Posted at 8:21 AM ET, 11/23/2009

Michael Jackson Wins 4 AMAs; J.Lo takes a spill during performance

By Liz Kelly

Lady Gaga performs at Sunday night's American Music Awards. (AP)

Monday

Headlines: Michael Jackson wins four AMAs... Meanwhile, J.Lo falls during performance (at 3:01 in video)... Jackson glove sells for $350K... One killed in Miley Cyrus tour bus accident... Heidi Klum officially takes Seal's last name... Jon Gosselin brings bouquet to mediation ("Jon & Kate" finale to air tonight)... Courteney Cox's "family matter" shuts down "Cougar Town" production... Bulls escape from set of Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz movie.

Crime Watch: Britney Spears ex Adnan Ghalib jailed.

Pix: Leighton Meester in the worst outfit ever.

Video: Oprah's big announcement. | Photo Gallery: O Through the Years

Rumor Mill: Marv Albert denies scuffle with 50 Cent... Did Kate Beckinsale leave her dog alone in a closed car for hours?... Amy Winehouse set to remarry ex Blake Fielder-Civil?

By Liz Kelly  | November 23, 2009; 8:21 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: An all-star lineup of Oprah replacements
Next: Overplayed: Levi Johnston's Playgirl moment

Comments

Oh my. The, uh, choice and location of the colors on those pants... I don't know though, maybe that was Leighton Meister's worst outfit, but I'll never get over Pamela Anderson's sheet 'dress'. At least the whole of the outfit isn't completely absurd.

Posted by: agog1 | November 23, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

That was not the first bull to escape a Wee Tom movie set.

I also did not get into a fight with Fiddy or any of his bodyguards.

Other than that, looks like a slow celeb weekend. (MJ wins awards, Lady Gaga not wearing pants, zzzzz)

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 23, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

You would've thought that bulls running through the streets in Spain wouldn't be that big of a deal.

If Heidi Klum takes Seal's last name, will she now only be known as Heidi?

Leighton's outfit is so terrible that I have no words.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 23, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Marv Albert denies scuffle with 50 Cent... (Fiddy's "minders failed to recognise him as a fellow guest.")

Maybe it would've been easier if Marv had been wearing female lingerie.

Heidi Klum officially takes Seal's last name.

But the guy only goes by one name.

Jon Gosselin brings bouquet to mediation ("Jon & Kate" finale to air tonight).

Kinda like a funeral, huh?

Jackson glove sells for $350K.

Proof once again that some people just have too darn much money.

Amy Winehouse set to remarry ex Blake Fielder-Civil?

In a civil ceremony, no doubt.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Bulls escape from set of Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz movie.

I always root for the bulls at Pamplona.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

"Michael Jackson wins four AMAs." Ironic, considering what the AMA's going to do to his doctor.

"Jon Gosselin brings bouquet to mediation." Jon, you misunderstood: I said to bring a BUCKET. I'm gonna puke.

Prediction: Mr. Blackwell will raise himself up from the dead just to comment on Leighton Meester's outfit.

What Nosy said about Pamplona.

In Celeb-Spotting-News: my wife, daughter and I were in the REI store in Pittsburgh on Friday when we noticed that one of the other shoppers was Jake Gyllenhaal (he's in town filming something). Daughter approached, told him she was a fan and enjoyed his performance in "October Sky." She reports that he was very gracious. (For her part, The Lovely Mrs. byoolin continues to repeat the phrase, "He's so pretty," as though it were some kind of mantra.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 23, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

What, byoolin, you weren't at the Sam's Club to see Sarah Palin autograph her ghost-written book?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

So everyone has conceded that Michael Jackson is not really dead? Even the AMAs? Why is he getting awards? Did he have a new album or something before he supposedly died?

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 23, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I could comment on Leighton Meester's outfit, but I'm just gonna wait for the GFY girls to do it. I'm sure they spit coffee all over their monitors when they saw that...

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 23, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Could we have just ONE day in this blog without someone gratioutsly (sp?) bringing Sarah Palin up? Please???????

Trust bulls to recognize bs and want to get away from it.

Jacko's four awards were sent to an undisclosed location. So he can enjoy them in private.

Posted by: epjd | November 23, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

As an illustration of what a rotten person I am, I have watched that JLo video several times and my office-mates had to ask me what I was laughing about...

Posted by: jaybbub | November 23, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Anyone who appears on Oprah and is interviewed by Baba Wawa is fair game for Celebritology.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

As a service to my fellow 'zards, I saw "2012" this weekend and can report that, despite the cheesy plot and so-so acting, it was highly entertaining, with very cool end-of-the-world special effects.

However, the highlight for both me and my 17-year-old son was, as always, the trailers. I'm happy to confirm my original prognostication that "Prince of Persia" looks like an absolute howler - the audience was laughing during the preview, and no, it's not supposed to be a comedy.

Also, there's a new SJP flick coming out called "Did You Hear About the Morgans", which unfortunately takes place on a horse ranch. Even my son (who NEVER notices this stuff) made the connection. Yikes.

"Invictus" with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon looks goooooood, plus it has rugby! And "Shutter Island" with Leo - the trailer alone scared the heck out of me. Can't wait to see the movie.

Yours in film,
jaybbub

Posted by: jaybbub | November 23, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Not if she is not actually mentioned in the Mix and not every single day. Move on to other guests that are are also supposedly fair game. It's getting old. We get it. You don't like her.

Posted by: epjd | November 23, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I agree with ep - b/c it seems to me that there are plenty of political blogs to diss various politicians. Go rant there.

I don't read them b/c I have no interest. So constant bashing of one politician or another on THIS blog kinda ruins it for those of us who either:
(a) don't agree with you - so it just makes others mad

OR

(b) don't even care (me) - so it just makes the blog less funny. I mean, how hard is it to bash politicians?

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 23, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, but if it walks like a celebrity and talks like a celebrity, then it's a celebrity. This is the equivalent of the entertainer who energetically seeks the limelight, then protests too much about the burden of being in the public eye. Can't have it both ways.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Uh-oh.

Has "Palin" become the new "pony"?

Posted by: mat00 | November 23, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Five words I never want to read again: "Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz movie" -- Did "Vanilla Sky" teach us NOTHING?! Just promise me it's not a musical.

"Leighton Meester in the worst outfit ever" -- I thought Leighton Meester was a guy, in which case yes, worst ever. Seeing as he's a she, however, this just looks like something Lady Gaga turned down as being too tame.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 23, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

"Did You Hear About The Morgans?"

Yes, I heard it sucked even harder than "Prince of Persia."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 23, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Palin, Johnston, blah blah blah. More importantly, byoo, what was Jake Gyllenhaal buying at the REI?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 23, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Leighton Meester's outfit looks like a particularly vicious Queen Bee joke on a wannabe. With hair by "I Dream of Jeannie".

Jaybbub, that is too funny about your son and the SJP horse farm flick. Agree that "Invictus" looks pretty good, too.

Posted by: northgs | November 23, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Jakeypoo and his assistant filled three or four shopping bags. He mostly circled around in the backpacks and camping supplies section. As far as I could tell, he bought no bicycle parts, no kayak, no shoes. He did not climb the indoor rock wall.

I want to tell people that I saw him stab someone with a Leatherman, but that would be untrue.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 23, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm I may have a hard time with Invictus - setting aside the yuck fest of Morgan Freeman having 'inappropriate relations' with his step granddaughter...

ugh...

PS Little Lurker is still lurking - so if I go radio silent for a month or two, you'll know his lurking status has been changed to 'active poster'...

Long Time Lurker (LTL)

Posted by: LTL1 | November 23, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Ah, jolly good. Perhaps Mr. Gyllenhaal is preparing to step things up a notch and star in a remake of Grizzly Adams?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 23, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin you have proved that it was NOT the same ol', same ol' celeb weekend!

I think President Reagan, George Murphy, and Senator Gopher settled whether or not politicians are celebrities.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 23, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

"Marv Albert denies scuffle with 50 Cent..."
- Marv, you better hope that Fiddy doesn't have bite marks...

"We both know we've only ever been divorced on paper."
- Unfortunately, that quote is from Blake Fielder-Civil, not Jon Gosslin

"Jon Brings Bouquet of Roses To Arbitration Hearing With Kate"
- Punchline 1....and aggravates Kate's allergies
- Punchline 2....Could he be flirting with the mediator?
- Punchline 3....Madonna told him that roses are a critical Kabbalistic strategy for bringing harmony into a volatile situation.
- Punchline 4....Kate searches bouquet for secret recording device.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 23, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, don't forget the Governator.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

LTL1 - best wishes for you and Little Lurker! We'll look forward to some details when you have them to share. :)

Posted by: jaybbub | November 23, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

LTL, hope you're feeling well, and have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Hope you'll be able to find a moment to share your good news with us when Little Lurker finally arrives.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm following the bull.

Posted by: kabuki3 | November 23, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

"Jon Brings Bouquet of Roses To Arbitration Hearing With Kate"
- Punchline 5....and Kate steals Mady's water bottle to put them in.
- Punchline 6....dead roses.
- Punchline 7....it was all Shmuley's idea.
- Punchline 8....can you say "War of the Roses?" That didn't turn out so well, either.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 23, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

MJ wins four awards from the AMA. Wow, didn't know he went to med school. What were the awards? Perfecting technique to achieve low metabolic rate simulating death? Face transplantation? Gender reassignment? He certainly was a pioneer in the fields.

JLo's ample booty was certainly the asset to have for last night's performance.

Yeah, agree on the outfit but again I ask, what is a Leighton Meester?

I'm sure Rhianna's outfit made Lady Gaga green with envy. And did anyone notice Janet Jackson was not wearing black.

Posted by: hodie | November 23, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, Ahnuld was too easy. My point is that if celebrities can turn politician overnight it can work the other way too.

Tears are falling into my Coke Zero b/c I can't see Leighton Meester's fashion faux pas OR JLo fall until I get home.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 23, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Every woman has the ratty, stained underwear she wears at "That time of the month," except apparently for Leighton Meester, who wears her "that time of the month" spandex tights.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 23, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Uh-oh.

Has "Palin" become the new "pony"?

Today's Celebritology is brought to you by the letter 'P'! as in porridge. Porridge, porridge, porridge!

Now that I've gotten that bit of silliness out of my system....

Thanks for the trailer update, jaybub.

I read the book "Shutter Island" written by Dennis Lehane (Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River) a while back. It was wayyyy scary. The movie should be awesome!
Very noir.

Posted by: dablues1 | November 23, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot

Wow, you totally read my mind sasquatch...spooky nootchies!!

Um...anyone see Adam Lambert having sex onstage last nite or was I the only one that saw that? I mean I felt like I needed to put on a condom to watch it again & a cigarette afterwards!!

I luvs me some Glambert but there was something wrong on so many levels about his performance last nite.

Posted by: wadejg | November 23, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for all the well wishes, little lurker almost made an early entrance this weekend as I jumped up and down and whooped and hollered when big bro scored during the semi-finals of his all star soccer game (a beauty of a left footer, tipped over the keepers hands and in to the onion bag!)...

Reddraggon I will attempt to describe thsi leeton mystery...

Close your eyes and imagine her hair being this big mushroom top like growth over big heavy bangs.

Make up, heavy if unremarkable, an asymetric 'collar' of gold around her neck (must not have noticed all those 800 commercials where you can sell your gold and get cash) that matched a wrist cuff.

A 2 inch wide black 'boob tube' (a la the 70's) covered by an open small black vest. thnk lots of pale skin...

A BROWN croc skin belt with a big buckle.

Over top of a pair of white based multi-colored rorschach stretchy pants (the kind that Nacho Libre might wear jes for fun). The most unfortunate element being that the rorschach definitely led one to see (as Sas so rightly points out) the appearance of brown stains running down the inner thighs. (perhaps they thought this would be a slimming element - you know drawing the eye from the non-existant 'hips').

And the final touch was a pair of those black platform ankle boots with gold/silver chain mail over them.

She appears to be holding a microphone and one hopes she is not jumpstarting a secondary musical career a la Heincer...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 23, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Alas, there were no celebrity sightings yesterday at the REI at Fairfax Commons. I was hoping to find Kate Beckinsale sealed up inside a closed car out in the sun.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 23, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

"Did You Hear About The Morgans?"

Yes, I heard it sucked even harder than "Prince of Persia."

Posted by: byoolin1 |

------------------------------------------
Byoo' are you implying that The Morgans was shot in Tijuana? Were any horses injured in the making of the movie? Were there donkey stand-ins?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 23, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Sas, are you warming up for tomorrow's big anniversary?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Sas, are you warming up for tomorrow's big anniversary?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009
---------------------------------------------

Ahh, Nosy, you *remembered*!!!!! Thank you.

Yes, tomorrow evening, Ms Snatchquatch and I plan to drop in at the community juke joint, and hoist a couple of cold ones in honor of D.B.

That *is* the anniversary you're referencing, yes?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 23, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Si, Sas.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

LTL, you have a great gift for description. Thank you very much. Hope you are soon describing the arrival of the little one.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 23, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer51
________________________________

Or, maybe he's stocking up so that he can go into hiding when PoP hits the screens.

Posted by: DCLocal20 | November 23, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Proposed Health Care Bill's Cosmetic Surgery Tax:

While there are legitimate objections to certain aspects of this proposed tax, one can only imagine the windfall that could be collected from the show-biz crowd :-)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 23, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Sas and wadejg, who is this "every woman" you are talking about? And anyway, that would be a unichrome situation.

Leighton's pants looked more like she opened a variety of paint cans while holding them between her thighs.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 23, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Ooops, I should have written, "every pre-menopausal woman."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 23, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Fun, if a little predictable to watch everyone trying to 'outshock' each other. Not sure I heard any actual music as such.

Please see:

November 25th
14:00 LA time
Hold The Vision

For Michael.

Posted by: deborahffrench | November 24, 2009 6:25 AM | Report abuse

20$ wholesale nfl mlb nhl nba jerseys(accept paypal credit card) (http://www.nflshops.us)

accept paypal credit card online store homepage:http://www.nflshops.us/
FASHION CLOTHING,JERSEY,NFL WASHINGTON REDSKINS,NFL TENNESSEE TITANS,NFL-ST LOUIS RAMS,NLF-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS,NFL-SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS,NFL-SAN DIEGO CHARGERS,NFL-PITTSBURGH STEELERS,NFL-PHILADELPHIA EAGLES,NFL OKLANDRAIDERS,NFL-MINNESOTA VIKINGS,NFL MIAMI DOLPHINS,NFL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS,NFL-DENVER BRONCOS,NFL DALLAS COWBOYS,NFL CLEVELAND BROWNS,NFL CINCINNATI BENGALS,NFL CHICAGO BEARS,NFL CAROLINA PANTHERS,NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS,NFL ATLANTA FALCONS,NFL ARIZOA CARDINALS,
NFL NEW YOUK JETS,NFL GREEN BAY PACKERS,

www.nflshops.us
www.nflshops.us

Posted by: nikejordans1 | November 25, 2009 7:51 AM | Report abuse

UGG New Coming Fashion Winter Boots Model:UGG winter boots Size: Woman: US:5.5-6.5-7-8-8.5 UK:3-4-4.5-5.5-6 ER:36-37-38-39-40 1.Packing:All the shoes brand new comes with Original box,tag and with retro card 2.Qty: No Minimum order requirement,We accept Both Wholesale /Retail/Dropshipping 3.Delivery time: 4-6 working days 4.Ship: Worldwide Welcome to our website: HTTP://www.fashiongoods.us for more products, you can mix styles,color and sizes as you want,Contact us ,and we will give you best price to start the business

www.fashiongoods.us