Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 01/ 5/2010

Tiger topless on new Vanity Fair cover; Vince Vaughn marries

By Liz Kelly

Tiger Woods (Reuters/Vanity Fair)
Tuesday

Headlines: Topless Tiger Woods pumps iron (in four-year-old pix) on Vanity Fair cover (more details later this morning)... Vince Vaughn marries... Jennifer Aniston helps shape new paparazzi law... Rosie O'Donnell calls new relationship "yummy"... Johnson & Johnson heiress (and Tila Tequila fiancee) Casey Johnson found dead in Los Angeles... Morgan Freeman replaces Walter Cronkite as voice of "CBS Evening News"... Charlie Sheen returns to work... David Beckham not a "big enough star" for the "Simpsons"... Joan Rivers claims she was "held hostage" in Costa Rica... Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich to compete on "Celebrity Apprentice"... NBC picks up Adam Corolla comedy pilot.

Pics: Michael Cera gets a "Jersey Shore" makeover.

Video: Lindsay Lohan's biggest fan.

Rumor Mill: Rihanna dating L.A. Dodger Matt Kemp?... Michael Lohan romancing Jon Gosselin ex Kate Major... Kathy Griffin banned from CNN.

Say What?
"I'm like, 'Damn, I wear too much makeup!' Good God, does no one tell me I look like a transvestite every day!?" -- Rachel Zoe after seeing the first season of her show, "The Rachel Zoe Project"

By Liz Kelly  | January 5, 2010; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Warren Beatty, crunching the numbers
Next: In Vanity Fair, Tiger's take on black athletes, lesbians

Comments

Liz, can't wait for the details on topless Tiger pix.

I don't like the paps, but if Jen would STFU, she wouldn't have to deal with so many.

Morgan, "The CBS Evening News with the incredibly hawt Katie Couric..."

Guess The Simpsons doesn't air in Britain.

The thought of Joan Rivers as a hostage immediately brought to mind, "The Ransom of Red Chief."

I didn't think Kathy Griffin was "a big enough star" to be banned from CNN.

Michael Lohan seems like the kinda guy to "romance" Jon Gosselin's exes.

Rachel, lose the 'do and you'll look less Tranny.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 5, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Good timing there Tiger.

Rachel, it's not the actual amount of makeup. It's the makeup to body weight ratio that makes it look excessive.

The Casey Johnson story is just weird. Count on Tila to milk this for all its worth. And boy was that a fast courtship considering just a couple months ago Tila was bringing charges against "boyfriend" Shawne Merriman.

Vnce Vaughn marries - giving Jennifer another ex to complain about.

Posted by: epjd | January 5, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Leave it to Rosie to use food analogies for any sort of descriptor.

Jennifer Anniston will celebrate that new paparazzi law until she realizes that it keeps the paps from paying attention to her.

I hope there's an angry mob with torches and pitch forks out there trying to find whoever paid the ransom for Joan Rivers.

The real reason Kathy Griffin was booted from CNN was apparently because Wolf Blitzer told Anderson Cooper that he was th only one allowed to have a beard.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 5, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

The only thing attractive to me about Tiger Woods is his money. I've never quite understood why everyone thinks he's so physically attractive.

IMHO, he's kinda goofy lookin'.

Gimme Hugh Jackman any day, anywhere, any time.

Posted by: wadejg | January 5, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

The pics of Tiger looked convincing until we saw him get the crap beat out of him by a skinny blonde chick with a golf club.

I take the new Mrs. Vaughn had not seen the Breakup.

I'm afraid for anyone whom Rosie describes as "yummy".

Beckham to Simpsons: "Eat my shorts."

Bravo for airport security for sniffing out American terrorists like Rivers. She has been frightening us for far too long. Does she go to Gitmo now?

What, is the Donald finally looking for pointers on a new hairstyle?

Posted by: hodie | January 5, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Tiger Woods takes off his shirt - and will lose it soon enough.

Perhaps if more laws were Jennifer Aniston-shaped, we'd pay a little more attention to them.

Joan Rivers was *not* "held hostage" in Costa Rica - they thought she was a chupacabra. It's not just her looks: apparently her voice, especially when agitated, sounds a lot like the mythical beast.

"Kathy Griffin banned from CNN." That's ironic: I can't watch their programming without using the same word that got her banned.

"Good God, does no one tell me I look like a transvestite every day!?" -- Rachel Zoe
Let me answer your question with another question: "Pre-op or postop?")

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 5, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

How was Casey Johnson allowed to adopted a child? Hasn't she been troubled for a while? Seems like it was a case of a rich woman going to a foreign country and buying a baby.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | January 5, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, sounds like the Rivers "hostage" situation reminds you Mary Shelley rather than O Henry.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 5, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

TigerLily81 - Sadly, I think that's probably what happened. Sounds like her Mom took the child at some point though due to Casey being unfit. Hopefully that is true.

Posted by: Vienna8425 | January 5, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

reddraggon, I'm pretty sure that there are very few situations that can't be resolved by angry mobs with torches and pitch forks.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 5, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Michael Cera's Jersey Shore makeover makes him look like Art Garfunkel.

-- Had that hostage situation been more prolonged, could we have seen both Joan and Rob on the same season of Celeb Apprentice? Wouldn't that have been fantastic?

--So getting "engaged" to Tila Tequila is not a personal milestone. It's actually a warning sign.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 5, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I wonder how Larry King feels about Kathy Griffin being banned from CNN. She is on his show about once a month.

Posted by: buffysummers | January 5, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Comment o' the week:

Now, off to buy some screen cleaner....

Posted by: dablues1 | January 5, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Oops, neglected to credit dorkus with that comment o' the week!

Posted by: dablues1 | January 5, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I love that the Vince Vaughn article crams in as many movie titles as it can--and that the AP chose "Couples Retreat" as the one for the headline.

Posted by: mouse4 | January 5, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Sure, skeleZoe, I'll volunteer for the social service assignment of telling you you look like an anorexic transvestite every day. And sure, I'll tell you you wear way too much makeup and fugly clothes.

Speaking of scary-looking people, WHOA on that Johnson girl's lips! What happened there? Maybe the coroner should look into collagen overdose as the cause of death?

Posted by: Californian11 | January 5, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Given that Rachel Zoe looks like Donatella Versace ten years ago, "transvestite" might be as good as she gets. Although most trannies have more meat on their bones.

Posted by: northgs | January 5, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

No, but a few people actually think you look like a zombie, only they won't tell you to your face.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 5, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

--Byoolin

------------------------------------------
F***in' A, Byoo'!!!!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 5, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I think Tiger looks awful in that picture. Ugliest pic of him I've ever seen. And because I can't seem to get into the comments on that post--the article/interview Tiger did when he was 21 that revealed his immature frat boy self before IMG put him in total image control was not a Vanity Fair article, it was a GQ interview.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | January 5, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse