Posted at 8:11 AM ET, 03/25/2010

Playgirl offers Jesse James $500K; more alleged mistresses come forward

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Emma Thompson, pig in tow, arrives at Wednesday's London premiere of 'Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang.' (Reuters)

Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Playgirl offers Jesse James $500K to pose nude... Katherine Heigl officially through with "Grey's Anatomy;" cites "family issues"... Brad Pitt chalks beard up to "boredom"... Dennis Hopper losing battle with prostate cancer, says attorney... Lindsay Lohan says these pix were shot after paparazzi pushed her into a tree... "I Spy" actor Robert Culp dead at 79... People.com posted this collection of retro celebrity workout vids (Regis Philbin and Estelle Getty? Really?)... Foursquare launches celebrity following feature (As long as you agree that Pauly D is a celeb).

Crime Watch: KC and the Sunshine band founder Richard R. Finch held after admitting he had sex with minors.

Rumor Mill: Jesse James had other mistresses while married to Sandra Bullock, according to Us Weekly... On cue, alleged mistress no. 2 and no. 3 surface... James settled sexual harassment lawsuit with employee in 2007... Did Tiger Woods and LeAnn Rimes date?... James Franco headed to Yale for Ph.D.?

Pop Culture Mix: Breathe a sigh of relief, America: Reps for Jamie Foxx say he's actually not writing a "Laverne & Shirley" movie... Ticket prices for 3D movies increasing in time for "How to Train Your Dragon" release... Two versions of "Tonight Show" -- one with Jay Leno, and one with Conan O'Brien -- could compete for Emmys... Attention "Lost" fans: title of series finale revealed on latest LindeCuse podcast... Brad Bird ("The Incredibles") in talks to direct "Mission: Impossible 4," to be produced by J.J. Abrams and star Tom Cruise... Glenn Beck fires back at James Cameron as the feud between two overpaid dudes continues... "At the Movies," the show that spent more than three decades criticizing film (formerly with hosts Siskel and Ebert), is being canceled... Boba Fett: people still love that nutty bounty hunter... Angela Bassett joins Ryan Reynolds and Peter Sarsgaard in "Green Lantern" cast... A look at five great movie break-up scenes... Kevin Smith goes on Twitter tirade against movie critics.

Say What?
"Marriage to me is like eating meat. I think it's gross and [bleep]ing crazy." -- Sarah Silverman

Chat Day! Join us at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | March 25, 2010; 8:11 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Laverne & Shirley': They're going to do it?
Next: Twits Quiz: Dane Cook, Kim Kardashian, Ricky Martin, Lisa Rinna

Comments

Luv Lindsey falling down. Those six inch heels are murder after you've chugged about seven appletinis.

Posted by: hlchappell | March 25, 2010 8:26 AM | Report abuse

In light of Playgirl's offer of $500K to Jesse James to pose nude, he has revised a statement he issued two weeks ago:

"It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve these half-million-dollar offers that are coming my way. This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension, not to mention a lot of eye-rolling and 'what-the-f*ck'-ing and while I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them, I'm also kind of like, 'cha-CHING!'

"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded. Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment, except, you know, 'cha-CHING!'"

"KC and the Sunshine band founder Richard R. Finch held after admitting he had sex with minors." Well, who *doesn't* like to be held after sex?

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 25, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

"Richard R. Finch, 56, was arrested Tuesday after a boy told authorities he'd had sexual contact with him at Finch's home in Newark, the Licking County sheriff's office said."

Licking County? Really? Well, no effing wonder, then. That's kind of like naming your daughter Bambi and then wondering why she became a stripper...

Posted by: VaLGaL | March 25, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Oh, I would like to offer Mr. Sandra Bullock $5.00 to keep his pants on.

Posted by: VaLGaL | March 25, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

$500k for Jesse James, I think Levi Johnston got low-balled.

Brad Pitt chalks beard up to "boredom"...Well at least he's finally talking about why he left Jennifer for Angelina.

KC and the Sunshine band founder Richard R. Finch held after admitting he had sex with minors...Cause that's the way uh-huh, uh-huh he likes it.

No offense to Ms. Bassett, but she's a little too skinny to play Amanda Waller. (For you non comic nerds, she's DC's answer to Nick Fury.)

Brad Bird ("The Incredibles") (AWESOME!)in talks to direct "Mission: Impossible 4," to be produced by J.J. Abrams (SWEET!) and star Tom Cruise (facedesk!)....

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | March 25, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

YAY!! New Nanny McPhee movie!!

RIP Robert Culp.

Kevin Smith needs to put on his big boy pants, go to the bank & cash that fat check he got for his biggest grossing movie to date & doing something he loves, something which too few of us get to do, & shut the frick up.

Posted by: wadejg | March 25, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

"Tirade" might be overstating it a bit. More like a rant.

Funny, a lot of us think the same thing about you Mizz Silverman.

Hey, I've got a reactino for Hollywood and the movie theaters, I'll be keeping my money. 3D is nice, but not that nice.

Posted by: EricS2 | March 25, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Best movie break up is Casablanca. "We'll always have Paris."

Annie Hall is a classic one too.

I will miss the show, "At the Movies." Even without the great team of Siskel/Ebert, it was a good way to learn about new flicks.

Posted by: msame | March 25, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Nanny McPhee 2 and walking around in an ugly dress with a bad hairdo with a pig??? What happened to Emma Thompson?! She used to be so classy and be in those nice propper british movies. Maybe Maryl Streep is given all the good roles for her age group and this is what she's left with. Sad

Posted by: sjcpeach | March 25, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

The Callifornia penal system can get Jesse James nude for free if those train robberies ever catch up to him.

Ladies, I have to beg you again to please stop torturing us with the notion that Izzie is leaving GA.

Netnanny doesn't let me see the Lilo pix. Probably just as well.

For you youngsters, I Spy was a very great show, back when Bill Cosby was actually funny.

LeAnn, please tell us the Tiger rumors are not true.

Even if Jamie Foxx doesn't write Laverne & Shirley, some schlemiel will. I'm liking Cameron Diaz and Michelle Rodriguez in the roles.

IMHO one version of the Tonight Show is too many, but that's probably just me.

It's not really surprising that Siskel & Ebert are cancelled, now that the show does not have either one of them.

Although it requires further research, I have checked closely and can find nothing wrong with Angela Bassett. I believe this project will always be a work in progress.

I have to confess that Sarah Silverman is one of my guilty pleasures. What she says is almost always totally inappropriate, but I like her delivery. And she's not even Hispanic.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

PS msame, I hope you are not deilberately baiting Queen Liz with a Diane Keaton movie.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

reddragon, I did my residency with Angela Bassett's cousin. Maybe I can put a good word in for you.

Posted by: hodie | March 25, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

"Family issues"? Is that like the ubiquitous "leaving to spend more time with family" that is always used when a high-level executive leaves a company? Everyone kind of nods politely and rolls their eyes privately.

I've never cared one way or the other about Katherine Heigl, but I do hope she has learned an important lesson about biting the hand that feeds you.

Boredom. Hmm. I always figured Angelina would leave Brad for yet another married man, but might be wrong. Wonder for whom he will leave her.

And what Angelina would do if mistresses started surfacing.

If this stuff about Jesse James is true, it is beyond sad for Sandra Bullock. Yikes, and I hope she gets tested ASAP.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 25, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Ahhh, just when I thought it was safe to lock up the shower (that which is used to rinse off after reading about the latest mistress revelations) for awhile, more ick nast comes out of the woodwork. Can we stop calling these women "mistresses"? There's something almost genteel about that word and genteel doesn't belong in the same continent as this parade of skanks. Is Howard Stern setting up a new Pageant? Tiger's vs. Jesse's? Will there be new categories?

RIP Robert Culp.

Glad to hear Brad is hanging with some buds and drinking Guinness instead of the hysterical reporting that he was going to insist on being on set for Angie and Johnny's sex scenes. Seriously. These people are ACTORS, they get naked all the time in a room full of people. There's nothing less seductive in the world than faking intimacy with a dozen grips/cameramen/electricians/makeup artists and set decorators looking on.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 25, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm not convinced it was sex scenes per se that was a problem for Vanessa Paradis -- I think it was the person with whom the sex scenes would be acted. I don't know many women who *wouldn't* have a problem with their partner being cast with Angelina, given her reputation for sinking her claws into married/partnered men. Yes, these men go willingly -- but a lot of women may just rather not have that bomb explode in their homes.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 25, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

"Did Tiger Woods and LeAnn Rimes date?" -- How does he golf without her? I want to know.

"Brad Bird ('The Incredibles') in talks to direct 'Mission: Impossible 4'" -- Bag Tom Cruise, I'd love to see "Mission Incredible" where Bird brings back the Parr family in an "MI" spoof. With Edna the designer doing the voice on the cassette tape.

"Marriage to me is like eating meat. I think it's gross and [bleep]ing crazy." -- Is Sarah Silverman trying comedy now? Good for her.

(That last joke is recycled for the benefit of byoolin, who knows I'm not an SS fan.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 25, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Hey Cali--

10 years ago I'd probably agree that Vanessa and Brad might have had cause to worry as Angie seemed to be in a hard-wired pattern of winding up with her co-stars in one way or another. But at this point, not so much. Both Johnny and Angelina have children with their respective partners and certainly Angie seems to have matured in her personal and worldview--it's not all about her anymore, and hasn't been for a long time. Unless you subscribe to the "she does it all for publicity" angle, which I don't. In any event, I just don't see it. Which isn't to say I wouldn't have a twinge if my partner was having passionate make-outs and simulated sex with Johnny and/or Angie (and yes, I mean either one frankly!)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 25, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,Here (http://www.vipshopper.us ) are the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit w