Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 04/22/2010

Coroner: Marie Osmond's son committed suicide; Muslim group warns 'South Park' creators

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney
Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Coroner rules Marie Osmond's son's death a suicide... Christina Aguilera to perform on "American Idol" finale... Sandra Bullock plans to return Razzie... Courtney Love asks to be called "Courtney Michelle" from now on... Rihanna fine after brief hospital visit for injured rib... Pharrell Williams launches news Web site for teens... Victoria Beckham looks just ducky in German Vogue... Kristen Stewart lights up in Flaunt magazine photo shoot.

Video: If these promos are any indication, this weekend's Gabourey Sidibe-hosted "SNL" will be must-see TV:

More: William Shatner and Lin Yu Chun duet "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

Crime Watch: Heather Locklear unlikely to face hit-and-run charges for weekend run-in with "no parking" sign... Danielle Steel's ex-assistant sentenced for embezzling $760,000 from the romance novelist.

Rumor Mill: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie planning to marry soon? OK! mag says yes... So did Samantha Ronson really spit on Lindsay Lohan, or did Lohan throw ice at Ronson? And, really, who cares?... Kristen Stewart not injured in fake "traffic altercation"... Star magazine claims Kim Kardashian's ex husband punched her, instructed her to get plastic surgery.

Pop Culture Mix: Muslim group warns Trey Parker and Matt Stone they could face death for putting the prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during episode of "South Park"... HBO's "How to Make It in America" gets second season... A first look at "Shrek Forever After," which opened the Tribeca Film Festival... Matt Damon and Keira Knightley in talks to star in adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "Tender is the Night"... Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones to reteam for "Men in Black 3-D"... IGN amends its list of the top 25 comedies of all time... Hulu.com launching $9.95 per month subscription service... Moviefone reimagines movie posters with the originally cast stars... Presenting: The "Lost" Smoke Buster T-shirt, which, sadly, is no longer available for purchase.

Chat Day! Join us at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | April 22, 2010; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Christina Aguilera, Victoria Beckham, Will Smith
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Iron Man, Hugh Grant and passive vs. aggressive heroes
Next: Is 'Avatar' really eco-friendly?

Comments

Courtney's lost the Love. We've felt that way about her for awhile now.

Yes, Sandra Bullock has return the Razzie high on her to do list right now.

Hulu says hello paid subscriptions, I say bye-bye.

Posted by: epjd | April 22, 2010 8:52 AM | Report abuse

If I were Sandra Bullock, I'd wonder whether honors from an organization that can't give you the right award even means anything.

"Courtney Love asks to be called "Courtney Michelle" from now on." Nah, I think I'll stick with 'Crazy Pants.'

"Rihanna fine after brief hospital visit for injured rib." And how is Chris Brown, Ri?

Most confusing thing about Pharrell Williams' news Web site for teens: every headline is "OMG! LIKE, WTF?"

Even though he had to learn the wrods phonetically, Shatner does well on "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

"Danielle Steel's ex-assistant sentenced for embezzling $760,000 from the romance novelist," and as the bailiff put his hand between her shoulders to guide her back to her cell, she shivered at his touch. She could feel his soft yet firm hand on her spine and wondered what it would feel like on her skin.

It would be sad if it were true that SamRo spit on LiLo. Girls are generally terrible at hawking up good, battle-ready loogies.

"Muslim group warns Trey Parker and Matt Stone they could face death for putting the prophet Muhammad in a bear suit." And the bears aren't too pleased, either: "We've worked too hard to remind Americans that the majority of bears are peaceful forest dwellers who want nothing more than to wander the forests, eating berries and catching the occasional fish, to have people now worry that the next bear they see is actually a suicide bomber in disguise. We call on Muslim extremists to renounce the use of bear disguises in all terrorist activities and remind Americans that far more people are injured or killed by dogs every year."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 22, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

There are so many things that I would call Courtney Love, Courtney Michelle is not one of them.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 22, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Byoo - you outdo yourself today..

Happy Earf Day Islanders!!!

Posted by: LTL1 | April 22, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

byoo, where do they stand on the right to arm bears?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 22, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

byoo, where do they stand on the right to arm bears?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

********************************************

I don't know about byoolin, but I'm more in favor of the right to bare legs.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 22, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Courtney finally said something I can get behind... "The name Courtney Love is a way to oppress me." You and me both Courtney... you and me both...

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | April 22, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

The arming bears question is a tricky one, ever since the spectacular failure of the NRA's slogan, "Bears don't kill people, - oh, hey, geez, they *do*, actually, kinda, don't they? Well, bears don't kill people who exercise their Second Amendment rights under the Constitution to keep and bear arms. That's for sure. And that's why bears should be armed, to keep bear-on-bear crime down."

Trivia: The above slogan marked the last time former vice-president Dan Quayle collaborated with Sarah Palin on a public policy issue.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 22, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Those SNL promos look GREAT. "Shh, shh, it's okay. Take off your pants."

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 22, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Well, any hopes of my aspiring even close to byoolin-level snark today were completely shot with that Danielle Steel paragraph. Wow. I'm seriously not worthy. (I think we just discovered a new career for HRH byoo. Harlequin, line one.)

But that won't shut me up completely, however.

"Rihanna fine after brief hospital visit for injured rib" -- Poor thing, she tripped and fella, fella, fella.

"Danielle Steel's ex-assistant sentenced for embezzling $760,000 from the romance novelist." -- I'm surprised DS even noticed it was missing with the crocks of cash she has. Next book: "Matters of the Wallet."

"William Shatner and Lin Yu Chun duet, 'Total Eclipse of the Heart.'" -- Turn. A-ROUND! Ev. Ry. NOWANDTHEN. I....

You just know that somewhere Leonard Nimoy is calling his agent. "Two can play at this game, Admiral. I want that William Hung. Or Wing maybe. Find me an empty janitor's closet, a Flip camera, and a karaoke machine. We're gonna NAIL Shat to wall when he sees what we do with Blondie's 'Rapture.'"

"Victoria Beckham looks just ducky in German Vogue" -- I was expecting her in a duck costume. Now I just have visions of what her and David's bedroom must look like, sans dirty soccer jerseys and shoes on the floor.

"A first look at 'Shrek Forever After,'" -- Just tell me the Forever After is the promise of no more Shreks. Liked 2, hated 3.

"Hulu.com launching $9.95 per month subscription service" -- Speaking of Hulu, I watched the Glee / Madonna episode there last night. Not getting all the raves about this week (though I've liked -- not OMGLOVED -- the show so far). However, as much as I liked the "Vogue" video, it's Fonzie on the shark. The show is going to be another "Twin Peaks" -- flame big then flame out. You heard it here first.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 22, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

td, I suspect you're right re the shelf-life of "Glee."

Re Danielle Steel, her hubby has scads more dough than even she does!

Re writing Harlequin romances, I have an old friend who does this, and apparently it's really easy. They send their "authors" plot outlines, to fill in. Each author also has a website with a bio that (trust me on this) bears only a passing resemblance to reality. But apparently it can be quite a lucrative career.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 22, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

As for those "re-imagined" movie posters, I gotta say I like the idea of Tim Curry in A Clockwork Orange & Deniro in the Joe Pesci role in Home Alone.

Though it took me a minute to figure out what was different about that poster.

But Richard Greico in Speed & Tom Cruise in Footloose? I honestly think there's plenty o snark in those 2 posters but it's beyond me right now.

They are just wrong on so many levels.

Posted by: wadejg | April 22, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

And the countdown begins for the death knell of Brangelina.

I think the real question re. SamRo is, are they in 8th grade? Grow up!

Posted by: Californian11 | April 22, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

As usual, I'm late to the party. Happy Earth Day fellow lizards. It's a banner day for my movie!

td, you ARE worthy! "fella, fella, fella" --LOL!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 22, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

cat, did you read my comments on "Dirt: The Movie" on yesterday's Morning Mix? Well done, Dirt Team!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 22, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Nosy--I didn't see it! I'll have to go check (we were in major postbroadcast mode yesterday). LA and SF mayors issued proclamations making April 20th Dirt Day!

Will go look and thanks again!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 22, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Just went to look at your comments on the movie--glad you liked it! And yes, that Carson clip with Andy Lipkis gets a huge laugh in every screening I've been to. His facial expressions were so priceless.

People are kind of split on the animation--loving it or hating it, the latter usually hard core environmentalists who hate that we call it "Dirt" instead of "Soil". I love it, more important, kids ADORE it (Digby, the dirt organism dude, is on some promotional stickers and the kids are crazy for him). And getting kids involved is key. We had a six year old walking out of a screening saying "Mommy, I want to start composting." Isn't that cool?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 22, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

"Digby"? What a perfect name for the dirt organism. Maybe it was just because it was past my bedtime, but I didn't pick up on that in the film.

A friend likes to refer to me, in a complimentary way, as a "dirt farmer." I try to take no offense.

Hope your "little movie" gets lots more air and light ;-)))

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 22, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

You didn't miss it--he's not referred to by name in the movie, just on the site. ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 22, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Writing "Muhammad" is hate speech.

Posted by: fireball72 | April 22, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse