Posted at 7:19 AM ET, 12/21/2009

Coroner: Brittany Murphy's death 'appears natural'; Tila Tequila pregnant?

By Liz Kelly

Monday

Headlines: Los Angeles coroner says Brittany Murphy's death "appears to be natural," autopsy planned for Monday or Tuesday... Ashton Kutcher, other celebs, mourn Murphy via Twitter... (Gallery)... Watchmaker TAG Heuer not dumping Tiger Woods... Tila Tequila claims she's pregnant with surrogate baby... Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady reveal baby name: Benjamin... Michael Jackson named MTV News's man of the year... Jackson's "Captain EO" returning to Disneyland... Suri Cruise named most stylish celebrity kid... Patrick Stewart to receive knighthood... Kevin Jonas marries... LeAnn Rimes's husband files for divorce... Jon Bon Jovi's son hospitalized.

Crime Watch: Police find pot on two of Lil' Wayne's tour buses... Randy Quaid's wife taken into custody in Texas.

Rumor Mill: Brittany Murphy sick morning of death, reports TMZ.com... Taylor Swift in talks to play Supergirl?... Taylor Lautner to star in "Vision Quest" remake?... Tiger Woods sets sail on 155-foot yacht.

By Liz Kelly  | December 21, 2009; 7:19 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brittany Murphy dead at 32
Next: A fond farewell: Celebs we lost in 2009

Comments

"Natural?" Something tells me this news will only encourage Mr. All-Caps.

"Watchmaker TAG Heuer not dumping Tiger Woods." They were just winding us up.

"Michael Jackson named MTV News's man of the year." He'll now face Federal Reserve Chairman and TIME Man of the Year Ben Bernanke in a 12-round UFC title match on December 31st at Harrah's. Let's get ready to ruuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmble!!!!

"Police find pot on two of Lil' Wayne's tour buses." How hard could that have been? They were the two buses that had the big "Lil' Wayne's Personal Use ONLY" on the destination signs.

"Tiger Woods sets sail on 155-foot yacht." Destination? The Island Of Women.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 21, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I really hope that Patrick Stewart, right before the Queen knights him, says "Make it so."

I'm not surprised Kevin Jonas married a hairdresser, but I am surprised he married a woman.

Another Supergirl movie? What I want to know is when they'll make a Power Girl movie.

And still, Tila Tequilla having her brother's kid strangely doesn't surprise me. Does this mean I'm becoming jaded?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 21, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

When I heard Brittany Murphy died my first thought was "Wow that's young." My second thought, "Hey, I know that name from Celebritology, I doubt she is squeaky clean, wonder if it was an OD?" Yeah, I read this blog waaaaay too much.

Patrick Stewart boldly going where no Starship Captain had gone before -- Buckingham Palace. Congrats, Cap'n.

Who would hire Tila Tequila to be a surrogate? I thought one of the requirements was clean living to make sure the surrogate doesn't ingest something that is bad for the baby.

Posted by: epjd | December 21, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Brittany Murphy dies of natural causes. Sen. Lindsey Graham releases a statement: "Harry Reid, you can't pin that one on me!"
-- OK, you had to be up at 1 am EST to appreciate that snark.

Taylor Swift in talks to play Supergirl?...
--Kanye, we checked. Beyonce was not available.

Tiger Woods sets sail on 155-foot yacht.
-- Elin is hoping it's "a three hour tour. A three hour tour."

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 21, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

I read "Kevin Jonas marries LeAnn Rimes' husband." I wondered what state they were in. Too early in the morning, coupled with a migraine aura, I'm guessing.

Posted by: mouse4 | December 21, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Mouse, that makes more sense than the real story.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 21, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I read "Kevin Jonas marries LeAnn Rimes' husband."

Posted by: mouse4 | December 21, 2009 9:46 AM
_________________________________________

Same here!!

He was the "other one" in the band so I don't think either him marrying LeAnn Rimes husband or marrying a woman will matter.

Posted by: wadejg | December 21, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Typing from the lair--

Death is usually natural. Like, when your heart stops beating and your brain stops functioning, you die. Check with hodie.

"Mourning via twitter" is just creepy.

Tia Tequila, whose surrogate baby are you carrying? Wait. I don't think there is such a thing as a surrogate baby. There are surrogate moms, but I think the babies are mostly real. Check with hodie.

Wonder where Gisele and Tom came up with such a bizarre name. Must ba a Brazilian thing. This could be a Boy From Brazil, depending on where he was born...

Patrick Stewart will now be able to defend the realm along with Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Elton John. On their Chargers.

Taylor Swift is already Supergirl. Thanx, Kanye.

Posted by: reddragon2 | December 21, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Bravo will make a documentary on Tom & Gisele's baby. If so, I have a working title for them: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Bundchen."

When asked why TAG Heur was not dropping Tiger Woods as their endorsing celebrity, a spokesman said, "It's not the right time," and added, "Does anybody really know what time it is?"

I'd like to see Her Majesty do to Patrick Stewart what Stewart did to Maid Marian before he knighted Sir Robin in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights."

Byoo, Tiger's Yacht could be heading the fabled Island of Lesbos.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 21, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Two more shockers today. I mean who could have seen these coming?

They do keep on giving don't they?

Posted by: TonyMostyn | December 21, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

"Brittany Murphy's death "appears to be natural" -- So sad. But right now some Oscars intern is scrambling to add a clip from "Girl, Interrupted" to the "Farewell" montage for the 2010 Academy Awards telecast.

"Watchmaker TAG Heuer not dumping Tiger Woods" -- Yet. Give 'em time.

"Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady reveal baby name: Benjamin" -- That's his nickname, short for (considering his parents' combined income) All About the Benjamins Brady

"Jackson's 'Captain EO' returning to Disneyland" -- Returning from where? That planet where it was worshipped like Jerry Lewis is in France? Will a clip from this piece of dreck be in the Oscars montage too? They're going to need to add another hour to the telecast this year with all the celebrity deaths....

"Suri Cruise named most stylish celebrity kid" -- This is just WRONG. If Suri had her way she'd probably spend the day in a onesie. Oh, and after the list came out, allegedly Lourdes Leon created a voodoo doll. Trust me, it ain't those high heels that are hurting Suri's feet right now. (Kidding! I am sure Lourdes is very nice.)

"LeAnn Rimes's husband files for divorce" -- How will she, how will she, oh how will she li-i-ive without him?

"Taylor Lautner to star in "Vision Quest" remake" -- "Vision Quest remake"?????!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 21, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Tila - I also thought you already had to have children before becoming a surrogate? Maybe that is just a myth? Or maybe Tila already has children - whom are all in hiding out of fear of being associated with Tila?

Posted by: Amelia5 | December 21, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

td when I went to Disney World I loved Captain EO. Granted I was nine at the time. Which probably means Captain EO would've loved me too.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 21, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1
-----------------------------------------
Kind of like 7up, eh?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 21, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I am very proud of everyone for keeping their voices down today.

Posted by: Trumance1 | December 21, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

I think anorexia or bulimia were the root causes of Brittany's death. She started out in Hollywood as a healthy young woman and she didn't start getting succesful until she got skeletal (and blond). I'd bet even money she was still trying VERY hard to stay that way.

Posted by: Alison-in-TN | December 21, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

reddragon

The Benjamin of the family is the youngest child, so is this the Brady-Bündchen's subtle way of announcing they plan on no more children?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 21, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Tiger's Yacht could be heading the fabled Island of Lesbos.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot |

****
Sas, this may come as something of an early Christmas gift for you, but the Island of Lesbos is REAL!!! not a fable...and apparently the women from there were well known in the ancient world for being quite, er, talented and very, ahem, open minded...

Posted by: VaLGaL | December 21, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I am very proud of everyone for keeping their voices down today.

Posted by: Trumance1
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second!

It'll be interesting to see how the Brittany Murphy case shapes up. Underlying condition or no, 32 is really young for a natural death.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 21, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

There has been buzz for some time that B.M. had a RX drug problem. I'd bet we're looking at a heath ledger-like accidental drug od.

Tiger at sea. how apt. Seems that way on shore too.

Yay for normal Brady-Gundchen baby name!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | December 21, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

cat, aren't you going to taunt us by complaining about the weather in La-La-Land?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 21, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

It's pretty yucky out. But nothing compared to the east coasters. ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | December 21, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Val Gal, yes, I know of the reputation of the Ladies of Lesbos. 8-)>

Ah, Nosy, the weather around here ain't bad at all. While it was a big dump of snow, there wasn't too much wind -- at least not inland -- and not many reports of power outages. Also, the air is quite clean, something you won't find in La-La Land. Winter weather for the first day of Winter. How could you go wrong?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 21, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

So, I guess I shouldn't mention the sunny blue skies and mid 60s temperatures here in Texas?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 21, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Not if you want to live Dorkus. I went to the Mall today to meet up with a friend. I spent the time whining about how much I missed Texas (pics of me on the mall will be on facebook when said friend sends the pic).

Posted by: epjd | December 21, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I hereby tender a heartfelt invitation for you to come shovel out our long, snowy driveway (with an ice-pond for your to break up at the low end, where snowmelt has puddled and refrozen).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 21, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

...for *you*...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 21, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey, our air here at the beach is just fine, thank you!

And it's cold, but not nearly as cold as we'll be when we go up to the Bay Area on Wednesday. Brrrr.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | December 21, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Cat, you poor dear. How you suffer.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 21, 2009 8:33 PM | Report abuse