Posted at 12:05 PM ET, 10/23/2009

Gallery: The changing face of Lindsay Lohan

By Liz Kelly

I'm hardly the only one to remark that Lindsay Lohan is looking a bit older than her 23 years of late. Some speculate that Lilo is the victim of an overzealous collagen injector, while her own dad suspects a little too much partying. Whatever the case, it's not the first time Lohan's looks have raised red flags.

Earlier this week, Lilo made the unfortunate mistake of sharing a red carpet with the ossified Donatella Versace and the similarities between the two were, well, striking.

Today, we track Lindsay Lohan's changing look -- from her debut as a kid star to her bottle blond, fake bake current incarnation. Click here or on the image below to launch the gallery:

Donatella Versace (left) and Lindsay Lohan. (AP)

By Liz Kelly  | October 23, 2009; 12:05 PM ET
Categories:  Lindsay Lohan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ashlee Simpson-Wentz dumped from 'Melrose Place'; Dennis Quaid takes a cab
Next: Paul Haggis renounces Scientology; Jacko speaks to sis LaToya from beyond the grave

Comments

Oh, NO! We have to look at the strange thing that formerly may have been Donatella Versace AGAIN whenever we load Celebritology!

Posted by: Californian11 | October 23, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

The latest NatGeo has a spread on animal mummies that look more alive than La Versace. We all know Lilo is somewhere on the continuum between nutjob and person with issues. The latest spouting of Michael Lohan might give us a clue on the origin of the nutjobbery. Maybe between what he said and Donatella Lilo will pay attention. But I wouldn't put money on it.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 23, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

The last time these photos were posted, I made the mistake of clicking on the link to Jocelyn Wildenstein. I must have been crazy, since I already knew that she's a trainwreck. Then my computer froze, and I couldn't get the face off my screen. I'm still a little shaky.

Posted by: mat00 | October 23, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

That's a really sad photo gallery. She was such a lovely young woman, and now she looks like a hard, used, overprocessed young-ish woman. And that "-ish" is only because of the damage wrought by drugs and whatever mental illness(es) she's self-medicating for. She has some talent, but it's not going to flourish under these conditions. She needs some serious time out of the limelight, some of it preferably in an inpatient setting, to regroup and get herself grounded. Unfortunately, that will probably take court intervention and the involvement of adults who are not her parents, since they seem to have checked out about 15 years ago.

Posted by: northgs | October 23, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

mat00, I keep confusing Donatella and the Bride of Wildenstein too.

As for LiLo, if she wouldn't keep dying her hair, she wouldn't look so desperate and/or washed out. (What is it with redheads going bleached blonde badly? Her, Nicole Kidman, Bette Midler. Stop it!)

It's gotten to the point that I can't watch "The Parent Trap" (my kids love that movie) without thinking about how bad and aimless Lindsay looks now.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 23, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

LiLo's decline has always made me sad because I think that she was an excellent actress when she was focused and sober. She was great in Mean Girls, Freaky Friday and her small role in Bobby.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | October 23, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

that elle cover looks totally photoshopped.

Posted by: dablues1 | October 23, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Sad thing is, LiLo did go through inpatient rehab some time ago, and apparently it didn't stick or didn't help. If the reports are to be believed, she was too busy hooking up with whatever man would take her while in rehab, and being a nuisance/distraction to the other clients because of her obsession with being the center of attention.

As northgs pointed out, she is self-medicating for a lot of issues, and those have to be dealt with, not just the substance abuse.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 23, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

/sigh
It's sad to see how beautiful and healthy she used to look back before all the hard partying and spray tans and bleach. I hope she's able to clean herself up and get her act back together.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | October 23, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Didn't she host SNL a few years ago, and in the opening monologue they had "the ghost of Lindsay-future" come out and try to talk some sense into her about her partying ways. And she Lindsay says something like "What are you, me when I'm 50?" and the cast member playing her says "No, I'm you in five years!"

... Sort of creepy how true it turned out to be.

Posted by: anoel | October 23, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I remember meeting her at a film party in Seattle once, back right before she went too thin. It's a shame what's happened to her, really, at the time I recall she was nice.

Posted by: WillSeattle | October 23, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Oh, oh my. What HAPPENED to that Donnatella person? She's look rather Halloween. Really - does anyone know what happened to her?? Or is this a fake picture? I cannot believe someone walks around looking that bad. Wow. "Matt00" you made me laugh!

Posted by: MILWI | October 23, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Donatella make ANY woman look beautiful!

Posted by: cmecyclist | October 24, 2009 5:27 AM | Report abuse

My only reference for Donatella Versace is Maya Rudolph's impression - "get ouwt!"

Posted by: kvs09 | October 24, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

As to that last picture, it seems like it wouldn't help your case in court if you go in there looking like the tail end of a bender.

Posted by: marybindc | October 26, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

why hasn't this site updated today?

Posted by: dbitt | October 26, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse