Posted at 11:18 AM ET, 01/13/2010

Talking with 'Lost's' Jeff Fahey: Part 1

By Liz Kelly

Jeff Fahey may have been a latecomer to the "Lost" party, joining the show in season four, but he quickly became a fan favorite. In the show's upcoming sixth and final season, the veteran actor -- who plays rough-and-ready pilot Frank Lapidus -- joins the cast as a regular.

On Tuesday, Jen Chaney and I sat down with Fahey to discuss what those highly anticipated final episodes of "Lost" -- which will debut without interruption from the president on Feb. 2 -- will mean for the man who *almost* flew our Losties to Guam. We also talked extensively with Fahey about his work on refugee issues, an issue we'll cover in part two of this interview, to be posted here tomorrow. (We also managed to sneak in a couple of questions about Fahey's role in Robert Rodriguez's "Grindhouse"-inspired "Machete.")

For now, watch this video to get Fahey's take on the upcoming season, then join Jen, Entertainment Weekly's "Lost" master Jeff Jensen and me today at 2 p.m. ET for the "Lost" Hour chat.

Coming tomorrow: See a side of Fahey -- a man committed to raising awareness about the Algerian-controlled refugee camps in the western Sahara -- that you haven't seen before.

---

-- "Lost" Central: Years worth of analysis, chat transcripts and more.
-- Time/Space: "Lost": An interactive timeline of the past five seasons.
-- Twitter: Jen and Liz on "Lost"

By Liz Kelly  | January 13, 2010; 11:18 AM ET
Categories:  Lost
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Casey Johnson buried; Jon Mayer swears off Twitter (for a week)
Next: Celebs urge help for Haiti; No more free GM cars for Tiger Woods

Comments

Eek, I almost wore an identical outfit.

Anyway, I do believe he has had one of the best lines of the entire show.... "We're not going to Guam, are we?"

Posted by: hodie | January 13, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Handsome man. Can't wait for part 2.

And he also seems to be following along with our Beard Theme Week we've got goin' on here!

Posted by: wadejg | January 13, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

*delurk*
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo excited about Lost coming back and this is really helping to get me in the mood. I'm eagerly awaiting the recaps!!!

I'm even happier because they moved my meeting schedule around, so I have afternoons free for chats. WOOHOO!

Posted by: eet7e | January 13, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I can't watch it. Can you please provide a transcript? Or someone give me the jist of it? I am jonesing!

Posted by: stefs624 | January 13, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Nothing but class, that Jeff Fahey. His vibe on the show is perfect and was needed - sort of an "outsider" who has nothing to hide.

Posted by: patrick4 | January 13, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse