Posted at 8:21 AM ET, 01/27/2010

No more 'Pirates' for Orlando Bloom; Angelina Jolie posts video tribute to mom

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Orlando Bloom done with "Pirates" movies... Tyra Banks launches plus-size teen model search... Jessica Simpson working to send shoes to Haiti... Dennis Hopper being "pressured" into divorce, wife claims... Anne Hathaway tapped to announce Oscar noms... "Glee's" Jane Lynch plans to wed girlfriend in May... Kevin Federline says depression led to overeating... NBC picks up Conan O'Brien produced pilot... Ashley Judd, 41, penning memoir... Kirstie Alley takes to Twitter to knock down Joy Behar... Amanda Peet expecting baby girl.

Crime Watch: Kiefer Sutherland duped in supposed cattle scam... Susan Boyle surprises home invader.

Rumor Mill: Brangelina not splitting, but did prepare prenup; couple plans to skip Oscars... Paula Abdul offered $1 million "Dancing with the Stars" deal... Tila Tequila shopping ultrasound pic to prove alleged pregnancy... Macaulay Culkin joining the cast of "Big Love"?

Pix: Jesus Luz in Interview magazine photo spread.

Video: Angelina Jolie posts YouTube tribute to late mother...

More: Courtney Love's five-part make-up tutorial.

----

Lost

Join Washington Post TV critic Hank Stuever, Jen Chaney and me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's "Lost" Hour chat. We'll talk about "Lost's" most-stirring moments and next Tuesday's looming season six premiere.

By Liz Kelly  | January 27, 2010; 8:21 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: In celebrities we trust?
Next: List: The least-trustworthy celebs in America

Comments

Hey, I'm done with "Pirates" as well. I guess that means Orlando and I have something in common, though I wish it was Miranda Kerr that we had in common.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 27, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

"Dennis Hopper being "pressured" into divorce" - gee, ya think? Anyone - raise your hand if the second-last item on your Bucket List is "lose the wife."

"Susan Boyle surprises home invader." Said home invader, "When I saw it comin' after me in the dark, I was terrified, you know - I mean, just look at it - and then it opened its jaws, and - it, it, it *sang* at me, with the voice of angels. I was gobsmacked, I tell you - completely surprised. And then it hit me on the side of the head with a frying pan and that's the last thing I remember."

"Courtney Love's five-part make-up tutorial." Be forewarned: parts 2, 3 and 4 are mostly just her ranting about her parents, Frances Bean, and the videographer while she applies and then removes copious amounts of lipstick.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 27, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Being a good little Lizard, I need a new monitor after reading that jessica Simpson is sending shoes to Haiti. I think they need shelter before plastic surgery.

I watch Glee. I am not believing that ultrasound that Tila is claiming is hers. (Congrats to Jane Lynch on her upcoming nuptials).

Posted by: epjd | January 27, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

"Tyra Banks launches plus-size teen model search" -- Not to be rude, but does a plus-size woman really want Tyra in change? Whatever happened to Emme?

"Kirstie Alley takes to Twitter to knock down Joy Behar" -- I don't even care what Kirstie said, but anyone who knocks down that brash loudmouth Joy (if ever there were an inappropriate name for a person) is OK by me.

"Paula Abdul offered $1 million 'Dancing with the Stars' deal" -- Seems like a paltry sum to me considering how inexplicably popular that show is.

"Anne Hathaway tapped to announce Oscar noms" -- Code for "you're not nominated this year."

'Macaulay Culkin joining the cast of 'Big Love'?" -- You can't see me, but right now I am clapping both hands to the side of my face and screaming.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 27, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

That Angelina mother video made me want to yack...actually I guess it's the posting of such a video on youtube that I find repulsive. It does sort of make me think she collects kids as the result of some sort of twisted oedipal complex.

Posted by: mlc2 | January 27, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Kiefer Sutherland asks, "Where's the beef?"
Ms. Jolie posts tribute in grief.
Dennis wants to off his wife.
Ashley writes about her life.
Paula Abdul, dancing for money?
Oh, those Kirstie tweets are funny!

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 27, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

"Amanda Peet expecting baby girl."

"Tila Tequila shopping ultrasound pic to prove alleged pregnancy."

"Susan Boyle surprises home invader."

3D

=

The Broadview Home Services Super Bowl Commercial.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 27, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

md, your math is flawless.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 27, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Ah, Jessie. Always Ms. Practicality. Your line of shoes will work great in an earthquake zone. Maybe if Lilo gives the actual leggings and Jwoww donates her ragshirts, they will be ready to audition for FAME.

Is Kirstie still on Jenny Craig? Must be cause I'm guessing she was hypoglycemic when she sent those incoherent rants via Twitter.

Don't you have to have "nups" to need a "prenup"?

Photo spread of Jesus Luz. HOLY ___! I'm beginning to understand Madonna.

Angelina's mother was truly beautiful. Very nice tribute. Wish I had home video of my own mom.

Posted by: hodie2 | January 27, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Jessica is sending shoes because a nice peep toe wedge is what EVERY Haitian needs!

Posted by: wadejg | January 27, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

td
Whatever happened to Emme?

Funny you should ask, as she was just intereviewed on NPR this past weekend. Also (although she didn't mention it on the radio), she was out of the public spotlight for a while battling cancer, but is now in remission.

ep
I watch Glee. I am not believing that ultrasound that Tila is claiming is hers.

Fortunately for my keyboard and screen, I was between cups of tea when I read that brilliant bit of snark.

Also, ep, you beat me to the punch on the "shoes" comment (great minds thinking alike, and all that). Pookie (a/k/a the Divine Ms. Lisa de Moraes) would be so proud!

Kirstie Alley is such a total wackadoodle (as well as a $cientologist, which I realize is redundant), that my inclination is to side automatically with Team Behar. All others things being equal, I'd rather have Kirstie criticizing me than praising me.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 27, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

hodie
Don't you have to have "nups" to need a "prenup"?

Not since "palimony" was invented.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 27, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Dear K-Fed,

I totally understand.

Yours in fatness,
jaybbub

Posted by: jaybbub | January 27, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Ah, but jaybbub, you have the soul of a beauty-queen!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 27, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Ah, but jaybbub, you have the soul of a beauty-queen!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 27, 2010 11:57 AM

Nosy, for all we know, so does K-Fed. For sure he doesn't have the soul of, say, a rap star or hiphop mogul.

Posted by: northgs | January 27, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

after a hiatus, methinks here...
and I picked a good day to read. mdreader, your poetry was inspired.

Is it possible that Brad & Angie are skipping the Oscars just so they don't have to speak to Ryan Secrest? I believe she loathes him that much.

Posted by: pras40 | January 27, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

k-fed seems to have the soul of a cracker. And I don't mean a Saltine, either.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 27, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Methinks it's good to see you again, methinks.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 27, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I thought Brad & Angie were having to skip the Oscars because with Mickey Rourke, Joaquin Phoenix, and George Clooney in the house, the skanky-beard quotient was already too high.

-Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | January 27, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

joaquin has shaved. he's looking good.

Posted by: frieda406 | January 27, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Methinks! Howdy! I was wonderin' about you just the other day. Nice to see you're still receiving signals via the ether.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 27, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Nice to have you back, methinks. :-)

I might have been more touched by the tribute to Marcheline Bertrand if it wasn't (a) posted on YouTube (attention-wh%re much, Angelina?) and (b) Angelina hadn't had an affair with her mom's boyfriend.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 27, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse