Posted at 11:35 AM ET, 12/ 9/2009

Jennifer Aniston not cooking up a cookbook

By Liz Kelly

Jennifer Aniston, keeping her kitchen witchery to herself. (Warner Bros.)

Just as we were getting used to the idea of Gwyneth Paltrow -- a lithe, insouciant version of Martha Stewart -- dispensing her homey ideas on everything from shopping to how best to refashion Thanksgiving leftovers, Jennifer Aniston is reportedly contemplating her own foray into domestic diva territory.

Except that she's not.

According to a story published in the National Enquirer, Aniston plans to team up with pal Jamie Oliver to create a "range" of cookbooks. But, in a statement to Gossip Cop, Aniston's rep called the story "completely false."

Sorry, serviceable jokes about vanilla cookies and humble pie. You'll just have to wait.

---
Forget Aniston, these three celebrity recipe tomes will have you cooking in no time flat:

1. Spain...: A Culinary Road Trip
Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali eat their way through Spain. This companion book to the PBS series shares 70 recipes.

2. Cookin' with Coolio: 5 Star Meals at a 1 Star Price
From the description: "You can't find fusions like Blasian (black Asian) or Ghettalian (ghetto Italian) in restaurants, but you can have them cooking away in your kitchen faster and easier than ordering takeout."

3. Are You Hungry Tonight?: Elvis' Favorite Recipes
From the description: "Includes his mama's recipes for mashed potatoes and lemon meringue pie, peanut butter and 'nana sandwiches' and Priscilla's magnificent wedding cake (make the whole thing or only a tier)." Lipitor optional.

By Liz Kelly  | December 9, 2009; 11:35 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Celebrity Products
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tiger's mother-in-law released from hospital; Ex sues Nicolas Cage for $13M
Next: Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady welcome baby boy; Lindsay Lohan busy saving lives in India?

Comments

I first read it as Mario Batali eats Spain. Now that I would believe. Apparently Gwynnie only gets the crumbs.

By the way, never trust a skinny cook.

Posted by: hodie | December 9, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

While she's not writing a cookbook, Jennifer Anniston is writing a book combining her studies of oenology and her personal life. I believe it's tentatively titled : A Whine for All Occasions.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 9, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

I'm loving Coolio. Though instead of Blasian (black + Asian) or Ghettalian (ghetto + Italian), my style is more along the lines of Hobbie (Hostess + Little Debbie) or McNese (McDonald's + Chinese). Maybe I should write my own "cookbook."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 9, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

"How to Become a Kitchen Pimp"

Coolio, what did we ever do without you?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 9, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Ghettalian? Is that like Jewfro?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 9, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Are You Hungry Tonight? for a weiner? What was Amazon thinking?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 9, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

OMG! That Coolio cookbook is so going on my Christmas list.

Posted by: VaLGaL | December 9, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Couldn't help it....I just ordered it. I can't wait!

Posted by: VaLGaL | December 9, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Couldn't help it....I just ordered it. I can't wait!

Posted by: VaLGaL | December 9, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Ditto. I requested a copy it from my public library, it has an odd copyright date - 2011?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 9, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

No Jennifer Aniston cookbook? I was really looking forward to a bunch of recipes that look pretty, but taste bland.

Posted by: MStreet1 | December 9, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

WorldCat lists Coolio's book as being published in 2009, so clearly someone at Jez' library made a typo.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 9, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Let me know if Coolio's book has a section on Mexiterranian because then I will definitely buy it.

Posted by: hodie | December 9, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Jennifer Aniston suffered writer's block when she attempted a home ideas web site.

There's only so much you can do with a carton of Dunhills and a box of Lean Pockets.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 9, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Also, the Amazon listing for Coolio's book actually makes it sound interesting (not a joke after all, except for the intended humor). Apparently part of Coolio's mission is to get people to eat more nutritiously and like it! Sounds like a plan to me.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 9, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Clearly, the Celebritologists have slipped when it comes to Coolio. How could we have missed this?

"His reality show Coolio's Rules,which debuted on the Oxygen Network [????] in October 2008, featured his catering business and continued where his internet TV hit Cookin' with Coolio left off."

I'm going to be hitting the Google tonight to catch up on my Coolio. You losers can content yourselves with the WaPo Holiday Cookie Lineup in the Food Section. I'll be pimpin' in the kitchen with Coolio.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 9, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Liz - Thank you so much for the Cookin with Coolio book idea! My friend is going to love it as a secret santa gift!

Posted by: yalie10 | December 9, 2009 9:10 PM | Report abuse