columns/blogs, I only get old data. The headline will appear in the drop-down, but when I click on it, the posts will be days old. I finally found the link on the bottom that would show me new data, but it's really frustrating.

Posted by: Carrie1102 | October 30, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

First one of the parents tries to sell one of the Slum Dog kids (she was worth more because she was in a movie), now the parents don't care if they go to school or not. Someone appoint a guardian that actually cares about these kids.

Heincer go as Jon and Kate. Because not wanting kids make a litter family seem like a good Halloween choice.

Gotta agree with the chatter from yesterday about the word "mantrum." It is tantrum and can be thrown by an immature person of any gender.

Can't figure out if Mr. and Mrs. Randy Quaid are just desperate for attention or have really gone into bat guano crazy territory.

Happy Halloween fellow Lizards.

Posted by: epjd | October 30, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Unfortunately, Jess, most intellectual guys like for it to go both ways. At least in the longer-than-one-night term.

The Heincer/Jon & Kate pic is actually pretty funny. Not to mention ironic, in light of their stated positions on having kids.

Miley Cyrus has a second stalker - perhaps it's time to rein in the publicity machine a little bit, Billy Ray?

Anna Nicole Smith - what a sad, messed-up life.

Amanda Peet's assistant was very lucky.

Posted by: northgs | October 30, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Lady Gaga to get fashion award...In what Bizarro universe did I wake up in?

I'm beginning to think there may be a connection between the Marfa Lights and the Quaids.

Madonna promises electricity for Malawian village...After yesterday's comparison of Madonna to god, I can't help but wonder if Madge will say "Let there be light."

Sandra Bullock is aware that she's annoying... Whew I was afraid one of us was going to have to tell her.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 30, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Carrie, try clearing your cache - that might help.

In Firefox, click Tools, then Options, then select the Privacy tab, then click "remove individual cookies", then click the "Remove All Cookies" button.

In Safari, click Edit, then Empty Cache.

In Chrome, click on the little wrench, then click on Clear Browsing Data, then make sure the Delete Cookies box is checked, then click Clear Browsing Data.

In Internet Explorer, go to www.mozilla.com and download and install Firefox.

(No, wait, I kid: click Tools, then Internet Options, then Delete.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 30, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

From the Speidi picture, some true words of insight:

"Look at Angelina Jolie. She can make out with her brother, have blood around her neck, talk graphic sex with her old boyfriend on the red carpet, steal America's Sweethearts's husband and get him to have babies with her. Then she turns around and is the face of UNICEF and a UN ambassador -- and Speidi is the bad couple? Come on! I didn't break up a marriage -- how are we the villains in Hollywood. Give me a break."

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 30, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

All we need is to find another fan who will threatens to kill a cat if Miley does return to Twitter and the girl's head will explode from the paradox.

"This Is It" is going to make so much money that MJ is going to be glad he's dead just for the tax savings alone.

"Lady Gaga to get fashion award." One can only hope that it's presented to her by Bjork.

Playboy's Unabashed Dictionary defines "Chelsea Handler" as what you get for $10 at the corner of 10th Ave & W. 29th St.

I hope Jessica Simpson gets her intellectual man - you can just tell she's been aching to talk to someone about how A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu seems somehow unfinished to her.

Sting's description of how the electoral system works is surprisingly close to that of the average American voter's.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 30, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

"Chelsea Handler poses for Playboy"
For that, I should get the vodka, not her.

"Lady Gaga to get fashion award."
And Octomom and John Gosselin will share the parenting award.

"Sandra Bullock is aware that she's annoying."
Someone should have warned the twelve people that bought tickets to "All About Steve".

"Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson like totally broken up this time."
Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Really, honestly, truly this time. Wolf! Wolf!

""Fan" threatens to kill cat unless Miley Cyrus returns to Twitter."
Miley, if you don't buy this issue of National Lampoon, I'll shoot this dog.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 30, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

"Madonna promises electricity for Malawian village." Child tells her, "You are our Edison." --byoolin1

Just beautiful!

"Jessica Simpson on the lookout for an intellectual man" -- And clearly they hang out at Sea World. ("Is anyone here a marine biologist?")

"John Mayer busted trying to smuggle knife on plane?" -- He should've tried smuggling something smaller and less conspicuous, like his talent. Or just brought his full ego along and no one would've noticed the knife.

"Angelina Jolie models at 16" -- the page loads but the photo itself won't. Someone tell me, is this a preview of Vivienne circa 2025?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 30, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Hey Jessica, I know a couple of guys who have read the entire Harry Potter series.

Lilo and SamRo breaking up for real this time. Psych! Really how many times do they expect we'll fall for this? Suggest filing it under "not news".

Agree pretty funny and definitely ironic that Heincer has dressed as the Gosselins for Halloween. Actually I'm not sure which couple annoys me more.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for giving Lady Gaga a fashion award. It is Halloween is it not?

Posted by: hodie2 | October 30, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Is there any way to find out where that nutbag lives to we can report her to the local ASPCA/PETA/whomever? I'm not finding that threat funny at all.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I have never liked Angelina, but I was watching the movie "The Women" last night and the mistress makes a good point when the wife accuses her of stealing her husband. The mistress says something to the effect of no woman can ever "steal" a man; in her experience they go willingly.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

"Gosselin consulting rabbi for spiritual advice" -- And of the many thousands of rabbis out there in this world, who is JonGoAway seeking counseling from? Why it's none other than Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, star of TLC's (go figure!) "Shalom in the Home." After all, Shmuley was such a help to Michael Jackson and others.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 30, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Californian, agree with you on the Miley/cat story. What sort of idiot prefers a tweet from Miley than the companionship of a kitty. Heck, I'd rather clean the litterbox. All kidding aside, one shouldn't take animal cruelity too lightly.

Also, I recently watched The Women as well. Movie was ok but I do have a new favorite song from the movie. Love the Annie Lennox tune they used for the fashion show, "Money Can't Buy It".

Posted by: hodie2 | October 30, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Liz, how could you miss the Story of the Day:

Kathie Lee Gifford no longer shakes hands. She bumps butts.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 30, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

sas, I can honestly say that Kathy Lee Gifford's butt is one I never wanted to bump. If bumping Sandra Bullock's butt would make her less annoying, however, I would be happy to oblige.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 30, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Oooo, thank you for reminding me to download that from iTunes, hodie! :-) I loved that song too.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Also, I didn't know Sting was on the Nobel committee. You learn something new every day.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 30, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

That's at least the second time in the last couple of months that the Prat has referenced Angelina and/or Brad...as if he can mention them enough times that people will think he and his vapid wife belong in the same celebrity sphere. In his dreams, maybe. A-listers vs. Z-listers. Pathetic.

The Women is on my netflix queue. Is it worth seeing or is it too painful to watch actresses who have clearly had plastic surgery make remarks about women who have plastic surgery?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 30, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Heh heh, yes, that was priceless, cat.

I thought it was a fun 2 hours of bubble-gum escapism. Painfully over-acted (what was it about Annette Bening's performance that bugged me, I don't know) and I could not figure out what they did to Candice Bergen's face at the end (has she had a lot of work done in real life?), but the camera never did any close-ups of Meg Ryan and she did wear her hair over her face much of the time.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse