Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 11/12/2009

Jon Voight reconciles with Angelina Jolie; Mike Tyson punches out paparazzo

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Jon Voight says he's reconciled with daughter Angelina Jolie... Jon Gosselin claims TLC violated child labor laws... U.K. TV station hosts live Michael Jackson seance... Taylor Swift named CMA entertainer of the year | Gallery... In newly-released audio, Dina Lohan says daughter Lindsay was cutting herself... Sharon Osbourne apologizes for calling Susan Boyle "ugly"... Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag returning to "Today" for round two with Al Roker... Tara Reid takes it all off for Playboy.

Pix: Mel Gibson's new daughter... Kristen Stewart at London's "New Moon" premiere.

Crime Watch: Mike Tyson arrested for punching paparazzo... Lawyer says accused extortionist was just trying to give David Letterman right of first refusal for movie screenplay.

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie planning to adopt seventh child from Syria, claims tabloid... Amy Winehouse addicted to table tennis?... Cirque du Soleil wants to stage a Michael Jackson-centric show.

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat. Then, depending on your level of commitment, stick around for the "Lost" Hour at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | November 12, 2009; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Another day, another rat jumps off the USS Lindsay Lohan
Next: Can Jon Gosselin turn back time?

Comments

Jon Gosselin claims child labor laws broken. Kate says "I'll show you child labor. Try giving birth to sextuplets."

Dina way to show you are not the better parent. There are still minor children. Can a judge please modify custody so that neither parent gets custody?

Jon Voight says he has reconciled with Angelina. Angelina was too busy adopting a child from Syria to be reached for comment.

Posted by: epjd | November 12, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

I think the Mike Tyson incident proves that paparazzi really don't have any brains.

"Hey! There's a former undisputed world heavyweight champion with a history of violence traveling with his wife and infant child! I think he won't mind at all if I take video of him..."

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 12, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

"U.K. TV station hosts live Michael Jackson seance" -- It's close to midnight, and something evil's lurking in the dark . . . oh wait, it's just Amy Winehouse playing ping pong.

"Tara Reid takes it all off for Playboy." -- And from what I've heard about the work she's had done, it'll take more than Photoshop to make it visually appealing. Hef'd better call in a crane and a winch.

"Sharon Osbourne apologizes for calling Susan Boyle 'ugly'." -- Sharon meant to say "she is @#%$#! ugly."

"Angelina Jolie planning to adopt seventh child from Syria, claims tabloid" -- Replied John McEnroe: "You can't be Syrias. You CAN'T be. SYRIA?"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Oh wait, that IS what Sharon Osbourne said originally, isn't it? I knew it sounded familiar. Never mind.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Kristen Stewart! Nice outfit! I had the same one in 3rd grade!

Posted by: MzFitz | November 12, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

If the Jon Voight who says he's reconciled with Angelina Jolie is the same Jon Voight who called Barack Obama "the fellow who's bringing us to chaos and socialism" and who once said of Roseanne Barr that "we can never be surprised at what vile evil comes from the mouth of a confessed victim of child abuse," I might want to wait for independent corroboration from someone who actually lives on the planet Earth.

"Jon Gosselin claims TLC violated child labor laws." Those kids are *so lucky* to have a dad who will step in and protect their rights. Even if it is months after the fact, and even if he, you know, participated in the whole thing.

A "live Michael Jackson seance"? Isn't that just a "phone call"?

"Mike Tyson arrested for punching paparazzo." AND he at least beat his Junior Olympic knockout record time of 8 seconds!

"Angelina Jolie planning to adopt seventh child from Syria." Wait 'til Jon Voight hears about this...

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Kristin Stewart's outfit is ugly, yes, but she really is a pretty girl when she smiles. She should try smiling more often. No need to look so ticked off all the time.

Posted by: newengland1 | November 12, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Considering Jon Gosselin is the biggest child there is, I would say he might have a case at his claim of violation of child labor laws.

Give us a sign, Michael, is that really you? Give us a sign!

I'd have to say if Michael and Dina were my parents I'd probably be stabbing myself in the eye, not just cutting. Poor Lindsey.

Heincer, take the hint....you are definitely low on the food chain (probably literally as well as figuratively) if only Al Roker from Today will talk to you. Even my mother-in-law got to talk to Meridith and Matt.

Agree that I would have though Kristen Stewart would have dressed better for her own movie premiere. Maybe she had plans to go to Chuck E. Cheese's after.

I had always wondered what those white things in Amy's hair was.

Posted by: hodie | November 12, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Is it possible to adopt someone over the age of 18? LiLo seems to desperately need some stable authority figures who don't have the paparazzi on speed-dial. Britney Spears' parents seem to be doing a good job protecting her and keeping her on track; maybe they can bring LiLo into the fold.

Did you see the book Speincer are promoting? "How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture." /dry heaves
Al, can you send these two out for on-the-site weather reports? I know I'd watch a lot more of that silly "Oh look, I'm outside and it's windy and rainy" hurricane coverage if there was the off-chance that I'd get to see one or the both of them brained by a flying traffic sign.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 12, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Hey Kristen Stewart, the Breakfast Club called and they want Ally Sheedy back. Now fix me a turkey pot pie!

Posted by: rachelt2 | November 12, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Susan Boyle *is* ugly though, I don't understand this controversy. Her ugliness in contrast with her singing ability is the reason she's an international star right now. A good-looking woman who can sing like that isn't noteworthy.

I dont really follow the Twilight thing that much, the majority of what I know about Kristen Stewart I gather from the rags in the Harris Teeter checkout lines...

But, is it just me or does she always look like she's smelling a really nasty fart? It's confusing, every picture of her seems to have that expression.

Posted by: VTDuffman | November 12, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

VTDuffman, I don't think Kristen is always smelling a nasty fart, but if does always look like her and Patty-boy have been hitting the wacky-toback-y. all. the. time.

Posted by: Osteph | November 12, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

"Lawyer says accused extortionist was just trying to give David Letterman right of first refusal for movie screenplay."
- Hey, Iron Mike, get this guy's number on the phone because weren't you really trying to get the paparazzo an action shot?

"U.K. TV station hosts live Michael Jackson seance..."
- during which he recommended a plastic surgeon to Susan Boyle

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 12, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Lawyer says accused extortionist was just trying to give David Letterman right of first refusal for movie screenplay. Attorney Gerald Shargel said, "It's nuttin' poisonal. Jus' bidness. My client was makin' Letterman an offer he couldn't refuse. But dat dumb f*** Letterman refused d'offer. So...uh...waddya expect?"

Speakin' o' dumb f***s, that pap is lucky that Mike Tyson had lunch, else he'd be missin' his ears.

Roker's next enounter with Heincer will be a probing interview to ascertain if the couple have one functioning brain between the two of them.

Sharon Osbourne says, "I apologize for calling Susan Boyle ugly. I meant to call her Fugly."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

You guys are on fire today. Can't top, or even add to, anyone. (Hodie rocks.) Hope you left some for the chat this PM.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 12, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

gee thanks, reddragon! (blushing)

Posted by: hodie | November 12, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

VT Duffman - Kristen isn't smelling a fart....Rob is in the same camp as Matthew Mac when it comes to general hygiene...apparently they are both afraid of soap, water and deoderant....

Posted by: irishone | November 12, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Sas, in what alternate universe is any employee of "Today" qualified to conduct a "probing interview" of anybody?

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

-------------------------------------------
Hmmmm...what if the alternate universe Al Roker used a strap-on?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

I can see you've thought this through. Proceed.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Sas, that's starting to sound like a job interview over at Letterman' shop!

Posted by: northgs | November 12, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Hi, Liz! Missed ya this afternoon, hope you're feeling better soon. Been to busy to snark online, but even lurking is a real tonic to the overworked soul, so thanks to the Lizards!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Make that "too busy" (even to check my spelling).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm with Byoolin on the Jon Voight craziness. I am sure if he is allowed to talk with his daughter now, they could not be talking politics.

Posted by: msame | November 12, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Wow, one surfire way NOT to sell magazines is to have Tara Reid pose nude. Do they truly think people want to PAY to see a girl who has (unfortunately) had botched plastic surgery?! Please!

Angelina Jolie possibly adopting again? Yes, dad Jon Voight did indeed have it right when he said she had "serious mental problems." He's totally right - the truth hurts! (P.S. What's the deal with Brad Pitt's goatee looking like that of Johnny Depp's in "Pirates Of The Caribbean"? Is also an influence of Ms. Witch Angelina Jolie?).

Kristen Stewart? She and Joan Jett were separated at birth! (Yes, I know she is playing J.J. in a film).

The Gosselins? ENOUGH of these white trash people!

And forget about table tennis ... Amy Winehouse is supposedly more addicted to her new surgically altered breasts and possibly getting them FURTHER "enhanced."

Lindsay Lohan (supposedly) cutting herself? Yes, I would cut myself too if I had a mother like Dina Lohan.

Posted by: medusa242 | November 12, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse