Posted at 7:59 AM ET, 10/22/2009

Miley doesn't miss Twitter; 'American Psycho' modeled after Tom Cruise

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

More Headlines: Miley Cyrus doesn't miss Twitter... Christian Bale based "American Psycho" character on "intense" Tom Cruise... Drowsy Nicole Kidman says Hollywood contributes to violence against women... Jon Gosselin demands $12K an hour for radio appearance... Michael Lohan takes his campaign to save daughter Lindsay to Twitter... Is Beyonce's metal glove thingy sparking a trend?... Yet again, Paris Hilton claims the whole airhead thing is an act... Billy Joel sells house to ex-wife for $3 million... Madonna gives "Glee" the rights to her entire music catalog... Run-DMC Broadway musical in the works (yay!)... Whitney Houston puts New Jersey home on the market for $2.5M... Kardashian sisters team up with Bebe to launch clothing line... Carnie Wilson lands her own reality show... "The Office's" Amy Ryan gives birth to baby girl.

Pix: Kim Kardashian and her advertiser friendly birthday cake... Seeing red with Gwen Stefani... Nicole Richie shows off baby Sparrow.

Video: Heather Graham stars in pro-public option health care ad...

Crime Watch: Judge declares mistrial in John Travolta extortian case... Lawyer hints at possible return to the U.S. for Roman Polanski... "Smallville's" Sam Jones arrested in drug bust.

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie to star in Gucci movie?... Jennifer Aniston drunk dialed Brad Pitt, claims tabloid... Usher's divorce from Tameka Foster finalized?... T.R. Knight and boyfriend split... Rosie O'Donnell separating from wife?... Jessica Simpson goes on group date with Gerard Butler.

Not News: Kanye West is not dead, just the victim of an Internet hoax... Joel Madden says he and girlfriend Nicole Richie did not secretly marry... Heidi Montag denies demanding money to show up at her sister's birthday party.

Say What?
"I equate fame with being a blue alien. Some people are like [animated whisper], 'Look at the blue alien, she’s so cute!' and other people are like [disgusted sneer], 'Oh my God, don't talk to the blue alien!' And, however they treat you, at the end of the day you’re still a blue alien." -- Juliette Lewis, who I'd always pictured as more of a green alien.

"Fantastic, fantastic. Her boobs are great as well. I shouldn't have said that should I? She looks absolutely fantastic." -- Mitch Winehouse weighs in on daughter Amy's newly-enhanced silhouette.

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat. Then, depending on your level of commitment, stick around for the "Lost" Hour at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | October 22, 2009; 7:59 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: In pursuit of celebs with OMGICU
Next: VIDEO -- Twits: John Mayer, Russell Simmons, Carrie Fisher, Jeremy Piven

Comments

Tried to find some connection between Juliette Lewis and Wee Tom. Couldn't, but their statements appear to be cut from the same cloth.

Paris, we've heard that claim before. You're either a really good actress, or you are just playing yourself.

Now we know where Amy Winehouse gets her intellectual prowess.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 22, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Oh, how much would Jon charge NOT to appear?

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 22, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Miley doesn't miss twitter, well to be fair it was hard for her to constantly come up with 140 characters. Thinking is hard.

On the other side, Michael Lohan, nothing shows a father's love like a 140 character limit.

Mitch Winehouse is putting himself in contention for a Woody nomination.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 22, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Um - perhaps we also know where Amy Winehouse got her addiction problem? Could dad's inappropriate comments stem from inappropriate behavior? Commenting on your daughter's "boobs"?

Creepy.

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 22, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

It's not so much that Miley Cyrus doesn't miss Twitter, it's more that she's doesn't miss having to try to come up with 140 consecutive characters of non-gibberish.

"Christian Bale based "American Psycho" character on "intense" Tom Cruise..." and his "Batman" character on "intense" Tom Cruise with a head cold, and his "Terminator" character on "intense" Tom Cruise with three days' stubble, and his "Newsies" character on "intense" Tom Cruise with a copy of the Post.

"Jon Gosselin demands $12K an hour for radio appearance." He should be lucky to make $12 an hour at Radio Shack.

Beyonce's metal glove thingy: try getting on a plane wearing one of those when you're not Beyonce.

Juliette Lewis' squirrels are clearly stuck in some sort of an electronic incident.

Mitch Winehouse, meet Joe Simpson. Joe, Mitch. I'm sure you two will have lots to talk about.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 22, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, sorry about stomping on your Miley remark.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 22, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

It's all good byoolin.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 22, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

"Intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes". Yep, that's Wee Tom all right. ::shudder::

In passing, has anyone else been having problems with getting the Celebritology page to load? For the last few days, it's been about a fifty/fifty chance that opening up the blog will bring Firefox to a crashing halt.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | October 22, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Twitter doesn't miss Miley either.

Big deal; I once drug-dialed Brad Pitt too. Had to ask him to explain "Meet Joe Black" to me. I just didn't get it, and the beer didn't help either.

I'm kinda grooving on the Madonna "Glee" thing, though you just know it's going to be this predictable "Papa Don't Breach"/"Open Your Heart" mashup starring Rachel, Finn and Quinn. Give me Mercedes and Tina "Vogue"ing instead.

Overheard in Hollywood:

BRONSON PINCHOT: Look, Chris. Tom Cruise. Over there by Baskin Robbins.

CHRISTIAN BALE: Ugh. Did you know I modeled "American Psycho" on him?

TOM CRUISE: Hey Balki, Bruce. How's it going? I feel the need for speed. My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment. I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. You want some ice cream, in case there are no gay people there? They're squirrels stuck in an electronic incident. It makes me so angry!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 22, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer - yes, something is up with the Celebritology page. It caused my computer to freeze up twice yesterday. Obviously I need my fix since I am risking it again today...

Posted by: VaLGaL | October 22, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

You all are on fire today.

"Oh, how much would Jon charge NOT to appear?" --reddragon1

"Whitney Houston's home has a market value of $2.5 million, but the street value is at least $10 million." --DorkusMaximus1

"Judge declares mistrial in John Travolta extortion case: ruled that nobody could have seen Battlefield Earth and remained objective." --byoolin1

I'm going to have to put a 1 at the end of my WaPo username to try and keep up.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 22, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

We don't miss Miley on twitter either.

Feel for the Travolta family to have to go through that again. I think the judge jumped the gun on the mistrial.

No Michael Lohan is taking is campaign to live off his daughter's fame to campaign.

I see Kelli is getting sick of being married to a fat, out of work, slimeball. She wants to enjoy life while she is still young.

How would anyone know if Jen drunk dialed Brad. I doubt those two are talking about it. Well, that incident specifically.

Jessica aren't you a little old for group dates? Stop being so desperate. Just stay away from Romo.

Posted by: epjd | October 22, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

As for Celebritology freezing -- when the page loads, don't try to go to comments that way. Use the menu of posts on the left to click on the post you want to read and comment on. It loads fine then, no freezing. It's just the main page with all the posts that freezes.

Dorkus, I answered your question about my browser last night.

Posted by: epjd | October 22, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Nicole Kidman isn't sleepy, she's embalmed. Yeech. She's got this creepy, plastic, lollipop-head look. I realize that sitting through a Congressional hearing is typically one of the most sleep-inducing activities on earth, but in this case I think the embalming fluid was the culprit.

And apologies to the lady who created Sasha Fierce's bionic hand-carapace, but until I see knockoff's retailing for $9.99 at Foreever 21, I refuse to believe that it's any kind of fashion trend.

Posted by: NW_Washington | October 22, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Yeah ep, I just saw your response. I'll forgive you for not knowing what browser edition you are running, but Brian Krebs and Rob Pegoraro would like to have talk with you.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 22, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Y'know, Sparrow Madden actually does kind of look like a baby bird. And that beak of his mother's!

Kardashians designing for Bebe: apparently Bebe has a Spandex Petites department. Who knew?

In Jon Gosselin's defense, radio allows him to show off his best profile effortlessly.

Posted by: northgs | October 22, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's had trouble with Celebritology loading.

What's with all the creepy celeb Dad's - Lohan, Winehouse..yuck. Winehoue's Dad should get with the Simpson Dad. To much boob talk from both of them.

Posted by: Vienna8425 | October 22, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Nicole Kidman is unrecognizable in that photo. She ruined her lips and hair, but I think we can also put to rest Botox rumors. There are very definite wrinkles on her face (this is a good thing, BTW).

Nicole shows off Baby Sparrow ... I thought we were going to see a nest-cam or something.

Didn't we already hear that drunk-dialed rumor? Or was it the other way around, that Brad drunk-dialed Jen? Either way, it sounds like something ditzy high school girls made up. I'm not buying.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 22, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

I thought boobs were yesterday's theme. Either I was wrong, or it carried over.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 22, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd

I never noticed that stuff on the left before!

I have the same problem in Firefox, I'll try that next time.

Posted by: wadejg | October 22, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the workaround ep, will do that. Sorry for the doublepost, I just now saw everyone's issues yesterday.

Boobs and/or shoes are always the theme around here.

You know, I'm either too dumb or too smart to get Paris Hilton, and as this point I'm honestly not sure which.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | October 22, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Apologies for the technical difficulties. The main page should be fixed now.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 22, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I too had somw minor problems today getting on site but better now.

So was Christian also channeling Cruise when he "baled" on the poor set guy during filming of Terminator? What would you call that? Cruise-wacked?

I too am liking that Madonna is sharing her music catalog with Glee (my new favorite show). I think you hit it on the nail what songs will be chosen for the first mash-up. Was hilarious last night they chose the Thong Song.

I would definitely vote for Amy's dad getting this year's Woody. (that sounds gross by itself). But given who his daughter is, it adds a big extra dose of skeeviness.

Oh no! Suri Cruise is also dressing Gwen Stefani!

Not suprising Bebe is teaming with Kim K. I always thought of Bebe as a place to get higher quality hooker clothes.

Posted by: hodie2 | October 22, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Woot, it's no longer busted! Thanks, Internet magicians!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | October 22, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Love it, hodie! I propose adding "baled" to our Celebritology dictionary:

ˈPronunciation: \ˈbāled\
: a fit of bad temper; going nuts on someone.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 22, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I was going over yesterday's news- notably Tom Cruise's latest manifestation of nonsense- when it struck me. Not only is Suri choosing her mom's clothes, she's writing her dad's press releases. Tom, I expect commentary on pink unicorns before the week is out!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | October 22, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Re Amy Winehouse's embiggening: Of all the medical attention she's in need of, this seems like it should've been near the bottom of her list.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 22, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I'll second Californian's nomination of "baled" for the Lizard Island glossary of terms! Excellent.

Okay, I think we need to create a second manhattan project. The first was for celebrities/personalities. The second is for all these creepy asshats who THINK they're celebrities/personalities by either appearing on a reality show (JonGoaway) or being related to a celebrity/personality (Joe Simpson, Mitch Winehouse, Michael Lohan). Latrine-side seating for Joe and Mitch, in keeping with their disgusting fixation on their daughters' breast size.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 22, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Ms. Liz,

Extortion is spelled wrong. It is extortion not "extortian".

Posted by: afar2988 | October 22, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Kim Kardashian, it's my birthday, too! Would you pop out of a cake for me?

Billy Joel sells houses to ex-wife? Didn't Toonces the Driving Cat have any standing in the divorce proceedings?

Jessica Simpson goes on a grope date with Gerard Butler? I thought that all dates with Gerard Butler included groping.

Heidi Montag was adamant in her refutation of rumors that she demanded money for appearing at her sister's birthday party. "I don't need the money. All I wanted was some apprecaition, preferably some fresh lobster and a bottle of Gray Goose."

Paris Hilton says her airhead demeanor is an act. Best acting I've ever seen from a person like that since the Terri Schiavo videos.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 22, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

... asshats who THINK they're celebrities/personalities ...

I nominate Sarah Palin, Bristol Palin, and that guy who got her pregnant.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 22, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Yet again, I second your nomination.

Happy Birthday Squatch!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 22, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Cat, the Asshat List would be a mighty long one. This old cryptid thanks you for the good wishes.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 22, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday, Sas. Just remember, it beats the heck out of dying young.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 22, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Sound like they need a real ”magician”!

Posted by: paul81 | October 22, 2009 11:58 PM | Report abuse