Posted at 11:14 AM ET, 12/22/2009

Alyssa Milano gets 'Jersey Shore'-ified

By Liz Kelly

It's been a downer of a week, so a big thank you is in order for Alyssa Milano who submitted to an astounding transformation -- from her still-cute-at-37 self to a "Jersey Shore" "hottie" in a new video posted to FunnyorDie.com:

An Italian-American, Milano has gone on record saying she wouldn't watch the MTV "docudrama" following the lives of a handful of "Guidos and Guidettes" as they drink and sleep their way through New Jersey's Seaside Heights. That didn't stop Milano, though, from turning herself into a reasonable facsimile of outspoken hobbit Snooki (who was also lampooned on this weekend's "SNL").

For those who can't watch, the short clip documents Milano's transformation into a guidette -- complete with fake bake, raccoon eyes and Snooki's signature hair "pouf." Then Milano's image is tweaked to enlarge her chest and butt. At the end, we are left to ponder this message: "No wonder our perception of Jersey is distorted."

Nice job, Alyssa. But I'm with one of your Twitter followers, who reacted thusly: "I want to see Snookie turn into Alyssa."

Dream on.

By Liz Kelly  | December 22, 2009; 11:14 AM ET
Categories:  Pop Culture, TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brittany Murphy's autopsy results deferred; Tom Cruise sued for alleged spying
Next: Tiger Woods's approval rating bottoms out; T.I. released from prison

Comments

So, duz she gotta problem wid dat, or not?

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 22, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I was born and raised on The Shore. Although I am not of Italian descent, I have no problem with the show. In fact, I find it hilarious.

The Jersey Shore stretches 130 miles, and is comprised of municipalities that are 1 square mile all the way down the coast. If you decide to stereotype based on this show, you're the one missing out. Destinations like Seaside Heights and Belmar are exactly as they are depicted on the show. However, they are not representative of the entire shore, or even a small fraction of shore towns.

When I bring friends and family to my shore house, their jaws drop because it's so beautiful. Additionally, the water is cleaner than most other states along the east coast because the dumping in the 80's inspired a series of laws protecting the water.

Posted by: MzFitz | December 22, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

"still-cute-at-37"? Is that such a feat?

Posted by: brownljb | December 22, 2009 11:27 PM | Report abuse

um, it was also a spoof on this viral video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knEIM16NuPg.

Posted by: nachomama1 | December 23, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse