Posted at 8:37 AM ET, 11/10/2009

J.Lo blocks distribution of sex movie; Emma Thompson's name coming off Polanski petition

By Liz Kelly

Kelly Preston and John Travolta, along with daughter Ella Bleu, arrive at the premiere of 'Old Dogs' Monday in Hollywood. All three co-star in the film. (Reuters)
Tuesday

Headlines: Judge blocks Jennifer Lopez's ex from distributing sex movie... Emma Thompson's name to be removed from Roman Polanski petition... Joe Jackson accuses Jackson estate administrators of fraud... John Travolta breaks his silence about son's death... Madonna planning "humanitarian" trip to Brazil... Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri back together... Gwyneth Paltrow to play Nicole Kidman's wife in upcoming film... Ashlee Simpson to join cast of "Chicago" on Broadway... Jane Fonda says sex is better at 71... Tiffani Thiessen expecting first baby in May... Kareem Abdul-Jabbar battling leukemia... Oprah settles "aha moment" dispute with insurance company.

Pix: K-Fed losing weight thanks to "Celebrity Fit Club"?... Too much plastic surgery for Rupert Everett?... Suri Cruise, cutie pie.

Crime Watch: Justin Timberlake granted restraining order against overzealous fan... Katt Williams arrested for alleged burglary.

Rumor Mill: Former assistant claims Lindsay Lohan is suicidal (we know this because Michael Lohan taped his phone conversations with her)... Tom Cruise moving to San Francisco to spearhead Scientology expansion?... Jon Gosselin to countersue TLC for $5M... Stripper takes polygraph in an attempt to prove claims she slept with Josh Duhamel... Carrie Prejean claims touchy-feely pageant official pressured her into boob job... Pam Anderson's manager asks photogs at Miami event to only shoot her with shadow-eliminating flash.

Say What?
"Now, are you coming back to 'Harry Potter'?" -- "The View's" Whoopi Goldberg to Sir Ian McKellan (who, ummm, was never in any Potter movies)

Bonus: "Mad Men's" Joan Holloway paper doll (aka Christina Hendricks)!

By Liz Kelly  | November 10, 2009; 8:37 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Monday List: Celebs Who Should Join Twitter
Next: Photo: Goldie Hawn, out to sea or out to lunch?

Comments

The judge clearly acted too hastily. First he should have consulted a panel of JLo expert volunteers to view the movie.

Joe Jackson apparently subscribes to the theory that if you talk long enough and often enough, someone will pay you to STFU.

I thought all of Madge's trips were humanitarian. Wait, that's Angie.

Although she's controversial, (and not a Latina) I would still do Jane Fonda.

Oprah's next move will be to license the letter "O." Sesame Street will owe back royalties.

Free Suri Cruise.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 10, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Sherri Sheparhdism is contagious. Poor Whoopi. Hopefully, medical science finds a cure soon.

Joe Jackson, refusing to give you any money from the estate is not fraud.

Good for Emma Thompson. Now let all those other signers follow suit.

Ashlee Simpson in Chicago. Hopefully, she is playing a piece of furniture. Although even that may be beyond her "talents."

Posted by: epjd | November 10, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Suri's looking less cute to me. Now she just seems cute like all other children - not super-cute.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 10, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Oprah settles "aha moment" dispute with insurance company.
-Said Oprah "I told the insurance company to take on me, but apparently they didn't want to take me on."

Notice that the article didn't say that Katie Holmes was also moving to San Fransisco.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 10, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

That judge must have seen "Gigli".

"Joe Jackson accuses Jackson estate administrators of fraud." Since it worked so well yesterday: just once, I want one of these to be about the guy in the middle of the infamous Black Sox scandal.

Madonna's "humanitarian" trip to Brazil: does handing out remaindered copies of "Sex" to the Yanomami people count?

Ashlee Simpson in "Chicago" on Broadway. This will no doubt confuse sister Jessica, who thought Broadway was in New York.

Jane Fonda says sex is better at 71. Byoolin says Jane has dyslexia.

Every time I see the headline "Katt Williams arrested" I can't help but think, "The Greatest American Hero? No!"

"Stripper takes polygraph in an attempt to prove claims she slept with Josh Duhamel."
Then she'll be able to wear that "I Slept With Josh Duhamel And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" t-shirt she had printed up.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 10, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I thought the same thing re: Katie Holmes and SanFran. Maybe Wee Tom is inching a toenail out of the closet after all these years?

And, well, the Travolta clan looks great. What a lovely young woman!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 10, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

It's ok, Whoopi. I get Sir Ian McKellan and Dame Maggie Smith confused all the time.

"Judge blocks Jennifer Lopez's ex from distributing sex movie..." --Add the rest of her movies and my faith will be restored in American jurisprudence.

"Madonna planning 'humanitarian' trip to Brazil..." --One person's orphanage for boys is another person's future paramour recruitment center.

"Gwyneth Paltrow to play the wife of transexual Nicole Kidman's wife in upcoming film." --Someone bought the movie rights to GOOP?

"Tom Cruise moving to San Francisco to spearhead Scientology expansion?..." --Just you wait. He'll finally have a successful "book and bottle session" while talking to the San Andreas Fault and you'll all be sorry you ever doubted him.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 10, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Heard that Jesus's family contending the adoption by Madonna so she is going to build a new school. Or else "humanitarian" is code for !Carnival!

Posted by: hodie | November 10, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Considering the rumors about Wee Tom over the years maybe moving to San Francisco to 'spearhead' anything is not such a good idea?

Posted by: jes11 | November 10, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Byoo - Katt William has me always thinking about 'The Greatest American Hero' too... And the theme song's been stuck in my head ever since.

Because I am a kind and sharing person, and so the rest of you can feel my pain.....

Believe it or not I'm walkin on air
I never thought I could feel so free -ee-ee
Flyin away on a wing and a prayer,
Who could it beeeeeee

Believe it or not it's just meeeee

Let the arrow's begin to fly :)

Posted by: LTL1 | November 10, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Which, by the way, immediately takes me to the Seinfeld episode where George leaves the message on his answering machine (remember what those were?) to the theme of The Greatest American Hero:

Believe it or not George isn't at home
Please leave a message at the beep
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone
Where could I beeeeee
Believe it or not I am not hooooommmmeeee

Posted by: LTL1 | November 10, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

By the way - any one else notice that this page's title is Jlo_blocks_distribution_of_sex?

I mean, who would want those kind of 'G*d' powers in Jlo's hands? Is this a biproduct of being married to Skellator? I mean looking at that, waiting proper nakkid in bed for you, and you'd want to block it's distribution too.

And can those powers be used selectively or is it an all or nothing sort of thing? Like could Jlo just block say the three horseman of the apocolypse (Mr. Lohan, Mr Gosslin and Mr. Pratt) or once the power has been used, we are all doomed???

Posted by: LTL1 | November 10, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

How does JLo plan to block people from seeing the tape? Does she plan to place her ample butt between the video and the viewer?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 10, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Is Madonna's Brazil trip timed for Ash Wednesday, so she can repent and return to Jesus? Or is she hoping for another Easter resurrection?

Look out, Papa Joe Jackson, Jermaine Dupri apparently also smells MJ money.

Posted by: northgs | November 10, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Fraud, huh? "Milking dead son after abusing him as a child" probably doesn't fall into the legal definition of fraud, does it, one of our many lawyers on this blog?

When oh when will celebs stop making sex tapes. Definition of insanity: repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result.

Suri may be as cute as a bug's ear, but I have a feeling she is going to be absolutely unbearable when she gets older. Princess complex with a sense of entitlement bigger than her dad's shoe lifts.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 10, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Ooooh, Rupert Everett! You used to be so smokin'! This is truly tragic.

I'm sure there's a diva-licious joke somewhere in the concept of Goopy Paltrow and Nicole Iceberg Kidman starring together in a movie - can anyone help me?

Posted by: jaybbub | November 10, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Oprah settles "aha moment" dispute with insurance company. In a related story, Harpo Enterprises said it has retained marketing rights to the phrase, "It's all about the O." A Harpo spokeswoman had no comment on whether Harpo plans to retain marketing rights for the phrase, "Do what the fat b*t*h says."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 10, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Jello sex sounds kinda cold.

Posted by: kabuki3 | November 10, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I love you and your blog very much. However, is it possible for you to stop reporting on Suri Cruise? (In other words, do we really need to know when a small child is wearing shiny leggings? Or "rocking" high heels? I think not.)

I'm not trying to sound snarky, I am just tired of seeing Suri news and/or news about other celebs' children.

Posted by: Caitlin41282 | November 10, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse