Posted at 11:33 AM ET, 02/ 2/2010

Caught on tape: Nick Nolte, dumpster diver

By Liz Kelly

Nolte leaves no trash can unchecked. (Screengrab from Radar.com)

Have you seen the Radar.com video of Nick Nolte searching Venice, Calif., trash cans and dumpsters for a missing bag? If not, by all means, take a moment and have a look because Nolte seems to be poised to out-do Gary "I'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" Busey in the once-successful-actor-turned-borderline-psycho department.

The actor, who it should be noted still works on a regular basis but is far from his career highs (arguably "48 Hours," "Prince of Tides" and one of my fave Nolte flicks, "North Dallas Forty"), has a few movies in production according to IMDB.com.

In 2002, Nolte posed for this unforgettable mug shot and later pleaded no contest to charges of driving under the influence of the date-rape drug GHB.

How would Nolte's bag have ended up in the trash? Why is it so important? The only clue Nolte provides is in a cryptic statement about midway through the video:

"Somebody's probably swallowed a bottle of Xanax by now. And they've probably had a beer or two."

I think, Mr. Nolte, it's safe to say that someone has, indeed. Paging Dr. Drew.

By Liz Kelly  | February 2, 2010; 11:33 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Hollyweird
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tila Tequila deletes Twitter account!
Next: Time to get "Lost"

Comments

I think that Nick is looking for a really trashy woman. Is he hoping to find Tila Tequila, Courtney Love, Amy Winehouse, LiLo, or someone else?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 2, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps he is trying to re-create his scenes from "Down & Out in Beverly Hills"?

Posted by: akmitc | February 2, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Just want to say that I'm not Nick Nolte; I have a much better mug shot.

Posted by: DumpsterDiving | February 2, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

For the longest time I actually couldn't tell Nick Nolte and Gary Busey apart. This doesn't help.

Posted by: auntiemare | February 2, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

auntiemare, you are not the only one!

Posted by: hodie | February 2, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

If only I had a nickel for everytime a patient has told me "the pills were knocked down the drain, or thrown away in the trash, or the dog ate them, or stolen etc"...
Maybe Nick is making sure this looks good for when he hits his own doc up for a refill.

Posted by: hodie | February 2, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Ahh, Xanax and beer, the breakfast of champions.

Posted by: northgs | February 2, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse