Posted at 7:41 AM ET, 02/24/2010

Charlie Sheen enters rehab; Gary Busey welcomes baby boy

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Charlie Sheen enters rehab... Tiger and Elin Woods apologize to daughter's school for "media scrutiny"... Australian fans demand refund for disastrous Whitney Houston performance (says one concert-goer in the accompanying video: "She couldn't entertain a dead rat.")... Lindsay Lohan says Samantha Ronson is the only woman for her... Kiefer Sutherland to return to "24" set Monday... Bristol Palin to make acting debut on "Secret Life of the American Teenager"... 65-year-old Gary Busey and girlfriend welcome baby boy.

Rumor Mill: Matt Damon to star in RFK biopic... Lindsay Lohan bursts into tears at mention of "Parent Trap" at Atlantic City appearance... Newly-single Ryan Phillippe hits the clubs... Did Jessica Simpson spark a Hollywood club fight?

Pix: Shiloh Jolie-Pitt's new bob... Jon Hamm's beard makes a comeback at Olympics... Nicole Richie, jet pilot... Liz Hurley wears revealing sari to charity fundraiser (NSFW).

Video: Anthony Bourdain makes his "Yo Gabba Gabba!" debut...

By Liz Kelly  | February 24, 2010; 7:41 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lindsay Lohan comes clean about drug use
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Lighthouse'

Comments

the most disturbing thing about this morning's post is the realization that someone has had sex with Gary Busey...

Posted by: LTL1 | February 24, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Bristol Palin to make acting debut on "Secret Life of the American Teenager"...It's the part she was born to play.

I hope Busey's kid has a strong endocrine system. By the way, wouldn't it be ironic if Busey ended up with thyroid cancer?

It's ok Lindsay, lots of people cry when they remember the best years of their lives. I still choke up when I reminisce abut kindergarten.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 24, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Ah dorkus I was totally going to further expand my comment about gary, by saying something about making back packs but couldn't remember what with, was it entrails, intestine, what? Thanks for reminding me it was the 'endocrine' system...

Posted by: LTL1 | February 24, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Oh Tony, who are you in debt to?

Posted by: Osteph | February 24, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Now, see, who should be apologizing to the rich kid school are those members of the media who think a two-year-old, her schoolmates and their parents are appropriate targets for their brand of "journalism."

In Whitney's defence, entertaining a dead rat isn't very easy: for one thing, they're usually nowhere near as plastered as the average Australian.

"Bristol Palin to make acting debut on 'Secret Life of the American Teenager'." Please please please let her play a retarded girl.

ALEX TREBEK: And the answer is, "65-year-old Gary Busey and girlfriend welcome baby boy."
CONTESTANT: What is, "What's worse than having Gary Busey up in your endocrine system?"

"Did Jessica Simpson spark a Hollywood club fight?" They still fight with clubs there? Wow.

Nicole Richie gives me an idea: "Celebrity Red Baron." Every week two celebrity pilots take to the air in a dogfight to the death. We put 'em in a couple of vintage fighters - say a Fokker DR.I and a Nieuport 28 - let 'em fight it out. With real ammo. Winner moves on to the next round and a newer plane. By the end you've got John Travolta and Bruce Dickinson an F-22 and a Su-50, firing air-to-air missiles and 20mm cannon at one another. Totally effing cool, no?

Or, we could just watch Liz Hurley walk around.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 24, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Secret Life of the American Teenager - everytime I see a clip of this show on The Soup it boggles my mind that Disney execs can market it as a family show with a straight face. One particularly memorable clip: the teenage girl whailing to her mom "Dad died and it's all my fault; he died because I had AMAZING sex." Seriously.

Posted by: Lizka | February 24, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

i'm sorry, but i love Brad Pitt. Not so much for what he looks like (tho for me it doesn't hurt) but because he takes his daughters shopping. he just seems like a great dad.

Posted by: amybc291 | February 24, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

byoo,

I'd even sign up for a premium channel to watch that show! Put Ben Stiller in a Bristol Fighter and have him do a REAL sequel to "Meet the Fokkers." Just to mix things up a bit, Bristol Palin could be in one of the Fokkers...

Damon is perfect for RFK. Liz, can we review the Marilyn wannabe chats so we can pick who should play that role?

btw, Ms Hurley, we are not sari at all.

Hopefully the new Busey gets fitted with a motorcycle helmet NOW.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 24, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

"Charlie Sheen enters rehab" -- For what in particular? Endless mugging? Substance abuse? Tendency to cling to the memory of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" as his career high point?

"...disastrous Whitney Houston performance" -- I saw a clip last night. She's an idiot for even attempting "I Will Always Love You," never mind in Barry White's key. For the love of God, Whitney, where's your pride? Stop singing until you get your $@%# together; you're an embarassment to 46-year-olds everywhere.

"Lindsay Lohan bursts into tears at mention of 'Parent Trap' at Atlantic City appearance" -- I hope it's because of Natasha Richardson and not because of her career trajectory because frankly, LiLo made her own bed. I'm done getting all weepy over your teen mistakes. Take Whitney Houston with you to Charlie Sheen's rehab and promise that none of you will come out until you've grown up.

"Did Jessica Simpson spark a Hollywood club fight?" -- It was about whether she or Avril Lavigne made a better Proactiv spokesperson. My money was on Avril.

"Shiloh Jolie-Pitt's new bob" -- Oh thank God. I thought that last word had two o's in it at first. Scared me a whole lot, that did.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 24, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I didn't know Jessica Simpson was invited to Paris Hilton's parties.

Who is watching the kids? Both parents are in rehab to prove they are the better parent. Yet, they forgot the minor detail of actually caring for the children. Oh well, given the skeeviness of this whole thing, the kids are better off with complete strangers than any member of the Mueller/Sheen clan.

Posted by: epjd | February 24, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

ep, maybe the kids are with Uncle Emilio.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 24, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

I want to ask that Australian concert-goer who COULD entertain a dead rat. Dolly Parton, maybe? I think a dead rat would be a very tough audience.

Posted by: WDC2 | February 24, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Jon Hamm's beard makes a comeback at Olympics...

- No one should panic. He's just growing a rally beard in solidarity with the US Hockey team.

- Nevertheless, locals in Vancouver keep mistaking him for Joachim Phoenix.

- Immediately, the Swiss Curling team turned him upside down and began using him as a sweeper.

- And Johnny Weir asked Hamm if he could collect his hair when decides to shave so that he can us it as fringe for his next skating outfit.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 24, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Now Busey can put some placenta lining in his endocrine back pack. Try finding THAT for sale on QVC.

Posted by: MStreet1 | February 24, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

"[Whitney is] someone who has seen difficult times, and is now up on stage, warts and all, presenting herself like an open book for the world to see," said Andrew McManus, her promotor.

Next up for McManus, producing a one-woman monologue show for Lindsay Lohan.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 24, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, maybe we could have "Celebrity Dogfight" with Liz Hurley and her sari doing the presenting?

Posted by: northgs | February 24, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Bristol Palin to make acting debut on "Secret Life of the American Teenager."

The Post's Divine Lisa De Moraes said it all this morning, so much better than I ever could have:

Sarah Palin risks her anti-Hollywood cred by sending her daughter off to work there -- "Secret Life" is, after all, about Disney making money off a show that gives the Hollywood treatment to the issue of teen pregnancy.

Back in June, in the wake of a sex joke David Letterman made on his show about one of her daughters, Sarah Palin and her husband blasted "Hollywood/NY entertainers" as having "a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands" about what is, and what is not, funny on the subject of older men preying on young women.

In her farewell address as Alaska governor, Palin attacked the Twiggy-like nature of starlets and Hollywood's penchant for advocating gun-control laws, in the same thought -- something we did not think could be done.

"You are going to see anti-hunting, anti-Second Amendment circuses from Hollywood," Palin warned in that speech.

"And here's how they do it: They use these delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets. They use Alaska as a fundraising tool for their anti-Second Amendment causes," she said, adding, "By the way, Hollywood needs to know: We eat -- therefore we hunt."

Thank you, Pookie!!!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 24, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Liz Hurley wears revealing sari to charity fundraiser.

Michaele Salahi must be soooo jealous of all the attention Liz got. And that she presumably had an actual invitation.

byoolin

When I saw this news story last night I wondered, Why is ELIN apologizing?

Jon Hamm's beard makes a comeback at Olympics.

Well, it's definitely preferable to Brad Pitt's beard being at the Olympics (or anywhere, for that matter), or to Katie Holmes being with Wee Tom.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 24, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Ms. Hurley - good on ya', you lovely shelia. If you can rock it - go for it.

The Palin's obviously do NOT understand irony, or much of anything else for that matter.

Busey sex!?!?! Kill it with fire! Not the the progeny - just the concept.

Posted by: gvanderlek | February 24, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

There are no words re. the Gary Busey horror.
What a shame that the male of the species can reproduce at any age.

Our daily favor from the Daily Mail: Britney w/o airbrushing:

Posted by: Californian11 | February 24, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Jon Hamm's beard makes a comeback at Olympics. I didn't know that Jennifer Westfeldt was an Olympian. What does she compete in?

If I were Gary Busey's publicist, I'd book him as the keynote speaker here:

"She [Whitney Houston]couldn't entertain a dead rat." This does not bode well for Whiteney's upcoming long-term engagement at the local Chuck E. Cheese. I wonder if she could entertain Gary Busey.

My pick for Celebrity Red Baron match-up: Liz Hurley versus Jessica Simpson. Tatas at 10 paces.

Would Bristol Palin have sufficient intelligence to play the role of a retarded girl?

Lindsay Lohan brags about Samantha Ronson, who is the DJ in the club where Ryan Phillippe is role playing the frat boy who started the incident at the club where Jessica Simpson was dancing....I tell you, these celebrities are about as inbred as a West Virginia.....
Oh, hi Byoolin.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 24, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Whitney doesn't deserve a comeback. Over 100 people got screwed out of their jobs when she went into the tank. We should be pulling for them.

Posted by: hwray52 | February 24, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Pour byoolin et les Lézards:

Sacre bleu! Zut alors!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 24, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot

****

Tatas? Those cheapo cars from India? That's Celebrity Demolition Derby. (Motto: "Be the next James Dean.")

Also WV says hi, Sas, and notes that you've got a purty mouth. A real purty mouth.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 24, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, you and your purty mouth just made me go SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 24, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

-------------------------------------------
But I don't squeal like a pig.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 24, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Oh Tony, who are you in debt to?

Posted by: Osteph | February 24, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

To the show. For keeping his daughter entertained (and quiet) for a few minutes. I know- my 2 and 4 yr olds love Muno, Brobee, Plex, Foofah, Toodee and DJ Lance. Sometimes I dance to the songs too, but I can also get a few guaranteed minutes to myself...

Posted by: plamar1031 | February 24, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

byoo and Sas, shall we cue the banjos now?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 24, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse