The 'Lost' Five: Things to ponder before tonight's episode
Another Tuesday means another episode of "Lost." (And for me and Liz, it means another late Tuesday night trying to coherently analyze what just happened while we scour the Web for screen shots and Wikipedia entries that succinctly summarize important sections of the Bible.)
Before we plunge once again into Los Angeles, the temple or any other random lighthouses that may suddenly get thrown into the mix, I offer this list of five things to ponder before tonight's episode, entitled "Sundown."
1. The Jack baby mama drama: Last week we learned that in our current, refreshed L.A. timeline, Jack has a son named David. But we still don't know who David's mommy is, other than a. she's a woman and, b. she's estranged from Dr. Shephard.
During last week's "Lost" Hour discussion, some of you speculated it could be Juliet. Others suggested Kate, although that seems unlikely since Jack and Kate don't seem to know each other in the narrative that's currently unfolding. Based on Julie Bowen's response to a question posed by E!'s Kristin dos Santos prior to last weekend's "Lost" and "Modern Family" panels at the Paley Center, the mother probably isn't Sarah.
Meanwhile, during the "Lost" portion of the Paley Center proceedings, LindeCuse said the mother is definitely someone we already know. Of course, I expect it will be a few episodes before we get an answer to this. But it's an issue to keep on simmer as we continue trucking along through the final season.
2. Who is Jacob expecting to come to the island?: Speaking of that wacky lighthouse, we learned last week that Jacob wants to guide someone to the island. Is it Desmond? Charles Widmore? Is it possible we'll get a hint in tonight's episode? Fingers crossed.
3. Speaking of visitors...: I will issue no spoiler alerts here, but I know for a fact that a certain untrustworthy character that we came to know during season four will return tonight. How? Why? Where? I'm all Vinnie Barbarino beyond this point. But I'll let you noodle over who this person might be for the rest of the day. Or, you know, go to another Web site where they actually issue spoilers.
4. Will Sayid die? We're well into season six and so far, no one has bitten the dust. Well, besides John Locke, but he was already dead. You know, sorta. Tonight's episode is Sayid-centric. And the plot summary issued by ABC implies that Mr. Jarrah may take extreme measures to save his friends from his infection. Will he merely leave the temple and go into exile? Or will he let himself get killed, or do the deed himself?
5. Will Sun finally reunite with Jin? As mentioned previously, this episode may be Sayid-focused, but its title is "Sundown." And in keeping with the pattern established so far, in which season six episodes mirror those from season one, Sun should factor in here somehow. Will she get back to the temple and finally see her beloved husband again?
Tune in tonight to find out, then tune into this blog tomorrow morning, when Liz and I will act like we actually understand what's happening on this crazy show.
Posted by: reddragon1 | March 2, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: buffysummers | March 2, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: chunche | March 2, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: literaryalpha | March 2, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Roxie1 | March 2, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: chunche | March 2, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: chunche | March 2, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ooyah32 | March 3, 2010 12:50 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: PerfectlyCromulent64 | March 3, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.