Posted at 9:02 AM ET, 12/18/2009

LeeLee Sobieski welcomes baby girl; 'Runaways' trailer debuts online

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Sarah Ferguson regrets divorce from Prince Andrew... Amanda Seyfried leaving "Big Love" (after new season) to pursue film career... Elisabeth Hasselbeck asks Stanley Tucci about his wife's reaction to "Lovely Bones" (sadly, Tucci's wife died in May)... LeeLee Sobieski gives birth to baby girl... Melanie Griffith treated for skin cancer... Nancy O'Dell leaving "Access Hollywood"... Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Jones dead at 90.

Pix: Jon Gosselin shoots a handgun in his back yard.

Video: "Runaways" trailer, starring Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning, debuts online...

More: David Beckham cuts George Lopez's hair.

Crime Watch: Mom testifies in Ashanti stalker trial... Pennsylvania man charged with stalking Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck... Michael Lohan's ex busted for kicking him in the head.

Rumor Mill: Beyonce's parents file for divorce... Jon Gosselin owes ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman $90,000... Robert Pattinson freaks out after kiss from swine-flu infected fan... Tiger Woods told alleged mistress no. 14 he only married Elin Nordegren to boost his image... Kevin Jonas to marry this weekend... Kanye West set to wed girlfriend Amber Rose?

Say What?
"I've seen the film and I look ridiculous. I look like some old lesbian." -- Hugh Grant reacts to seeing himself in cowboy gear in "Did You Hear About the Morgans?"

By Liz Kelly  | December 18, 2009; 9:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Biggest celebrity train wrecks of the '00s?
Next: Twits: Bow Wow, Ben Stiller, Spencer Pratt, Ben Stiller, Pam Anderson

Comments

Oh dear. I've got nothing today - more talented (or better caffeinated) Lizards are going to have to take on Hugh et al.

But I did find this gem on another site: it's the wackiest celebrity baby names of the year. I don't know who half of these people are, but I sure feel sorry for their kids. http://tinyurl.com/ylj5jzv

Liz, could this be another "Decade" list in the making?

Posted by: northgs | December 18, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

At least Elisabeth Hasselbeck didn't get Stanley Tucci and that Monk guy confused. I do that all the time. (I hope Monk's wife isn't dead too, because then I'll never sort them out.)

"Pix: Jon Gosselin shoots a handgun in his back yard." Replace "back yard" with "forehead" and we can sell tickets.

"Pennsylvania man charged with stalking Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck..." 1: Ben Affleck was *not* being stalked; he just happens to be near Jennifer Garner all the time. 2: AAA Bail Bonds. That number again is 1-888-GET-BAIL.

"Michael Lohan's ex busted for kicking him in the head." In the words of Arlo Guthrie: "And then the sergeant came in, pinned a medal on me and said, 'Kid, you're our boy.'"

"Jon Gosselin owes ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman $90,000." This is the part where Hailey, a nurse, learns the difference between medical and non-medical leeches.

Say What?
"Is this movie more entertaining than a documentary of the same actors having lunch?" Roger Ebert reacts to seeing Hugh Grant in "Did You Hear About The Morgans?" (SPOILER ALERT: He thinks it isn't.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 18, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I think we could all agree that Michael Lohan needed a good kick in the head. Can we start a legal fund for this woman?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 18, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Michael Lohan's ex busted for kicking him the head. Because she only did it once.

Jon Gosselin owes Hailey $90,000. Well, we now know it was not love but negotiable affection.

Posted by: epjd | December 18, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus

****

And toss in a few extra bucks for a good pair of steel-toed boots?

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 18, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Elisabeth Hasselbeck in attempts to cover her gaffe, quickly amends " I mean from above, you know, like in the book."

Great book, by the way, hope the movie does it justice (they rarely do).

Anyone get a look at the targets Jon was shooting at? I'll give you 10 to 1 that Kate's face was on them.

You know, I'm willing to pitch in for Michael Lohan's ex. so she doesn't have to call AAA Bail Bonds. Anyone else?

Apparently Hailey Glassman did not get her brains from her dad. Don't count on seeing that money anytime soon, sweetheart.

Can't blame Robert Pattison for his reaction. Wouldn't exactly call it freaking out but appropriately angry.
Get your flu shots people.

Hope Kanye has learned his lesson and does not interupt Amber as she says her vows to say, "'scuze me, that's nice whatch your're sayin' and all but BEYONCE IS THE BEST!"

Posted by: hodie | December 18, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

ep, "negotiable affection" gets my vote for Comment of the Week, if not the decade. It apparently not only describes the Gosselman relationship, but all of Tiger's extracurricular ones.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 18, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Too bad Michael Lohan's kick-assailant didn't aim a bit lower on the anatomy.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck really is the gift that keeps giving.

Friday lurve to Liz and the Lizlet. Best wishes for a healthy and snark-ful pregnancy!

Posted by: jaybbub | December 18, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I know everything with the Gosselins is OMGWTFBBQ!1!!! but really, this is news? Firearm ownership and use is perfectly legal in PA. As long as he isn't storing loaded firearms within easy reach of his kids or firing off rounds at houses/people/animals not in hunting season, what's the big deal?

Posted by: DCCubefarm | December 18, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I appreciate Hugh Grant's self-deprecatory humor, but honestly honey, I've seen the trailer and you look fine. SJP, however, needs to have a serious talk with the hair, make-up, lighting, and cinematography folks. Yikes.

Posted by: jaybbub | December 18, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

jaybbub-

**********************************************

That's a little like closing the barn door after the horse has left the stable, isn't it?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 18, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus

------

Blücher!

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 18, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Considering his financial situation, I don't think that AAA Bail Bonds would take on Jon Gosselin as a client. However, if they did, that would make a great set-up of the next season of Dog the Bounty Hunter. For once, we'd bee cheering on The Dog.

Hugh, what do you mean you look *like* some old lesbian? The "walks like a duck" simile (thanks Nosy) applies here.

I agree with ep: Lohan's ex is arrested because she kicked him only once.

Gloria Allred, who represent a couple of the mistresses, says she is negotiating a "settlement." Gloria, I think what you're doing is spelled e-x-t-o-r-t--i-o-n.

Thank you, Dorkus. I now have the theme music to Mister Ed playing my head, and I can't get it out.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

"Sarah Ferguson regrets divorce from Prince Andrew" -- Kinda refreshing, really. I've always liked her. The Original Fergie.

"Elisabeth Hasselbeck asks Stanley Tucci about his wife's reaction to "Lovely Bones" (sadly, Tucci's wife died in May)" -- byoolin, if Tucci and the Monk guy confuse you, then rent "Big Night" and your head will explode.

"Melanie Griffith treated for skin cancer" -- I hope it wasn't caused by any leaking silicone. Or bad botox. Or bad acting. Get better soon, Working Girl!

"Jennifer Jones dead at 90." -- 10 to 1 there's some newspaper somewhere with the headline, "The Death of Bernadette." At least now she'll not only meet the original Bernadette of Lourdes, she can the real scoop on that and the last mystery of Fatima while she's at it.

"Beyonce's parents file for divorce" -- ALL the Single Mommies! All the SINGLE Mommies. If you wanna leave your husband, take a ring off it. Oh. OH OH OH.

"I've seen the film and I look ridiculous. I look like some old lesbian." -- Hugh Grant -- Way to offend some of that moviegoing public, Hughie. So much for that k.d. lang biopic you've been shopping around.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 18, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Byoo' Dr. Frankenstein says that he can surgically remove that hump.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps Jon Gosselin is trying out for the latest Twit of the Wear competition. For those of you under age 40, Twit of the Year has nothing to do with Liz' bi-weekly feature of actors doing dramatic readings of celebrity tweets.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations to Lee Lee Sobieski on the baby! I always thought she looked like a younger version of Helen Hunt.

BTW, what ever happened to Helen Hunt? We never hear about her in this blog. Too well behaved?

Posted by: newengland1 | December 18, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I always saw the resemblance too, newengland1. Helen popped up here in a bikini earlier this month:

But the older they get, Lee Lee looks better. Helen looks worse.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 18, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

cut it out, sas and dorkus! i've had too much coffee and now my mind is pinging back and forth between Young Frankenstein, Frau Blucher and Mr. Ed.

"Yes, he was my boyfriend!"
"A horse is a horse, of course, of course."
"What knockers!"
"Wilbuuuuur!"
"What hump?"
"Neiiiiiighhhhh!"

Posted by: dablues1 | December 18, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

But the older they get, Lee Lee looks better. Helen looks worse.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore

**********************************************

td, are you suggesting that Lee Lee might have a picture of Helen Hunt in her attic?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 18, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1
------------------------------------------
It's a shame that Lee Lee doesn't keep Helen Hunt herself (say that quickly three times)in the attic.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

That picture of Nancy O'Dell suggests a Lizard Contest:

Name and link to a picture of a celebrity whose hair is bigger than his/her head....in any sense of the term.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Melanie Griffith to appear on an episode of Nip/Tuck ... presumably as an example of what NOT to do.

Do all Tiger's mistresses have ginormous injected lips or is it just the cougar and the Uchitel woman? Gloria Allred sure is an opportunist, isn't she.

Posted by: Californian11 | December 18, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I have a question. If Tiger's hook-ups are already known, then what is a settlement for? Not blabbing EVERY detail that happened between them? Seems that is already out in open. So why in the world would Tiger pay them anything? For what?

Posted by: agog1 | December 18, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

If Elizabeth Hasselbeck had been alive in 1865, she would have been the one asking, "Mrs Lincoln, what did you and the President think of the play?"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

heh heh heh ... yes, I'm surprised she didn't say, "Aside from that, Mr. Tucci, what did your wife think of the book?"

Posted by: Californian11 | December 18, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

All - wanted to let you know that two weeks ago little lurker made his debut in to the world. He was two weeks early (due today :)). All went very well - we sent a land speed record for delivery of a first baby - the doc almost missed the show. LL and I are doing very well...

Did I read an above post right, is our Liz expecting??? I'll have to read some back posts to find out... If so, CONGRATS! while the growing belly and morning sickness are not exactly 'fun' the end result is well worth it..

LTL

Posted by: LTL1 | December 18, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations on the little lurker!!! Best wishes to you and your family.

Yes, Liz let us know she is expecting a Lizlet and shared photos. :o)

Posted by: Californian11 | December 18, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Hooray! Hope the Island nursery is ready! Congrats to the lurkers!

Posted by: hodie | December 18, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Big congratulations on Little Lurker! So glad you are both doing well. Lizard Island Day Care will be booming! So much fun added to the holidays..... Joy to you!

Posted by: agog1 | December 18, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Congrats on Kid Kelly, Liz! I just read the news (and saw the first papz pix) in the chat transcript. I would have commented earlier but I've been up to my eyeballs in my second grandchild born this Tuesday. Mazel tov & much health to you and the little one.
methinks

Posted by: pras40 | December 18, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Congrats LTL.

Agog, yes apparently Tiger is paying so no more words about him pass those collagen-enhanced lips. Makes you really curious as to what those words might be, doesn't it?

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 18, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Red. I've been wondering.
I'm sure Lizards can come up with some priceless words that collagen lips might spew...

Posted by: agog1 | December 18, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

As much as those collagen-injected lips might flap, I bet Tiger's paying up because of real or suspected electronic evidence. We've already had some texts and voicemails, I bet there's a lot more of them, and maybe even photos/video, out there...

Posted by: northgs | December 18, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Wow! Kids are popping out all over. Congratulations to all the new and expectant parents...as I sit here wearing my official Maury Povich "I Am Not the Father" tee shirt.

Hmmm...what might those recordings-pics-videos show us about Tiger Woods that we already don't know? Perhaps the alleged Letterman extortionist could use the material to write a screenplay. Perhaps a re-make of the Woody Allen movie, re-titled "Everything You Wanted to Know About Tigers Woods, But Were Afraid to Ask." I'll bet Dave Chappelle could be persuaded to play Tiger Woods.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey Sas, how many times do you have to go Maury to earn that shirt?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 18, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Only once, Dorkus. ;-?>

Or you can buy it here:

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 18, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

congrats, LTL!
methinks

Posted by: pras40 | December 18, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to miss yesterday's TGIF. Huge congrats to LTL and her Little Lurker, and to Granny Methinks!

byoolin

byoolin, maybe we could all re-watch "My Dinner with André" instead.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 19, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse