Posted at 7:40 AM ET, 01/22/2010

Stars align for Haiti relief; Heidi Montag's mom 'horrified' at surgery

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Brad Pitt, Robert Pattinson, Beyonce, Madonna sign on for Haiti telethon; Kanye West not banned from show... George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio each donate $1 million to relief efforts... Shakira to build children's school in Haiti... Ricky Martin tours Port-au-Prince... Jay Leno tapped to host White House Correspondents Dinner... Heidi Montag's mom "horrified" by daughter's surgeries... Robert Redford doesn't want Paris Hilton at Sundance... Tori Spelling, Heidi Klum decorate bathrooms with naked pics of themselves... Italian reporter tries to grab David Beckham's crotch... Mickey Rourke calls Russian girlfriend a "gift from heaven"... Judge delays Charlie Sheen's court date... Rob Lowe leaving "Brothers & Sisters"... Jennifer Garner talks about finding time for career and family... Mischa Barton sued for non-payment of $7,000 a month rent... Cher's Hawaii home sells for $8.7 million... Christina Aguilera puts her L.A. home on the market... Jessica Simpson set to launch denim line... "Jersey Shore's" JWoww debuts top collection... "Real Housewife" LuAnn de Lesseps recording dance single.

Rumor Mill: Jay Leno to make Oprah show appearance... Does Rihanna's new boyfriend have a history of violence against women?... Star Jones fired from "The Insider"?

Pix: Hayden Panettiere goes red.

Video: Pee Wee Herman explains the late night wars for Conan O'Brien...

"Lost" recapped by an Italian family from Long Island...

By Liz Kelly  | January 22, 2010; 7:40 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heidi Montag sells fewer than 1,000 albums; Charlie Sheen visits wife in hospital
Next: Brangelina split rumor debunked; Johnny Depp victim of Internet death hoax

Comments

Who would have thought that Heidi Klum and Gene Weingarten would have this in common.

Posted by: mikemclennan | January 22, 2010 8:02 AM | Report abuse

Leno?!? Say what you will about the Bush White House (and you'll have to say it, because if I do it's mostly just a string of expletives), but at least they had the balls to book Colbert for the Correspondents Dinner. Was Rich Little not available?

"Tori Spelling, Heidi Klum decorate bathrooms with naked pics of themselves." Betcha Seal spends more time on the can than Dean McDermott does.

"Italian reporter tries to grab David Beckham's crotch." Just trying to get a feel for exactly what "bent like Beckham" means.

"Mickey Rourke calls Russian girlfriend a 'gift from heaven.'" His Russian's not so good - the website's actually called "Wh*res from Minsk."

"Does Rihanna's new boyfriend have a history of violence against women?" First person to answer 'Beats me' wins Comment of the Day.

Never mind "Hayden Panettiere goes red." How about "Hayden Panettiere dating 6'-6" Olympic gold medalist and world heavyweight boxing champ with a 53-3 pro record, a Ph.D. and who speaks four languages"? (Also, Hayden's bf can beat up Rihanna's bf.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 22, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

And mikemclennan takes the early lead in Comment of the Day voting...

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 22, 2010 8:19 AM | Report abuse

I LOVE both video clips this morning!

Posted by: talleyl | January 22, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

mikemclennan beat me to the punch.

Good idea Rob Lowe, that worked so well for you with The West Wing. *cough Lyon's Den cough*

Jay Leno tapped to host White House Correspondents Dinner...and the only awkward moment will be when Robert Gibbs walks in with his Team Coco shirt on.

Robert Redford=Hero.

Ricky Martin tours Port-au-Prince...Haven't they suffered enough?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Beats me, byoolin! (And BTW, Minsk is in Belarus, not Russia. But you knew that.)

Looks to me like Cher is about to make Leo's and George's donations look like chicken feed now that she has all that extra cash.

Jennifer Garner still has a career?

Leno on Oprah? Perhaps my dream of a surprise meteor shower over Harpo Studios will finally come true, and with an added bonus.

Tori, this is the ONLY thing you have in common with supermodel Heidi.

Rob Lowe's storyline to leave that show is that he's running for a vacant congressional seat. Oh wait, that was another show.

Earth to Redford: No one wants Paris Hilton anywhere. Who gave you a vote?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 22, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Conan and Leno would have gotten higher ratings had they decorated their sets with naked pictures of Heidi Klum. Their ratings couldn't have gotten much worse if they had decorated their sets with naked pictures of Tori Spelling.

If Gene Weingarten stared at naked pictures of Tori Spelling, would he need Pat the Perfect for a Spelling Check?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Dahleengs, it's obvious why Cher sold her house for $8.7 mill.

Keeping up with Heidi Montag is expensive.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

It's so rainy and dreary I can't summon the snark today. But it's still early.....

Friday love to Elizabeth Edwards! I don't know how she can stand to look at that blow-dried sleaze bag she's married to.

Posted by: jaybbub | January 22, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Ok, Kanye can come to the telethon but someone be ready to tackle him when he says "I know you're sufferin' and all but KATRINA WAS THE BEST!"

Ricky Martin tour Port au Prince. Ditto what Dorkus said.

Mrs. Montag, so are we. So are we.

Someone tell Paris her "breakthrough" performance is not considered to be an Indie film.

In a couple years I can see little Seal jr's friends all coming up to the door and asking to use the bathroom.

Darn, can't see the videos.

Sas, you're hear early today.

Posted by: hodie | January 22, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Sas, I meant "you're HERE early today". TGIF!

Posted by: hodie | January 22, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Heidi, if you find yourself doing the same thing as Tori Spelling, you probably shouldn't do it.

Robert Redford must be nice to own the festival so you can keep the skanks out. P.S. you might want to include Heidi Montag in that ban too.

Posted by: epjd | January 22, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Mickey Rourke calls new Russian GF a "gift from heaven." So G-d's in the mail-order business. This begs the question: why did Moses have to schlep up Mount Sinai to pick up the Ten Commandments? There's *always* a free-shipping-with-minimum-order deal...

Props to US Magazine for illustrating its story on JSimp's denim line with a picture of Ms. Simpson... in a black cocktail dress.

Posted by: northgs | January 22, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I am so sorry that I was so bored last w-e that I now know who Jwowww is...

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 22, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Just had a thought that Paris ought to go to the Cannes film festival instead. She could sponsor a "Skanque Retrospective."

Speaking of Cannes, JLo and Demi ought to go there too. Since they are famous for their "Cannes."

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 22, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 22, 2010 8:17 AM
==========================================
Of all the stupid information rolling around in my cranium, turns out, I know quite about about who books the keynote at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

It's the White House Correspondents Association, not the White House itself.

It's why, after the Lewinsky scandal, the WHCA booked Imus. Do you think Clinton would have booked Imus?

The person responsible for Colbert in 2006 was the president of the WHCA that year. Send your cards and letters to Steve Scully at C-SPAN.

The year after that (still the Bush Administration) was....wait for it.....

RICH LITTLE!!!

Leno appeared in 2004.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Saw this morning's Celebritology headline, misread it as "Stars align for Heidi Montag relief." More caffeine (or maybe I need glasses).

ep and Dorkus, at least Paris Hilton knows what Sundance is, whereas I doubt Heincer does.

Shakira to build children's school in Haiti.

Props to the "Hips Don't Lie" gal, whose children's charity has already built several schools in Colombia.

Cher's Hawaii home sells for $8.7 million.

Gotta defend Cher on this one: She's bought, renovated, then resold a number of houses over the years. It's a serious hobby of hers, not indicative of anything more than that she completed renovations on this house, so will presumably soon be using the proceeds to buy another house to fix up.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

"Real Housewife" LuAnn de Lesseps recording dance single.
- First Kim from Atlanta, now LuAnn from New York...maybe the Real Housewives should put out a group album and see if they can beat Heidi.a pf fna oi c3u0u0&$$#

[Excuse me, excuse me...don't mean to interrupt, actually I do mean to interrupt.

It's Kanye here and I've been doing some thinking. What do Katrina, the Tsunami and the Haiti Earthquake have in common?

That's right. Black people. It's clear to me that God hates black people.]

But Kanye, what about the L'Quila, China and Pakistan earthquakes and that nasty landslide in Chile last year?

[Chileans, Pakistanis, Chinese Italians...they're black enough. I watch the Jersey Shore. God hates them too.

Give generously. It's us against God, y'all. We need all the help we can get.]

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

mdreader, thank you for setting me straight on the WHCA thing. FWIW, I was going to use Fred Travalena in place of Rich Little until I realized that Fred, like Zed, is dead.

But now I have a string of expletives queued up and no immediate reason to unleash them. (I wouldn't want to be the guy going 5mph under the limit on I-70 near Wheeling today.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 22, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Imagine of Vince Offer and JWoww got together. You'd have "sexy sophiticated tops" that could absorb a whole evening of drinks spilled on them.

And if you act now, they'd throw in a Slap Chop for free.

Just pay shipping and handling.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Also, I think I might adopt "It's us against God" as my motto.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 22, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

hodie is stepping away from mdreader and byoolin just in case lightning bolts start flying....

Posted by: hodie | January 22, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I just looked at my post and realized that Kanye forgot to put a comma between "Chinese" and "Italians."

That Kanye....

Although maybe he meant to do that on purpose. I suppose Chinese Italians are a real put-upon minority.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I'm with hodie about staying away from mdreader01 and byoolin. Yikes!

mdreader01, re: "It's clear to me that God hates black people." you are KILLING me! (Did you watch 30 Rock last night by chance?)

Fred Travelina died? Wow. And hey, if I were the WHCA booker, I'd go with Rip Taylor. (He's still around, yes?) It'd be worth it just to see the confetti fly.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 22, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

I love how the family got Gene Weingarten to play Desmond!

Posted by: mat00 | January 22, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 22, 2010 11:18 AM |

----------------------------------------
Byoo; if you haven't seen it, skim through this Lewis Black routine:

Lewis Black describes why the Kennedy Center refused to book him because he exceeded their metric for the number of uses of the F-bomb.

And don't miss Lew recounting his experience headlining the WHC dinner.

Betcha that Lew would offer to buy a few expletives from you if you're in a mood to sell.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

sas, it says "This video is currently unvailable."

Just another disappointment in Lizardland because when I went to the Jwoww story the link to her site didn't work either.

Now I'll never get to customize my very own skanque-fit.

Posted by: wadejg | January 22, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh...I take that back...it's working now...words...failme.

Posted by: wadejg | January 22, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 11:48 AM |

i read "chinese italians" and got a mental image of a HUGE fight in the kitchen at family gatherings:
* "whatta you think you're doing? you can't substitute rice noodles for fettucini!";
* "who put the parm on the lo mein?";
* "get your meatballs outta my wok!;"

Yeah, it's a slow day so far. TGIF.

Posted by: dablues1 | January 22, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

A nod in memory of Gypsy jazz guitarist Django Reinhart, the centennial of whose birth is being celebrated this weekend.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Naked pics of Lollipop Spelling of the dented, really bad implants? Pass the brain bleach, please ...

"Dark side of her own and attracted to bad boys" is what I thought about Rihanna, too. 'Course, I don't know her -- but just an inkling. Sad.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 22, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Hope you're staying dry and safe during the deluge, Californian. How about you too, sorcerers cat?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

checking in from arizona. we got california's big storm yesterday. wild winds and torrential rain. roads closes, trees down, etc. etc. the worst is a 6 year old was swept away by the waters. his parents were taking him to the emergency room as he was very ill. waters pushed their truck down the road and everyone fell out.
neither countess crackerjacks du lesseps nor anyone else have nothing on general larry plat. PANTS ON THE FLOOR! now, that's a hit.

Posted by: frieda406 | January 22, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Nosy. All safe here (knock wood). I actually love all the rain, cold, and REAL weather, but yes, it is worrisome during storms like this because we just aren't set up for it and a lot of sad things happen. Lots of flooding and trees down and accidents around the county. The road I normally take to work is under 6-8 feet of water.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 22, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I think those Jwoww tops are best termed "shoe"shine rags. And if anybody else goes to her site, the "Shop Jwoww" link is mildly NSFW.

Posted by: northgs | January 22, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | January 22, 2010 1:41 PM
=====================================
Real weather is ok, as long as you have real vegetation to hold the earth in place.

Otherwise, Kanye would like to you to know how the guy upstairs feels about California, too.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: northgs | January 22, 2010 1:48 PM
====================
JWowww should team up with Ping Wu from Project Runway and they could produce garments that expose women on both ends.

Yes, guys. While you were busy watching Jay Leno, I was watching cheeks, cracks and nips on Project Runway.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

mdreader01, how about that Ping, eh? Hope you're catching the TLo snark.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 22, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

mdreader I was watching Project Runway with you. Why was Ping not auffed? Couldn't stay up long enough for Models of the Runway. How did it go for that poor girl who had to wear the booty bearing potato-sack to the industry event?

Does the plastic Solo cup of beer come with purchase of a Jwow shoeshine-shirt? Noticed nearly each photo included it in the shot.

Posted by: hodie | January 22, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

hodie, Ping's model wore black tights to the industry event.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 22, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

We're cold and wet but pretty much okay, thanks for asking. Some pretty wild stuff--I particularly liked the 40 foot catamaran being picked up by a waterspout and dropped on top of another boat just down the coast. Lots of lightning yesterday along with the wind and rain. One hazard in los angeles is the dead 8 foot fronds flying off the palm trees (fully capable of smashing through windows and sunroofs) and littering the roads (not so great for your car's undercarriage if you miss sighting one.) And it's a bummer about all the slides--hate to see the precious topsoil washed away.

But it all makes a change from our usual sunny 75 degrees!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | January 22, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, also hope there aren't any killer avocados or coconuts letting loose off trees this time of year, too. Either could give a person quite a knock on the noggin!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I think Ping Wu's model survived. All the designers were switching off models left and right. The gal with the gimpy knee (Pamela's model?) got sent home, which is probably a good thing because she almost passed out from the pain during judging.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

RIP, the luminous and talented Jean Simmons.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 23, 2010 12:41 AM | Report abuse