Posted at 8:03 AM ET, 11/24/2009

Martha Stewart apologizes for dissing Rachael Ray; Brangelina donate $6.4M

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Headlines: Martha Stewart apologizes for dissing Rachael Ray... Brangelina gave $6.4 million to charity in 2008... the same year, Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett-Smith gave $70,000 to Scientology groups... ABC flooded with complaints about Adam Lambert's AMA performance; citing artistic freedom, Lambert remains unapologetic... J.Lo says her AMA fall was intentional... Courteney Cox set to return to "Cougar Town" set... Timbaland cuts Chris Brown from his album... Keith Urban wants daughter Sunday Rose to become a singer... Are you obsessed enough with Robert Pattinson to buy a documentary about Robert Pattinson obsession?... Zac Efron's hair secret: sleep on it wet... Corey Feldman re-ups for another "Lost Boys" sequel... Candy Spelling settles suit with former maid.

Crime Watch: Police chief convicted for stealing from Sarah Jessica Parker's surrogate... Man pleads innocent to taping Erin Andrews nude.

Pix: Lisa Rinna sans makeup... Kristen Stewart sports pot leaf bikini in 2008 pic.

Video: The 10 best celebrity computer ads of the 1980s [AdFreak]...

More: Spencer Pratt frets that wife Heidi Montag is pregnant, in which case, he says the marriage is "game over."

Rumor Mill: Former lawyer wants Jon Gosselin to cough up $43,000 in unpaid fees... Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom buy $4 million home.

Say What?
"Are you serious? You don't recognize me? I'm Miley Cyrus." -- Cyrus's alleged response when asked by an employee at a New York eatery what name to attach to her order.

By Liz Kelly  | November 24, 2009; 8:03 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Overplayed: Levi Johnston's Playgirl moment
Next: Will Jon & Kate really go away?

Comments

One would not expect a competitive capitalist like Martha to warmly welcome the competition. Rachel Ray gets the points for class in this one.

I'm no prude, but if Hollywood types are going to simulate sex (or show off their "shoes") on primetime TV, they deserve whatever criticism they get.

Finally got to see JLo's fall at home last night. I'm willing to kiss it and make it better...

Why would Keith Urban want that for his kid, having personal experience with unwelcome exposure?

Check with Lizard Island Legal, but I don't think you can plead "innocent." You can only plead Not Guilty. All the same, the dude who taped Erin Andrews through the peephole is a total bottom feeder.

Speaking of bottom feeders, I have totally lost all respect I had for Kristen Stewart AND Spencer Pratt. If he leaves Heidi for being preggers, maybe he can hook up with Kristen.

Everyone should remember that Miley is only 17. That would include Miley.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

And to show there is no animosity left between them, Martha introduces Rachel to her broker instructing him to make sure Rachel gets the same deal she did.

Is $70,000 what it costs to attend furniture moving school? When does the Fresh Prince start?

If Glambert's career fizzles, I'm sure Cirque du Solei will pick him up for Zumanity.

Keith, we kind of figured that is what you had in mind when you named her "Sunday Rose", that or you got her name from a fishing boat.

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad Corey Feldman can manage to fit in another Lost boys sequel, what with his busy career and all.

I'm pretty sure most guys aren't paying that much attention to what is on Kristen Stewart's bikini.

J.Lo says her AMA fall was intentional... She was just testing the shocks she just had installed.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 24, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Oh, yeah, JLo, we know you MEANT (wink, wink) to do that. Padding proves useful at times, does it not?

Agree with you reddragon about the Glambert criticism. However, there is a bit of a double standard now. Shakira (I think it was her) and the hundred or so black-clad dancers with her, also simulated sexual acts in their dance but we are so used to it with pole dancing now mainstream for a housewives' aerobics class. It becomes shocking to see a man do the same thing. Still, I think the whole show deserved a PG-13 if not NC-17 rating. At least they put Glambert last when most of the younger kids watching have already gone to bed.

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2009 9:25 AM | Report abuse

No, I'M Miley Cyrus. Little hussy keeps stealing my good name. *humph*

Ahh Spencer, never has someone lived up to their last name as well as you.

Posted by: EricS2 | November 24, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

JLo, honey, I get the same "I meant to do that" look from my cat when she jumps for the countertop and doesn't make it. In her case, she's getting older and losing her spring...

I'm finding it hard to care enough to snark on any of this, but I think I care the least about Corey Feldman doing another "Lost Boys" film.

Lisa Rinna sans makeup is a click too far, and I'm not going there.

Posted by: northgs | November 24, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Another apology, another celebrity dissing match ruined.

"ABC flooded with complaints about Adam Lambert's AMA performance." Are these the same people who complained about Elvis in the '50s, the Beatles in the '60s, KISS in the '70s, Madonna in the '80s, and Lil Kim in the '90s? Just how old ARE these cranks, anyway?

Proofreading note, Liz Kelly: you wrote, "citing artistic freedom, Lambert remains unapologetic..." I think you meant, "citing free publicity," etc., etc.

"Police chief convicted for stealing from Sarah Jessica Parker's surrogate." Sorry, no inside scoop from my Ohio Valley news sources - they've been busy covering Wheeling's Festival of Lights, plus we had the big blood drive yesterday, where you could win a parking spot out the mall.*

"Pix: Lisa Rinna sans makeup." Calendar note, Liz Kelly: Hallowe'en was four weeks ago.

"Kristen Stewart sports pot leaf bikini" - yawn. Come to think of it, "Kristen Stewart sports bikini" - yawn.

"Spencer Pratt frets that wife Heidi Montag is pregnant, in which case, he says the marriage is 'game over.'" It's people like this that make other people start to think that eugenics isn't such a bad idea...

"Former lawyer wants Jon Gosselin to cough up $43,000 in unpaid fees." We learn two things from this sentence: (1)Jon's checks are no good, and (2) he's too cheap to rent a safe deposit box.

Miley, are *you* serious? You don't challenge a New Yorker with that attitude. They'll recognize you, alright. As that tv bimbo whose order got lost, and then when it got found it had spit in it that she didn't even see before she ate it. And whose tv show totally sucks, why don't you f___ off to Jersey or back to Hicksville or wherever the f___ you come from, you little talentless s___.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 24, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

* Not kidding.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 24, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Lisa Rinna is almost normal in that pic, if not a little hungover looking.

It seems Rachel Ray's defense to other celeb criticism is to always take the high road. She never, ever snarks back. I'm no fan, but she sure does come off as the classy one.

Posted by: jelo97 | November 24, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

The question here is, do we think Adam will check out Levi's spread?

That sounded way dirter than I meant it to...

Posted by: Osteph | November 24, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

You know, Spencer should just support gay marriage. Then he won't have to worry about his partner getting pregnant.

I think the key point here in the Corey Feldman news is "another." When was there even ONE Lost Boys sequel. How did I miss such a monumental movie production?

As for Adam Lambert, he does kinda have a point. There were not nearly this many complaints when Madonna kissed Britney.

Posted by: epjd | November 24, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe anyone could make it through that snoozefest of an awards show. If it weren't for Lambert I wouldn't have bothered.

Did anyone else notice that it's become more of the Dancing AMA's rather than the singing & playing your instruments AMAs? Almost every act had a bunch of people dancing with or around them during their performance. Even sweet, little Carrie Underwood was engulfed & occasionally overwhelmed by unnecessary dancers.

I expect JLo to be surrounded by dancers but not Carrie Underwood.

Posted by: wadejg | November 24, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

epjd, I don't think at any time Madonna's head was in Britney's crotch (or vice versa). I think he went a bit too far.

I remember that Shat ad. He had a good toupee. Makes me want to play some serious Asteroids after I finish my multicolor bar chart.

Candy is mad at the MAID now? Or is this another crack at Tori?

Keith could want his daughter to become a perfume or a flower, and Sunday Rose would still be a stupid name. What a doof.

Lisa Rinna looks great. Come clean my house.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

And besides, am I the only person who remembers when the AMAs started as just Dick Clark's obvious and desperate attempt to compete with the Grammies? He must be rolling over in his grave now. (What? He's stil.... OH. Sorry.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

you guys are on fire today.

hodie, you are right about the double standard and the deterioration of what is considered acceptable. we are all becoming the New Yorker "quoted" at the end of byoolin's long post.

ep, just for the record, that is when I was sure Madge was a ho. one who can sing, but still a ho. guess all this makes me one of those cranks.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

"Martha Stewart apologizes for dissing Rachael Ray..."
- The linky no worky for me. So I can only assume that the rumors are true that Martha has someone taste the dog food before feeding it to her dogs. And Nutrish is not all that....

"Brangelina gave $6.4 million to charity in 2008... the same year, Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett-Smith gave $70,000 to Scientology groups..."
- Either Will and Jada are cheap and/or Scientology should work to recruit Brangelina.

"Keith Urban wants daughter Sunday Rose to become a singer..."
- Sunday will be relieved to know that she never has to worry about striving for Justice Sunday Rose Urban or Sergent Major Sunday Rose Urban.

Man pleads innocent to taping Erin Andrews nude.
- I agree that he was innocent to the tape charge. There was absolutely no tape involved-- scotch, masking or duct.

Kristen Stewart sports pot leaf bikini in 2008 pic.
- Punchline 1: and looks far more tasteful than Leighton Meester.
- Punchline 2: in 43 states (?) cops would have a dilemma as to whether to charge her with posession or public exposure.
- Punchline 3: that bikini wouldn't last five seconds in Jamaica.
And for those who wish to play around at home:
- Punchline 4: that bikini wouldn't last five seconds around ____________

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 24, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

reddragon's right, the Lizards are "on fire" today!

Happy DB Cooper Day to our resident Cryptid.

Today also marks the 150th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin's "On the Origin of the Species," a book that truly changed how we look at the world (2009's the bicentennial of Darwin's birth, as well).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Kristen, the pasties go under the bikini. Just ask LiLo the designer.

Posted by: kabuki3 | November 24, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I'd like to nominate Michael Jackson as 2009's Celebrity Darwin award winner for insisting on general anesthesia for a sleep aid. I think David Carradine should also get recognition for a Darwin award as well. I'll ask my fellow lizards to suggest a category for him.

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

hodie, a severely insomniac friend had to undergo a breast biopsy (fortunately, negative) under general anesthesia, and reported that it was the best sleep she'd had in decades! Not that she'd do it again, though...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

LOL! You've got my vote.

Posted by: jezebel3 | November 24, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Citing artistic freedom, Adam Lambert today announced that he prefers to be addressed as Adam Lambda.

Uhhh, JLo, you already had hips before you took Demi Moore's. W Magazine want wants them back.

Police chief convicted for stealing from Sarah Jessica Parker's surrogate. Mister Ed relieved to have his filly returned.

Unless Kristen Stewart is holding a bong, her bikini picture does not appear as an Urban Dictionary illustration of the word "Smokin'"

It's also D.B. Cooper Day.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

The $70,000 sounds like blackmail - not enough money to really finance anything, but more than you would give unless forced. Hmmmmm...could the rumers be true? Is Scientology blackmailing the big stars??

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 24, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 24, 2009 1:38 PM
=======================
If a church blackmails you, can you write the hush money off your tax returns?

Is there anyone in the Legal Department today?

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 24, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

hodie, at the risk of inciting the Michaelites, I nom Mr. Carradine for the Darwin category "Biggest Jacko." Clearly, Bangkok is the last place anyone has to go it alone.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, as a physician and a patient, I can say with some authority that your friend is correct. General anesthesia does provide a very satisfying sleep but the dangers are well known. And which is why one has to sign a huge consent form that lists every conceivable bad thing that could occur and should always include DEATH. Makes me wonder, did Michael read/sign his consent form? Was he given one?

LOL, reddragon. Appropriate subcategory of Darwin Award for David Carridine. Maybe he should be the winner in light of the question if proper informed consent was ever given to Michael.

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

And for those who wish to play around at home:
- Punchline 4: that bikini wouldn't last five seconds around ____________

...Cheech Marin.
...Woody Harrelson.
...Jon Gosselin.
...Jack Nicholson.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Oh, ick nast, TD! Would any of them *not* go for a 19-year-old, with or without an adorned bikini?

Posted by: northgs | November 24, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

td, the bikini would last at least a minute around Jack Nicholson. He would put Kristen Stewart over his knee and spank her before he removed the bikini.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

"Are you serious? You don't recognize me? I'm Miley Cyrus."

"I'm Rick James, B**ch!"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

This just in from the respected Manchester Guardian:
"Celebrities lead charge against Scientology / Hollywood figures quit 'rip-off' church as Australian prime minister threatens parliamentary inquiry into its activities"

"... Perhaps most embarrassing for an organisation that prides itself on its wealthy Hollywood followers, Oscar-winning director Paul Haggis, an adherent of 30 years, abandoned Scientology in October, accusing it of homophobia..."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Also from the same Manchester Guardian article (although for the life of me I can't imagine why "involvement of such high-profile figures as Haggis, Cruise and John Travolta has acted as a reassurance for potential recruits against the allegations of its critics"):

At least some of the recent allegations will be familiar to Jason Beghe, the American actor. Last year he became the first of its celebrity followers – for whom the church maintains a "Celebrity Centre" – to break with it, after giving Scientology more than $1m in donations over 12 years.

These days Beghe prefers to warn that the church is "destructive and a rip-off". He claims that since his renunciation of Scientology he has been pursued to seminars in Europe – held to speak of its dangers – by private investigators employed by Scientology and "disconnected" from former friends who remain within it.

The decision of Beghe and Haggis to quit Scientology appears to have caused the movement its greatest recent PR difficulties, not least because of its dependence on Hollywood figures as both a source of revenue for its most expensive courses and an advertisement for the religion. The involvement of such high-profile figures as Haggis, Cruise and John Travolta has acted as a reassurance for potential recruits against the allegations of its critics...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

RIP Abe Pollin, age 85, who brought entertainment to the Maryland (anyone else remember the Naltimore Bullets?)/DC area through professional basketball. Online chat transcript:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse