Posted at 12:08 PM ET, 01/19/2010

Surgically-enhanced Heidi Montag: 'Beauty's really within'

By Liz Kelly

A post-surgery Montag on the cover of People. (Courtesy People Magazine)

The Barbie doll formerly known as Heidi Montag appeared on Good Morning America today to show off her newly-rubbery features and deny that she's addicted to plastic surgery.

In case you were busy following real news last week, we learned that Heidi -- in November 2009 -- underwent 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day. Montag had almost every part of her body re-imagined -- from a brow lift (at age 23?!) to a downright Playboy-esque boob job (she's now a triple-D and tells GMA's Juju Chang that they don't look very big).

Why did vapid yet undeniably cute Montag feel the need to go under the knife? To further her budding (ahem) career as a pop singer. Montag's new album, the aptly-named "Superficial," was released last week.

But is she addicted to surgery? No, says Montag.

"If I were addicted I would have had 10 plastic surgeries," she told Chang.

When Chang reminded Montag that she did, in fact, have 10 procedures she backpedaled saying she's really only had two -- one three years ago and then her marathon day under the knife in November. "If you're addicted to something," she said, "you have to do it all the time, not once every couple of years."

And what kind of message is Montag sending to her young, impressionable "Hills" fans?

"Beauty's really within," she deadpanned. Or at least I think she deadpanned. It's possible that her Real Doll reminiscent face is no longer able to register nuance of expression.

By Liz Kelly  | January 19, 2010; 12:08 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wyclef Jean's defends Haitian charity; Dennis Hopper files for divorce
Next: Johnny Depp named GQ's most-stylish man; ScarJo auctions herself for Haiti charity

Comments

"Beauty's really within," says Heidi.

To which I say, "So, do you maintain your shape solely through gas pressure, like a blimp, or do you have a rigid frame, like The Hindenburg?"

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 19, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully she was blessed with big feet to go with those big "shoes". And to that I would add that she should avoid stilettos or else that girl is going down with the next big wind.

Posted by: hodie | January 19, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Liz - I thoroughly enjoy reading your articles and the comments that follow . However, I wish you'd stop giving people like Heidi Montag & Spencer Whatever the means to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

Getting written about in your column translates to fame ....or notoriety for many celebs, and in her warped world, I think it translates to success. She is an irrelevant non-entity.

Posted by: MDey | January 19, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Wow. I'm trying to think if I've ever seen as big a case of "being in denial" as Heidi Montag.

Still thinking ...

And, nope.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 19, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Liz, your commentary is great. Other than byoolin1's brilliant snark, there isn't much that we Lizards can add.

Posted by: CentreOfNowhere1 | January 19, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Was I not paying sufficiently close attention Sunday evening, or are Heincer nowadays such total Z-listers that they couldn't even get to the Golden Globes re-carpet? I bet even the Salahis could've managed it, back before their White House maneuver backfired on them.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 19, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

What MDey said. Isn't -- byoolin's characteristically brilliant snark aside -- commenting on the inanity of that which is Heincer inadvertently furthering its notoriety? I've said it before and I'll say it again. She looks completely bland and forgettable -- only now, since the plastic surgery, even more so. Like she's trying really hard to be as totally generic as possible. Aim higher, Heidi!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 19, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Is it me, or does she eerily resemble Teri Hatcher, who is at least 20 years older? Put a dark wig on her and she could be filling in on Desperate Housewives.

Posted by: themegnapkin | January 19, 2010 6:47 PM | Report abuse

DDD? Must be using New Math. That aint no DDD. That aint no real woman either, but that's beside the point.

Posted by: EricS2 | January 20, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

For a long time I thought that Heincer were an act for TV, just playing at being borderline mentally challenged, but going to plastic surgery extremes at such a young age just equals mental instability in my book.

I'm w/the others, if we could pick on celeb to ignore & never report about again not even their deaths, it'd be Heincer.

They almost make Paris Hilton palatable.

Posted by: wadejg | January 20, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse