Posted at 8:31 AM ET, 03/30/2010

Ricky Martin is gay! Kate Gosselin is difficult! Jake Gyllenhaal is cut!

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: In Web site statement, Ricky Martin confirms it: he's gay... Erykah Badu courts controversy in new video by stripping, then falling naked near spot where JFK was assassinated... Jake Gyllenhaal, Common, Ryan Kwanten make Men's Fitness list of 25 fittest men in the world... Kate Gosselin struggling on "Dancing with the Stars"... "Lost's" Yunjin Kim marries... Watch out GOOP, Teri Hatcher launching her own lifestyle guide Web site... Kate Moss to make Shakespearean debut in "The Tempest"... Chaz Bono files petition to officially change name and gender... Demi Lovato to guest star on "Grey's Anatomy"... Paparazzo sues Owen Wilson over alleged attack... Dweezil Zappa's wife files for divorce.

Rumor Mill: Alleged fourth Jesse James mistress decides not to go public, says lawyer Gloria Allred... Sandra Bullock not planning to adopt James's children, says rep... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt living apart, according to OK!... Luke Wilson "unpleasant" on AT&T commercial set... Mischa Barton caught vomiting outside L.A. bar, says NY Post, then headed back in to party some more.

Pop Culture Mix: Rachel Weisz to play Bond villain?... Sequel to "The Dark Crystal" inching toward production... Louis Leterrier, director of "Clash of the Titans" remake, may direct adaptation of "Y: The Last Man"... Recent U.K. opening of Uma Thurman's "Motherhood" may be worst movie debut ever; in first weekend, it made the equivalent of $130... Oh good. Another Godzilla movie... More concern expressed over red-band trailers... Viral video of elementary schoolers starring in a stage production of "Scarface": real or joke?... "Superman" comic sells for record setting $1.5 million... Hello Kitty wine. Need we say more?... "Iron Man 2" Slurpee cups don't put me in the mood for a sugary frozen treat (via Pop Culture Junk Mail).

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | March 30, 2010; 8:31 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ellen DeGeneres gets the comic treatment
Next: Lindsay Lohan's new song: Hot or not?

Comments

Ricky Martin confirms he's gay. Next up: he'll confirm that, musically, he's a one-hit-wonder.

Kate Moss doing Shakespeare is the worst thing to happen to Shakespeare since Keanu Reeves.

"Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt living apart." They're not living apart: Heidi's forgotten how to work her house key again, and Spencer can't figure out what that banging on the door is.

"Luke Wilson "unpleasant" on AT&T commercial set." And in the commercial itself, let's not forget.

Hello Kitty wine is what led to Mischa Barton Pikachuing outside that bar the other night.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 30, 2010 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Talk about non-news headlines.

Posted by: Guest1234 | March 30, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Proofreading note, JeLi: you might want to rewrite your hed today.

Seeing "Ricky Martin is gay!" and "Jake Gyllenhaal is cut!" together like that might cause some readers to interpret a meaning to "cut" that you might not necessarily have intended. Suggest substituting "ripped."

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 30, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Ricky Martin is gay. Also in the news, the Pope today announced he will hold a press conference to definitely state he is Catholic. And from the No Sh!t Sherlock Institute, bears prefer to do their business in the woods.

Egads! What happened to Teri Hatcher?

Kate Moss doing Shakespeare might be worse than Keanu Reeves, but it's still better than when Mel Gibson did Shakespeare.

Rachel Weisz to play Bond villain?... Um, yes please.

"Y: The Last Man"...The story of the only man alive in a world filled with women. Otherwise known as the Luckiest Man Ever.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | March 30, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

"Recent U.K. opening of Uma Thurman's "Motherhood" may be worst movie debut ever; in first weekend, it made the equivalent of $130"

Uma, no one wants to watch home movies of your baby's birth. Except, apparently, for that one creepy guy that watched the movie 13 times in a row.

Posted by: MStreet1 | March 30, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

I think Kate Moss is better cast as Trinculo.

Teri Hatcher's web url should be

Luke Wilson is a Diva? Ohhhhh ~Ricky~...there's someone you just ~have~ to meet. Rachel Weisz, watch out, you have competition for that Bond Villainess spot.

Mischa Barton, you have no idea how that scene brings back fond memories of Root Boy Slim singing "Boogie Till You Puke" at the Cellar Door.

Godzirra movies should not be destloyed! Godzirra movies should be studied!

Was the elementary school version of Scarface sponsored by the NRA or by Orville Redenbacher? I think that the lead actress has talent.

Anyone want some Hello Kitty Organic Appellation 2010? Hold on for a minute while I check the litterbox.

If the MPAA continues to make and air R-rated trailers in the face of criticism, we'll have to award them the Red Band of Courage.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 30, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Definitely a not news day. Ricky's gay, Kate's difficult and Hollywood is retreading movies.

Although, I think I would like to see a Dark Crystal sequel. As long as they don't "update" it. This usually means more sex and explosions.

Dweezil Zappa's wife files for divorce. She just realized she can't take another minute married to a grown man named Dweezil.

Posted by: epjd | March 30, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Gives a whole new meaning to "shake your bon-bon." Or not.

Why was Luke Wilson being difficult? Did the stylist not get his hair flat and greasy enough for his liking? You may see a guy touting AT&T, but all I see is a man in serious need of rinse and repeat.

So Mischa Barton barfed. Big whoop; happens all the time on Celebrity Fit Club. (Note to Bobby Brown: no wine the night before that 3:30 a.m. wakeup call. Dude.)

I'll only visit Teri Hatcher's website if she's on the homepage dressed as Dr. Monica Delmonico from "Soapdish." Add the stethescope and I'll believe whatever she wants me to.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 30, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, Teri Hatcher has been scaaaary for a long time. Way too skeletal, BPS (bad plastic surgery), and who knows what else.

re: Mischa Barton - isn't that kind of the point of hurling? So you can go back and party more?

Posted by: jaybbub | March 30, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

"Nothing in dancing is natural to Kate."

That's kind of a problem when you're competing on a dance show.

So lemme get this straight: She can't dance, and for many she's no star. Hmm. Too bad the show's not called "With The" -- then she'd be PERFECT!

You know, for a moment there I almost felt sorry for her while I was watching that clip. But then the moment passed. I think she's truly, genuinely surprised when someone dares to disagree with her and doesn't cave instantly.

Meanwhile Tony's at a bar with a beer saying, "I don't get paid enough for this sh-."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 30, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Bag Kate MOSS in "The Tempest" -- I want to see Kate GOSSELIN! Then just add "Jon" at the end of every line for emphasis. To wit:

-- "A pox o' your throat, you bawling, blasphemous, incharitable dog, Jon!"
-- "None that I love more than myself, Jon."
-- "Poor worm, thou art infected! This visitation shows it, Jon."
-- "What, what did I? I did nothing, Jon."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 30, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

"He feels like I undermine him as a teacher," said Gosselin, "A lot of people quit on me in my life."

- Well, how many people out there are going to stick around if you undermine them?

"Luke has made the filming process so unpleasant that people dread working with him."

- Funny, that's how I feel about the AT&T network.

"Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros finally closed a deal with Toho to do another Godzilla."
- Owen Wilson as 'zilla and Kate Gosslin as Mothra? Luke as the crazy scientist who no one believes? In 3D? That's Box Office gold, people.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 30, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I'dd like to offer a kind word for Pam Anderson's performance on DWTS last night. She channeled Marilyn Monroe throughout the entire show, not just during her dance number (anyone catch her upstaging one of the couples being interviewed post-dance where she artfully rearranged her skirt slit to reveal leg? Priceless!). In retrospect it's clear she was playing a character last week as well, and I assume she plans to do this for as long as she remains on the show. Plus she shows signs of learning to dance.

Of course one could also claim that Kate's channeling a character too, but it's the same obnoxious one she always plays, which I fear is her real self. Poor Tony D.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 30, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Ricky Martin gay! Okay, now that I have picked myself up off the floor from laughing so hard ...

What happened to Teri Hatcher, indeed. Holy moly. Honey, back away from the Botox or whatever has frozen your face into clown-doll-like-scariness.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 30, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Check out this gallery of "Plastic People" ... a gallery of truly awful plastic surgery (I think I was most shocked by Garry Shandling!):

Posted by: Californian11 | March 30, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse