Posted at 8:24 AM ET, 01/15/2010

Heidi Montag's plastic surgery detailed; George Clooney to host Haiti telethon

By Liz Kelly

Al Pacino discusses his portrayal of Dr. Jack Kevorkian in HBO's 'You Don't Know Jack.' (Reuters)
Friday

Headlines: George Clooney tapped to host MTV Haiti telethon... List of Heidi Montag's recent surgical procedures (including "butt augmentation"!)... With Jay Leno returning to "Tonight", Conan O'Brien expected to leave NBC | Chat about it: 1 p.m. ET: De Moraes on TV... Back on Twitter, Courtney Love threatens to sue estranged daughter's guardians... Dizzy Lady Gaga cancels concert... Sam Worthington signs on to "Avatar" sequel... Tila Tequila's publicist jumps ship... Anne Hathaway named Hasty Pudding woman of the year... "Jersey Shore" crew parties with Leonardo DiCaprio... "Glee's" Matthew Morrison lands record deal... Comedy Central to go ahead with Artie Lange special... Kelis slams PETA in Internet rant... "Golden Girl" Rue McClanahan recovering from stroke... DJ AM's estate settles plane crash suit.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan sex tape set to hit Internet? (Lohan laughs it off)... Tiger Woods sending mobile hospital to Haiti, says pal Russell Simmons... Simon Cowell turned down $100 million offer to stay with "Idol"... Sarah Jessica Parker in talks to work for Halston?

By Liz Kelly  | January 15, 2010; 8:24 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Talking with 'Lost's' Jeff Fahey: part 2
Next: Catching up with Milla Jovovich

Comments

Pacino would be great as Dr. Kevorkian since after watching 88 Minutes I wanted to kill myself.

Courtney Love is keeping it classy as always.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still waiting on James Cameron to make the Titanic sequel.

Sarah Jessica Parker in talks to work for Halston?
-I didn't know Halston had a saddle bag collection.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 15, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Oh good grief, now I'm starting to feel sorry for (ew, ew, ick nast) Heidi, for being the vacuous, pathetic, insecure, (shall I go on?) absurdity she continues to be. Can't say that the plastic surgery has made things better, much less 'perfect'. What a distorted perspective.

Yea George Clooney, kudos to him for showing some celebrities are reasonable, compassionate human beings and not all vacuous, pathetic, insecure absurdities....

Posted by: agog1 | January 15, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Don't see how Heidi's new "enhancements" are going to help her on her baby quest. I only see it as making Spencer more afraid of her. And don't you think her new shoes are ridiculously, cartoonishly out of proportion with the rest of her?

Congrats Matthew Morrison, well deserved. Promise I will not vomit down your back or call you Mr. Jheri curl.

Ick Nast to Lilo rumor. Brain bleach please.

Get well soon to my favorite Golden Girl.

Posted by: hodie2 | January 15, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I might be a bit naive on this point, but should medical doctors be expected to, you know, tell patients "No!" once in a while? Is Heidi Montag an example that the community of plastic surgeons (and those who board-certify them) wants to show? Ignoring the fact that she is quickly moving into the Anna Nicole Smith category you have to wonder why no one is pushing her towards another type of medical professional - a therapist. Is this the only way that she can keep her 15 minutes from expiring?

Posted by: Ebola_22039 | January 15, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Hey Liz, you might want to stop linking to Star Pulse for a while, this is the second time this week it's been flagged as malware by my browser.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 15, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Dare I say it? Heidi Montag actually looks good post-op. Her face is less annoying.

Posted by: Guest1234 | January 15, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Tila has a publicist? An individual paid to sculpt and protect a public image?

On the flip side, I wouldn't want to have to put "Publicist to celebrity Tila Tequila" on my resume. Not in this job market.

I think a sex tape is probably the logical next step for Lindsay Lohan - after all, she hasn't had, or done, a decent acting job in years.

"Jersey Shore" crew parties with Leo DiCaprio. Is Leo somehow hard up for money? (That, and I thought he was Boston Irish mob, not Joisey Italian wannabe mob.) Perhaps he could apply to old friend James Cameron for a role in the Avatar sequel, instead?

Dorkus, I would think if any designer was going to have a saddle bag line, it would be Halston.

Hodie, yep, those shoes are way out of proportion. You are so right, they're only going to scare (and possibly intimidate) Spencer. But if it means they're not procreating, it's all to the good.

Posted by: northgs | January 15, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I think I'll just wait until that list of Heidi Montag's recent surgical procedures includes "euthanasia."

Question for epjd or any other Esqs. here: does Twittering plans to sue constitute proper notice under the law, or is Ms. Love getting some poor advice?

"Comedy Central to go ahead with Artie Lange special." Only this time instead of the audience, the performer will be the one in stitches.

"Lindsay Lohan sex tape set to hit Internet" - now we'll finally get to see what luvlinsey really looks like.

"Tiger Woods sending mobile hospital to Haiti." So those rumours of him having a boat stocked with nurses are true...

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 15, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"Sarah Jessica Parker in talks to work for Halston"... but has already reined in an offer from Budweiser for the role of lead Clydesdale. She's expected to pick a whinner sometime next week.

Posted by: MStreet1 | January 15, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

****
since halston is dead as the proverbial door nail and has been for years, i'd cast my saddle bag line designer vote for ralph lauren..............

Posted by: frieda406 | January 15, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

****

Posted by: frieda406 | January 15, 2010 10:12 AM

I suppose I should have said "design house," since yes, Halston himself has been dead a lotta years.

Posted by: northgs | January 15, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

The key question is whether the Cloonster will host with or without beard.

Since she had a butt augmentation Heidi no longer needs Spencer.

I thought "Dizzy Lady Gaga" was redundant til I read the article.

Lilo must be scraping the bottom of the barrel for publicity. Wait, that's redundant too.

Tiger sends mobile hospital to Haiti in gratitude for getting the news media to talk about something besides him.

I never got the SJP thing. The other SATC women were always more interesting.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 15, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Any minute now, NBC is going to need a bailout. Leno should have the execs making these decisions appear on his "stupid people on the street" segment.

Posted by: kathycoulnj | January 15, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Twitter is not proper notice. It's hard to state a claim in only 140 characters.

Before the plastic surgeons cut her off, can Heidi have her lips shown shut?

Publicist to Tila Tequila? Talk about a no-show job.

Posted by: epjd | January 15, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Reddragon has an excellent point: if you're married to Spencer Pratt, why do you need a butt augmentation? Or a boob augmentation, come to think of it...

Posted by: northgs | January 15, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Butt embiggening? I thought that's what doughnuts were for.

Friday shout-out to Rue McClanahan. Best wishes for a golden recovery.

Tiger Woods sending mobile hospital to Haiti.

As despicable as his private life has been lately, I'm still glad he did this.

Sarah Jessica Parker in talks to work for [house of] Halston?

In all fairness, SJP seems to have considerably more fashion sense than a lot of other celebs we could name. LiLo could take some lessons from SJP.

reddragon: Yes, youré right, Lady Gaga was definitely feeling under the weather. BTW, her costume looks as though she's dressed like a crocus (not that we couldn't all use some spring weather right now, even a little false spring).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 15, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

you're, not youré. Must learn to proofread before hitting "Submit" button(then again, my life wouldn't be nearly as exciting).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 15, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

To Heidi Montag:

Are your ears pinned down?
Does your face no longer frown?
If we threw you in the ocean
would you float and never drown?
After all of the incisions,
augmentations and revisions
Are your ears pinned down?

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 15, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

What's the deal with Pacino's hair? Is he using Kate Gosselin's stylist?

Jay Leno back on "Tonight" means less of a chance I'd see him while changing channels because I don't stay up that late. Either way, I'd rather read two new books by Steve Martin than suffer through two seconds of Jay. Poor Conan.

I read Sam Worthington and think Sam Waterston. Now my mind is a mashup of virtual animated Liberty Mutual ads.

If we're lucky, Matthew Morrison will become so famous as a recording artist that he leaves "Glee." Then a more talented and less cringeworthy singer could replace him on the show! I hear Paula Abdul's available.

Feel better, Rue! Leno needs guests who match his demographic.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 15, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, thx for the SJP explo. Being a typical guy, since the show had "Sex" in the title, I didn't pay attention to her clothes. Except to note that she was wearing some.

mdreader, great song. I always that "pinning back your ears" was an expression similar to "rearranging your face." But a little research shows it is used by the Brits for "listen harder," and by sports cars reviewers to indicate speed.

Al Pacino isn't the Devil, but he played one in the movies. Apparently they do use the same hairstylist. (Or are they all "hair artists" now?)

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 15, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Reddragon, I'm afraid some of the clothes SJP wore on SATC weren't all that. But most times she appears in public as herself, she looks pretty terrific (and could teach fashion-victim celebs a thing or three).

No, ears pinned back (or down) refers to cosmetic surgery to keep them from sticking out so conspicuously.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 15, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone else read Ann Hornaday's article re Alec Baldwin in this coming Sunday's WaPo, but already available online?

There are some interesting bits re his college days at GW (before transferring to NYU). Also this:

"...Baldwin won't be at the Globes ceremony in Los Angeles Sunday night. 'Oh God, no,' he says, calling from somewhere deep in the canyons of Manhattan. 'I have to go to a memorial service for a very dear friend of mine.' / It's not surprising that Baldwin would choose loyalty over being lauded. Last year, when he received a cool million dollars for making a commercial for the Internet TV service Hulu, he turned around and gave the money to NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, which he credits for opening the door to his 30-year career. 'I feel some debt to them on a metaphysical level,' he explains."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 15, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

??

Posted by: silviamtez | January 15, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

I read Halston and my first thought was "Purina?".

Jay, give it up. I just can't see an audience following him back to the Tonight Show. Careerwise though, this is probably the best thing that could happen to Conan.

Posted by: badgerfan1 | January 15, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

23 years old and she's getting a brow lift and Botox? And liposuction? Good god. And yes, the "shoes" are ludicrous -- Pamela Anderson ludicrous. She's rapidly careening into a combination of Pammy, Joan Rivers and Jacko ... she obviously needs psychological help for 'body dysmorphic dysfunction' ...

Posted by: Californian11 | January 15, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

'Sarah Jessica Parker in talks to work for Halston?'

I believe this was a typo and was meant to read, 'Sarah Jessica Parker in talks to work for (a) halter?'

Posted by: jes11 | January 15, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, as the bloody-minded employee of a different school at NYU, I'd love to hear Alec Baldwin do the automated telephone system for NYU Tisch. Maybe as an April Fool joke? (Of course, we'd probably wangle another $1M gift of him for the "honor.")

Posted by: northgs | January 15, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

northgs
Or you could get Carl Kassel on your school's answering machine.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 15, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

"I read Halston and my first thought was 'Purina'?" --badgerfan1

That is HILARIOUS! I see SJP working a red and white checkerboard dress.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 15, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

RIP, Bobby Charles (Guidry), who penned such classic rock hits as "See You Later, Alligator" (hit for Bill Haley and the Comets) and "Walking to New Orleans" (hit for Antoine "Fats" Domino).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 15, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Ebola_22039, I agree that it is a wonder that Heidi is not on her way to becomming the next Anna Nicole Smith (re: her doctor not telling her no). Let's hope that someone draws the line before she crosses the line between surgical abuse and perscription drug abuse.

Posted by: thatoneoverthere | January 19, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse