Posted at 8:01 AM ET, 03/29/2010

No Tony-hosting gig for Conan O'Brien; Heather Mills faces former nanny in court

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Perez Hilton and Lindsay Lohan pose at Hilton's 32nd birthday party on Saturday in Los Angeles. (AP)
Monday

Celebrity Beat: Former nanny says Heather Mills asked her to give naked spray tans... Why are Lindsay Lohan's feet covered in white powder?... Joan Collins says she was "forced" to snort cocaine in the '80s... Chloe Sevigny apologizes for dissing "Big Love"... Ailing Dennis Hopper gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame... "Real Housewife" (and noted potty mouth) Bethenny Frankel marries... Jon Gosselin ex Hailey Glassman lands reality show.

Rumor Mill: Beyonce pregnancy rumor "untrue," says publicist... Angelina Jolie to co-star in Tim Burton's "Sleeping Beauty?"... Rolling Stone Ron Wood assaulted by 21-year-old girlfriend.

Pop Culture Mix: Conan O'Brien asked to host Tony Awards, but can't because of NBC... "How to Train Your Dragon" is tops at the box office... Matt Damon gets roasted by friends as he accepts American Cinematheque Award... "Cliffhanger" version of "Toy Story 3" to tour U.S. in April... Thousands vie for gigs as extras in upcoming Jennifer Aniston/Adam Sandler comedy... Got $900K on ya? Then maybe you can afford to buy an ad during the "Lost" finale... "Smallville" producers sue Warner Bros. and CW... J.D. Shapiro, screenwriter of "Battlefield Earth" and a guy who made a killer acceptance speech at this year's Razzie Awards, apologizes for co-writing one of the worst movies ever... After eight seasons, Fox cancels "24"... Completely awesome spoofs of the "I'm the man your man could smell like" Old Spice ad.

Even though this Tron vs. Saul Bass video (aka the opening titles for "Tron," set to a cool retro-'60s vibe) was first posted by Hexagonall six months ago on Vimeo, it's started making the rounds on the Web in recent days. Pretty cool...

"Tron" vs. Saul Bass from Hexagonall on Vimeo.

...but I like the "Lost" vs. Saul Bass video even more. (First discovered this one via Facebook friend and excellent "Lost" blogger JOpinionated.)

"Lost" vs. Saul Bass from Hexagonall on Vimeo.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | March 29, 2010; 8:01 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: What we'd change in the '80s, if we could travel back in time
Next: Weekend box office: 'Dragon' tale

Comments

"Ron Wood assaulted by 21 yr old girlfriend": she has her own version of "How to train your dragon."

Posted by: agog1 | March 29, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Rolling Stone Ron Wood assaulted by 21-year-old girlfriend.

Wood is so Ick Nast that he must have an awful lot of money (or great drug sources) to be able to attract such young women still.

Joan Collins says she was "forced" to snort cocaine in the '80s.

Article states she was "enticed," not forced. Sorry, but even 26 years ago Collins was plenty old enough (well past 50) to "just say no." OTOH, better only once than more than once.

Why are Lindsay Lohan's feet covered in white powder?

Does she snort Desenex?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 29, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

agog, there goes my tea, sprayed all over my keyboard!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 29, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Hey look, Heather Mills is back in the news. Guess, she was jealous of Kate Gosselin getting all the "nasty ex wife" tabloid attention.

Ron Woods' girlfriend better be careful. The authorities take elder abuse very seriously.

Posted by: epjd | March 29, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, just to clarify, that article does go on to include a quote where Collins says she was "forced":

>>>In an interview for Piers Morgan's Life Stories on U.K. TV, the star reveals, "I am so anti-drugs. Once somebody forced me to take some coke and it was just so horrible. I would never take drugs, I never believe in abusing myself like that, ever."<<<

Posted by: Liz Kelly | March 29, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Liz, I read the article to which you linked. I just don't buy that a person over 50 was truly "forced" to take a drug involuntarily. That's probably why the word "forced" is in quotes (implying skepticism on the reporter's part).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 29, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Hey former Mills nanny, I probably wouldn't mention your experience in naked spray tans on your next job interview.

Hey Lindsey, Joan dropped some powder on your feet.

Back to work, wasted way too much time looking at those Old Spice spoofs. My fav is the rap (#5).

Posted by: hodie2 | March 29, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

According to the article, Ronnie Wood's girlfriend is 30, not 21. The last girlfriend, whom he allegedly assaulted, was 21, so the confusion is understandable.

Posted by: McMaynerberry | March 29, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Ron Wood assaulted by 21yo girlfriend. What did she do, knock his cane out from under him?

Joan Collins, nice try at relevance/getting noticed once again.

Perez Hilton, where, even in Hollywood, did you manage to find that much gold lamé?

Posted by: northgs | March 29, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Could be worse. Heather's nanny could've been asked to apply Swarovski crystals to Jennifer Love Hewitt.

What does Conan know about Broadway? Was he in line with Paula Abdul at TKTS last week or something?

Not to be outdone, Linda Evans says she was forced to wear shoulderpads in the '80s. So THERE, Alexis!

Ron Wood's girlfriend never laid a hand on him. She just threatened to tackle him and he feared aching-bray an ip-hay.

I need to change my contacts when I see "Jennifer Aniston/Adam Sandler comedy" -- that would be silly! The very idea. Implies they have comedic talents.

Crime Watch: Lindsay Lohan's shoes stolen; Joan Collins seen fleeing Payless with a stiletto pressed to her nose.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 29, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Conan O'Brien asked to host Tony Awards, but can't because of NBC.

Hmmmm, I don't recall Conan ever appearing on Broadway. OTOH, he might be a hoot hosting the Emmys.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 29, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Forget about the ugly gold lame jacket - what about Perez's creepy dirty look?!

Tim Burton. Love. That is all.

Posted by: JenEFur | March 29, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I've said it before- if Conan was so darn great- he wouldn't be where he is and Jay wouldn't be #1 in the ratings again. This "Team Coco" is a small vocal group- many of whom obviously have nothing better to do. People didn't watch the man's show-that's a fact. Get over it. Conan needs to recalibrate his expectations both legally and professionally- when you blow the hosting job for The Tonight Show- you don't get a similar gig.

Posted by: poppysue85 | March 29, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

The following is one side of a dialogue in last week's 24. it has been altered -- but just the tiniest little bit -- to illustrate why this is the show's last season.

I'd like to speak to Mister Bauer, please. Yes, I realize that it's 3:30 a.m., and he's in the middle of a shoot out while trying to track down a batch of spent nuclear fuel rods that are gong to be used in a dirty bomb in the middle of Manhattan. But it's important. I'm Roscoe Coltrane, Mister Bauer's parole officer from Arkansas in Season 2. I need to talk to him about his promise to stay off drugs and stop killing CTU personnel. In particular, I need to know about Mister Bauer's involvement in the murder of Nina Myers and in the abduction of the Chinese Consulate Officer. Yes, I realize it's 3:30 a.m.. But this is important. I've been looking for Tony Almeda since the end of last season, and I have reason to believe that Mister Bauer knows Almeda's whereabouts. I don't care if my existence has been pulled out of Brannon Braga's day-before-shoot desperation. If Braga wrote me into the script, I exist. I don't care if I appear to be one of Braga's parallel universe ploys from his Star Trek daze. I'm going to nail Jack Bauer's rear end to the wall.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 29, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

In an interview for Piers Morgan's Life Stories on U.K. TV, the star [Joan Collins]reveals, "I am so anti-drugs. Once somebody forced me to take some coke and it was just so horrible. I would never take drugs, I never believe in abusing myself like that, ever. However, that doesn't mean I will refrain from abusing audiences with my performances, any more than my sister will refrain from abusing readers with the idiotic plot lines of her pulp trash books."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 29, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Did Heather Mills former nanny say anything about being forced to give naked shellackings to Heather's artificial leg?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 29, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Betcha that Ron Wood resumed his drinking to delude himself into thinking that his 30 year-old girlfriend was actually 21.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 29, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Is that THE Roscoe P. Coltrane sas?

Cause if it is, I see why 24 is canceled too.

Posted by: wadejg | March 29, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I believe that Roscoe P. Coltrane is a deputy sheriff in Hazard County, Georgia. But, then again, perhaps he retied in Georgia and moved to Arkensas sometime in the last 20 years - that's a pretty common plan for law enforcement...collect retire from one state and a salary from another.

Posted by: VaLGaL | March 29, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

No, not THE Roscoe P Coltrane, but a Good Ole Boy parole officer named Bill Prady who might as well have been Roscoe Coltrane's protege.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 29, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Sheriff, not deputy - Enos was the deputy.
Why do I know this? Surely this should have been one of the brain cells that died during my college years.

Posted by: VaLGaL | March 29, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Pardon me for being dim, but isn't coke a little expensive to use as foot powder? Especially if you have no career to speak of?

Posted by: Roxie1 | March 29, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Perez Hilton is only 32? Wow. I thought he was in his 50s.

Why are LiLo's feet covered in white powder? Maybe she is storing her stash of coke in her shoes now, or she just had a really big sneeze after snorting a bunch.

I'm guessing Angelina is in a panic about not having another movie to start once she's finished with her current one -- the woman never stops working -- and the casting of her as the evil villain is perfect. (No, I'm not Jennifer Aniston ... )

Posted by: Californian11 | March 29, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I remember reading a while ago that the Stones were ready to kick Ron Wood out of the band if he didn't get his act together. When Mick and Keith are telling you to lay off the pipe, you're doing too many freakin' drugs.

Posted by: ras4q | March 29, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

ras4q

SPLOOT! Sometimes I wonder how Ron ever survived this long.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 29, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

RIP, June Havoc (immortalized as Gypsy Rose Lee's sister "Baby June" in the classic musical "Gypsy"):

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 29, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

No, not Baby June. Oh man. RIP.

Posted by: epjd | March 29, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse