Posted at 7:25 AM ET, 10/ 6/2009

Nicole Richie Treated for Minor Injuries After Fender-Bender; Letterman Apologizes to Wife

By Liz Kelly

Maggie Gyllenhaal arrives at the premiere of her husband Peter Sarsgaard's new movie, 'An Education,' in New York on Monday. (Reuters)
Tuesday

Headlines: Nicole Richie injured when car rear-ended by paparazzo... David Letterman apologizes to his wife; lawyer says Letterman's not telling the whole story... Jon Gosselin denies emptying bank account (is the couple in debt?)... Tyler Perry opens up about childhood abuse, molestation... Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell diagnosed with Swine Flu... Simon Cowell's 50th birthday bash called "vulgar, crass"... Heather Mills opens vegan eatery in the Bronx... French first lady Carla Bruni Sarkozy's new Web site crashes due to overload... MTV to air DJ AM addiction documentary series... Patrick Swayze mourned at Los Angeles memorial service... Antonio Banderas ordered to demolish part of his beachfront Spanish home... Madonna wins damages from U.K. newspaper for printing wedding photos... Elvis Presley's grandson lands $5 million record deal.

Crime Watch: Swiss government to rule on Roman Polanski release request this week... Alleged John Travolta extortion attempt caught on tape... Method Man arrested for non-payment of taxes... Suicide note found on former reality show contestant Ryan Jenkins's computer.

Pix: Kelly Osbourne shows off burned armpits.

Video: Nancy Grace slams Jon Gosselin on "The Insider"... Levi Johnston is new pistachio pitchman... Matt Damon freaks out on "Entourage" season finale (some NSFW language).

Rumor Mill: Heidi Klum officially changing last name to "Samuel" (as in "Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adelo Samuel")... Miley Cyrus battling dad over new boyfriend?... Anne Heche refuses to introduce children to her mother... Russell Brand and Katy Perry "in love"? Maybe not.

By Liz Kelly  | October 6, 2009; 7:25 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lilo's Latest Fashion Flop
Next: A Dose of Reality: Spencer Pratt's Relationship Advice

Comments

Are Jon & Kate in debt? Well, their financial bankruptcy would provide a nice complement to their moral bankruptcy.

"Simon Cowell's 50th birthday bash called 'vulgar, crass'" ...and that was just what Simon thought of it. Randy thought it was "rockin', dawg," and nobody cares what Paula thinks anymore.

"Elvis Presley's grandson lands $5 million record deal." That's alright, mama.

"Alleged John Travolta extortion attempt caught on tape." And it's getting better reviews than "Big Dog," his new movie with Robin WIlliams.

"Suicide note found on former reality show contestant Ryan Jenkins's computer." We're just grateful it was found before the computer could harm itself.

Picture: worth a thousand words.
"Kelly Osbourne shows off burned armpits": six words.
Avoiding the photo saves me 994 words to use elsewhere. Bonus: they now no longer have to be "ew, gross," and other similar expressions.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 6, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Nicole, I hope you sue the heck out of the paps. They are risking people's lives for money, taking some of theirs is the only way to get through to them.

Madonna, so sad that the lawsuit over the pictures lasted longer than the marriage.

Doesn't matter if Letterman is telling the whole story. Blackmail is simple. Did the bad guy ask for money to keep quiet about whatever letterman did? Yes. What Letterman wanted kept quiet is actually irrelevant.

Posted by: epjd | October 6, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Jon and Kate are incapable of making sound financial decisions? I'm shocked, shocked I say.

Speaking of being shocked, how are the Backstreet Boys still touring? Did I enter the world of Lost and travel back to 1998?

Also, when I'm 34 I hope I'm never in a group that still refers to itself as boys.

byoolin beat me to the punch on Simon Cowell.

Let me guess, Antonio Banderas' neighborhood determined that his villa was, how you say, "too sexy"?

If there is anyone who knows how to work with nuts, it would have to be Levi Johnson.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 6, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

After reading ep, had to re-read why Nicole gets to sue the paps. Sorry she was injured. The paps have clearly crossed the line from reporting the "news" to being the news. In case anyone who was alive when Princess Di was killed didn't know that.

Hope the Swiss already have Roman's one-way ticket to San Quentin.

Elvis' grandson. Inevitable. Guess we should be grateful Lisa Marie decided not to go into he family business.

Nancy Grace must be short on targets of opportunity.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 6, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hardikkotecha99 | October 6, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Anne Heche refuses to introduce children to her mother.

Sounds like Annie's saner than her mom.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 6, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Uh oh. Heidi Klum & Seal already renewed their vows, now she's changing her last name? Trouble in paradise ...

Levi Johnston is right up there with the Kartrashians, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, and anything to do with the Palins in the please-go-away category, but I have to admit I do like the "now he does it with protection" line. Clever.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 6, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I have to wonder why anytime the Polanski case is mentioned, it is "he had sex with a 13-year-old girl". The media is making it sound consensual, when in fact, she said no. Repeatedly. Why is it not being called what it is -- rape?

Posted by: Californian11 | October 6, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Cali11, Totally missed that on Heidi and Seal. Too bad. I like Seal.

Levi Johnston is the new Tom Arnold. Except Arnold can actually act. Maybe Johnston can get a co-host gig for a talk show, with Heincer.

The media has gotten worse about not calling anything what it is. They mostly go by the last thing they read on the web.
Also Roman is a Great Artist, and therefore one must be careful not to alienate his following by, say, telling the truth.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 6, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

And Mags, the spandex overhauls suck. I real clothes, you're actually cute.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 6, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Poor Jon - he should have hired Nancy Grace to represent him....

Posted by: anonymouslurker | October 6, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

anon: SPLOOT! all over my keyboard and screen.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 6, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

"Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell diagnosed with Swine Flu" -- NO! Not Brian! Why couldn't it have been Howie D. or that Carter kid? Life is so UNFAIR!

Hmmm. A Backstreet Boy has the flu. Why, I think I hear a song coming on. . . .

"EVERYBODY"
Everybody (Yeah)
Feeling snotty? (Yeah)
Everybody, rest your body right
Swine flu’s back, alright (alright)

Oh my God, don’t have to ask
Brothers, sisters, everybody – mask!
Got the sanitizer, show you how
Wash with soap and water, better lather now, yeah

Is it transmittable? (Yeah-ah)
Will my nose start to run? (Yeah-ah)
Am I susceptible? (Yeah-ah)
Is there more I need to know?
You better isolate – just go!

Everybody (Yeah)
Wracks your body? (Yeah)
Everybody, rest your body right
Swine flu’s back, alright (alright)

Now wring your hands up toward the sky
Wave them around ‘til you get them dry
If you wan’ be healthy don’t you touch doorknobs
‘Cause the flu is here, don’t be a slob, yeah

Does it bring fever too? (Yeah-ah)
Can I die from flu? (Yeah-ah)
Is there a vaccine due? (Yeah-ah)
Is there more I need to know?
Avoid a quarantine – now go!

Everybody (Yeah)
Feeling snotty? (Yeah)
Everybody, rest your body right
Swine flu’s back, alright (alright)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 6, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Hasn't the Jon & Kate train wreck inexplicably banked oodles of money for no good reason? What happened to all of that, which should have been used to raise all those kids they chose to have? Makes me sick to think they will whine bankruptcy and exploit their children further to get yet MORE money for nothing, which they won't use for the kids either. Aaargh!

Posted by: Californian11 | October 6, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Californian, I wonder that myself. I mean that bank account supposedly had more in it that a lot of families make in a year. Yet they can't pay their bills? Hmmmmmmm.

Those kids need a guardian ad litem pdq.

Posted by: epjd | October 6, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

ep, cali, it takes a lot money to constantly get one's hair done and to buy Ed Hardy shirts and party in Vegas.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 6, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse