Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 04/30/2010

Conan O'Brien says he wouldn't have done what Leno did; Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt top 'least influential' list

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Russell Crowe clowns around with a sword at a Madrid photo call for his new movie 'Robin Hood.' (AP)
Friday

Celebrity Beat: Lady Gaga, Conan O'Brien, Sandra Bullock make Time's Most Influential Artists list... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt top Least Influential List... Jenna Jameson and Tito Ortiz further confuse us about what happened last week, calling incident a "big misunderstanding"... Kate Gosselin's latest book bombs... On "Oprah," Rielle Hunter denies wrecking John Edwards's home... Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson keep up Twitter war... Shakira visits Phoenix, condemns new immigration law... Dentists warn Jessica Simpson about her lax dental hygiene... Mark McGrath and fiancee welcome twins.

Crime Watch: David Hasselhoff's ex begins three-month jail sentence.

Rumor Mill: Sandra Bullock planning move to New Orleans?... Former dermatologist's assistant claims he was Michael Jackson's secret lover... Rep denies Christie Brinkley had plastic surgery earlier this month... Kim Kardashian says she didn't cause in-flight burrito stink... Paris Hilton dating "Glee's" Mark Salling?... Jennifer Lopez's ex shopping "I Owe J.Lo" reality show... Pam Anderson strips at pal's birthday party... Brittany Murphy's mom, husband still living together.

Pop Culture Mix: In early excerpt from "60 Minutes" interview, Conan O'Brien says he "wouldn't have done what Jay Leno did"; in related news, Max Weinberg no longer on Team CoCo... Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series to become TV show and film trilogy directed by Ron Howard... "Chuck" fans plan flash mobs for Monday... "Anchorman 2" is now off; San Diego's ability to stay classy now in jeopardy... Betty White refuses to do "dope jokes" on SNL... James Cameron to build a 3D camera for NASA... Mmm... who wants a slice of Ewok cake?

Video: Damon Lindelof says "Lost" finale will generate "a tremendous amount of theorizing"...

Say What?"
"Aretha Franklin -- because she's fat and she doesn't care. I think it's great. I spend my life dieting, and I love to see a heavy woman saying, 'This is who I am'." -- Joan Rivers, when asked who she admires.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | April 30, 2010; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Do any of these horror movie icons still scare you?
Next: Friday List: The best prom scenes ever

Comments

Liz, is there something wrong with the Buzzpoll? It won't let me vote and is ruining my Friday.

Conan strikes me as a spoiled brat. If so, in the best tradition of Jack Parr, Johnny Carson, etc.

Speidi least influential. There is some justice in the world.

I'm devastated that Kate won't be known as a literary lion. I thought she had a National Book Award locked up.

Now I believe Rielle Hunter about something.

Shakira's entry into the political arena has me rethinking what I said the other day re celebs and politics. Can she please come to Washington and criticize our immigration policy at length?

Is "in-flight burrito stink" a euphemism for something?

Pammy dancing nekkid somehow does not surprise me.

Joan Rivers' support of Aretha does not phase me. She is still one of the great artists of my generation. Especially since she still knows how to sex up a song like only a preacher's daughter can.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 30, 2010 8:26 AM | Report abuse

When asked for her papers, Shakira just said, "Hips don't lie."

Posted by: yellojkt | April 30, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

"Kate Gosselin's latest book bombs" -- Latest? You mean she "wrote" more than one version of "Men Are From Stupidville, Women Are Better But Not as Brilliant as I Am, Mady Put Down the Water Bottle"?

"On 'Oprah,' Rielle Hunter denies wrecking John Edwards's home" -- Lemme guess, the interview turned into a story about Oprah. Am I close?

"Dentists warn Jessica Simpson about her lax dental hygiene" -- Which would explain Nick Lachey's original lyrics to "What's Left of Me" (Take your breath off this man; let me breathe once again).

"Mark McGrath and fiancee welcome twins." -- And all the around the world, statues crumbled for them.

"Paris Hilton dating 'Glee's' Mark Salling?" -- She just likes saying "Puck Me" and giggling like a 14-year-old.

"Sandra Bullock planning move to New Orleans?" -- No, she's just there to film her next movie, "The Lake Ponchartrain House."

"Mmm... who wants a slice of Ewok cake?" -- No thanks. I had a Furby cake last night and I'm stuffed.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 30, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Don't know what happened, but the buzzpoll seems to be fixed now, so my Friday is saved, at least til Hax logs on.

I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks Stephen King has jumped the shark. (Can authors jump the shark like TV shows?)
I don't think even Ron Howard directing can make this good.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 30, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

"Max Weinberg no longer on Team CoCo" - A man can only serve one Boss.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 30, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I wish someone from Oprah's team had insisted on hooking Rielle Hunter up to a lie detector. The interview would be more fun to watch if the machine started smoking when she said "I am not a homewrecker" and then burst into flames when she uttered that line abut Edwards' "life of integrity".

Brittany Murphy's mom and husband are too nasty for words.

Posted by: newengland1 | April 30, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Why on earth would the writers of Lost end the show with "theorizing?" We need closure. Didn't they see how angry people got when the Sopranos ended with that horrible final scene. A show like Lost, where they rarely provided answers is now going to end with no answers. WORST IDEA EVER. I'm a diehard fan but that will just tick me off.

Posted by: kurtgdc | April 30, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

When I first read the headline about Heidi Montag, I thought it read "Least Inflatable."
The plastic surgeons have already inflated her as far as she can go.

If Jessica Simpson was in a kissing booth at a state fair, she'd have to pay patrons to kiss her.

Well, Kim Kardashian, if it wasn't a burrito that stunk up the first class section, what was it? Was there a dog in the first class section you can blame it on? Cue Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I defy any Lizard to take a look at Mark McGrath's fiance and try to imagine someone other than OctoMom.

After reading the article about Rielle Hunter, I'm reminded on this verse from Don Henley:

Lookin' like a beauty queen
Loyal as a wife
She raised her little voice and testified,
I am a good girl
I've been one all my life
But her virtue was as swollen as her pride
She should've had the Oscar
She must have been miscast
Her fifteen minutes went by so fast
I said, Now, baby, have you got no shame?
She just looked at me, uncomprehendingly
Like cows at a passing train

Kate Gosselin's book "I Just Want You to Know," is eerily close to O. J. Simpson's "I Want to Tell You", both in title and in sales figures. Kate doesn't know who or what killed her marriage, but she's not going to rest until she finds the killer.

Christie Brinkley HAD to get cosmetic surgery because she couldn't bear to be outdone by daughter Alexa Ray Joel.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Rielle, you're swell
We don't need the dirt on the hotel
Dear Rielle

Rielle, pell mell
Don't say you're "private" then kiss and tell
Dear Rielle

To Oprah, to Oprah, to Oprah
You had too much to say.
I hope you're done today
I will say really small words I hope
You can understand.

Dear Rielle

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 30, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I'm so bummed that my previous request to NEVER READ ANOTHER WORD about Brittany Murphy's mom and husband has been ignored. Ick nast.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 30, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Friday love to Bret Michaels! Never really a Poison fan, but I know he has little kids who need their dad so here's hoping for a good recovery.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 30, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Td, I thought the exact same thing about Mark Salling! "Puck Me!" Hey Paris, now THAT's hot!

Oh we have a new nomination for parent of the year, Mrs. Murphy. And might I add "ick, nast".

You know, I really do enjoy the show Chuck and I would join the flash mob if I didn't HAVE A LIFE! Jeesh, people, get over it. It is a TV show. (hodie says as she contemplates booking a flight to Hawaii to visit LOST sites....)

Posted by: hodie2 | April 30, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Jenna Jameson has clearly never heard of the late Nicole Brown Simpson.

Pam - just stop, for chrissakes. Ms. Rode Hard and Put Up Wet has careened so far into pathetic territory.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 30, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

For those in need of amusement this weekend, "Weekend Competition: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Men World":

What's your fvorite?