Posted at 8:29 AM ET, 11/ 9/2009

Joe Jackson wants monthly stipend from Michael's estate; Chris Brown says beating details should've been kept 'private'

By Liz Kelly
Monday

Headlines: Joe Jackson wants monthly stipend from Michael's estate... Rihanna describes emotional scars following assault; Chris Brown says details should have been kept "private"... Susan Boyle to perform on "Dancing with the Stars"... Could Suzanne Somers actually cause cancer?... Paris Hilton upset about New Zealand billboards... Usher and Tameka Foster officially divorced... Jon Gosselin and Levi Johnston meet, world keeps turning... Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith after 40 years... James Woods sues hospital over 2006 death of his younger brother... Assistant Taylor Jacobson leaves Rachel Zoe's employment.

Pix: John Hamm in high school.

Video: Taylor's Swift's "SNL" monologue...

More: Miley Cyrus says she's never heard a Jay-Z song, advises toddler on nail polish usage.

Crime Watch: David Letterman's accused extortionist due in court Tuesday... Judge okays plea deal for Joe Francis in tax evasion, bribery convictions.

Rumor Mill: Did Tom Cruise offer to "beat the living [expletive]" out of disobedient Scientologists?... Michael Lohan tried to sell Lilo phone tapes for $100K... Eddie Cibrian files suit over magazine's cheating claims.

Say What?
"If you're shocked that Britney was lip-syncing at her concert and want your money back, life may continue to be hard for you." -- John Mayer comments on complaints that Spears lip-synched during the Australian leg of her Circus tour.

By Liz Kelly  | November 9, 2009; 8:29 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tom Cruise. Scientology. Need I say more?
Next: Monday List: Celebs Who Should Join Twitter

Comments

No, Chris Brown. Wrong. The details are not private. Beating someone is a crime against the state, as well as against the individual. Those details are in fact, public - not private.

And stop, stop consulting Polanski for your legal advice!

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 9, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I can see why Paris is upset about those NZ billboards... but they're funny.

It appears that Steven Tyler is going through "change of life." Perhaps Suzanne can help him out?

Posted by: northgs | November 9, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

From looking at that picture, I would say Steven Tyler is actually embalmed, which may have lead to quitting.

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | November 9, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Chris, you want privacy? Don't commit a crime. They are called public records for a reason.

Joe, the Will was pretty explicit as to beneficiaries of the trust. Maybe you should have been nicer to the cash cow.

Somehow, I don't see Wee Tom threatening to beat someone up as much of a threat. Suri can take him easily, let alone a grown person.

As for Aerosmith. Dude just walks.

Posted by: epjd | November 9, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

In this instance John Mayer is correct. That's the problem w/John, usually a tool but occasional pearls of wisdom.

I liked Taylor's monologue. There I said it.

Posted by: jes11 | November 9, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, New Zealand billboard using Paris Hilton's image to say 'this space for rent', what could be more appropriate?

Posted by: jes11 | November 9, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

The Scientology stuff is starting to sound like a script for a movie. Slaves kept in underground punishment holes in CA. Gross. Why is wee Tom involved in this?

And all those rumors about Katie having to concentrate on losing weight, etc. before her wedding to wee Tom is starting to sound more sinister - since apparently the $cientology experience includes huge amounts of exercise, combined with something to remove "toxins???" AND multiple hours in a sauna.

Has there been any criminal investigations in CA into human rights abuses? It all sounds appalling.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 9, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Interesting how when Chris Brown was talking about his childhood and the abuse therein, it was ok for it to be public. So what exactly makes this different?

Posted by: LTL1 | November 9, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Re: Joe Jackson, Chris Brown and John Mayer: It's been said here already, and better than I could. Dammit, John Mayer, stop being so witty! I can't keep thinking of you as a d-bag!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 9, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Oh, John Mayer, SNAP! But you know it pains us to give you big ups, knowing what a louse you are.

I don't know what to say about Chris Brown other than that he can kiss my big white a$$. No sympathy, no patience, no love for men who beat women. It's that simple.

And the image of Wee Tom beating ANYONE is slaying me! Very entertaining.

Posted by: jaybbub | November 9, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

While the jury is still out on whether Suzanne Somers causes cancer, she has been known to cause headache, flushing, dyspepsia, nasal congestion and impaired vision, nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, cyanopsia, in addition to priapism, severe hypotension, myocardial infarction (heart attack), ventricular arrhythmias, stroke, increased intraocular pressure, and sudden hearing loss.

(Dr. hodie could probably tell you what drug those actually came from.)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 9, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

"Joe Jackson wants monthly stipend from Michael's estate." Just once, I want one of these to be about the guy who wrote "Is She Really Going Out With Him?"

Chris Brown, maybe the next time you hit your girlfriend you'll end up in prison and you'll have all the privacy you want. Except in the shower, natch.

Susan Boyle to perform on "Dancing with the Stars"; Sharon Osbourne to host live tv special in which she watches DWTS and asks, "Now do you see what I meant?" (Special guests: Kelly Osbourne, Melissa Rivers, LiLo & Donatella Versace.)

"Could Suzanne Somers actually cause cancer?" Thanks for nothing, ThighMaster.

"Usher and Tameka Foster officially divorced." More proof that one should never hook up with an usher at a wedding.

"Did Tom Cruise offer to "beat the living [expletive]" out of disobedient Scientologists?" That's not an offer, that's an wildly optimistic over-estimate of his abilities.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 9, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Dear Liz,

Today's link to John Hamm (even mini-Jon Hamm) was great. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: Roxie1 | November 9, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I caught the first ten minutes of a Kathy Griffin special before I could find the remote and she had a hilarious riff on Britney's lip-synching. Basically, Brit just puts on one of her CDs and starts dancing.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 9, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

That is hilarious. Everytime I see his name "Breaking Us in Two" pops into my head.

Posted by: jcm4 | November 9, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

"Jon Gosselin and Levi Johnston meet, world keeps turning..." That's only two out of three horsemen. The third horseman was too busy trying "to sell Lilo phone tapes for $100K."

"Susan Boyle to perform on 'Dancing with the Stars'" - What sort of dance would you do to "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miz?

"Miley Cyrus says she's never heard a Jay-Z song." - Meantime, Jay-Z has ordered up one of those S-tologist "book and bottle" sessions or at least a Tom Cruise beatdown so that he can say the same.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 9, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise, Chris Brown. Chris Brown, Tom Cruise. You two might be able to make a deal...

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 9, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

people like Joe Jackson = why there are wills

Echo all the "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" comments re Chris Brown. Wait---he didn't do time...

Paris apparently doesn't subscribe to the saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity, whereas Suzanne Somers does.

I can't open the Taylor Swift video, and missed SNL this week, but I'm assuming it's a tribute to Kanye West.

Miley advises toddler on nail polish, instead of the usual other way around.

Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibran have had enough going on to make a good double country album. If they still made albums.

Just think how many complaints the Aussies would have if Britney DIDN'T lipsynch.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 9, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Twice now I've misread "David Letterman's cartoonist due in court Tuesday."

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 9, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Questions:

Is there any truth to the rumor that Steven Tyler plans to co-star with Keith Richards in a re-make of "Night of the Living Dead"?

If Tom Cruise beats the living crap out of a wayward Scientologist, what is left, other than a pile of clothes on top of a pair of shoes? Or, is there a substance called "dead crap"?

Joe Jackson wants $15K a month from his son's estate. Is that to cover the psychoterapy as he deals with his abusive beahvior? Is is for drugs? Gambling? Women? A combination of all the above? Or is it merely to pay people to kiss his big black behind?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 9, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Oh, I forgot:

Props to Byoo' for mentioning the >other< Joe Jackson.

Props to Dorkus for an excellent recitation of the conditions that Suzanne Somers may cause. However, Dorkus, I think that Suzanne is long past the time when she could be cited as a cause for priapism. If Suzanne Somers gives you a 4-hour woodie, you could be a Scientologist.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 9, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

dorkus, you missed the symptom of erections longer than 4hrs.

If there is one thing I can teach you about the Suzanne Sommers story, it is natural, organic etc does not equal safe.

For anyone who doubted whether Chris Brown's apology was sincere or not, there you have it.. I agree with whomever suggested letting Wee Tom take a crack at him.

Yeah, let Steven Tyler retire. "Love in an Elevator" just no longer has the appeal it once did and pretty soon, he will no longer be able to "walk this way".

Posted by: hodie | November 9, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

The only thing Wee Tom is capable of beating is Tom's Wee.

Posted by: jelo97 | November 9, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Joe Jackson, milking his dead son's estate. There's a shocker.

That Paris Hilton billboard is hilarious!! I wish we could get away with stuff like that here in the States.

Nail polish? Toddlers? What's next, pole-dancing lessons for kindergardeners?

The Wee Tom item sounds like it shouldn't be in the Rumor Mill. Would anyone be surprised if it were true ... ?

Posted by: Californian11 | November 9, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

After reading that Cruise article from Friday I can't help but picture him like a shrunken Daffy Duck going ballistic at everyone trying to take his treasure yet being able to do nothing!!LOL!!

The good thing about anti-$cientology articles are that they have links to links to links from everything from their children's schools (a huuuge joke & to call them a school is a stretch) to other disgruntled member's blogs & boards. I've killed hours just following links from that article on Friday.

There's some good anti-$cientolocrap out there.

Posted by: wadejg | November 9, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I know it's cranky-sounding, but I must have sent this comment 10 times before. Can you please spell Jon Hamm's name correctly?

Posted by: koenigeducation | November 9, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I think we all pretty much won the over/under for how long it would take for Joe Jackson to try for his cut of his grandchildren's money. What a sc*mbag.

Paris Hilton should be delighted that Australians are familiar enough with her image to get the joke.

Aerosmith was my first big rock concert when I was a kid and I was a HUGE Steven Tyler fan, but I'd say retirement is a good idea.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 9, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

The Jon Gosselin, Levi Johnston pic would be a good one for a captioning contest. I'll start " Aww, look, twins."

Posted by: hodie | November 9, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Normally I don't pay much attention to JLo, but I have to say I feel sympathy for her. What a twit her ex-husband is to try to make money off their marriage of a whole 11 months. That said: when oh when will celebs learn to not make sex tapes?!!? (Or, I guess it could be said, marry backup dancers)

Posted by: Californian11 | November 9, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

joe jackson wants a monthly stipend? lol.. no problem. i'd give him 5 cents a month.. BUT, i would make that ugly piece of sh* bark like a dog for it... michael was a gay pedophile, and this entire world is better off without him, but his father was a loser from day one. people always think they are owed. sorry joe. you lose.

Posted by: AuthoritativeAuthoritarian | November 10, 2009 12:41 AM | Report abuse