Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 12/ 7/2009

Adam Lambert to perform on ABC; Miley Cyrus shows off tattoo

By Liz Kelly

Monday

Headlines: Adam Lambert invited to perform on ABC... Bruce Springsteen, Robert De Niro among Kennedy Center honorees | Red carpet video... Taylor Lautner signs on for action flick "Max Steel"... 50 Cent hopes to record with Susan Boyle... Billy Joel's daughter released from hospital following overdose... Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo hospitalized after bus crash... Tom Brokaw unharmed in fatal three-car crash... Amy Adams expecting her first child with fiance... Julia Roberts named "global ambassadress" for Lancome.

Crime Watch: No charges filed against Katt Williams after Friday arrest... Paul Anka files for divorce following domestic dispute.

Pix: Miley Cyrus shows off her "Just Breathe" tattoo... Painting of scantily-clad Michael Jackson surrounded by cherubs surfaces... Lindsay Lohan poses for threesome magazine spread.

Video: From "SNL", Rihanna and Shy Ronnie...

More: Christian Slater guest hosts "Live! with Regis and Kelly."

Rumor Mill: Tiger Woods's alleged mistress count now up to five six; one mistress claims Tiger told her marriage was "a sham"; pix of no. 4, Jamie Jungers... Lindsay Lohan spotted leaving Jason Segel's Hollywood home?... John McEnroe lights up joint at Miami dinner event....Daniel Radcliffe to go buff in new "Harry Potter"?... Prince William and Kate Middleton reportedly hire wedding planner

By Liz Kelly  | December 7, 2009; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hot Messes: Distaff Dirtbags
Next: Should Tiger sit down with Oprah?

Comments

Tall Paul, tall Paul....

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 7, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

I know my tattooist won't ink someone under 18 - he id's - without parental permission. I know he isn't alone in that view; if it isn't law, it's just wise to protect against litigation. Most likely whoever inked Miley had the same policy. So..... What parent in their right mind allows a kid to get a permanent peice of art on their skin? At 15, it's more likely that her opinion of her tattoo will change over time.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | December 7, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Rivers Cuomo hurt in a car accident? Oh say it ain't so.

A Max Steel movie? Really?

I thought John McEnroe seemed a little calmer than usual these days.

Sounds like Tiger is putting together a team for a skins game.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 7, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

I don't why women RUIN perfectly beautiful, wonderful skin with tattoos.

Bleah.

Posted by: charley42 | December 7, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

For realz, charley42. What are they thinking!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | December 7, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

"DCCubefarm, Miley's 17 and I know most places (at least in Austin) will give a 17 year old a tattoo as long as the parents agree to it."

Well, yeah, that's my point. The parents most likely had to give permission. So why give permission instead of saying to wait until she's older?

Posted by: DCCubefarm | December 7, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Miley -- just read the part about Lindsey Lohan after the news of your tattoo. That is where you are heading if you don't get yourself together NOW.

Definitely rumor about Kate and Prince William. They don't need to hire a wedding planner. That is what palace staff are for.

The mind boggles at what a collaboration between Fiddy and Susan Boyle would sound like.

Did the Salahis try to crash the Kennedy Center party too? Or not important enough for them?

Posted by: epjd | December 7, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

The Prince William story says the wedding will be in 2012! Really - 2012? It is still 2009...do they need to plan a wedding for over 2 years? They've been dating for 8 years (the article said). What could possibly take so long?

And why do they need a wedding planner anyway? Isn't there an entire royal staff that plans events all the time?

Wasn't Prince Charles only engaged for 4 or 6 months? That was a fairly elaborate event - did he hire a wedding planner? Pre-marriage counseling would have been money better spent.

Plus - doesn't the castle already have all the chairs and tablecloths and caterers? Isn't the guest list all controlled by royal protocol?

WHAT do they need except a dress and some rings?

Posted by: Amelia5 | December 7, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Fiddy, collaborating with Susan Boyle? Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

DCCubeFarm, I appreciate your common sense; unfortunately, this is Miley Cyrus. Her parents (well, at least her dad) have been doing next-to-bupkus in terms of common sense since, oh, 2002.

Plus a tattoo seems fairly minor in the whole Hollywood scheme. Her folks are probably happy she's not pulling an Amy Winehouse by now.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 7, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

"Adam Lambert invited to perform on ABC." Hey, network suits: it's been a week. Nobody gives a $#&@#$ about Adam Lambert anymore. You might as well have booked Mason Reese.

Taylor Lautner signs on for action flick "Max Steel". I'll go see it, if only for the theme song, "Bessemer Mucho."

Yo, Fiddy, by the time Susan Boyle's done witchoo, you ain't gon' be nuthin' but three Canadian pennies and a bent nickel, know what I'm sayin'?

(DISCLAIMER: *I* don't even know what I'm sayin', you know what I'm sayin'?)

"Paul Anka files for divorce following domestic dispute." Wife cries, "Oh, please, stay with me, Paul Anka."

"Christian Slater guest hosts 'Live! with Regis and Kelly'" - this week, it's Bryant Gumbel. I'm not complaining: in my hurry to get off the treadmill at the Y, I shaved 17 seconds off my mile.

Hey, Tiger: six girlfriends AND married to a supermodel? That takes a bucket of balls.

"Daniel Radcliffe to go buff in new "Harry Potter"?" So all of Ian McKellen's lobbying *has* paid off.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 7, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

"Posted by: byoolin1 | December 7, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

And lots and lots of wood.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 7, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

So Baba has Adam on her list of the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009. He probably wouldn't make mine. (Hint for Friday List.)

Speaking of Friday Lists, over the weekend it came to me that I left off an obivous contemporary Hot Mess: The Scanque Premiere de France, Carla Bruni.

Fiddy and Susan Boyle remind me of the time Pat Boone recorded heavy metal.
Tho maybe it would work the other way and Fiddy will rap to "Memories"...

We now hear about life in the "Brokaw lane" and, unfortunately, death in the other one.

Exactly what country, besides France, recognizes the country of Lancome.

Billy Ray Cyrus and Michael Lohan in tight battle for Father of the Year.

Naked MJ. Ew.

Naked Harry Potter. Eww.

Palace staff is only ancillary to planning wedding. HM of course has veto power on all plans.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 7, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Can't see the tattoo due to the netnanny but I can see it coming in handy later in life. Can make a good focal point during labor (Just Breathe, Miley, now PUSH!) and then again when she's old with empheysema and her dementia causes her to forget once in awhile.

I couldn't see the tattoo but could see the creepy MJ painting (go figure). Oh why did I look? Can you imagine a room with that portrait AND the Chuckie's sister doll? I will not sleep tonight.

Please tell me that one of the six women was not Lilo.

Ok, I'll admit I was geeky enough to read the HP series. I do not remember reading about any nude scenes or even the scenario they described. I think this is most definitely a rumor.

Posted by: hodie | December 7, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, they have started adding scenes to the movies. The last one had the Weasleys' home set on fire by the Death Eaters and an early confrontation between Ginny and Bellatrix. Definitely NOT in the book. So, don't be surprised if they throw a gratuitious nude scene in.

Posted by: epjd | December 7, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and that picture of Daniel Radcliff looks as though he was hanging out with John McEnroe at the Miami shindig.

Posted by: hodie | December 7, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

"No charges filed against Katt Williams after Friday arrest..."
- I can't have been the only one who instantly thought "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air..." then realized that was WILLIAM KATT.

"Julia Roberts named "global ambassadress" for Lancome"
- What the hell does that mean? Will she show up in Copenhagen for the climate change summit this week hawking Lancome's SPF 15 replenishing cream with wild yam?

"50 Cent hopes to record with Susan Boyle..."
- I can't wait for the mash-up of "I Dreamed a Dream" with "Nightmare"
- this is a hellova way to back up Fiddy's claim that he can bench press 410 lbs
- The world has waited long enough for the consummate hip hop version of "Islands in the Stream."

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 7, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Plus, tabloids not seeking memoirs of women who have NOT slept with Tiger Woods and/or Jeremy Irons.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 7, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

NOW, I mean NOW, not "not."

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 7, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I know tiger is trying to beat Jack Nicklaus' records, but I didn't realize he was also trying to beat Wilt Chamberlain's as well.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 7, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Oh my heavens people, lighten up and come off your soapbox. Lindsay Lohan is not a mess because she has tattoos. Getting a tattoo does not mean that someone is headed for destruction. I have several on my arms, in places easy to cover, and I am a very successful attorney in private practice. I have never done a drug in my life. And my parents are amazing parents. Quit with the judgment.

Posted by: esmerelda123 | December 7, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I don't know esmerelda, I got a tattoo a couple of months ago and ever since then I've been slouching toward Gomorrah.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 7, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 7, 2009 11:09 AM
===============
But your beehive hairdo looks marvelous and Tiger told me to tell you that he's a bit busy at the moment but plans to answer your text sometime after the holidays.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 7, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Ha. Maybe I will go get a new tattoo that says "Tiger." Rowr.

Posted by: esmerelda123 | December 7, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

"Posted by: byoolin1 | December 7, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

And lots and lots of wood.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 7, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Ah, geez. It's only Monday and I'm already out of screen wipes.

Posted by: dablues1 | December 7, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I would be tempted to get a (small) tattoo, except I can't think of anything I'm sure I'd want on my body for the rest of my earthly existence. (Plus I don't like pain. So there's that.)
Miley's is actually kind of sweet- "Just Breathe", in honor of a friend who died from cystic fibrosis. A world away from the usual tramp stamps or fakeo Chinese symbols.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 7, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

i've gotta go w/esmerelda...i've been seriously considering getting a tat on my 52-year-old .....foot. yes, my foot.

Posted by: dablues1 | December 7, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

"He thought it was great with a little 'tongue-in-cheek' flavor," said Nordahl of the oil-on-canvas work "Michael."

Ewwwww.

Posted by: dablues1 | December 7, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

It's not just the tat. If that were all, I would just question her judgement of permanently marking her body. It's the tat, the pole dancing, the questionable wardrobe, the 20 year old live in boyfriend.

Posted by: epjd | December 7, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Oh for Pete's sake. Harry Potter naked? My KIDS like these movies. It's bad enough when that creature drank unicorn blood in the first (?) movie. Now I'm going to have to shield their eyes from this? Honestly.

Taylor Lautner. He may be a sex symbol for teen girls now, but for me he'll forever be Shark Boy. I wonder what Lava Girl is doing now, SATC 2 cameos?!

I listened to clips of the Susan Boyle CD on Amazon.com. It's . . . interesting. Not "bad" but not great either. Invest that money, Susan. And stay away from Fiddy!

mdreader01, you're not the only one who thought William Katt. He'd be lucky to get arrested in that town these days. Did you know his mother was Barbara Hale (aka Della Street)? Sadly, I knew that without having to Google.

Mason Reese, byoolin?!? What's next, a reference to Rodney Allen Rippy?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 7, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

td, Barbara Hale's son is William Kaat, not Katt.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 7, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Not according to IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001411/bio

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 7, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Roxie1 | December 7, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

And William Katt was in that movie where Laurie Partridge (Susan Dey) was naked. Another good (?) Friday list would be to invent characteristics for a celebrity whose name is the reverse of another celebirty, e.g., Jackson Michael (the little brother George Michael never talks about), Cyrus Miley (teenage boy who can't sing, isn't good looking and hates Disney), etc.

Apparently I should have included boys in my item about Jeremy Irons. Tho he says not.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 7, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

The best thing about the Paul Anka's divorce is that we don't have to listen to he and his ex sing a duet of "Havin' My Baby."

Not that it matters, because it appears that Michael Jackson has cornered the market on little cherubs.

Look for Daniel Radcliffe to buy that Michael Jackson painting.

Miley, in a few years, no one will be able to see that tattoo, even when you're topless....check that...ESPECIALLY when you're topless.

At least John McEnroe and his wife are still together. When I first read the article, I read they had split. Jah, Mon!

Finally, Fitty Cent should realize that the only difference between gansta and ganja is a little dope. Hmmm, perhaps he and Susan Boyle can cut a remake of Joe Walsh's 1970s album "The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 7, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

td, I stand corrected.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 7, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dablues1 | December 7, 2009 11:37 AM
====================
I'd contribute some coin if you'd be willing to put a portrait of Heincer on the bottom of your tootsie.

Anyone else?

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 7, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, I remember the scene they're talking about but they're making it sound way racier that it is. Harry just strips down to dive into a pool of water. I seriously doubt they'll show Harry's (ahem) wand onscreen.

Posted by: moonwatcher13 | December 7, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Common sense! I knew there was something missing at the Cyrus house! Thanks.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | December 7, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

50 Cent was a guest on last Friday's BBC Radio 1's breakfast show (one can listen on-line for a week after broadcast) and he came over as nice as nice can be. It's a world gone mad I tell ya.

Posted by: TonyMostyn | December 7, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

"Getting a tattoo does not mean that someone is headed for destruction."

Totally agree - I have a bunch myself. And I was an adult when I got 'em. She could have waited until she was an adult, too.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | December 7, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

"Tattoo shmattoo. Whatever. If they want her to have skills and intelligence outside of the Hollywood machine they should send her to college.

Posted by: Roxie1"

Hey - how about HIGH SCHOOL even. Has Miley even finished 8th grade or whatever grade she stopped in order to a star?

Plus - please, nobody here get a tatoo in honor of whatever I eventually die of. I'm not honored. Would anyone be?

Posted by: Amelia5 | December 7, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

The Tiger Count is up:

"Now it's seven under for Tiger"

Man, this is more fun than -- for those of you who remember -- watching the numbers on the sign at McDonald's change. When it gets to 10, sell.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 7, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 7, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

The bad news: At least two women are now reporting that Tiger didn't use condoms.

The good news: Tiger can look forward to making loads of money from Big Pharma as a celebrity endorser of antibiotics.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 7, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I look forward to see Maury Povich proclaim, "Tiger Woods, you ARE the father!"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 7, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Note to Lancome: It's "ambassador", dopes. A gender-neutral word.

I just have to avert my eyes from the sadder-every-day, pathetic train wreck that LiLo has become.

"Plus, tabloids now seeking memoirs of women who have NOT slept with Tiger Woods and/or Jeremy Irons." .... Wow, that seems as good a way as any of making some quick cash. I'm off now to telephone the National Enquirer/US Magazine/et al.

Posted by: Californian11 | December 7, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Nobody snuggles with Max Steel. You strap yourself in and feel the G's!

Posted by: sarahabc | December 7, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

If I were Elin, I'd get myself tested ASAP.

Next up: at least one of the mistresses will be pregnant, and DNA testing will follow. I don't see this debacle going away any time soon.

Posted by: Californian11 | December 7, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

mdreader,
on second thought......

that is so not happening.

Posted by: dablues1 | December 7, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I can totally see Cyrus Miley in a "Vote for Pablo" tshirt.

Posted by: dablues1 | December 7, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

"You know, if we can get a couple more women to say they had sex with Tiger we can start making jokes about playing the back nine.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 7, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse"

I'm pretty sure I saw 9 woman somewhere so there you have it!

Posted by: Vienna8425 | December 7, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Reposting: I guess I used a no-no word in my first shot:

i guess the NY Post has got Tiger's count up to 9 birdies so back 9 now open to joke interpretation. I liked Kurtz this morning about Tiger still in the bunker hoping this will all go away without further comment. I am utterly amazed that he is so myopic to think none of this was ever going to come out? I can't see Elin staying with him after this--she'd look like an idiot. Or be subject to further "gold digger" or worse insults.

Harry Potter fan with near-eidetic memory here: After Harry strips down to dive into the pool of water to retrieve the sword of gryffindor, he urges Ron to destroy the locket with it. The locket horcrux' evil power taunts Ron with false images of Harry and Hermione, that she would never love someone so weak as Ron and that she really loves Harry. There were no indications that the images were racy or anything more than a kiss/makeout session that I recall, so I guess they're just jazzing it up from the book. Pfft.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | December 7, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Ohprah, I hope you fall in the green Chicago River next St. Patrick's day, you overblown piece of crap.

Posted by: osh123 | December 7, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: osh123

---------------------------------------
Doe this mean that Oprah is Ms Hanky?

Posted by: angelos_peter | December 8, 2009 12:42 AM | Report abuse

hey ,everybody guy,i propose one will good shipping

place,they accept paypal online store,free shipping ,please

come to my website and have a look http://www.nflshops.us

20$ wholesale (accept paypal credit card)

accept paypal credit card online store homepage:http://www.nflshops.us/
FASHION CLOTHING,JERSEY,NFL WASHINGTON REDSKINS,NFL TENNESSEE TITANS,NFL-ST LOUIS RAMS,NLF-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS,NFL-SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS,NFL-SAN DIEGO CHARGERS,NFL-PITTSBURGH STEELERS,NFL-PHILADELPHIA EAGLES,NFL OKLANDRAIDERS,NFL-MINNESOTA VIKINGS,NFL MIAMI DOLPHINS,NFL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS,NFL-DENVER BRONCOS,NFL DALLAS COWBOYS,NFL CLEVELAND BROWNS,NFL CINCINNATI BENGALS,NFL CHICAGO BEARS,NFL CAROLINA PANTHERS,NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS,NFL ATLANTA FALCONS,NFL ARIZOA CARDINALS,
NFL NEW YOUK JETS,NFL GREEN BAY PACKERS,