Posted at 8:11 AM ET, 03/26/2010

Paula Abdul headed to Broadway; Alleged fourth Jesse James mistress hires Gloria Allred

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Miley Cyrus and boyfriend Liam Hemsworth make their public debut at Thursday's premiere of their new movie, 'The Last Song.' (AP)
Friday

Celebrity Beat: Paula Abdul headed to Broadway... Madame Tussaud's unveils waxy Robert Pattinson... Robert De Niro's driver douses paparazzo with pepper spray... Heidi Montag ready to be "full time motion picture actress"... Johnny Depp directs music video... James Franco pens short story for Esquire (A sampling: "Joe has to think about it. He is large, and his weight spreads from his belly across the seat, like it was a plastic sack full of liquid, rolling in layers upon itself.")... Octomom becomes PETA spokeswoman in exchange for cash... Elton John to headline Ryan White charity concert... Former manager sues Axl Rose for $2 million.

Video: Donny Osmond slams Lady Gaga's "Telephone"...

Crime Watch: Former "Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar stopped for speeding... Alleged Britney Spears Twitter hacker arrested.

Rumor Mill: Fourth woman claims affair with Jesse James; says rep Gloria Allred, "The relationship just ended recently after the scandal broke"... Is Beyonce pregnant?... Rep denies report claiming Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin have separated... Dennis Hopper too sick for chemotherapy?

Pop Culture Mix: Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood" to open Cannes... Roger Ebert plans to produce new movie review show... HBO renews "The Ricky Gervais Show"... Carey Mulligan to star in "My Fair Lady" remake... Buck Rogers next up for 3-D treatment?... "Lost's" Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonell) as the Old Spice guy.

Say What?
"If I were Elin ... man, I would have hit a lot more than she did ... I would have kept hitting!" -- Sandra Bullock at January's People's Choice Awards, when asked about Tiger Woods's infidelities.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | March 26, 2010; 8:11 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Angelina Jolie: One of the most loved/loathed celebrity moms
Next: Friday List: What we'd change in the '80s, if we could travel back in time

Comments

Paula Abdul headed to Broadway... and I'm headed to Toronto. See y'all on Tuesday or Wednesday.

"Madame Tussaud's unveils waxy Robert Pattinson." Coincidentally, the producers of the third Twilight film say they expect to save a bundle on actors' salaries.

Heidi Montag said she's ready to be "full time motion picture actress" with a straight face. Maybe she's really an actress, or messed up her Botox dosage again.

I like that Dennis Hopper is too sick for chemo or to give a deposition at his divorce hearing, but that his doctors have cleared him to appear at the unveiling of his star on the Walk Of Fame.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 26, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Jesse James was texting so much when did he find time to actually schtup these gals?

Posted by: ronjaboy | March 26, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Madame Tussaud apologizes, they don't actually have a statue of Pattinson. He just stopped by for a tour and the staff got confused.

Octomom: Spay or neuter your friends.

On a personal note, I hate when work gets in the way of a good Angeline Jolie snark.

Posted by: epjd | March 26, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

That Donny Osmond video is one more reason not to watch E! News Daily. A lot of air, and not even Donny himself speaking. (But that "Telephone" video -- creepy and a bit, I dunno, generic? Almost makes Lady Gaga look dull and predictable like every other video star, and I doubt that's what she was going for.)

"Paula Abdul headed to Broadway" -- I thought that was her I saw in line at the TKTS booth. What show was she seeing?

"James Franco pens short story for Esquire" -- And overnight the quality of the articles improved. I hear Tobey McGuire's now Editor, too.

"Former manager sues Axl Rose for $2 million." -- Clearly he has an Appetite for Litigation.

"Octomom becomes PETA spokeswoman in exchange for cash" -- BFD. Like she's the first person to be paid for an endorsement?!

"Is Beyonce pregnant?" -- Great, now I have a loop of "All the Pregnant Ladies" going through my head. (At least we won't have to suffer any more "Telephone" videos from her for a while. That's a plus. B hon, you're no actress.)

"Buck Rogers next up for 3-D treatment?" -- That's not 3-D, that's just Gil Gerard's expanding waistline as he takes Laverne and Shirley on a trip to the new Shotz Brewery on Mars. I hear Jamie Foxx is writing the script and Garry Marshall was overheard saying, "David, there's a nurse in the restaurant. What is a nurse doing in the restaurant?" (It's a bit of a jumble right now.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Love the Old Spice commercials, so LOL at Nestor Campbell as one.

Posted by: Guest1234 | March 26, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

"What Lady Gaga has to say about Puppy Love can't be printed in a family newspaper." --epjd

What a killer idea, ep! I would love to see what she'd do with that song, though. (A video, not so much -- Octomom might get mad.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Potential Octo-mom/PETA tag-line...

- Just because you have a litter doesn't mean you should wear a litter...

Posted by: DCLocal20 | March 26, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I'm just trying to figure out why these successful, famous men even bother to get married. It just doesn't end up well.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | March 26, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"Is Beyonce pregnant?" - do I care?

Of all the objectionable stuff out there, Donny Osmond picks Lady Gaga? Really? There's got to be more to this.

Posted by: jaybbub | March 26, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Based on all the information I have gathered, Heidi Montag is not ready for anything.

It is pretty clear Octomom will do just about anything in exchange for cash. The percentage of PETA spokespeople I hope to see nekkid has just declined drastically.

I understand Jesse James' attorneys have requested a restraining order against Sandy's golf clubs.

Wait, My Fair Lady is going to be remade in 3-D? Jlo for sure.

I am off to climb the pyramids next week. See ya mid-April.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 26, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

And speaking of Osmonds, Friday love to Marie. She's going through hell.

Posted by: jaybbub | March 26, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Wait, My Fair Lady is going to be remade in 3-D? Jlo for sure.

I am off to climb the pyramids next week. See ya mid-April.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 26, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

sorry sorry about the double post. browser issues.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 26, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Jaybub, thanks for the reminder. I think if I were grieving and my crazy older brother started popping off about Lady Gaga, he would be missing some teeth.

What was James Franco's short story about? Some famous director getting kicked off a Southwest Airline flight?

--How did I miss that Oscar-sized bump on the side of Jesse's noggin?

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Keep hitting, Sandra.

WHAT is the deal with Gloria Allred? Does she just troll gossip columns looking for the latest skank to represent?

Octomom, spay thyself.

Miley Cyrus: ugh, ugh, ugh. Awful role model for young girls, some of whom unfortunately look up to her.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 26, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Just a reminder that Alec Baldwin is substitute hosting "Studio 360" this weekend on NPR; one of his guests is Laura Linney. Even his promos for the show (including a reference to Steve Martin not co-hosting) are funny!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 26, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,Here (http://www.vipshopper.us ) are the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit w