Posted at 8:05 AM ET, 10/ 9/2009

Miley Cyrus Quits Twitter; Australian TV Show Slammed for Blackface Jackson Skit

By Liz Kelly

Jason Schwartzman arrives for the Inaugural Gala of the Los Angeles Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles on Thursday. (AP)

Friday

Headlines: OMG! Miley Cyrus quits Twitter... But, it's okay, Tracy Morgan just joined... Heart surgery went "perfectly," tweets Elizabeth Taylor... High profile Twitterers invite libel lawsuits... Australian TV show airs blackface "Jackson Jive" skit. Some call judge Harry Connick Jr (who expressed his unease about the skit) a hypocrite because of this... Jon and Kate Gosselin manage civility at twins' birthday party, despite Jon's arrival with misspelled cake... Christie Brinkley and Peter Cook accuse each other of violating custody agreement... Ellen Page lands deal to create HBO comedy... Will.i.am, Rosario Dawson among celebrity judges for health care reform video contest... Hilary Swank cops to walking around nude in front of boyfriend's six-year-old son... Keira Knightley to make stage debut in London's West End... Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo back together... New Amy Winehouse album due in 2010... Marge Simpson poses nude for November Playboy.

Crime Watch: Michael Jackson doctor Conrad Murray skips child support hearing... No charges against sheriff's deputy accused of leaking Mel Gibson DUI details... Alleged John Travolta blackmailer accused of burning documents.

Pix: Jennifer Hudson and newborn son David... Cute dog (oh, and Ashley Tisdale).

Rumor Mill: Nicolas Cage owes $6 million in unpaid taxes... Family planning an intervention for Lindsay Lohan? No, according to mom Dina Lohan... Gossip site claims it has proof that Khloe Kardashian/Lamar Odom wedding is a "fake"... Eddie Murphy drops out of Richard Pryor biopic... Did Letterman bring Stephanie Burkitt along on family vactions?

Say What?

By Liz Kelly  | October 9, 2009; 8:05 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: VIDEO -- Twits: Kirstie Alley, Slash, Danny DeVito
Next: Comment Box: The Last Word on Letterman?

Comments

Now that Miley's quit Twitter, it can go back to being the "hard news" site it used to be

Heart surgery went "perfectly," tweets Elizabeth Taylor...

Marge Simpson in Playboy: finally, we'll know whether or not the cuffs match the collar.

If only Nicolas Cage had a dollar for every time someone came out of one of his movies thinking, "Gawd, what dreck!" he'd be able to pay his tax bill.

Khloe & Lamar did a much better job faking their wedding than I've been able to do faking any interest in it. But at least I learned that an anagram of "Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom" is "Salamander had a Roman kid look," which might very well describe any kids they might have together.

"Eddie Murphy drops out of Richard Pryor biopic." Man, that n-word's crazy.

"I don't want them raised as children who have 'movie star' parents." -- Angelina Jolie.
"Then you should have let Dave Coulier adopt them." -- byoolin

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 9, 2009 8:49 AM | Report abuse

If I were on Twitter, I'd tweet that byoolin's comments were "perfect." But now that Miley is not on, I don't see the point in joining.

I just can't believe byoo passed up a chance to comment on Hillary Swank's class, though.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 9, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Re: Angelina's comment

Are you there Reality? It's me, Angelina. Could you go away. I like this bubble of self deception I'm living in much better.

Posted by: caroleg1 | October 9, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1

****

I said nothing because I couldn't figure out how to top a six-year-old boy who can say, "I saw Hillary Swank NAKED."

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 9, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Is that why Angelina dresses her childen in the dumpiest clothes she can find? Does she want them to feel less privileged? Like they are not the children of movie stars?

I notice that she always looks chic and taken care of. But her children look like they are not even wearing clean clothes - why is that?

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 9, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Bet that six year old is wondering why all the high school boys keep trying to get invited to his slumber parties.

I guess I need to update the list of people I follow on twitter now.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 9, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I can't stand Hilary Swank. If I had to choose, I'd rather be trapped in an elevator with Diane Keaton than with Hilary Swank.

Posted by: StuckatWork | October 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

If those were my choices, Stuck, I'd take te stairs.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 9, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

After 5 minutes in here with Diane Keaton doing that annoying laugh and Hilary Swank bobbing up and down like she's ready to hit someone, I'm joing Stuck and byoolin in the stairway.

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 9, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

So, Angelina, your kids think you move every 10 minutes and you and their father's pictures are on magazine covers just for the heck of it?

Of course Dina says no to an intervention. That show name is already taken.

Posted by: epjd | October 9, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Hilary Swank spent several months as a boy in a movie. She's spent every month since trying to convince the world she's a girl.

Thank goodness there's no Playcouple magazine, otherwise we'd see matchups like Levi Johnston and Marge Simpson and . . . oh never mind.

The Lohan family WAS planning an intervention, but then they all decided to go clubbing and get loaded together instead.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 9, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 9, 2009 9:57 AM

And here I thought that Dina just didn't want to bite the hand that feeds her.

Posted by: northgs | October 9, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Hilary Swank, no boundaries. Think the dad of this 6-year-old needs to step in here.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 9, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I clicked on the links today. I snark better when I don't. But I learned so much.

- Tracy Morgan is a Star Wars fan.

- Miley's boyfriend is banning Twitter to stop those get-togethers with Heincer.

- Will.i.am is hoping that Amy Winehouse doesn't try to enter a video extolling the virtues of the British Public Health Service.

- Dina Lohan thinks her daughter doesn't need rehab. She also thinks her daughter is a genius.

- And Miley Cyrus is right to support gay marriage. Just look at all the messed up, divorced straight marriages we've got in today's Morning Mix.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 9, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Jennifer Hudson's baby is adorable. So happy for her. She deserves happiness.

Posted by: newengland1 | October 9, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

mdreader, I am reminded of a great episode of The West Wing where a Congressmember wants to introduce a bill to ban marriage. ALL marriage. He said, If the government will not allow all people to marry, then we should get out of the business entirely. ;-)

Posted by: Californian11 | October 9, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

td_in_baltimore:

-------------------
Ms Kelly:

I hereby submit the comment above as my nominee for Comment of the Week.

Kevfromnova

Posted by: KevFromArlington | October 9, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I hereby submit the comment above as my nominee for Comment of the Week.

Kevfromnova

********************************************

Oh wait, this just in, President Obama already won Comment of the Week.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 9, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

"Miley Cyrus Quits Twitter" -- Has a formal word been coined for a Twitter Quitter yet? Is she a Quitwitter? QuitTwitterer? TwitQuit?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 9, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Oh, yeah, re: Hilary Swank strolling around naked in front of a six-year-old boy - talk about creating unrealistic expectations!

Posted by: northgs | October 9, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 9, 2009 11:01 AM

Qwitterer works for me.

Posted by: northgs | October 9, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Let's all add Hillary Swank's boyfriends son to the Hollywood children whose memoirs we'd buy in advance.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 9, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I got no snark this morning. I think the image of a bony, scrawny, nekkid Hilary Swank did me in.

Posted by: jaybbub | October 9, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I miss The Swayze.

So I'll send my Friday love to the Travoltas. I don't especially lurve them, but what they have been through - and are still goig through - just breaks my heart. Here's hoping for peace and strength for them.

Posted by: jaybbub | October 9, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1

****

Posted by: byoolin1 |

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Soon, several million young boys will be able to brag, "I saw Marge Simpson NAKED!"
This may get their older male relatives in trouble.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 9, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Quite a few contenders today for parent of the year awards.

We have Jon Gosselin who should at least get credit for not using his own fingers to correct the spelling on his own daughters' birthday cake.

We have boyfriend of Hillary Swank who is front runner for this years Shia LeBeouf Naked Parenting award (by proxy).

We also have, Brangelina, who are up for the We Are the World Parenting award, brought to you by Garmin, you will never be lost.

Christie Brinkley and Peter Cook get the Can't We All Just Get Along? Parenting award AND will each be awarded their special wish of a free stay in the clink for each of them.

Dina Lohan gets the Lifetime Achievement Award for most screwed up prodigy. Congrats, Dina.

I'm sure there are others. Who else is deserving?

Posted by: hodie | October 9, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Wait, is that Angelina's way of saying they're both quitting the biz?

Posted by: wadejg | October 9, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

hodie, the award that Hilary Swank's bf wins should be Comment of the Week, and a category in next year's Lizzies.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 9, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

"Wait, is that Angelina's way of saying they're both quitting the biz?"

Oh, if wishing made it so ...

Posted by: Californian11 | October 9, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

How about Qwitter, northgs?

I can't believe I'm defending Jon Gosselin, but I'm guessin' he didn't decorate that birthday cake himself and the spelling error was actually the fault of the bakery. "Maddy" is a common spelling, "Mady" is not.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 9, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks reddragon!

Californian, you're right, and I gave him credit for not trying to fix the cake himself!

Posted by: hodie | October 9, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 9, 2009 11:01 AM

Qwitterer works for me.

Posted by: northgs | October 9, 2009 11:23 AM |

How about Quitwit?

Posted by: dablues1 | October 9, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 9, 2009 11:01 AM

Qwitterer works for me.

Posted by: northgs | October 9, 2009 11:23 AM |

How about Quitwit?

Posted by: dablues1 | October 9, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I still think she's just a Twit.

Posted by: hodie | October 9, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

"Then you should have let Dave Coulier adopt them." -- byoolin

Now,now. Nobody said that they should be punished.

I don't know who bears the stronger resemblance to Seabiscuit: Hilary Swank or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | October 9, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Okay, not the hugest Angelina Jolie fan, but I do admire the way she and Brad Pitt take those kids to do things normal kids do.

Granted, there's more security and a !@#$%^&*-load of paparazzi/gawkers, but they take those kids to museums, to theme parks, to ice cream, to the park, to whatever. It's a privileged existence, but those kids are getting to do things kids with parents who aren't international film stars do.

Compared to Gwyneth Paltrow's kids, they are probably going to be far more normal. I bet Gwynnie never lets her kids have ice cream without checking the pedigree of the cows who donated the milk for the cream or the source of the sugar...Brangelina don't seem to go that far, and good for them.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | October 11, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse