Posted at 7:36 AM ET, 01/ 8/2010

Police raided Casey Johnson's house before death; Lilo accused of copying designs

By Liz Kelly

Unlikely tech nerds Lady Gaga and Dr. Dre appear on Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. (AP)

Friday

Headlines: Police raided Casey Johnson's house three weeks before her death... Tori Spelling to pen third book... NBC planning to return Jay Leno to late-night slot?... Jessica Biel and Emile Hirsch climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for charity... Beyonce paid $2 million to perform for Muammar Gaddafi's son... Gary Coleman suing over full-frontal nude scene... Keanu Reeves wants paternity lawsuit dismissed.

Pix: Bikini-babe Rachel Zoe... Mischa Barton, pretty in purple?... Madonna and Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter -- separated at birth?... Gwyneth Paltrow in London fender bender.

Video: Tila Tequila tapes video farewell to Casey Johnson... Beyonce's "Single Ladies" in Mayberry.

Crime Watch: Stephanie Pratt gets three years probation for DUI.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan accused of copying fashion designs... Is Britney Spears single again?... The Taylors (Swift and Lautner) avoid each other at People's Choice Awards... Original cast re-ups for season 2 of "Jersey Shore."

Say What?
"Meryl looks like an unmade bed, and that's what I look like. To me, that looks true." -- Sharon Stone

By Liz Kelly  | January 8, 2010; 7:36 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nic Cage as everyone
Next: Is death the new sex tape?

Comments

The People article says that Tori Spelling's third book is tentatively called "unchartered [sic] terriTORI". Somebody needs an editor.

I hope NBC doesn't move Jay Leno to that late-night slot - his show is the only one on prime-time tv still exploring the rich treasure trove of Monica Lewinski jokes.

"Jessica Biel and Emile Hirsch climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for charity." I wonder if they found any trace of the other expedition (http://bit.ly/5PnY3u).

""They didn't take my p*n*s out of the movie." I think Gary Coleman just found a new signature phrase to replace "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Casey Johnson is definitely this week's buzziest celeb. Being dead three days before you're found will do that.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 8, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Whoever did the designs orginally should just let Lindsey take credit for them.

Well, we know the price of Beyonce's soul now.

Posted by: epjd | January 8, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

If by "late night", NBC means "three AM on Bravo," I'm all for relocating Jay.

I'm afraid to click on the Rachel Zoe link. Bikini-clad skeletons over breakfast is a bit too much for me.

Props to Mischa Barton for no longer looking like a walking skeleton, even if I don't love her outfit.

Gwyneth Paltrow involved in fender-bender. Does this mean we can expect GOOP to re-launch with recipes for all-natural, organic, low-VOC Bond-o and primer?

Posted by: northgs | January 8, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I think that is Lady Gaga's reaction from meeting the Queen. And Dr Dre's reaction to it.

Presumably "climbing Mt. Kilamanjaro" is not the same as "hiking the Appalachian trail."

northgs, I looked. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I'm totally not a Howard Stern fan due to an unfortunate radio encounter when he was still a snot-nosed high school kid on a local NYC station, but Arte Lange should be further up the scale. Tila Tequila is just using this in a very morbid way.

I have a harder time associating Merle Streep with an unmade bed than I do Sharon Stone. Merle could read a laundry list and I would still watch and listen. Sharon could help me unmake the bed...

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 8, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

thanks byoolin, now I'm sure to get extra penance for laughing at that Casey Johnson comment.

I'm sure Dr Dre is thinking how he will not get stuck sitting behind Lady Gaga in any of the screening events at the Consumer Electronics show.

Tori Spelling pens third book. That's what happens when there is no parental supervision.

Madge and the Mad Hatter separated at birth? LOL! I think definitely!

Wonder if there is any forth-coming advice on GOOP for getting out of traffic citations or consoling your victim.

Posted by: hodie2 | January 8, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

The Sourcettes report that Hanes has yanked Charlie Sheen's underwear

ads, that is.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 8, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

That Rachel Zoe thing is scary. Seriously. Not in a snarky way, but in a "Dachau-thin isn't a good look" way. *shudder*

Friday love to Artie Lange. I don't like Howard Stern, but this man seems like he can use all the love and support he can get right now.

Posted by: jaybbub | January 8, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

hey, hodie. Just read the Steph Pratt article. Is rehab no longer the treatment of choice for addiction, or what?

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 8, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

hodie

Oops, I misread this as "prenatal supervision" (paging Dr. Freud). No more anagrams for moi.

Lindsay Lohan accused of copying fashion designs.

You mean TWO people actually liked them, or at least thought they were economically viable?

byoolin
"Jessica Biel and Emile Hirsch climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for charity." I wonder if they found any trace of the other expedition.

I assumed they were searching for Sasquatch's relatives. Nevermind.

Mischa Barton, pretty in purple?

Mischa, honey, now that you've begun to fill out a bit, you need to start wearing a bra when you go out in public.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 8, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Is that just a bad angle, or is Lady Gaga's chin really that weak? If so, a little chin-implant wouldn't hurt, or getting that nasty overbite fixed by an orthodontist.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 8, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

The link to the pic of Rachel Zoe in a bikini is wrong. It's mistakenly showing a picture of a concentration camp survivor.

Posted by: buffysummers | January 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, as far as I know, rehab is still a recommended treatment for alcohol/drug addiction but it is always voluntary. Perhaps the doctor meant that she doesn't require inpatient rehab. Sounds like she is participating in several outpatient programs including AA. Hopefully she is getting enough help.

Posted by: hodie2 | January 8, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm all for Jay Leno being in a late-night slot....if by that is meant a quarter slot machine in a run down casino away from the main strip in Las Vegas.

I don't care about the price for Beyonce's soul. I want to know the price for a piece of her bootie.

Long ago, I had a supervisor who used the euphemism "Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro" to refer to all-weekend benders. he also seems to be "Driving the porcelain bus," a lot.

Dr. Dre regrets lending his guns to Gilbert Arenas.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 8, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

hodie,

thx. I'm there with hoping she's getting enough help.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 8, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

The first step in Stephanie's recovery should be getting her away from brother, Spencer. He could drive anyone to drink.

Posted by: hodie2 | January 8, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Beyonce. It's not like she needs the money; does she not have any morals?

SkeleZoe, meet "Body Dysmorphic Disorder". Holy moly. She's #1 right now in the celeb death pool, most likely to die of a heart attack from anorexia nervosa.

Good for Mischa. A celeb who eats.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 8, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse