Posted at 8:52 AM ET, 10/ 5/2009

Alleged Letterman Extortionist Pleads Not Guilty; Past Intern Alleges Affair

By Liz Kelly

Paul McCartney and Gwyneth Paltrow attend Stella McCartney's spring/summer 2010 show at Paris Fashion Week today. (AP)
monday

Headlines: Angelina Jolie asks world not to forget Iraqi refugees... Judge says Michael Jackson's children thriving with grandmother... Lady Gaga to tour without Kanye West... Kate Beckinsale named "sexiest woman alive" by Esquire... Kevin Smith credits pot for reigniting his creative spark... Gwen Stefani celebrates 40th birthday... Dame Maggie Smith details breast cancer battle during filming of latest "Harry Potter" movie... Chris Noth ("Sex and the City's" Mr. Big) engaged... Bank sues Nicolas Cage for $2 million... Steve Carell's daughter profits from paparazzi.

Crime Watch: Accused David Letterman extortionist pleads not guilty; was deep in debt, says DA... Who is Joe Halderman? How the arrest went down... Paparazzo files crime report against Sean Penn for alleged scuffle.

Pix: Brangelina take the twins out for ice cream in Jordan... Lindsay Lohan, admittedly caught in an awkward moment... Bad Britney... Who wears short shorts? Rihanna.

Video: Alleged Letterman paramour Stephanie Burkitt in a 2006 "Late Show" skit... Seth Green on-set freak-out (real or staged?).

Rumor Mill: Ex-intern alleges she also had an affair with David Letterman; Letterman kept secret bedroom at studio, claims ex staffer... Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem reportedly engaged... Kate Gosselin accuses Jon Gosselin of taking $200K from joint account... Pregnant woman files paternity suit against Matthew Knowles (Beyonce's dad)... According to British tabloid, DNA test proves Jude Law is baby's dad.

By Liz Kelly  | October 5, 2009; 8:52 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Opinion Roundup: Where Do Celebs Come Down on Polanski?
Next: Lilo's Latest Fashion Flop

Comments

Wow Silent Bob should at least try to lay off the munchies.

Bank sues Nicolas Cage for $2 million...
-I just want my $8.75 back for Ghost Rider

I can't wait to get my latest issue of Esquire.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 5, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Can't blame you, Lady Gaga. Who wouldn't be irked when the center of attention is taken away from you and Kermit by performance interuptus?

So Kevin Smith's strategy is obviously not working as I haven't gotta clue who he is.

Happy Birthday, Gwen Stefani. Lady Gaga should take notes how to be a little kooky and still cool.

Brangelina looks truly happy but what I really want to know is what flavors did the kids eat?

Obviously that is Lilo's audition photo for Zombieland.

Posted by: hodie2 | October 5, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Hey - tip of the day for celeb photographers:

You are assuming the risk of being beaten up if you take pictures of Sean Penn.

Getting into a scuffle with him is part of the event.

Stop whining when you're asking for it.

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 5, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

that pic of lindsay is beyond words

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | October 5, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Angelina Jolie might be a little late. The USA, for instance, forgot the Iraqi refugees sometime in May 2003.

"Lady Gaga to tour without Kanye West" and also without anything remotely identifiable as "clothing."

Bank sues Nicolas Cage: normally I'd be in favour of anything that would costs Cage $2M, but I have to make an exception here. NEVER cheer for a bank.

Good thing Steve Carell's daughter is making money with the lemonade stand - at the rate this season of The Office is getting laughs, dad will be out of a job by November.

Lindsay Lohan's awkward moment: showing up late to audition for the "Grey Gardens" role that eventually went to Jessica Lange, apparently.

Kate accuses Jon of taking $200K - having solved the dilemma of Bank v. Cage, we are now presented with the Kate v. Jon paradox. (Star Trek fans will recognize this as a variation of the Koyobashi Maru problem.) Who can solve it?

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 5, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I think someone needs to explain to Kate the definition of "joint" account.

The sympathy meter is swinging back to him. She just won't shut up. I also despise people who do nasty things then claim they are the victim.

Is it really a secret bedroom if everyone knew it existed? I guess they mean secret as in "didn't appear in building plans" but everyone knew you got there by pulling out Ann Coulter's latest best seller from the shelf.

Posted by: epjd | October 5, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, allow me to solve your Kobayashi Maru. We send Both Jon and Kate into space. Everybody wins.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 5, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

East-West bank can easily get their $2 M back. They need to stand on the National Mall, equidistant from the Capitol and the Washington Monument on the exact moment of the spring equinox, then using the standard pace of a 5' 11" man, walk east the same number of steps as the sum total of all prime numbers to 51 and begin digging. If you don't get arrested by the Park Police, you'll eventually find a box that contains a key that will unlock a vault located somewhere in the city. The clues for that are on a common dollar bill. Frankly, any homeless person can tell you exactly where you need to go.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 5, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

"Lady Gaga to tour without Kanye West..."
- But she'll be looking over her sholder every night in case he makes a "cameo appearance" to remind everyone that she really should be at the Beyonce concert.

"Kate Beckinsale named 'sexiest woman alive' by Esquire..."
- in an effort to boost magazine sales and membership, AARP will publish the top ten 'sexiest women you'd be surprised are still alive' in their next edition of "Modern Maturity."

"Kevin Smith credits pot for reigniting his creative spark..."
- Kevin is messed up on cause and effect. It's the pot that the audience smokes that makes his movies seem funny.

"Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem reportedly engaged..."
- Is it too late to request matching "No Country for Old Men" haircuts for the wedding?

"Kate Gosselin accuses Jon Gosselin of taking $200K from joint account..."
- Geez Jon. How is Kate supposed to enjoy those Kevin Smith movies now?

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 5, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, you may be the Maximus now, but mdreader appears to be closing fast.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 5, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Angelina Jolie asks world not to forget Iraqi refugees...

Alright, the Lizard Island adoption pool starts today. Pick your dates for the announcement of the adoption of an Iraqi child.

Do either she or Brad Pitt have any movie premieres coming up?

Posted by: MzFitz | October 5, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else weirded out by Rihanna's extra-large "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" thumb in the second pic?

Posted by: rachelt2 | October 5, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I propose Jon & Kate be put into a static warp bubble, which will then vanish out of existence.

They could also be sent to Rura Penthe, to work in the dilithium mines.

I am. A. Nerd.

Posted by: jelo97 | October 5, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

No mention of Lindsay's disastrous failure at Paris fashion week? My favorite headline was from the LA Times:

Paris Fashion Week: Lindsay Lohan's Walk of Shame http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2009/10/lindsay-lohan-ungaro-spring-2010-runway-paris.html

I'm glad that the Jackson 3 are doing well.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | October 5, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Gwynnie: So Paul, my financial adviser says to buy gold and other commodities.

Paul: I had a financial adviser tell me to buy up song libraries. It worked out well for him, although he recently passed away. Pity that.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 5, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

But md, I thought the story was that Paul told Michael that there was a lot of money in song catalogues and then promptly flipped out when MJ bought Northern Songs.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | October 5, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse