Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 03/11/2010

Celebs remember Corey Haim; Betty White to host 'SNL'; 'Twilight' trailer sneak peek

By Liz Kelly

Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Corey Haim was "beautiful, tormented soul," says Corey Feldman (Above, Feldman on last night's "Larry King Live")... Haim's mother battling cancer... Stars memorialize Haim on Twitter... Is prescription drug abuse a Hollywood epidemic?... Casey Johnson died with just $75K and no will... Betty White to host May 8 "Saturday Night Live"... Heidi Montag replaces manager Spencer Pratt with psychic... Anna Nicole Smith opera to debut next spring... Madonna and daughter Lourdes collaborate on teen fashion line... Lily Allen to tape reality show about her new clothing shop venture... Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg expected at White House for "Pacific" screening... Renee Zellweger rewards good samaritan with $100 coffee voucher... Jamie Jungers wins Howard Stern's Tiger Woods mistress pageant... Travis Barker's estate reaches settlement in wrongful death suit... Settlements in Travis Barker plane crash... Joseph Fiennes and wife welcome daughter... Mario Lopez and girlfriend expecting first child.

Pix: Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler cover W magazine... Aniston and Chastity Bono in high school... Zoe Saldana on Essence cover... Gallery: Happy birthday Chuck Norris!

Pop Culture Mix: Fox moves "Wall Street 2" from April release date to September ... "Mad Men" Barbies, coming to a store near you (But will they come with real, working cigarettes? I'm thinking not) ... More pictures from the Vanity Fair Oscar party ... Clint Eastwood to make J. Edgar Hoover biopic? ... Will someone dare to remake (or reimagine) "The Wizard of Oz"? ... Third "Batman" will be last in Christopher Nolan's franchise ... As the South by Southwest festival prepares to honor the year's best title sequence, Cinematical asks which one is your favorite (in a predictable move, Chaney goes with "Up in the Air")... Martin Scorsese's 10 essential movie posters.

The 10-second teaser for "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" already on the Internet; full-length trailer debuts online today at 9 a.m.

Crime Watch: German man sentenced to two years in prison for Cindy Crawford blackmail attempt.

Rumor Mill: Corey Haim turned down "Celebrity Rehab" offer... Haim was dating VH1 reality star Daisy de la Hoya... Is Conan O'Brien actually tweeting from eight different accounts?... Quentin Tarantino to voice Brainy Smurf in new movie?... Richard Belzer accused of attacking Apple store employee.

Chat Day! Join us at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

---
Update: Conan O'Brien kicking off 30 city tour on April 12. -- 10:23 a.m. ET

By Liz Kelly  | March 11, 2010; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Paying tribute to Corey Haim
Next: 'Twilight: Eclipse': Breaking down the new trailer

Comments

Hopefully Heidi's new psychic manager can give us a prediction on when she'll finally go away.

So I'm guessing all Brainy Smurf will do is make references to Japanese movies.

Conan really needs to find a new job.

Sadly, I won't be able to check out the title sequence event at SXSW since I have to go to DC next week.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | March 11, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

If one ever needed proof that wealth is relative, consider that "just $75K" is more than four times the federal poverty line for a family of three. Or maybe it's proof that the federal poverty line is a cruel joke.

Speaking of cruel jokes, break a hip, Betty White!

Next up: Heidi Montag replaces husband Spencer Pratt with vibrator.

I never thought I'd see Dame Kiri Te Kanawa play Anna Nicole Smith. I guess dreams *do* come true.

Lourdes might be the only girl in the world who can answer "Yes" to the question, "Does your mother let you go out dressed like THAT?"

"Renee Zellweger rewards good samaritan" - man, those Samaritans have been milking that thing for centuries now. Let 'em get their own damn coffee.

"Jamie Jungers wins Howard Stern's Tiger Woods mistress pageant." Or, as the rest of us know it, "Miss Least Distasteful Skanque 2010."

Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris could beat up Jesus, but Jesus refuses to fight because if he loses Norris' birthday will replace Christmas.

Wall Street 2: Greed is good. Huge Labor Day box office is better.

"Clint Eastwood to make J. Edgar Hoover biopic." Too bad Divine isn't still around - he'd be perfect in the role.

Remake "The Wizard of Oz" as an action flick with Angelina Jolie as Dorothy. Tag line: "Box office Baum."

BRAINY SMURF: I'm not a cob of corn, so you can stop butterin' me up. I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is. I'm the one who buys it, I know how Smurfing good it is. When Smurfette goes shopping, she buys Smurf. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff 'cause when I drink it, I wanna taste it. But what's on my mind at this moment isn't the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead Gargamel in my garage.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 11, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Celebritology is spelled wrong on the chat schedule.

Posted by: becca_nh | March 11, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

"Richard Belzer accused of attacking Apple store employee."

Munch a perp! LOL!

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 11, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Actually, it was Chris Baker's estate that reached a settlement in the plane crash w/ Travis Barker, who did not die and thus, doesn't have an estate.

Posted by: becca_nh | March 11, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

The more people I hear attached the potential Smurf movie, the more I like where it could go.

Posted by: MStreet1 | March 11, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Which came first: the Barbie Doll or Christina Hendricks?

Casey Johnson died with a net worth of $75K. Jamie Jungers gets $75K for winning Tiger Woods Mistress Pageant. Coincidence?

Prescription drug abuse is not a Hollywood epidemic. It's a Hollywood perquisite.

Jennifer Aniston and Chastity Bono made such a sweet couple. I wonder what went wrong. Was Chastity the first person who dumped Jen?

Hollywood insiders say that the working title of Clint Eastwood's movie about J. Edgar Hoover is "There's Something About Mary." Casting calls now going out for role of J. Edgar Hoover. Applicant must look hot in pencil skirt, jewel-neck blouse, and patent leather pumps.

Chuck Norris looks so young for his age because he is not 70. After Chuck Norris gave birthday 40 a roundhouse kick into orbit, birthdays have steered clear of him.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 11, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Following the lead of Lindsay Lohan, TOTO, the toilet manufacturer, announced a lawsuit against the "Wizard of Oz," producers. A TOTO executive, who wished to remain anonymous because he was conducting the interview while sitting on the toilet, said that Toto the Dog might give viewers the impression that TOTO requires users to bring a plastic baggie into the loo to pick up after themselves.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 11, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

And Travis Barker is not involved in the suit.

Looked at the VF party pictures...Good Lord what is Hilary Swank wearing??

Posted by: Vienna8425 | March 11, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Congrats, cousin Joe.

Eastwood to make JEdgar biopic AS a remake of the Wizard of Oz, with Megan Fox in the title role.

Jen, for gawd's sake please stop. You look like the Girl Next Door TRYING to play a skanque. It just doesn't come off. In fact, lends credence to the (newly-concocted) Jen/Chastity rumor.

When will Chuck Norris come out with a teen fashion line?

So Scorsese is even older than I thought.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 11, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Heidi - clever move- great idea to have a psychic director! You also look really pretty with all that surgery.

Whoops - there I go again, saying some "Mileys!"

Posted by: Amelia5 | March 11, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

reddragon1, my thoughts exactly regarding Jen trying too hard. She should hook up with Justin Timberlake because the same is true for him.

What child would want to play with "Mad Men Barbies"?

I doubt Belzer "attacked" anyone, more like "made wry comments without moving his lips." Next on "Law & Order: Apple Victims Unit."

Remake "The Wizard of Oz"? Did we learn nothing from "Return to Oz"? Well, besides the fact that Fairuza Balk was a very, very talented child actress before she did "The Craft" and all those other bad movies? A new Oz? What's next, "Casablanca" starring Heincer?

I have this bad feeling that Tim Burton is dying to remake "The Wizard of Oz", though. Johnny Depp as the Scarecrow, Helen Bonham Carter as the Wicked Witch of the West. (Better him than, say, Tarentino though. Otherwise we'd get Uma Thurman as Dorothy and a scene involving the Tin Man's ax and Cowardly Lion's ear set to the tune of "Stuck in the Middle with You.")

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 11, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Eastwood to make JEdgar biopic AS a remake of the Wizard of Oz...

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 11, 2010 10:55 AM

Reddragon, you owe me a new keyboard.

Posted by: northgs | March 11, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Sandra Bullock and Jesse James are inexplicably just super cute.

I didn't know Katy Perry had fake boobs.

I'm guessing Cameron Diaz didn't actually EAT any of that In 'N Out burger.

Uh oh, Jane Fonda looks like she has entered frozen-faced land.

Macauley Culkin still looks like he's about 6 years old.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 11, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

RIP Merlin Olsen.....I had the pleasure of going to school with Merlin's little brother Orrin, and as a result was able to be around Merlin as well as Phil. You would never meet a kinder, more gentle person than Merlin. He was a true gentleman, a great sports figure and a wonderful example to all.

Posted by: irishone | March 11, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Second the RIP, irishone. Merlin seemed like an easy-going guy (off the field, that is).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 11, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the tip, Liz. Nearly 20 years in the business and I'm obviously just a wide-eyed naif.

My point was that the network TRYING to make it fan and ratings friendly by including 10 best pics and the Cyrus/Lautner/Stewart crowd is what wrecks the Oscars. At least for those of us watching for who actually wins.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 11, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Sorry about that Northgs.

td, assuming she ever hooks up with anyone.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 11, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, would you like a hug?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | March 11, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Dorkus--having a bit of a frustrating day so I'm a bit tetchy. ;-)

And now I have to go to the dentist, so a hug might actually cheer me up!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 11, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Just took the time to click through the VF Oscar party pix, and YIKES! Macauley Culkin looks like a stroke patient. Dude, whatever you're doing, lay off it.

Posted by: northgs | March 11, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: northgs

**********************************************

I believe that would be Mila Kunis.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | March 11, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Corey Feldman should stop "helping" with his continually negative comments about Corey Haim.

The facts are that: 1) Corey Haim had more starpower in his little finger than Feldman has in his entire body; 2) Feldman has always been painfully aware of this; so 3) Feldman has always downed Haim while ostensibly posing as his "friend".

With supposed "friends" like Feldman, Corey Haim didn't need enemies.

Posted by: jhncrsp | March 11, 2010 11:35 PM | Report abuse