Posted at 8:25 AM ET, 10/16/2009

Taylor Swift to Host 'SNL'; This Week's Buzz Meter

By Liz Kelly

Kelly Rowland performs at Thursday's 'Los Premios MTV 2009' in Los Angeles. (AP)

Friday

Headlines: Meghan McCain regrets posting risque twitpic... Taylor Swift to host Nov. 7 "SNL"... Britney Spears's "3" debuts at no. 1 on Billboard Hot 100... Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield to meet on today's "Oprah"... Madonna scrapped plans to call new album "Black Madonna," appear in black face on the cover... George Clooney laments the state of the news industry... Pittsburgh fire truck hits van containing Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks... Cyndi Lauper, Bret Michaels in gaggle of new "Celebrity Apprentice" recruits... Former "Bachelor" contestant Melissa Rycroft has swine flu... Daniel Radcliffe buys $5.65 million Manhattan brownstone... Garth Brooks coming out of retirement for steady Las Vegas gig... Fred Durst files for divorce after three months of marriage... Lil' Wayne expecting fourth child.

Rumor Mill: Ex-babysitter claims Jon Gosselin hacked into Kate's e-mail account... Judge orders Lindsay Lohan to appear in court... Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer back on?... Did Nicole Richie and Joel Madden secretly marry last week?... Amy Winehouse dating one of George Foreman's sons?... Kim Kardashian paid $50K to celebrate her birthday at Vegas club.

Well Said
"I'm in House Beautiful, thank you very much. In my bed, fully clothed. Please, people want to see January in her underwear. They don't want to see me in lingerie. Come on, who's not dying to see that? All the ladies on our show are uniquely beautiful in their own way." -- "Mad Men's" Bryan Batt reacts to co-star January Jones's GQ spread.

By Liz Kelly  | October 16, 2009; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Twits: Donnie Wahlberg, Rainn Wilson, Melissa Rivers (VIDEO)
Next: Twitter Trouble: Meghan McCain and Scott Baio on Deck

Comments

It's the third son in about a year for Lil Wayne -- a.k.a. Dwayne Carter Jr., 27.

Wow. Just wow.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | October 16, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

On the Megan McCain pic, is reading Andy Warhol that big of a scandal to Republicans?

Will Brett Michaels and The Donald trade comb-over secrets?

Just when I thought I was finally free of Garth Brooks.... (By the way Steve Wynn, if you happen to read this, my life's dream is to be the next Tom Jones. Just give an audition.)

Amy Winehouse there are much easier ways of getting a George Foreman grill.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 16, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

I might have bought that Madonna album, if only to hear her version of "Old Man River."

Bret Michaels on "Celebrity Apprentice" - finally, someone to challenge Trump in the Ridiculous Hair department.

Garth Brooks' unretirement means he'll have much less time to play with his little Chris Gaines every day.

Fred Durst,
his bubble burst,
wed bad then worse,
durst divorce
lest she go first.

"Have you ever heard me play guitar? I'm really [expletive] good. You know what I'm bad at? The whole 'steady girlfriend' thing. This is not in my wheelhouse. Do you have any questions about music?" -- John Mayer, when asked about Jennifer Aniston

"Amy Winehouse dating one of George Foreman's sons?" Which one? I hope it's not George Foreman - he's mean. Or George Foreman - he's got a crooked nose. Or George Foreman - temper. Or George Foreman - she's a girl. I think that leaves George Foreman or George Foreman as her choices.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 16, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

You just know that someone on SNL is gonna interrupt Taylor Swift's opening. They will think it hilarious while the rest of us will yawn.

Liz, gotta take exception to something you said in yesterday's chat about Pam Anderson and the little child she exploited. It didn't have to be a huge statement about exerting dominion over ALL children to be wrong. It was about treating that particular child as her slave -- sitting her on the floor, slapping her leg to summon the child, etc. Slavery is about owning ANY person, not all persons of that class. And what Pam did probably crossed the line.

Posted by: epjd | October 16, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Kelly, while it's nice to see you supporting Merlin from The Fashion Show, I'm just not buying it.

"Pittsburgh fire truck hits van containing Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks"

- "Containing?" Were they in bags, tossed in the back on their way to some sort of disposal facility?

"I'm in House Beautiful, thank you very much. In my bed, fully clothed. Please, people want to see January in her underwear. They don't want to see me in lingerie."
- Bryan, depends on what sort of people we're talking about. There's a market out there for you in lingerie. Many of them already have a subscription to House Beautiful.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 16, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Finally when Meghan McCain does something I like, she changes her mind.

Russell Crowe should never have gotten into a fight with the Pittsburgh FD.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 16, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

ok-

Melissa Rycroft can now use her quasi-celebrity to lead a swine flu campaign: keep your fingers out of your nose, and wash those hands.

Clooney - not only is he quite handsome, but he's pretty smart, and aware of the world outside his celebrity-hood, and doesn't seek out special treatment because of who he is. (I think that's what makes him so schmokin' hot!)

Madonna - who said she didn't have a sense of taste/decorum.

Would it be too much to ask for Tyson & Holyfield to do a boxing "demo" using Oprah?

Why is it no one pays "me" $50K to celebrate my birthday? Maybe that's why I'm still 29 after all these years.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | October 16, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Third son in about a year? Lil Wayne, meet condom. Condom, meet Lil Wayne.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 16, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

By the way ep, it's 9:43...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 16, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

It's news when a FORMER Z-list "reality" TV person gets the flu? Seriously?

"Did Nicole Richie and Joel Madden secretly marry last week?" Please 'splain to me why I should care...

And today's Friday love goes out to Jessica Simpson. She's never really done anything heinous (except for some of the fashion choices) and she gets so much abuse. You hang in there, girlfriend!

Posted by: jaybbub | October 16, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

"Daniel Radcliffe buys $5.65 million Manhattan brownstone" -- And at that price, I bet it still only has one bedroom, window air conditioners and a roach issue.

"Cyndi Lauper, Bret Michaels in gaggle of new 'Celebrity Apprentice' recruits" -- I am smelling me some serious 80s! Tell me they're being joined by Jane Wiedlin, Simon Le Bon, Susanna Hoffs, and Howard Jones and I'm like so totally watching!

"Madonna scrapped plans to call new album 'Black Madonna,' appear in black face on the cover" -- Instead she's calling it "Dashboard Madonna" and posing on a Buick with her arms provocatively draped around St. Christopher.

"George Clooney laments the state of the news industry" -- Haven't we been through this before with him? I lament the state of his newsworthiness.

"Garth Brooks coming out of retirement for steady Las Vegas gig" -- Does he need cash?! I kinda liked the Chris Gaines thing. It's the country stuff I didn't. Besides, he didn't look any stupider wearing a soul patch than anyone else over 20.

"Judge orders Lindsay Lohan to appear in court" -- And NO LEGGINGS, young lady! Do you hear me? Cover that chest, too. And if I so much as SEE the word Ungaro on anything you're wearing, I'm throwing the book at you. What? A book? It's a thing with pages. You read it. Oh nevermind, just get in here now.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 16, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Meghan McCain can send me pictures of her ample endowment anytime.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 16, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Pam Anderson and child - I agree with ep. Treating the child as her lapdog/slave was appalling. Where is child protective services? Oh - lobbeying to get Polanski out of jail, I guess.

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 16, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, is there a reason you were citing the time to me?

Posted by: epjd | October 16, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

ep, the correct response would be "and ou still sucks."

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 16, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Got it.

It's 2:54 and OU still sucks.

Posted by: epjd | October 16, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Yes, u are wrong. I think John Mayer is diligently trying to absorb a lot of complic ---criticism from critics with everything from the new Aniston rumors, and a new album being promoted...How'd he have time?

Posted by: gregwu | October 20, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse