Posted at 8:48 AM ET, 11/20/2009

Demi Moore denies hip-hiding airbrush job; Oprah announces end to talk show run

By Liz Kelly

Five weeks after giving birth, Heidi Klum walks the runway at Thursday's Victoria's Secret fashion show in New York. (Getty Images)
Friday

Headlines: Oprah set to announce an end to her 25-year syndicated talk show run... Demi Moore denies her hip was airbrushed out of magazine cover... Susan Boyle album sets Amazon's pre-order record... Levi Johnston invited to join "Dancing with the Stars"... Kate Moss blasted for saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"... Courtenay Semel says she never dated Lindsay Lohan... Tila Tequila blames naked meltdown on ex... Sting describes his ghostly encounter... U.K. couple claims Michael Jackson's face showed up in the ultrasound of their 20-week-old fetus... James Caan files for divorce... James Van Der Beek, too.

Pix: Suri Cruise gets her shop on.

Video: Jon Gosselin talks to Rabbi Shmuley Boteach about not feeling "loved" or "respected as a spiritual leader" in his home. [Via beliefnet]

Rumor Mill: OMG! James Franco caught texting in an awkward situation?! (Reminder: Franco makes his "General Hospital" debut today)... Neighbors sick of noisy Paris Hilton and Doug Reinhardt... Lindsay Lohan's Ungaro gig in jeopardy?... Miley Cyrus dresses up as Julia Roberts's "Pretty Woman" character to celebrate 17th birthday... Madonna wears bullet-proof vest to visit Rio shantytown... Mariah Carey flew her personal vet from L.A. to New York to help dog deliver puppies... J.Lo and Marc Anthony's dog attacks stewardess.

Say What?
"She is an amazing woman. She will always be the queen of daytime television and she also said she is leaving me all of her money. I was like, thanks Oprah, thank you." -- Ellen DeGeneres reacts to the Oprah news.

By Liz Kelly  | November 20, 2009; 8:48 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Twits: Chris Kattan, Shaquille O'Neal, Tracy Morgan
Next: An all-star lineup of Oprah replacements

Comments

In this economy I hope Oprah made sure she had enough in her retirement account before she announced she was quitting.

Dawson, it might be a bit too late to get Joey back this time. (I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over...)

Miley wasn't dressing up, she was getting ready for her post-Disney career.

Kate Moss blasted for saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"...To which Kirstie Alley says "You've obviously never eaten bacon."

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 20, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Oprah's ending her syndicated talk show? I haven't felt this good since the Berlin Wall fell. (But where will lemmings learn what books to read?)

Way to show that Disney image, there, Miley. (Psst, hon? She played a hooker in that movie. Honest!) If you were taking a cue from Julia, I'd've gone the "Steel Magnolias" route myself. Well, Shelby died, yes. But still.

I have this image of Kevlar Madonna walking down the street singing, "Won't you take me to -- Shanty-TOWN?"

Why do I think the Sting story involves him and Trudy at the German adult club doing some tantric thing under a white sheet with two eye holes cut out?

Tracks on Susan Boyle's upcoming CD include, "Back in Black," "Copacabana," "Devil Went Down to Georgia," "Free Bird," "Let's Wait Awhile," "Marrakesh Express," "P.Y.T.," and "White Rabbit." (Hey, I can dream.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 20, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

"Madonna wears bullet-proof vest to visit Rio shantytown... "

It wasn't a bullet-proof vest, it was an exo-skeleton for keeping her scary bony body together.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 20, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

If you look closely at the Demi more hip thingy, it looks totally edited. proportions are wrong, there are straight line edges that don't line up, etc...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 20, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

You know LTL, I'll always volunteer to do an up close study of Demi's hips and lines.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 20, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Demi's comment was simply quoted wrong. She meant to say it wasn't JUST her hip that was airbrushed.

Posted by: jaybbub | November 20, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Truly, I loathe JLo and Skeletor. And now I have even more reason to do so. Happy day!

Posted by: jaybbub | November 20, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I'm sending my Friday lurve to Lisa Niemi, Mrs. The Swayze, just because.

Posted by: jaybbub | November 20, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Demi needs to heed the wisdom of that great philosopher, Shakira: "Hips don't lie."

To that end, you can always do what Heidi does: disguise them with tulle puffballs. It's cheaper than lipo.

"Mariah Carey flew her personal vet from L.A. to New York to help dog deliver puppies... J.Lo and Marc Anthony's dog attacks stewardess."
- Too bad Mariah Carey's vet wasn't on J.Lo and Marc A's plane.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 20, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Ah dorkus, your willingness to sacrifice for g*d and country is admirable. Of course, noble person that I am, I'd offer to do the same for Viggo, Johnny or Hugh...

It's funny, I think Demi is a total hottie, just be honest chica, thats all we want. We get that everyone is doing it, it's ok if you do to...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 20, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Suri Cruise has an assistant? I sure hope that my kids don't read this!

Posted by: Ebola_22039 | November 20, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

"Kate Moss blasted for saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"...To which Kirstie Alley says 'You've obviously never eaten bacon.'" (Dorkus)

Kate Moss is being criticized for what my Weight Watcher leader told us to use as a mantra over 10 years ago.

It's working better for Kate than for me.

Posted by: mat00 | November 20, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

PS - as I count down the weeks (3+) til little Lurker makes his arrival, I have to say, I don't know that there are enough tull puffballs in the world to make me look as good as Heidi 5 weeks post delivery...

PS what's with the 'how fast can I look like my pregnancy was taken care of by a surrogate' competition anyway? Pretty soon they are going to get to the point of - 'Look at Halle Berry's bikini ready body - the baby is still in the birth canal but she's ready for the beaches of Rio'...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 20, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Nice career trajectory there to Miley. First it was just pole dancing, not you are into hooking.

Why is Levi Johnston famous? All he had was unprotected sex. There wasn't even a tape of it (for which we are all eternally grateful).

Posted by: epjd | November 20, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

James Caan, James Van Der Beek and James Franco - I'm suddenly happy to not be married to a James today.

Posted by: JLRGG | November 20, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

ep-
Why is Levi Johnston famous? All he had was unprotected sex.

I believe this is the entirety of TLC's programming philosophy.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 20, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the anti-PC'ers, and even a few tr0lls, nobody calls them "stewardesses" any more, except for the "adult" film industry. They are flight attendants. I mean, I know the Daily News did, but I thought you had more class.

Usually when the dog gets trained, the owners do too, and based on "past behavior" of JLo and MA, that's a pretty good idea.

Speaking of class, I thot DWTS had more class than that, but it appears you called it right as early as last season.

Tila, sounds like your ex-bf is not the only one on drugs.

Where did Heidi get all those cockapoos, and how did she get them to be quiet while suspended from their leashes?

At least Madge GOES to shanty towns.

Liz, I need to talk to you about Mr. Liz and the telenovelas. I think he watches them for same reason guys watch "Ghost Whisperer." Lisa de Moraes can fill you in.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 20, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 20, 2009 11:18 AM

There's a predominance of 'shoes' on the telenovelas?

Posted by: jes11 | November 20, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Suri looks like a teeny, tiny adult.

Weird. and not cute.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 20, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Amelia-
Suri looks like a teeny, tiny adult.

So I guess she takes after her father then.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 20, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Jes11, The telenovelas could all be set in the Grand Tetons.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 20, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

You can't keep a good man down. Michael Jackson, either.

Posted by: kabuki3 | November 20, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Good point Dorkus!

But Suri still looks creepy to me. Almost like those dolls of Michael Jackson.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 20, 2009 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Raise your hand if you're totally sick of Princess Suri and think she's gonna be the next Paris Hilton (albeit a much better-looking one).

Go Miley! First pole-dancing, now dressing up as a hooker. Always good to plan for her future career(s) at the tender age of 17.

"It's working better for Kate than for me." That's because Kate's diet secret involves coke and who knows what other drugs, mat00.

Why is anyone listening to a cokehead model anyway?

"Why is Levi Johnston famous? All he had was unprotected sex." The same could be said for Paris Hilton and the Kartrashians.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 20, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Courtenay Semel says she never dated Lindsay Lohan...

I would like to set the record straight, I have never dated Lindsay Lohan either.

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 20, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Oh, but I would date Heidi Klum (and Seal if necessary). I just think she's awesome.

LTL, if you breastfeed, the weight will come right off (assuming you aren't living on cookies and/or bacon). Also, try to take a walk everyday, if you can, as that will be good for your body and your mind. I know whereof I speak.

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 20, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Just for the record, EYE have never dated any of the celebs (or commenters) in today's chat. In fact, there is only one or two I'd even think about requesting a Kitchen Pass on.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 20, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

If that's Sting, he's channeling Kenneth Branagh.

What Kate Moss *meant* to say is, "Nothing tastes as good as a three-day coke high." Tila Tequila concurs. And while Lindsay Lohan might date it, Courtenay Semel (who?) will continue to deny all knowledge of a relationship.

Posted by: northgs | November 20, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

That story about James Franco texting is wet-your-pants funny!!

Posted by: Californian11 | November 20, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Sting: "When you live in old houses you get this energy there. Intellectually, no I don't believe in them (ghosts), but I've experienced them on an emotional level."

Put down the booze 'ere, Stingo. I live in an old house too, but rather than "energy," I get noisy plumbing and a regular need to call a plasterer.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 20, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I just got around to making myself watch the Jon Gosselin clip. Could the man be any more self-centered? He felt his wife wasn't giving him enough attention and making him feel appreciated?!?!?!? It doesn't seem to have occurred to him that her having 8 small children to cope with might put a damper on that. In addition, I've yet to hear him describe anything that he ever did to make her feel appreciated or that he saw her as his wife and his lover, not just the mother of their children.

Posted by: Harrisburg1 | November 23, 2009 8:49 PM | Report abuse

20$ wholesale nfl mlb nhl nba jerseys(accept paypal credit card) (http://www.nflshops.us)

accept paypal credit card online store homepage:http://www.nflshops.us/
FASHION CLOTHING,JERSEY,NFL WASHINGTON REDSKINS,NFL TENNESSEE TITANS,NFL-ST LOUIS RAMS,NLF-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS,NFL-SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS,NFL-SAN DIEGO CHARGERS,NFL-PITTSBURGH STEELERS,NFL-PHILADELPHIA EAGLES,NFL OKLANDRAIDERS,NFL-MINNESOTA VIKINGS,NFL MIAMI DOLPHINS,NFL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS,NFL-DENVER BRONCOS,NFL DALLAS COWBOYS,NFL CLEVELAND BROWNS,NFL CINCINNATI BENGALS,NFL CHICAGO BEARS,NFL CAROLINA PANTHERS,NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS,NFL ATLANTA FALCONS,NFL ARIZOA CARDINALS,
NFL NEW YOUK JETS,NFL GREEN BAY PACKERS,

www.nflshops.us
www.nflshops.us

Posted by: nikejordans1 | November 25, 2009 7:48 AM | Report abuse

UGG New Coming Fashion Winter Boots Model:UGG winter boots Size: Woman: US:5.5-6.5-7-8-8.5 UK:3-4-4.5-5.5-6 ER:36-37-38-39-40 1.Packing:All the shoes brand new comes with Original box,tag and with retro card 2.Qty: No Minimum order requirement,We accept Both Wholesale /Retail/Dropshipping 3.Delivery time: 4-6 working days 4.Ship: Worldwide Welcome to our website: HTTP://www.fashiongoods.us for more products, you can mix styles,color and sizes as you want,Contact us ,and we will give you best price to start the business

www.fashiongoods.us