Posted at 7:41 AM ET, 10/13/2009

Heidi Klum Gives Birth to Daughter; Al Pacino Was a Male Prostitute?

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Headlines: Heidi Klum gives birth to baby girl Lou Sulola Samuel... Jon and Kate Gosselin due in court to settle some financial issues; Michael Lohan urges Jon to join Celebrity Boxing Federation... OMG! Now Courtney Love has quit Twitter... Orlando Bloom named UNICEF goodwill ambassador... Matthew Perry returning to TV in new comedy... Mike Tyson opens up to Oprah about biting Evander Holyfield, "socking" ex-wife Robin Givens... California governer Arnold Schwarzenegger signs tougher anti-paparazzi law... Gerard Butler blasts paparazzi for making life on "The Bounty" set difficult... Robert Pattinson says he can't find a date... "SNL's" Bill Hader and wife welcome daughter... Tilda Swinton opposes plans for proposed Donald Trump golf resort in Scotland... Ex suing former Madonna trainer Tracy Anderson for $1 million... Crime Watch: Anna Nicole Smith's doctors, lawyer due in court.

Pix: Turns out the Mel Gibson beaver puppet fixation is for a movie... Hey Penelope Cruz, is that an engagement ring?... Nick Cannon's "DJ Sexy Fingers" birthday cake. Ick.

Video: Jon Hamm talks to David Letterman about his pre-fame past as a set dresser for late-night "adult" movies...

Rumor Mill: Kanye West hiding out in India?... Paul Anka claims new Michael Jackson single is a rip-off (UPDATE: Anka gets credit).

Say What?
"At 20, I lived in Sicily by selling the only asset I had - my body. An older woman traded food and housing in return for sex. I woke mornings not really loving myself." -- TMI courtesy Al Pacino

By Liz Kelly  | October 13, 2009; 7:41 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who Is Lola? Who Cares?
Next: Twitter -- Nothing But Trouble for Celebs?

Comments

Liz,

Thanks for the pic of Penelope Cruz. Almost makes up for yesterday's snark on Jennifer Lolapez. Ya gotta do something to keep your ass-ets in the public eye.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 13, 2009 8:09 AM | Report abuse

Al Pacino meet Jesus Luz.

Posted by: MStreet1 | October 13, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

I support MiLo's exhortation to JonGo to take up boxing. But I think he'd make more against a real heavyweight like Klischko. (Plus, it would be interesting to see someone punch his head right off its neck.)

You can take Courtney Love out of Twitter, but you can't take the twit out of Courtney.

"Orlando Bloom named UNICEF goodwill ambassador..." Who knew UNICEF and Goodwill even had diplomatic relations?

Hola, Mike Tyson. JonGo would like to talk to you...

"Robert Pattinson says he can't find a date..." Well, THAT bites.

"Tilda Swinton opposes plans for proposed Donald Trump golf resort in Scotland." Or Donald Trump in Scotland, for that matter.

So Al Pacino meant something else in Scent of a Woman when he exclaimed "Hoo-ah!"

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 13, 2009 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Liz, I think your Twits series has scared off the celebs... You are too good...

Posted by: Osteph | October 13, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Liz can you please make that stupid J-lola thing stop. I thought if I could avoid celebritology yesterday I could get past it, but even this morning reading todays post I have to listen to that crap or scroll down to 'pause' it. For the love of mittens - make it go away...

Posted by: LTL1 | October 13, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Must EVERY celebrity have a weirdo sex story? Al Pacino? Mackenzie Phillips? Lourdes Ciccone (not yet released - how my mother's boytoy kept eyeing me - since he's DECADES closer in age to Madonna's teenage daughter than he is to Madonna).

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 13, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

It's gone LTL -- sorry about that.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 13, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Thank you!!! I swear it wasn't just about not broadcasting that I am not working, it was also just plain old bad noise- er music....

Posted by: LTL1 | October 13, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Liz, thanks for silencing Lola. Autoplay is evil. (Now why is the Catholic Church and "Mel Gibson beaver puppet fixation" stuck in my head?)

Al Pacino, that wasn't prostitution. You just found yourself a sugar momma. Nobody (except any kids who might get cut out of a will) raises eyebrows, or cares how the women *really* feel about it, when younger women make this trade with older men. Just ask Anna Nicole Smith. Or any Girl Next Door.

Posted by: northgs | October 13, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

OMG! Now Courtney Love has quit Twitter...
-But we now have Pee Wee Herman to follow.

Robert Pattinson says he can't find a date...
-He might be able to find a date if he didn't spend all his free time making out with Kristin Stewart.

Beaver Puppet Fixation would be a great name for a band.

Paul Anka you obviously need a better rep. Solving your dispute amicably? You could've gotten so much more press out of all this. Amateur.

Really? Really Al? You had a woman feeding you and housing you in Sicily and all she wanted was to sleep with you? For some of us that's all we want out of life. Maybe Hollywood is out of touch with the rest of America.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 13, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

And here I was, all ready with a "Scent of a Woman" reference. Curse you, byoolin. I guess instead I'll have to settle for wondering if Pacino's ladyfriend ever referred to him as "Big Boy" Caprice [wink].

The birth of another Klum-Samuel kid means only one thing: Heidi'll be back to wearing clothes that are too short, too tight and too shiny in no time! Happy day!

Buenos dias, Penelope. ¿Qué tal?

Matthew Perry, whatever. Better him than Schwimmer.

Mike Tyson's "opening himself up to Oprah" just goes to show that there's always that woman sleep at night? (Well, besides on 4,000-thread-count sheets, I mean.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 13, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Wait wait wait wait WAIT. "JonGo"?! When did we start calling him THAT? Did this happen yesterday while I was enjoying a day off? It sounds like Alex Karras' character's name in "Blazing Saddles" or something. Please, don't give this man a NICKNAME. It legitimizes him too much as a celebrity. Help me out here.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 13, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Let me try that Tyson thing again:

Mike Tyson's "opening himself up to Oprah" just goes to show that there's always someone for Oprah to exploit. How does that woman sleep at night? (Well, besides on 4,000-thread-count sheets, I mean.)

There; better.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 13, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Complaining about not being able to get a date is kinda proof that your "romance" is faked for movie publicity, Robert.

I don't really see Jon as a boxer. He's too much of a sissy. First punch, he will cry harder than Kate in front of a camera.

Boo on the name Heidi.

Orlando Bloom can spread goodwill to me anytime.

Posted by: epjd | October 13, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Clearly, I can't shut up this morning....

Oh thank God. It's another Paul Anka song in dispute. For a minute I thought Michael Jackson was sampling "Having My Baby." Whew!

Just caught up on yesterday's JLo / Lola post. Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Catherine O'Hara as Lola Hetherton, and hope against hope that JLo utters LH's signature line, "I wannna bear all your children!" (A guy can dream.)

In other news, after hearing about Lola, Heidi Klum has now changed her daughter's name to Lou Sulola-but-not-that-lola Samuel. (But "Lou"?! Really?! Do they already have nieces named "Ted" and "Murray"?)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 13, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Just as I was forgetting JLo's video escapades yesterday...."Heidi Klum gives birth to baby girl Lou SuLOLA Samuel..."
- Lou Sulola, she'll be a showgirl.

Michael Lohan urges Jon to join Celebrity Boxing Federation...
- I would prefer boxing that involves cardboard, packing tape and a one-way address.

"SNL's" Bill Hader and wife welcome daughter...
- Let's flash forward 16 years to when Hannah Kathryn's first date comes over. Bill is sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee... "I'd like to take a few minutes to go over these chatroom transcripts..."

"Turns out the Mel Gibson beaver puppet fixation is for a movie."
- I knew that fling with Oxana wouldn't last, but as I said before, that's a horrible thing to call her.

"Robert Pattinson says he can't find a date..."
- Which is why he's signing on to a late night talk show deal, right?

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 13, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Now appearing at the Lizard Island Ampitheater: Beaver Puppet Fixation and Autoplay.

'ears to Mike Tyson!

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 13, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

PS Tilda Swinton announces the opening of the Rose O'Donnell Golf Course in Scotland.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 13, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Can we PLEASE have a Lohan/Jon Gosselin intervention, please?! Think of the children! I think Jon is having a slight case of arrested development (I mean, geez, he had those 8 kids by the time he was 24 or something), but Michael Lohan?!?

Oh and I was flipping thru the channels last night and ran across J&K+8 and stopped for a second (yes, I am ashamed), it was all the kids first day of school and Kate mentioned how they were able to trick the papparazzi or something and so she was happy. Apparently the irony of me watching her say this surrounded by the sextuplets while laying on my couch was lost on her! Oh and she was happy to have some time for her to do her "work" while they were gone - still haven't figured out what that is exactly, other than exploiting the kids.

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 13, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

td, I agree no cool short names for him unless we amend it to JonGo-Away.

" There's just not enough Goo Gone in the world to ungunk that mental image residue from my brain." - from article about Nick SexyFingers Cannon's birthday cake.

Need to introduce the writer to Lizard Island Brain Bleach. Works much better and also kills whatever creepy crawlies that may have come along with those fingers.

Speaking of hands in beavers, (pass the bleach back please), do you think if this movie bombs, Mel can get the courts or the Vatican to forgive him for it?

Congrats to Heidi and Seal. I've never seen Lou as a female first name but often as a middle name in Appalachia where my Mom's family is from. It's one of those suffixes you can add to a name to make it instantly hill-billy. Perhaps the idea came from their previous wedding vow renewel party?

Posted by: hodie | October 13, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Since there are many animal lovers on this blog, I thought it was newsworthy that Ahhhnold also signed a bill prohibiting docking of cows' tails. :-)

And back to our regularly scheduled snark, OMG does Courtney Love look scarier and scarier every time I see a photo.

Jon GoAway -- LOL.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 13, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 13, 2009 9:36 AM |
-----------------------------------------
Dorkus, does the Penelope Cruz engagement have you an a bad mood?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 13, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Sas, All i'm saying is that I'm working hard towards achieving my goal of being a rich older woman's pool boy and here is Pacino complaining about it. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 13, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, in the alternative, have you considered dressing up for Halloween this year as Javier Bardem? Might help you to meet women dressed as Penélope Cruz. Or you could dress as the young Al Pacino. Just a couple of helpful suggestions...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 13, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 |
-------------------------------------------

You could end up replacing Vinny Cerrato as Dan Snyder's butt boy. The gig is not always what it's "cracked" up to be.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 13, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Can someone tell me why anything Michael Lohan has to say gets reported at all?

I really like JonGoaway. Very cool.

Am up to my eyeballs in post-production madness right now and I keep missing the morning snark session, but you guys are definitely helping me keep sane in the afternoons!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 13, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse