Posted at 3:00 PM ET, 04/22/2010

Fashion statement: Jasmine Burke, gender bender or fashion offender?

By Liz Kelly

Last night, actress Jasmine Burke -- who you may or may not remember from "The Secret Life of Bees" or, umm, "The Secret Life of Bees" -- turned up to an Atlanta event wearing the get-up you see below. Decidedly not the usual garb for aspiring starlets. Is it retro-"Newsie"-esque, Diane Keaton-inspired, "Victor Victoria" chic or just flat out risky.

(Getty Images)

You tell us...

By Liz Kelly  | April 22, 2010; 3:00 PM ET
Categories:  Fashion  | Tags:  Jasmine Burke, fashion
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Paulina Porizkova takes on plastic surgery
Next: Naomi Campbell takes swing at camera; Dad surprises Lindsay Lohan with cop visit

Comments

Knickers are back? I remember they were in when I was in 6th grade.

Posted by: hodie2 | April 22, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

She looks good and it got her in the paper. Win.

Posted by: Roxie1 | April 22, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Why am I having flashes of Alicia Keys circa 4 or 5 years ago?

Posted by: northgs | April 22, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Cute outfit. Thanks, Jasmine, for not exposing your boobs almost to the nipple or your behind by wearing a skirt that would show us your g-string (if you happened to put one on that day). Wear what you want to wear and not what they think you should. Everything they say is "in" has been "in" before. Still not sure who "they" is, but you get my point.

Posted by: shejoy | April 22, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

I like her shoes.

Posted by: Carrie1102 | April 22, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

It's risky and I completely dig it- she pulls it off with great flair. And I like her shoes too.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 22, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Jasmine's outfit works, despite Liz' allusion to the Diane Keaton School of Schmata Fashion.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 22, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse