Posted at 7:48 AM ET, 02/25/2010

Conan O'Brien joins Twitter; George Clooney not selling Lake Como villa

By Liz Kelly

Octo-mom Nadya Suleman visits 'The View' on Wednesday. (AP)
Thursday

Headlines: Conan O'Brien starts tweeting, racks up 200K followers on first day... Matt Damon and Jake Gyllenhaal turned down "Avatar"... George Clooney not selling Lake Como villa... Family says Susan Boyle needs "24-hour care"... Andrew Koenig's parents walk out on "Larry King Live" minutes before airtime... Kevin Smith calls media coverage of his airline expulsion "pathetic"... Kelly Osbourne says she took more heat for her weight than for drug abuse... George Lopez to voice "Speedy Gonzalez"... Nicole Richie launches new clothing line "Winter Kate"... Kelly Ripa gets husband's last name tattooed on wrist... Michael Jackson's mother planning fan convention... Ann-Margret and Jaclyn Smith sign on for "Law & Order: SVU" episode... Florida Woman sues 50 Cent for allegedly distributing her homemade sex video.

Crime Watch: Adrian Pasdar pleads not guilty to drunk driving... Leif Garrett pleads not guilty to drug possession.

Rumor Mill: Mary-Kate Olsen single again... "Lost's" Matthew Fox linked to Oregon stripper... Leonardo DiCaprio and Bar Refaeli still together?... Jesus Luz bursts into tears after getting doused with beer... John Krasinski to play Captain America?

Video: Wacky laughing Nadya Suleman visits "The View"...

Chat Day! Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

By Liz Kelly  | February 25, 2010; 7:48 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Lighthouse'
Next: Fergie's robotic transformation

Comments

I'd be Ann-Margret and Jaclyn Smith's SVU any day.

And the countdown starts for Kelly Ripa's marriage.

But John Krasinki's entire acting range revolves around his comedic use of his eyebrows. What's going to happen when he wears the mask?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 25, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

our website: http://www.nflshops.us

FASHION CLOTHING,JERSEY,NFL WASHINGTON REDSKINS,NFL TENNESSEE TITANS,NFL-ST LOUIS RAMS,NLF-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS,NFL-SAN FRANCISCO

49ERS,NFL-SAN DIEGO CHARGERS,NFL-PITTSBURGH STEELERS,NFL-PHILADELPHIA EAGLES,NFL OKLANDRAIDERS,NFL-MINNESOTA VIKINGS,NFL

MIAMI DOLPHINS,NFL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS,NFL-DENVER BRONCOS,NFL DALLAS COWBOYS,NFL CLEVELAND BROWNS,NFL CINCINNATI BENGALS,NFL

CHICAGO BEARS,NFL CAROLINA PANTHERS,NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS,NFL ATLANTA FALCONS,NFL ARIZOA CARDINALS,

NFL NEW YOUK JETS,NFL GREEN BAY PACKERS,

Posted by: nikejordans1 | February 25, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Why oh why did I click on the link to the Octo(batsh*tcrazy)mom's 'The View' appearance? I'm off to my happy place with a gallon of brain bleach.

Posted by: jes11 | February 25, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"Jesus Luz bursts into tears after getting doused with beer"

So it's true, bad beer does make Jesus cry.

Posted by: EricS2 | February 25, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

I think it is heartless for Susan Boyle's brothers to capitalize on her fame by slandering her to People Magazine. It appears that her millions of adoring fans love her more than her own two brothers. No one likes negative publicity, but it gets easier to take it after you get used to it. There will always be some. You can't please everybody all the time, and some people are just plain hateful. But for her own brothers to diss her is disgraceful. I will never buy another People Magazine as long as I live. I wish them nothing but bankruptcy. I'm outraged.

Posted by: KateSaunders | February 25, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"Conan O'Brien starts tweeting..." Meanwhile, Jay's twitter feed is just links to places like Engrish.com.

SuBo needs "24-hour care". Hardly surprising - why, the eyebrows alone...

"Andrew Koenig's parents walk out on "Larry King Live" minutes before airtime." The trouble started when Larry popped his head into the Green Room and said to Walter Koenig, "Okay, Mr. Sulu - are you ready to talk about your missing Boner?"

"Kevin Smith calls media coverage of his airline expulsion "pathetic"." You know what's really pathetic, Kev? "Gigli."
(That was for you, Stella117, if you're out there!)

George Lopez to voice Speedy: Great - Speedy used to be just racist; now he's going to be racist and offensive.

I'm glad L&O will finally get to the bottom of who dumped those baked beans all over Ann-Margret.

Physics question: If an Olsen is single, does she have mass?

"Jesus Luz bursts into tears after getting doused with beer..." The phrase you're looking for, Liz Kelly, is "Jesus wept."

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, maybe you grew up on some strange Quebeccian translation of Star Trek, but Walter Koenig played Chekhov. (Or if you prefer to get extremely nerdy, Bester on Babylon 5).

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 25, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

"Matt Damon and Jake Gyllenhaal turned down 'Avatar'" -- Let's face it, 1) James Cameron's dialogue is always cringeworthy, 2) the CGI did more acting than what's-his-name and 3) the role didn't scream, "And the Oscar goes to..."

If Jake turned it down, was Neil Patrick Harris offered first?

"Ann-Margret and Jaclyn Smith sign on for 'Law & Order: SVU' episode" -- Between those two and Mariska Hargitay, that's a whole lotta hot in one place; I hope NBC has fire insurance.

(I now pause to share with you the fact that Jaclyn's character on "Charlie's Angels" was raised in an orphanage. So if her SVU character is called "Kelly Garrett," expect 'Bri and Kris and/or Jill in cameos. Hey, a guy can dream...)

"Andrew Koenig's parents walk out on 'Larry King Live' minutes before airtime" -- They thought they were going on Dateline and were hoping to meet that handsome Stone Phillips instead. Imagine their disappointment.

"Kelly Ripa gets husband's last name tattooed on wrist" -- Thanks to the new Whirlpool tattoo pen, inking a loved one's name on yourself is a snap!

"Mary-Kate Olsen single again" -- How wonderful. Conjoined twins really have it rough. Good for her. Is Ashley OK too?

"Michael Jackson's mother planning fan convention" -- I want the exclusive rights to the wig-on-fire and removable nose concessions.

"Leif Garrett pleads not guilty to drug possession." -- Well of course. That wasn't an illegal substance in that baggie, it was a shredded Betamax copy of his "I Was Made for Dancing" video.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 25, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Darn, Kelly Ripa and her husband have been married a long time. I had hopes it would last.

Mary Kate single again. Well, after the Gary Busey news yesterday, I guess I should not be surprised she found someone willing to date her.

Andrew Koenig's parents walk off Larry King Live. Proving that there is a line you don't cross when looking for publicity about a family member. The families of Susan Boyle and Michael Jackson should take note.

Posted by: epjd | February 25, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, the Early Lizard gets the snark! You beat me (and probably several others) to the Kelly Ripa comment. And re "I'd be Ann-Margret and Jaclyn Smith's SVU any day," I misread that as SUV, although that's probably equally true for you.

Family says Susan Boyle needs "24-hour care."

If you read the article carefully, you'll learn that the Boyle brothers' concerns for their younger sister sound reasonable and compassionate, not exploitative. Who wouldn't find all that travel and performing tiring and lonely? Who wouldn't feel anxiety after their long-time home (where they always used to feel so safe) was broken into? SuBo's people have wisely had round-the-clock security implemented at her house for her safety and a modicum of peace-of-mind. She's lucky enough to have a number of friends she can talk to on the phone, and a friend in town at whose home she can even occasionally spend the night. There's really nothing to see here, folks, so just move along...

George Clooney not selling Lake Como villa.

Don't we have a not-news category in which this belongs?

Mary-Kate Olsen single again.

If someone's never been married, then the operative adverb is "still," not "again."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 25, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

td

Somewhere an ad executive for Electrolux is sobbing.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 25, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Walter Koenig played Chekhov.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1

***

Which is why he'd storm off if Larry called him 'Sulu', see...

Maybe my little joke got scrambled in the transporter buffer.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Byoo, "Gili" wasn't Smith's. He did "Jersey Girl" right after that, though the joke work's just as well box office-wise.

Posted by: EricS2 | February 25, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Eric, I made the Gigli mistake in the 2/14 Celebritology and Stella got me, hence the shout-out.

(We've got back story and inside jokes out the wazoo up in here.)

It does seem to indicate a real shortage of Celebritology-style news about Martin Brest, though. Liz Kelly, what's up with THAT hack?

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

**********************************************

byoolin, are you saying that Liz needs some Brest augmentation?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 25, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I have too much respect for Liz Kelly to run with that one, Dorkus, but I am sure you'll milk it for all it's worth.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't Nadya Suleman ROCK those white go-go boots? I think I juast had a Hullaballoo flashback!

My prime suspect for the perp who beaned Ann Margret is the same guy who Heinz 57'd Roger Daltrey on The Who Sell Out.

I think Byoolin's question whether a single Olsen has mass should be addressed by CERN. However, the answer to this question may be even more elusive than the Higgs Boson.

I wonder if the cock crows thrice in the Passion of Jesus according to Byoolin.

Dorkus, as I recall, Gene Weingarten tricked Liz into revealing that she is rather gifted in that regard, and that was before her pregnancy. There can be too much of a good thing...

George Clooney cannot sell the Lake Como villa because his face is attached to it.

The reason why the Koenigs ran out on Larry King is obvious. It's the same reason why King's wives left him. King is renowned as The World's Largest Source of Natural Gas. Hmmmmm.......beans dumped on Ann Margret, beans in Roger Daltrey's bath tub......

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

**********************************************

byoolin, are you saying that Liz needs some Brest augmentation?

Posted by DorkusMaximus1

I would say no she does not. She's pregnant and Mother Nature will take care of that.

Ok, one last comment on Octomom and then can It just go away? It is regretable that Octomom's IVF specialist didn't see (or more likely didn't care) what the rest of us have noticed from the get go. She ain't all there.

I would sue too if I were that Florida woman. And I would demand way more than 50cent.

Wonder if Ashley and Mary Kate played the old switcheroo one too many times on the guy. Hodie2 and I loved to do that when we were young.

Turn the other cheek, Jesus.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Doctor Hodie, how far did you and your twin Hodie go in practicing switcheroo?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Sas, your "Passion Of Jesus" idea got me wondering. And wouldn't you know:

"Results 1 - 10 of about 70,600 for biblical slash fic."

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

How far will Jacko's family go to milk every last drop out of him?

With "friends" like Susan Boyle's, who needs enemies? If her family is so "concerned", they need to address it with her privately, not slander her in People.

Laughing is the least of Clown Car Vagina's wackiness. I saw an article yesterday that she wants more kids "if she gets married". God help us.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 25, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Sas, not THAT far, of course. Occasionally fooled a teacher, but never anyone who really knew us.
In college (we went to the same one)people I never met would always come up and talk to me. I assumed they were her friends and just played along or at least let them know I was not her. She on the other hand, when it happened to her, would stare at them blankly and walk away. My friends thought I was nuts until they knew I had a double.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Californian, I didn't interpret the article as Susan Boyle's brothers as defaming her, but rather expressing concern for her well-being, and trying to convey this to the public (message: lay off SuBo in her private life). However commenter KateSaunders above scares the daylights out of me on Boyle's behalf; didn't Mark David Chapman "love" John Lennon better than he thought others could?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 25, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Sas, your "Passion Of Jesus" idea got me wondering. And wouldn't you know:

"Results 1 - 10 of about 70,600 for biblical slash fic."

Posted by: byoolin1 |

-------------------------------------------
Byoo' don't worry about 71,000 people ahead of you on the Passion slash wagon. It's quality of product. I have faith in you.............

Is it blasphemy to mention faith in the same paragraph with Biblical slash fiction?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

hodie, you crack me up!

Posted by: Californian11 | February 25, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Californian. And for the record, Hodie2 on this site is not my sister but my screen name when on my other computer.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

I did wonder about that, hodie. :-)

Posted by: Californian11 | February 25, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse