Posted at 8:35 AM ET, 02/18/2010

TLC settles with Jon Gosselin; Tiger Woods to speak out Friday

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: TLC reaches settlement with Jon Gosselin... Tiger Woods to hold Friday news conference... Kevin Eubanks not leaving "Tonight Show"... Ashton Kutcher to counsel Russian officials on cyber-crime... George Clooney's girlfriend in talks to join cast of TNT's "Leverage"... Russell Crowe's wife, Danielle Spencer, releases second album... Serena Williams training for nail technician certification... Marc Jacobs bans celebs from his fashion week shows... Maggie Grace returning to "Lost"... Sandra Bullock and Jesse James reunited with Cinnabun.

Rumor Mill: Did Kim Basinger tip off paparazzi to daughter's 911 call re: Alec Baldwin?... Reese Witherspoon dating talent agent?... Kristin Cavallari denies Super Bowl cocaine hunt story... Father blocked from visiting Brittany Murphy's grave?... "Jersey Shore's" Snooki penning a book?

Pix/Video: Gary Coleman loses it on "The Insider"...

More: "Twilight" body pillows... Lindsay Lohan back to brunette... Dolph Lundgren on a Segway.

Say What?
"With so much going on in my life right now and being pregnant, I'm retiring from being a star in Hollywood." -- The reliably delusional Tila Tequila

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat.

By Liz Kelly  | February 18, 2010; 8:35 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'The Substitute'
Next: Twits Quiz: Bob Saget, David Lynch, Neil Patrick Harris, Pink

Comments

"TLC reaches settlement with Jon Gosselin." Key terms of the deal: Gosselin agrees to watch TLC regularly, TLC agrees that it will not use the words "Even dirtbags like Jon Gosselin need TLC" to advertise it.

I'm going to watch Tiger Woods' news conference, but only because I expect him to blink in Morse Code the message, "I NEED TO GET LAID."

Ah, Kevin Eubanks, the "Tonight Show" won't - what? Oh, okay. Well, Kevin, it's great to have you zzzzzzzzzz.

"Ashton Kutcher to counsel Russian officials on cyber-crime." I fully expect him to announce at the end that Russia has been Пункэд.

George Clooney's girlfriend in talks to join cast of TNT's "Leverage". Along the way, she demonstrates a knowledge of the term that would make Archimedes proud.

"Russell Crowe's wife, Danielle Spencer, releases second album." Sounds like Fifty Odd Minutes of Grunts.

Serena Williams only plays tennis for the money; her REAL love is doing nails. Either that, or we're about to be Пункэд again.

"Snooki penning a book." I wouldn't believe this even if you replaced "penning" with "colouring."

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 18, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Ashton, somehow I don't think the Russians need any pointers on cyber crime. Even if in some alternate universe you are an expert on it.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Kim B. had tipped off the paps. That is one vicious ex-marriage.

Fair warning, the Twilight body pillows are almost as creepy as the MJ Bride of Chucky doll. There could be a Friday List here, too: Licensed Movie Tie-ins That Should Not Be.

Posted by: northgs | February 18, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Ashton Kutcher to counsel Russian officials on cyber-crime... It's the most ambitious episode of Punk'd ever.

Kevin Eubanks will be doing less on the Tonight Show? So he's only going to fake laugh at every other joke Leno tells?

Snooki penning a book? Well, not so much penning, but using crayons. And she mostly stays inside the lines.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 18, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

byoolin and I are apparently starting to think alike. I'm now worried that I'll start adding eh to the end of all my sentences.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 18, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

byoolin and I are apparently starting to think alike.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1

*****

I'm pretty sure one of us should be terrified by that statement.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 18, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

"Russell Crowe's wife, Danielle Spencer, releases second album..."

Up next, Russell Crowe in the Bodyguard.

Russell Crowe could probably make a career out of remaking crappy Kevin Costner films.

Posted by: MStreet1 | February 18, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, we only need to worry if byoolin starts sprinkling "y'all" throughout his comments.

Wow, byoolin, Cyrillic alphabet AND ancient Greek scientific principles in the same post: I stand in awe. But didn't you mean ΑΡΧΙΜΗΔΗΣ (or Αρχιμήδης, as you prefer)???

Serena Williams training for nail technician certification.

Yeah, if that tennis thing doesn't work out, or the tennis-outfit designing, or network commentating, or... But at least your nails will look nice while you're making millions doing all that other stuff. And if you want something done right, you know what they say: DIY.

Sandra Bullock and Jesse James reunited with Cinnabun.

Yay!!! But I bet the doggie's gonna be on almost as short a leash as Tiger if Elin takes him back.

Kristin Cavallari denies Super Bowl cocaine hunt story.

Who? And why should I care, other than out of the basic human decency of wanting any person to be liberated from addiction?

Tila Tequila

Yeah, and I'm stepping down as the first Nobel Prize-winning Miss America.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 18, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Ladies, watch out for Certified Nail Technician Serena Williams. If she thinks your tip is insufficient, she'll kick your ЯГОДИЦЫ.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 18, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Jon Gosselin? Who's that? I've moved on. Now I'm waiting for the latest scandal to break on the Little People. (Gary Coleman doesn't count)

Perhaps we should worry about Ashton and the Russians. He does have a million plus twitter and FB followers they can exploit. Then again, he's probably just teaching them how to post Mrs. Putin's backside to the masses.

MStreet, let me know when they re-do Waterworld.

Posted by: hodie | February 18, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

"TLC reaches settlement with Jon Gosselin" -- Both agree not to exploit the kids any longer, but the J&K+8 crew members are still permitted to babysit on the side for extra $$$.

"Sandra Bullock and Jesse James reunited with Cinnabun." -- For a second I thought that was the name of his daughter.

"Russell Crowe's wife, Danielle Spencer, releases second album..." -- OOH, RAJ, you're gonna be in TROU-BLE!

""With so much going on in my life right now and being pregnant, I'm retiring from being a star in Hollywood." -- See, boys and girls? Dreams DO come true.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 18, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, but who the he11 is Tila Tequila anyway? I keep seeing her name and all I can think is stripper poles.

Proof that Tiger Woods has not changed is ... he's handling things EXACTLY the way he always has. After three months of every expert PR person saying he did it all wrong (and I agree--one public statement after skank #3 or so came out admitting to multiple affairs and people would have YAWNED at every new one popping up) he's STILL doing it all wrong. Jerk.

Yay for Cinnabun's return.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 18, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse