Posted at 8:27 AM ET, 04/29/2010

Bret Michaels on the mend; Katie Holmes to play Jackie O.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly
Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Bret Michaels conscious and in good spirits, says rep; plans to resume tour May 26... Julia Roberts tops People's "most beautiful" list... Rielle Hunter interview airs on today's "Oprah"... Coroner: Cocaine, tranquilizers and sleeping pills found in Alexander McQueen's system... Alexa Ray Joel happy with nose job results, but done with plastic surgery... Lindsay Lohan poses with gun in new photo shoot... Jon Gosselin moves into new Pennsylvania bachelor pad.

Video: Sandra Bullock divorce details...

Crime Watch: Randy and Evi Quaid settle dispute with California innkeeper.

Rumor Mill: Sandra Bullock offered adoption story to People ahead of Life & Style scoop... Lindsay Lohan offered $1 million to appear on "Celebrity Rehab"... Rep denies Heidi Montag is addicted to post-surgery painkillers... Supposed Chelsea Handler sex tape surfaces... Did Brad Pitt call Jennifer Aniston's "Architectural Digest" spread "pathetic?"... Unexploded WWII bombs found in lake near George Clooney's Italian villa... Jamie-Lynn Sigler dating New York Jets quarterback?

Pop Culture Mix: Katie Holmes to play Jackie Kennedy in History Channel documentary... Steve Carell to leave "The Office" after next season?... Ricky Gervais returns as host of the Golden Globes in 2011... J.J. Abrams to collaborate with -- and make a film homage to -- Steven Spielberg... "Hobbit" still slated for 2012 release, despite Imax mistake... Bill Murray insists there are no concrete plans for "Ghostbusters 3"... Thomas Haden Church, Claire Forlani leaving Showtime's "Episodes," starring Matt LeBlanc... "Glee"/Madonna tribute CD hits No. 1 on Billboard chart... Prepare yourself for "Magic 8 Ball: The Motion Picture"... Then, after you've sufficiently prepared for "Magic 8 Ball," get ready for the Ozzy Osbourne movie... Go-Go's to call it quits after summer tour (this news may sound like it's 20-years-old, but we swear, it's recent)... Forget helping old ladies cross the street; Cub Scouts now allowing members to earn pin for video games... A look at the poster and other details re: "Scream 4."

Say What?"

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | April 29, 2010; 8:27 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  Bret Michaels, Julia Roberts, Katie Holmes, Lindsay Lohan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bill Condon to direct last 'Twilight' movie
Next: Why we love Sandra Bullock

Comments

byoolin goes to Canada. Habs oust Caps. Coincidence?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 29, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

"It looks like a Jon Bon Jovi video." says the leader of 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Hey, yellojkt, did you catch this article re "Big Bang Theory"?
"Exploring the Complexities of Nerdiness, for Laughs":

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 29, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Crowe:" And I will kill anyone who disagrees WITH MY BARE HANDS!"

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 29, 2010 8:52 AM | Report abuse

I saw the GoGos in 1984. Belinda Carlisle spent the whole show guzzling from a red Solo cup. I don't think it was Gatorade.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I think les Glorieux' winning the series is a coincidence, but I'll take it as an auspicious omen.

"Supposed Chelsea Handler sex tape surfaces." And THAT is why I moved to Canada.

"Steve Carell to leave "The Office" after next season" - only three years after the laughs did. Not bad...

Will "Magic 8 Ball: The Motion Picture" be a huge success? Magic 8 Ball and P.T. Barnum say "nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 29, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Any sex with Chelsea Handler would have to be supposed. That's the vodka talking.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Nosey,
Thanks for the tip. BBT is perhaps the only show ever where geeks actually talk like real geeks. So I've heard.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Will Magic 8 Ball: The Movie be a success? (Shakes magic 8 ball)...Don't count on it.

Chelsea Handler sex tape was part of a stand up audition tape. And we all stood in awe as the phrase "flimsy excuse" were redefined.

As opposed to Russell Crowe's Robin Hood which looks like Gladiator 2: Electric Bugaloo.

By the way yellojkt, not that I'm stalking you on twitter or anything, but were you just in Austin?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 29, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus,
Yes. Yes, I was. Tuesday night I saw five bands, drank six Jack and Cokes, and ate one ice cream cone from Amy's. I would've partied harder but I had a 7 am flight and my cellphone battery ran out.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

"Supposed Chelsea Handler sex tape surfaces" and "Scream 4" in the same post. Coincidence?

"Lindsay Lohan offered $1 million to appear on 'Celebrity Rehab'" -- If her father, mother, and/or bratty sister want in, the money decreases by half.

"Bill Murray insists there are no concrete plans for 'Ghostbusters 3'" -- Keymasters around the world rejoiced.

"Katie Holmes to play Jackie Kennedy in History Channel documentary" -- Tom Cruise to play John John, age 2, under dad's desk.

"It looks like a Jon Bon Jovi video." -- Russell Crowe on Kevin Costner's 1991 version of "Robin Hood." -- I'd've said a Men Without Hats video myself.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 29, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

"Katie Holmes to play Jackie Kennedy in History Channel documentary"

And Tom Cruise will play Adlai Stevenson. No toupee required.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Russell, that's an insult to Bon Jovi videos.

And yeah, his Robin Hood totally looks like it's going to be "Gladiator 2: Maximus Gets Medieval On Your @ss". But I'm still going to see it, since Russell Crowe, Ridley Scott and the Robin Hood legend are among my favorite things in cinema.

LiLo - Celebrity Rehab - take the money, girlfriend!

Can we tell the producers of the Magic 8-Ball movie to concentrate and ask again?

Jon Gosselin moves to Pennsylvania bachelor pad. Because that's so accessible to the bridge and tunnel party crowd that he seems to favor these days.

Posted by: northgs | April 29, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

'Pennsylvania bachelor pad' has about as much chick magnet cachet as 'fully loaded Hyundai.'

Posted by: yellojkt | April 29, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Ok, "Fully Loaded Hyundai" would make a great 90's cover band name.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 29, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Glad to hear Brett is doing well but please let's not put the cart before the horse.

Jon's next move, I predict, will be his parents basement.

What is the success rate of Celebrity rehab? I've never watched the show. Is it just exploitation and then the celebrojunkie leaves the show with cash that allows them to continue their ways? Is this good or bad for Lilo?

Will the Ozzie Osbourne movie be subtitled?

Yeah we laugh at Kevin Costner's RobinHood movie now, but at the time I remember a packed theatre and it was the first time I ever went to a movie where the audience cheered. It was at the end when Sean Connery arrived as King Richard. Tastes change.

Posted by: hodie | April 29, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, Sean Connery was the only redemption in that entire movie, however minor (and phoned in) the performance. They were cheering because their two hours hadn't been totally wasted.

Posted by: northgs | April 29, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Julia Roberts most beautiful? Give me a break. She belongs, along with Sarah Jessica Parker, doing Bridle Fashion.

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 29, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

byoolin moved to Canada? Wow. I've been gone awhile.
methinks

Posted by: pras40 | April 29, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Sean Connery is one of those actors who can redeem almost any film he's in. Likewise Michael Caine. Which is why they were fabulous when they teamed up in "The Man Who Would Be King."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 29, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

The Man Who Would Be King is one of my all time favorites, Nosy. It's required viewing at our house.

Posted by: pras40 | April 29, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

methinks, "The Man Who Would Be King" needs to be added to that Friday list from a few weeks ago of movies we'd like to see over and over!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 29, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

From the pictures on the Jon Gosselin bachelor pad move-in, I see he uses the Ron Jeremy Luggage Line.

Byoolin, why are they called the Maple Leafs, and not the Maple Leaves? And have you spotted any Washington Capitals at the Condom Shack today?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 29, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Sas, they're called the Make Believes.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 29, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Well, the nutter-butters seem to be all in a tizzy about Sandra Bullock today.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 29, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Yup, Dorkus, another BKD possibly in the making.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 29, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Yep. Got some fine crazy growing up over on that post.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 29, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, Katie Holmes seems way too lightweight to play Jackie. Last decent portrayal of Jackie I saw (and was surprised, as I'm not a fan) was Jeanne Tripplehorn in Grey Gardens.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 29, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

sas, I have always wondered that myself -- being a writer, "leafs" has always bugged me.

Katie Holmes, really? That's the best THC could do?

I doubt Alexa Ray Joel is done with plastic surgery. Seems to me plastic surgery is like potato chips: you can't have just one.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 29, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

With the "Why we love Sandra Bullock," entry, Liz and Jen have achieved their Comments Received Metric for April.

Whoopie Scheisse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 29, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

If Billy Joel provided half of your genome, would you rest after only one round of plastic surgery? More important, would you let him drive your car?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 29, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

It has been confirmed on radar online and now it's spreading around the net

Watch her here

Posted by: ldeangelohr | April 30, 2010 4:38 AM | Report abuse

Chelsea Handler Sextape Watch : Chelsea Handler claims that the sex scene tape on the comedy routine demo tape obtained by Radar Online was just a joke. Chelsea Handler Sextape Watch http://usspost.com/chelsea-handler-8968/

Posted by: susan166 | April 30, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse