Posted at 6:00 AM ET, 03/ 2/2010

About This Blog -- An update!

By Liz Kelly

Liz: Since 2006, Celebritology has delivered a carefully curated daily mix of the day's top celebrity news, gossip and must-see photos and videos. But, like any good news product, we've grown and changed over the years. Now that we've made it through puberty (because four years equals puberty in blog years) it's time to expand our focus and take a wider look at the world of entertainment.

Celebritology will continue to bring you breaking celebrity news (Lindsay Lohan's accelerated aging), opinion (Did Tiger go too far?) and analysis (which celeb iPhone app should you download?). But starting today, the revamped Celebritology -- dubbed Celebritology 2.0 -- will add a healthy dose of posts about pop culture, covering everything from movie blockbusters to offbeat DVDs, extreme fandom to the latest geek-tastic viral video.

How? I will still be here paying attention to the latest Spencer and Heidi news so you don't have to. But we're adding a new co-blogger: Jen Chaney, washingtonpost.com's movie maven. Many of you may recognize her as my longtime "Lost" analysis collaborator, and a frequent guest contributor to this blog. (See our collaborative coverage of Comic-Con 2008, or Jen's more recent post about teen-movie couples that really deserve to be together.) But instead of staying over in the spare room, Jen can now call the blog home.

Jen: Thanks, Liz. I've already started leaving my socks on the floor and neglecting to replace the cap on the Celebritology 2.0 toothpaste. (And yes, it's filled with even more minty freshness.)

For those of you who don't know me, I've been at the Post for 9 1/2 years, overseeing movie content on the Web, reviewing DVDs, writing about everything from Duran Duran to Team CoCo and, occasionally, making a fool of myself while playing movie trivia games with Bradley Cooper.

Each day I'll contribute entertainment news to our morning round-up, and weigh in with additional nuggets and observations from the show-biz stratosphere. To give you a brief sense of the pop-cultural flavors that appeal to these taste buds, my obsessions include Oscar season, old-school MTV music videos, John Hughes movies and pretty much any quote ever uttered by this guy. Of course, there's more to me than just those things. For example, I also hate "Love, Actually" (but not as much as "Valentine's Day").

I am really excited to be here every day, with Liz and all of you as we collectively attempt to make sense of "Hot Tub Time Machine" and those random Cisco commercials that feature Ellen Page. Most of all, I look forward to getting to know all of you -- and your pop cultural quirks -- even better.

Liz: Net result? More bang for your click -- expect more posts each day -- and our commenter community (one of the blog's biggest assets) will have more to talk about.

So join me in giving Jen a warm welcome to the Celebritology community.

By Liz Kelly  | March 2, 2010; 6:00 AM ET
Categories:  Housekeeping, Miscellaneous
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Andrew Koenig; Miss Golden Globes; Mickey Rourke
Next: Kate Gosselin signs on to 'Dancing with the Stars'; Jay Leno returns to 'Tonight Show'

Comments

Congrats Jen! I'm glad to know ya'll will still be collaborating and churning out the funny once Lost is over.

Posted by: ljawash | March 2, 2010 6:54 AM | Report abuse

Welcome to Club Lizard!

Pull up a chair to the tiki bar, grab a fruity drink & enjoy!

Jen I've been reading you since you were at the Gazette & was thrilled to see you move up to the "big leagues" & I read you here too, so welcome as an "official" Celebritologist!!

Posted by: wadejg | March 2, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Princess Jen, How could it be that some people don't know who you are. As if.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 2, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse

PS Nice photo, Liz

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 2, 2010 8:22 AM | Report abuse

how fun! 2.0! Welcome aboard, Jen! Love the new banner too.

Posted by: Guest1234 | March 2, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

AWESOME. That is all.

Posted by: Lizka | March 2, 2010 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Welcome Jen! You've given us some great guests posts in the past - thanks for joining our in(s)anity.

Posted by: northgs | March 2, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

I am so excited about this new development! I enjoy both Jen and Liz on the Lost stuff and now we get more of Jen everyday. What's not to love? (But I'm ashamed to say that Jen and I part ways on "Love, Actually." I'm a sucker for British films and love stories.)

Posted by: cdfromwa | March 2, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

YAY we get a JEN! I have so much happy.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 2, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Welcome Jen! Great to have you here more, it will be even more fun. Nice new banner and pic.
Are you going to fill in for Liz full time when she goes on maternity leave? Liz, are you going to be on maternity leave? For how long?
Tuesday welcoming love to Jen!

Posted by: agog1 | March 2, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Welcome, Jen. I, too, hate "Love, Actually" and love "Lost."

Posted by: polyester | March 2, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I dig it! You guys are like peanut butter and jelly already, so it's a natural fit. Plus, I'm sure it'll make things even more seamless for Liz in a few months. :)

Really cute pic of you two, too!

Posted by: eet7e | March 2, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse