Posted at 7:48 AM ET, 02/23/2010

Simon Cowell, Kristen Stewart among Leno's first 'Tonight Show' guests; Adrian Pasdar charged with DUI

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Headlines: Simon Cowell, Jamie Foxx, Kristen Stewart among Jay Leno's first new "Tonight Show" guests... Shakira gets private meeting with President Obama... "Glee" cast to sing at White House Easter egg roll... Details picks Hollywood's next leading men -- Dave Franco (James's little brother), Liam Hemsworth (Miley Cyrus's beau) and more... Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to present at Oscars... Kate Winslet keeps her Oscar statuette in the bathroom... Jennifer Lopez leaves record label... Jay-Z says "broken Britain" needs a leader like Barack Obama... Johnny Depp wants West Memphis Three case reopened... Brooke Mueller switches rehab facilities after "security breach"... Sting paid more than $1 million to perform for daughter of Uzbekistan dictator... Missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig believed alive; Kirk Cameron pleads for Koenig's safe return... Placido Domingo to undergo surgery... TMZ sued for leaking clips of Debbie Rowe interview.

Crime Watch: "Heroes's" Adrian Pasdar charged with drunk driving.

Rumor Mill: Rep says Ryan Phillippe dumped Abbie Cornish (not vice versa)... Did Robert Pattinson confirm a relationship with Kristen Stewart?... Rihanna gets birthday strip tease from "little person"... Transsexual performer vomits on Susan Sarandon at New York club... Bruce Willis hints at "Die Hard 5"... Tom Cruise dines with former nemesis Sumner Redstone.

Pix: Lady Gaga's surprisingly normal Cosmo cover.

By Liz Kelly  | February 23, 2010; 7:48 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebrity fashion inspiration gets techie
Next: Lindsay Lohan comes clean about drug use

Comments

Boner is Chekov's kid!! Who knew?

Posted by: wadejg | February 23, 2010 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Just a thought, has anyone considered checking the apartment above the Seaver's garage for Boner?

By the way, ever notice how Leonardo DiCaprio never talks about his time on Growing Pains?

Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to present at Oscars...Which is nice because it's probably the closest they'll ever come to one of those statues. Unless of course they use Kate Winslet's loo.

Die Hard 5? Yippy ki NO NO NO!

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 23, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Shakira can also have a private meeting with me anytime she wants.

Exactly what qualifies Jay-Z to comment on British politics? Not that he's necessarily wrong.

Everyone should be penalized for talking to Debbie Rowe. Never mind...

If I were married to Natalie Maines I might drink, too, tho driving is a very, very bad idea.

I would like to get close to Susan Sarandon, but not THAT bad.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 23, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Plácido Domingo to undergo abdominal surgery.

Sure hope he doesn't have the same surgeon Jack Murtha did.

Transsexual performer vomits on Susan Sarandon at New York club.

First sitting on one person's back while spanking a pig-man, now this. Susan, you need to get a grip. There's nothing wrong with acting one's age, ya know.

Also Sarah Palin, giving a shout-out of sorts to David Letterman (do the letters F and U ring a bell?).

Missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig believed alive.

I second Lizard northgs's heartfelt post from yesterday at 11:47 AM: "Sincere Monday love to the Koenig family. Depression is a horrible and remorseless disease."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Re: Susan Sarandon - is that the pig/person's revenge, perhaps?

Tom Cruise dines with Sumner Redstone: either His Cruisiness is back on his meds, or Redstone's gone senile.

Kirk Cameron pleads for Boner's safe return. I wonder if he's checked the spam filter on his email recently - guaranteed there's something in there that will promise help in that department.

"Die Hard 5"? Only if you agree to let the terrorists win and kill off your "career", Bruce...

Posted by: northgs | February 23, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Oh, Nosy! Doh! Make me look good, then I go and blow it for myself with a cheap joke. Thanks, though - what I said yesterday still applies. Folks, if you feel like you're trapped in Sylvia Plath's bell jar, make the effort and pick up a phone. Call 911 and ask for a ride to the local ER - you may not believe it, but someone in this world loves you; there is no shame in asking for help.

Posted by: northgs | February 23, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Psst, Lizards: Gene Weingarten's monthly chat is at noon today. We need to conduct a scientific experiment to determine whether WaPo is in fact censoring a certain topic. Thanks to Mr. Cryptid for alerting us to the upcoming chat late yesterday:

Please don't skip the Middle Brow quiz.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Johnny Depp! That's awesome. That case has to be one of the American justice system's darkest days - convictions because the young men were outcasts who wore dark clothes, despite a heavier bulk of evidence on the father of one of the victims.

Posted by: sarahabc | February 23, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

northgs

Or perhaps "both...and"?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

I'll be away during Gene's online, so it's up to fellow Lizards to quiz him. In the wake of the latest Sally Quinn diary entry, I've been looking at other "soft' articles in the Post, and have found several that could be killed using the same logic as we have used on the Sally Quinn diary entry. Today's Tom Shales column, for example.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 23, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Sas, you can always post early. Those of us who expect to be able to be online can submit follow-ups as needed.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Kate Winslet can keep me in her bathroom any time, especially if I get to share the shower with her. She can bring along Shakira if she wants.

Johnny Depp wants the West Memphis Three case re-opened. I want a pony. I wonder whose wish will be fulfilled first.

I wonder if the Rose Wood is a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania. No word on whether s/he yelled "You'd better wise up, Janet!" before hurling.

Sting, let me rewrite some lyrics for you:

Under the ruins of Soviet Tashkent
Crumbling infrastructure in yellow light
No human rights, no cries of pity
The secret police had been hounding us all night
It took an eon to build the city
We walked through its streets in the afternoon
As I returned across the field's I'd known
where ethnic cleansings had been made
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 23, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Good job, Sas.

I forgot to remark on Lady Gaga wearing pants, briefly.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 23, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Andrew Koenig was reportedly spotted around Vancouver. Hmm, a hirsute man-sized biped wandering around the Pacific northwest? Sas, is he a friend of yours?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 23, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1

---------------------------------------------
I don't know Andrew Koenig, but I think that the local Quatchi would welcome him. Unfortunately, they probably don't have a stash of SSRIs available for Mr. Koenig. I hope he doesn't do something rash, like trying to take a swim off the Lions Gate bridge.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 23, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Sas, do you happen to post from Burke, VA.? The following just appeared on Lily Garcia's online workplace chat, and I know it's not mine:

Burke, Va.: I'm so confused!

Our ex-boss' wife (HIS third wife) still writes for the company newsletter. Last week, she wrote a column about how her son's wedding is on the same day as her husband's granddaughter's wedding, on opposite coasts, and nobody can figure out why we're supposed to care. I guess everybody likes the old man so much that everybody's afraid to tell his wife that her column is absurd and makes the company newsletter look stupid.

Any suggestions?

Lily Garcia: It sounds like the column, although inappropriate, is basically harmless. You could try suggesting topics that you would like to see covered in the newsletter, but you should stop short of proposing that the ex-boss' wife be excluded.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I don't get the extent of the Sally Quinn hate; she seems like a silly self-centered kind of person, not deserving of the attention her column has stirred up. (Even though it was pretty ridiculous.)

Anyhow. I do hope Andrew Koenig is OK. And it seems kind of silly to expect people to boycott Jay Leno. As a member of Team Coco, I say just let him go back to his old routines- I didn't watch him before this debacle, and I won't be watching him now. I'll be following Conan and his team to wherever they choose to land.

Also also, the front page link to Celebritology still directs to Friday's main post. Just FYI.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 23, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Um, so there's this crazy white stuff falling from the sky. Any of the other Austinite Lizards ready to go home from work?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 23, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, Sally Quinn gets to stay on at the Post and write crappy 20" columns airing her dirty laundry, while superb journalists are being let go entirely (Froomkin) or bought-out (Shales, Weingarten).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, the other thing about Sally Quinn is that she's reputed to have "charmed" Ben Bradlee in order to reach her exalted position at the Post, then wielded her power to eff-over countless people in countless ways. Her chickens are now belatedly starting to come home to roost.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Ah. Well, when you put it that way...

Dorkus, you are in Austin; you sure those aren't flakes of margarita salt falling from the sky?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 23, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Weingarten just mentioned that Queen Liz is at Good-Time Charlie Wilson's funeral today.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone else having the problem that when you click on the Celebritology link from the WaPo main page, it goes to an old post? It's been doing this to me for the last week or so, even after I cleared my cache.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 23, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Reese Witherspoon's daughter is a little Mini Me of her. Beautiful kids.

Posted by: msame | February 23, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, definitely not margarita salt. But it's ok now, I'm home and have Shiner Blond in my fridge and women's curling on tv.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 23, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, if you're just having flurries there, try to think of it as Mother Nature's dandruff.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 23, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Late to the party today and reading "Abbie Cornish" and thinking "Abbie Hoffman." (Must be a side effect of my Jessica Alba / Biel malady.)

"Sting paid more than $1 million to perform for daughter of Uzbekistan dictator" -- He'd'a gotten another $200K if he could've found a way to work either the words "Uzbekh" or "Gulnara Karimova" into one of his songs but the best he could do was:

Old singer, the subject
Gulnara's fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to see
Arts party, big spending
By girl's dictator dad
$1 million - he will sing now
Our Sting must need cash bad

"Placido Domingo to undergo surgery" -- But he'll only agree to the procedure if the surgeon's music choice for the O.R. is anything except Pavarotti or Carreras.

"Transsexual performer vomits on Susan Sarandon at New York club" -- And all over the world was great rejoicing.

"Kate Winslet keeps her Oscar statuette in the bathroom" -- It makes a killer free-standing toilet paper holder.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 23, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

"I don't get the extent of the Sally Quinn hate..."

Also, if you've never been strafed by a manipulative narcissist who claims (publicly yet!) that she just wants what's best for everybody and why can't we all just get along, etc etc, while she shivs you right when she thinks no one is looking... well, then you just gotta taste that poison to understand how truly deadly it is. (Hm, do I sound dramatique?)

Posted by: Georgetown1 | February 23, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I don't post from Burke. It was some other saboteur.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 23, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

In my astonishment at seeing the Jolie-Pitt kids actually *walking*, I almost (but not quite) failed to notice that at ages 5 and 3, both kids are still sucking their thumbs:

Hmmm ... wonder what the OP blog would have to say about THAT.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 23, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Who says I hate Sally Quinn? I look upon her columns as a gift-wrapped invitation to snark and satire. I look forward to lampooning another Sally Quinn column very soon.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 23, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Golf claps for all the fine Sting parodies today! Let me add mine--

All those Uzbek politicians
have force to thank for their positions.
Their armies drive you to submission.
Technicians jamming your transmissions.

But when the tyrant's daughter calls you
The money buys off what appalls you...

Da doo doo doo
Da da da da
Is all I have to say to you...

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 23, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

our website: http://www.nflshops.us

FASHION CLOTHING,JERSEY,NFL WASHINGTON REDSKINS,NFL TENNESSEE TITANS,NFL-ST LOUIS RAMS,NLF-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS,NFL-SAN FRANCISCO

49ERS,NFL-SAN DIEGO CHARGERS,NFL-PITTSBURGH STEELERS,NFL-PHILADELPHIA EAGLES,NFL OKLANDRAIDERS,NFL-MINNESOTA VIKINGS,NFL

MIAMI DOLPHINS,NFL KANSAS CITY CHIEFS,NFL-DENVER BRONCOS,NFL DALLAS COWBOYS,NFL CLEVELAND BROWNS,NFL CINCINNATI BENGALS,NFL

CHICAGO BEARS,NFL CAROLINA PANTHERS,NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS,NFL ATLANTA FALCONS,NFL ARIZOA CARDINALS,

NFL NEW YOUK JETS,NFL GREEN BAY PACKERS,