Posted at 8:44 AM ET, 10/ 2/2009

Jon Gosselin Wants TLC Cameras Off His Property; Jackson Healthy at Time of Death

By Liz Kelly

John Cusack promotes his upcoming movie, '2012,' in Taipei, Taiwan earlier today. (AP)

Friday

Headlines: David Letterman details extortion plot, sex with employees... Michael Jackson generally healthy (and tattooed) at time of death, autopsy shows... Jackson kids spend time with former nanny... TLC suspends "Jon and Kate" filming amidst sudden burst of conscience from Jon Gosselin (who, it should be noted, can't spell)... Harvard students defend Emma Watson stalking as "parody"... Kanye West, Lady Gaga tour canceled... Kristen Stewart misses having a "normal" life... Gwyneth Paltrow dispenses GOOP-y financial advice... Hospitalized Dennis Hopper feeling "much better," says publicist... James Franco to guest-star on "General Hospital"... Christina Aguilera to guest-judge on "Project Runway"... Bethenny Frankel, Christian Siriano land their own reality shows... "Top Chef's" Padma Lakshmi pregnant.

Rumor Mill: Michael Lohan says Jon Gosselin wants off TLC to pursue new reality show... "Precious" star Mo'Nique refusing to promote film... Prenup could scuttle Kevin Jonas's marriage plans... Ashlee Simpson spotted flirting with "Melrose Place" co-star?... Britney Spears's hotel aliases include Ms. Alotta Warmheart and Queen of the Fairy Dance.

Chat-worthy: At noon ET, quiz Rabbi Shmuley Boteach about his book, "The Michael Jackson Tapes." Then, join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's rescheduled "Lost" Hour.

---

By Liz Kelly  | October 2, 2009; 8:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 2009 Celebritology Honors: Heidi & Spencer Named Dippiest Couple; Kanye West Should Go Away
Next: Exploring 'Lost' with Time/Space

Comments

THANK. GOD. Does this mean Kanye and Lady Dogface will go away for good?

Posted by: Trumance1 | October 2, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Right now, Jay Leno's poor interns are digging through old calendars to find news that might possibly top Letterman's. Keep looking.

Between Michael Kors and Christina Aguilera, that's a whole lotta orange skin. I hope that week's PR challenge is to design an outfit using tropical fruit.

Padma Laksmhi, on the other hand, will now have the chance to ask a dozen aspiring chefs to create baby food or she'll be really mean and cold to them (which she is, anyway, regardless of the challenge).

Christian Siriano's reality show? I see odd hair, well-sewn clothes, and 10 minutes of interesting. (Which is exactly what I also see in "Kate Plus Eight.")

Who guest stars on "General Hospital" anymore? James Franco is about 30 years too late for that. Will James be joining Elizabeth Taylor in seeking the Ice Princess with the Cassidines? Or is he Laura's lost son with Scotty Baldwin? (OK, so my GH references are a little dated....)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 2, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Michael Jackson was surprisingly healthy at his autopsy. See, he's not really dead.

Kanye West/Lady Gaga tour cancelled. Couldn't find a spotlight big enough for both their egos on stage together.

Kevin, trust me on this, hold out for the pre-nup. It will make your life so much easier when she realizes you never leave the side of your two brothers.

Posted by: epjd | October 2, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Dave attracts a lot of drama. I can't think of any other celebrity who has had to dead with a long-term stalker, a plot to kidnap his kid, and now this extortion attempt. I kind of feel for the guy.

And it turns out that MJ had vitiligo after all. It must have been so frustrating not to have been believed and to have such a visible condition in an industry that depends so much on looks.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | October 2, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

ahh td, bringing back memories of sitting in our college lounge which was packed with a hundred other GH fans to watch Luke and Laura get married. Skipped Eng. Lit. for that.

So what could Jon Gosselin's new reality show possibly be about? Will we be subjected to footage of Jon explaining to one of his eight kids who the new lady in the bikini is each week and why his breath smells funny?

Will Gwynnie's Goopy financial advice work for someone whose bank balance is not minimum 6 figures?

Posted by: hodie | October 2, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Heyo -- we had some technical difficulties with the Buzz poll this morning. If you voted before 10 a.m., you may need to do it again.

So sorry!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 2, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

My most recent memories of GH are of Scorpio eating Chinese take out with the police chief. And Scotty planning something nefarious.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 2, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Kanye West/Lady Gaga tour cancelled. Pity. "Kanye Gaga" would look really great on a marquee.

Harvard students, leave Emma Watson alone. But thank you for pointing out that privilege does not automatically = class.

Kevin Jonas, definitely hold out for the prenup.

Letterman: I'm torn. On the one hand, he's had to put up with a lot of sh!t from crazy people. On the other hand, I'm somehow not surprised to hear that he's a skirt-chaser.

Posted by: northgs | October 2, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Jon Gosselin (or Kate for that matter) will never do anything simply for the good of the kids. Will always have a motive for his public words/actions. Namely, what will benefit him most.

Posted by: JLRGG | October 2, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like td & hodie & I watched GH at the same time. Remember when Scorpio became the police chief (after he retired from spying). I thought it was funny that the police chief of a normal town was entitled to a free mansion w/ full staff.

Posted by: JLRGG | October 2, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

i know liz posted about this earlier this week, but i just saw the new cusack film trailer for the first time last night, and OMG. it's even worse than i thought.

Posted by: nachomama1 | October 2, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

northgs, you mean the Harvard students are just reinforcing what the aristocracy taught us a couple centuries ago. Course being a republic doesn't get rid of those who feel over-entitled (e.g., Roman Polanski until recently...) As we all know, lack of self-awareness keeps this blog in business.

Looks like the buzz poll is still down. Or at least not displaying my votes.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 2, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

As far as David Letterman: skirt chasing is not actually a crime, or even necessarily immoral. There are certainly ways in which it can be immoral, but not having any details, I'm neither shocked or particularly surprised to hear he had sex with staff members. I'm assuming they were all consenting adults and it all happened before he was married, or that he has an open marriage (wouldn't work for me, but theoretically I guess it could work). If those things turn out not to be true, that's a different story, but he was always a notorious player! What boggles my mind is that the person trying to blackmail him thought ANYONE would be care that much that David Letterman was a player! Pssst-we already pretty much knew that. He really does seem to have a lot of drama in his life, and so far I think he has handled this with courage (moral and legal, doesn't mean it's not embarrassing) and grace. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Posted by: talleyl | October 2, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

reddragon
As we all know, [celebrities'] lack of self-awareness keeps this blog in business.

Comment of the, er, Decade?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 2, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Ah, but JLRGG, Port Charles was / is no "normal town" . . . .

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 2, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Wow, John Cusack is lookin' kinda rode hard & put away wet & that makes me sad.

Posted by: wadejg | October 2, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

aw, shucks, nosy, thanks.

Speaking of bygone days, I can't believe we're still using "skirt" chaser. On the other hand, decency probably means we should keep our skirts in place, and not go all Gaga saying what we really mean.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 2, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

td: HA! How true, how true!

Posted by: JLRGG | October 2, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

re stalking emma watson...

it was... a "parody"?

Inconceivable. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Morons.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | October 2, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Funny. Ron Rhenborg goes on and on in Gwynnie's GOOP blog about hedge funds. He doesn't have his own money in hedge funds, but in Japanese stocks, which, apparently, are “market neutral.” Stuffing money under my mattress is market neutral, too, Ron.

Let's move on to Lynnette Cox. She only gives advise about "how to earn or save $1 million over an entire lifetime" in her book, "Your First Million Dollars." Given that there are 29,219 days in your life if you live 80 years, that's about $34 bucks a day. Since I need the million dollars before I turn 80...let's move on to

Michael Tiedemann. If you can get past the obtuse text, his message is simple: commodities (gold), cash, short term securities, investment grade consumer good company stock, dividend stock. Just remember, 10 years ago, General Motors was a divident paying, blue chip stock.

So I'm back to the cash under the mattress scenario. As long as you don't smoke in bed, you'll be set.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 2, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Britney Spears, still crackers.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 2, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

When Letterman fessed to his gaffe
He meant to elicit no laugh;
But his heart is diseased
So he has to be pleased
To rouse an obedient staff.

News Short n' Sweet by JFD8

Posted by: jd121 | October 2, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

jd, SPLOOT! Well-played.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 2, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Twits has hit the big time, Ashton Kutcher just tweeted a link... Congrats Liz and crew!

Posted by: kawilson69 | October 2, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

very well played. I loved the MacP one too, despite the, well just despite the negative response it received when I passed it along.

Posted by: osh123 | October 2, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse